HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
PK19

vCash: 500
From Metro/Valley Conf

TEAM DATE TRANSACTION

Arnprior Packers 01/10/13 ADD Wilkie, David (RD) acquired in trade from Ottawa West Golden Knights

Ottawa West Golden Knights 01/10/13 DEL Wilkie, David (RD) traded to Arnprior Packers

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Bockwinkel

Hearing some rumours about an eojhl 'super league' which would seek to eliminate some jr b teams. Is this why they have 2 separate websites now. Are metro/valley teams behind it ?

Bockwinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
Hearing some rumours about an eojhl 'super league' which would seek to eliminate some jr b teams. Is this why they have 2 separate websites now. Are metro/valley teams behind it ?
There is not going to be a super league. However there are rumours of the CCHL league joining with teams from the OJHL.

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:36 PM
hurricane11

Ron McCrusty is trying to start a superleague but from what i heard the league would need a 2/3rd vote and none of the Rideau- Stl teams will vote for it.

i could never see this working as most of the players play for love of the game instead of trying to make the NCAA/CHL. I think Ron needs to realize that this league will never be like the CCHL and that its ok.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
PG

Super League or not, there was a great game played last night in Metcalfe where despite being outshot 37-20, Clarence nipped the Jets 2-1....Up tempo, gritty, and skillful game to watch notwithstanding the low score....

Lots more to come in the Metro Division as standings are tight

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Hockeyfan6713

The Akwesasne Wolves have just beat and dominated the best 2 teams in conference this weekend. Westport and then Casselman! Thats a big statement

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Matrix20027

Alexandria also beat Westport 5 to 2 and beat Athens5 to 2. Westport was missing 4 players in the last two games. Casselman has been on a low losing 3 of the last 5 games. The sauce needs D for the playoffs. The one thing I can say is Alexandria and Awkwesane will both give teams a hard time with forechecking and not giving up.

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:28 AM
KL14

Beware of good teams having bad seasons

Great to see so many teams competing coming down the stretch. Several of teams that are good on paper have struggled through the regular season, but if they manage to make it into the playoffs, sometimes things just click. I am hoping this is the case in the Valley division. There are a couple real good teams on paper but they have yet to get it done on the ice.

On another note, perhaps there should be two division in the EOJHL with 11 teams in both divisions with the top eight making the respective divisional playoffs. It will be too bad for either Clarence of Metcalfe not to make the playoffs after putting together very good seasons.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Great to see so many teams competing coming down the stretch. Several of teams that are good on paper have struggled through the regular season, but if they manage to make it into the playoffs, sometimes things just click. I am hoping this is the case in the Valley division. There are a couple real good teams on paper but they have yet to get it done on the ice.

On another note, perhaps there should be two division in the EOJHL with 11 teams in both divisions with the top eight making the respective divisional playoffs. It will be too bad for either Clarence of Metcalfe not to make the playoffs after putting together very good seasons.
OWGK (39pts) also possibility in the mix of missing playoff, Clarence (36pts) 1 game in hand and Metcalfe (34pts) has 4 games in hand will see after this afternoon games.

OWGK on a 4 games losing streak, with 6 games vs Clarence and Metcalfe combine

Old
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
hurricane11

Awkwesasne got a Westport team that was missing its top line and best defensemen and they got Casselman on the end of 3 games in 4 days. Good for them to win the games and get into playoffs but i don't think you should take too much stock in these victories.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Awkwesasne got a Westport team that was missing its top line and best defensemen and they got Casselman on the end of 3 games in 4 days. Good for them to win the games and get into playoffs but i don't think you should take too much stock in these victories.
Have you seen the games?! Its impossible to tell if you werent there. I was not at the Westport one, but was at the Casselman one. I heard they completely dominated Westport from A to Z, dont forget they have new additions and injury comebacks.

Against Casselman, i have never seen Casselman be dominated that much. Even physicalle surprisingly! In terms of shots, hits, speed, cycling, everything.

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
hurricane11

The Wolves are a good team much improved all i am saying is Westport was missing Ming, Mcnutt, Jarrett Williams and Hincks. So missing their top 2 D and top 2 forwards who play in all situations makes things a bit easier.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:24 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post

You are right...and both are playing very well over the past 8-10 games....still a chance that they both could make it if Ottawa West does not pull out of their tailspin

Old
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
PG

Metcalfe 6 Gatineau 2

Jets found their scoring touch in the third and took out Gatineau 6-2 this afternoon in Metcalfe.....Third through fifth is a dog fight.....get your tickets

Old
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
KL14

Renfrew still sliding

First, let me say that Stittsville took it to Renfrew today. Having said this, Boucher, who was the referee was brutal. He allowed hits from behind, hits to the head, he has no clue on how to deal with off setting penalties when others penalties are called. The league officials should watch the recording of this game on the Stittsville web site once the game is posted to see how sub par Boucher is. He should not be allowed to work in this league.

Second, Renfrew's lack of discipline and character continues to haunt them. Selfish penalties, stupid head shots, mouthing at the refs, and that was not just today, it seems to be every game. Some of the players are soft. They go to practice, full contact, but can't seem to show up on game day. I hope they are not waiting for the playoffs to show up to play because Almonte is chasing Renfrew down fast. Time for the new coaches to start coaching and challenging some of their "stars". If the team lacked talent then one could understand, but the lack of character, that is something else. Time to look in mirror boys, come prepared to play and show some respect for your selfs. You are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Jets found their scoring touch in the third and took out Gatineau 6-2 this afternoon in Metcalfe.....Third through fifth is a dog fight.....get your tickets
Was at the Clarence vs. Canadians games this afternoon. Seems like Canadians have it going again after beating West 10-3 on Tuesday, Gatineau in their own barn 4-3 on Friday and then knocking off Clarence in their backyard 4-1. The only game that was close was Gatineau, and they had to score two late goals to get close. A few moves by Canadians before and at the deadline mite prove to be huge down the strecth. Gatineau by far the quickest team I've seen all year.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
EpicNeilTime

The thing with Ottawa West right now is that they do not have a goalie. And you need a number 1 goalie to win. Both games against Gatineau they lost because of goaltending despite outplaying them by a far margin. 9 goals on 18 is unacceptable. Against the Canadiens at one point it was 3-3 I think and OTW had the momentum until they let in a bad goal then it went downhill from there. When it comes down to it, OTW could win against any team in the league but not with that goaltending duo.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Bockwinkel

Why would West trade Larocque when they didn't have another goalie to capably replace him ? IMO, either management thought they had another guy coming in or they vastly overrated the other guys in their system.

Bockwinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
hurricane11

Heard that it got wild in Athens last night. Was anyone there?

Old
01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
Why would West trade Larocque when they didn't have another goalie to capably replace him ? IMO, either management thought they had another guy coming in or they vastly overrated the other guys in their system.
From what someone told me was that he wasn't playing well so they started playing their backup and they he stopped showing up. They didn't really have a choice.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Matrix20027

Web page

Is it just me or is the new eojbhl site for the metro and valley hard to find any information.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
wolfdoc

Casselman trade with Metcalfe Jan 11

So the Vikings make a trade after the deadline? Guessing that the trade was done Jan 10 and completed Jan 11. Player had to be released before midnight Jan 10 or he is ineligible to play on Hockey Canada or USA Hockey teams for the rest of the season. Could the league have allowed that error?

wolfdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Matrix20027

Casselman does what it wants they don't have rules. I said it before and I'll say it again they have the money and power to do what they want. The league will cover it up because money will buy them the championship again.

Everyone can read the message it was done after the deadline it will be coverup count on it.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
Casselman does what it wants they don't have rules. I said it before and I'll say it again they have the money and power to do what they want. The league will cover it up because money will buy them the championship again.

Everyone can read the message it was done after the deadline it will be coverup count on it.
Casselman list 26 players, but currently 3 are playing Jr.A so they have 23, how would they be able to add a 24th after Jan.10?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
hurricane11

Who did they add? Casselman and Westport do whatever they want