HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Jeff077

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Both teams get a lot of breaks with the officials on ice and league officials off ice
In what way to they get breaks on and off the ice? Very vague, open ended comment, please explain.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
KL14

Politics/Arnprior-Ottawa West

First, I predict an Arnprior win tonight over Ottawa West.

Second, glad to see Perth adding another 16 to their roster, but where did the card for him come from ? I thought the only way to get a 16 year old was to have an available card. My understanding was that all 38 cards across the entire league were accounted for, or can a 16 year old step down from a Jr B team and return to minor hockey and free up the card that they were using?

Finally, for sure their are teams with influence in the league and good for them. There is not a single team that would not take advantage of the situation if they were able to. To think it does not happen would be naive.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post

Second, glad to see Perth adding another 16 to their roster, but where did the card for him come from ? I thought the only way to get a 16 year old was to have an available card. My understanding was that all 38 cards across the entire league were accounted for, or can a 16 year old step down from a Jr B team and return to minor hockey and free up the card that they were using?

Finally, for sure their are teams with influence in the league and good for them. There is not a single team that would not take advantage of the situation if they were able to. To think it does not happen would be naive.
I'll predict 5-2 Ottawa. Last time we played Arnprior the goalie pulled himself and left the ice and Allard quit in the 2nd period and hasn't played since.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
upinarms

Quote:

Who is 16 year old they added, and where from?

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
I'll predict 5-2 Ottawa. Last time we played Arnprior the goalie pulled himself and left the ice and Allard quit in the 2nd period and hasn't played since.
allard was injured

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 11:26 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
allard was injured
He got in a fight with the coach (brother?) and got benched in the 2nd and didn't play the rest of the game.

Their goalie was phenomenal until he gave up a bad goal in the 3rd. OTW scored with 4.6 seconds to win the game and avoid OT.

There were 2 OHL scouts in attendance probably watching Steege who had a really solid game.

Last edited by EpicNeilTime: 01-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old
12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
KL14

Arnprior on 4 game skid

First, again I was impressed with the crowd that OTW is able to draw for Jr B in the city. Second, the 16 year old added byPerth is J Burke and I hear that he is an AP so he wouldn't need a card (I should have thought of this on my own), Finally, it was a very good game last between Arnprior and OTW. Packers cannot seem to hold a lead and do not adjust their style of play what so ever. With the game tied and a point close in hand, Arnprior has a d man on the ice who wants to be a forward and who spent most of the game in front of the OTW net. Too many players looking for individual points instead of wins.

I only saw one scout there from Val D'Or, do you know where the other one was from ? I am sure that they are looking at Steege but also heard they are looking at some of the 17 year olds. It is highly unlikely that Steege will be waived from the OHL and I am sure the Q scouts know this.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:54 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
First, again I was impressed with the crowd that OTW is able to draw for Jr B in the city. Second, the 16 year old added byPerth is J Burke and I hear that he is an AP so he wouldn't need a card (I should have thought of this on my own), Finally, it was a very good game last between Arnprior and OTW. Packers cannot seem to hold a lead and do not adjust their style of play what so ever. With the game tied and a point close in hand, Arnprior has a d man on the ice who wants to be a forward and who spent most of the game in front of the OTW net. Too many players looking for individual points instead of wins.

I only saw one scout there from Val D'Or, do you know where the other one was from ? I am sure that they are looking at Steege but also heard they are looking at some of the 17 year olds. It is highly unlikely that Steege will be waived from the OHL and I am sure the Q scouts know this.
nvm...

Last edited by EpicNeilTime: 01-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old
12-14-2012, 11:13 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

It looks like Burke left his Jr. B team (Morrisburg?) and is playing with the Wild since last week. He played the past 3 seasons with the Sens, so he must have moved or gotten a release. He had a good camp in CP.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:20 PM
PG

Alex 7 Winch 6.....Gat 6, Met 3

Must have been a wild finish in Winchester last night....with Alexandria scoring four straight goals in the third to wipe out a 6-2 Winchester lead and then win it in OT - an epic recovery or collapse depending on how you look at it....any witnesses who can comment on the game?

Metcalfe continues with its line up challenges - still without about seven regulars and last night rolled into Gatineau with four affiliates and finished the game with three starting D.....despite the challenges, Jets kept the shots close (40-39) but the Mustangs fire power was too much for the young roster from Metcalfe

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
KL14

Arnprior drops one more

Now on a five game skid, dropping a 5-3 decision to Shawville, Arnprior was short Steege, Lahoux, Stanton and Burge....but others could not rise up to the occassion...Arnprior will be cheering for Renfrew tonight to keep Almonte from closing the gap on the last playoff spot. It was minor hockey night in Arnprior...hats off to the Mac's Store in Arnprior, who have contributed over $ 200 K to minor hockey in Arnprior over the past four years from Nevada ticket sales.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Noticed that 2-3 videos were posted on youtube today...

2 of them by the Glens goalie practice, and this one from the Winchester/Akwesasne shootout game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwQK29KarGU

Cool to see that people are posting their videos! And its definitely a better video of the Hawks than the previous which caused
alot of **** on this forum due to the promoted fighting haha

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:25 PM
KL14

Stittsville Games on line

I wish all teams that video record their games would post them on line like Stittsville does. It is great to be able to re-watch certain aspects of the games. I am sure some coaches use them for instruction and game break down as well.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:30 PM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
It looks like Burke left his Jr. B team (Morrisburg?) and is playing with the Wild since last week. He played the past 3 seasons with the Sens, so he must have moved or gotten a release. He had a good camp in CP.
Have not seen him in line up the last 2 games. Is he still with them?

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Matrix20027

Is the Westport vs Athens game cancelled tonight?

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:42 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
Is the Westport vs Athens game cancelled tonight?
Ya i don't get it because Brockville and Gan played

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
PG

Sunday Action: Metcalfe doubles up on Junior Canadians and Clarence dumps Gatineau.....Should be fun down the stretch in the Metro Division

Old
12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
PG

Metcalfe picks up both ends of a home and home with Ottawa Junior Canadians with a 3-1 win.....Benoit Larocque played a strong game in goal and the Jets played tight defensively to thwart Ottawa's high powered offence

Old
12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
KL14

Metro Division

It is unfortunate that one of the Metro teams will not make the playoffs. It is by far the most competitive and strongest in the entire league.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Ottawa Guy

The final 4 in play-offs should be good, my guess are Athen vs Casselman & Gainea vs Perth however there is possibilities if some updets along theway.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Metcalfe picks up both ends of a home and home with Ottawa Junior Canadians with a 3-1 win.....Benoit Larocque played a strong game in goal and the Jets played tight defensively to thwart Ottawa's high powered offence
Interesting OJC listed Fabian Walsh in line up, but he was playing for the Kanata Stallions at same time, guess they setting him up for next year as a 21, not the 1st time OJC listed players that didn't play.

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
Interesting OJC listed Fabian Walsh in line up, but he was playing for the Kanata Stallions at same time, guess they setting him up for next year as a 21, not the 1st time OJC listed players that didn't play.
he already played his one game and i think he got 3 assists if i remember correctly

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Matrix20027

As the deadline gets closer what will happen? How many 21 year old spots are open and who will be traded? Who needs forwards and who needs D men? Is everyone happy with the goalies? Questions Questions Questions

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
clear the track

Krush Cancer

Former Gloucester Ranger Chris Kushneryk is fighting Testicular Cancer. A Charity Game on his behalf will be held Thursday Jan 27th, 8 pm at the Minto arena. It will consist of local NHL, NCAA, CIS ( Ottawa and Carleton) and CCHL Players. Come and attend a worthwhile cause and help Chris in his battle against Cancer.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/lo...r-charity-game

clear the track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
Former Gloucester Ranger Chris Kushneryk is fighting Testicular Cancer. A Charity Game on his behalf will be held Thursday Jan 27th, 8 pm at the Minto arena. It will consist of local NHL, NCAA, CIS ( Ottawa and Carleton) and CCHL Players. Come and attend a worthwhile cause and help Chris in his battle against Cancer.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/lo...r-charity-game
Great cause....let's get some commitments from each team..