HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Canadian91

vCash: 500
I don't usually post here, but had to pass this game sheet on..

http://rideaustlawrence.com/leagues/...gameID=1184923

16-2 final, 315 PIMs. Talk about a gongshow... next game tonight may be worth the trip out to Casselman.

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:39 PM
KL14

Stittsville - Metcalfe

Any truth to the rumor that Stittsville may lose the two points from today's game ?...again just a rumour but from a pretty good source...

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Matrix20027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
I don't usually post here, but had to pass this game sheet on..

http://rideaustlawrence.com/leagues/...gameID=1184923

16-2 final, 315 PIMs. Talk about a gongshow... next game tonight may be worth the trip out to Casselman.
I have seen Casselman do this before send out a line to get the other team's first line out of the game. They spear, slash and crosscheck then turtle like a bunch of babies because they won't fight they have yellow stripes on their backs. I said it before and I'll say it again that is why they are the most hated team in the league. The are the dirtiest team in the league and it is they way they are coached.

At the 16:22 mark just look at what happened 4 players from Casselman get inciting penalties but no fighting penalties but Winchester gets 5 players out for fighting.

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Matrix20027

Stittsville vs Perth 1st round starts Wednesday 7:45

Old
02-17-2013, 11:02 PM
end2endrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
I have seen Casselman do this before send out a line to get the other team's first line out of the game. They spear, slash and crosscheck then turtle like a bunch of babies because they won't fight they have yellow stripes on their backs. I said it before and I'll say it again that is why they are the most hated team in the league. The are the dirtiest team in the league and it is they way they are coached.

At the 16:22 mark just look at what happened 4 players from Casselman get inciting penalties but no fighting penalties but Winchester gets 5 players out for fighting.
you read the score sheer wrong..at 16:42 casselman boys got inciting penalties, then at 16:22 the mess started. was not at the game but heard all 5 guys on casselman got jumped and charges may be pressed if they wanted to. coach of winchester clearly sent out the goons. I'm not a fan of either team to be honest, but you gotta remember this is the jungle, and they call it the jungle for a reason. if a team spears hooks slashes but still wins, who cares?! half these boys don't even take it seriously. lets just enjoy the playoffs and wish everyone a good luck.

end2endrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:16 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
you read the score sheer wrong..at 16:42 casselman boys got inciting penalties, then at 16:22 the mess started. was not at the game but heard all 5 guys on casselman got jumped and charges may be pressed if they wanted to. coach of winchester clearly sent out the goons. I'm not a fan of either team to be honest, but you gotta remember this is the jungle, and they call it the jungle for a reason. if a team spears hooks slashes but still wins, who cares?! half these boys don't even take it seriously. lets just enjoy the playoffs and wish everyone a good luck.
Let's be honest here its Casselman most of those players deserve to be jumped and beaten up for the stuff they pull and get away with... and its the playoffs I think all the players are taking it serious now.. maybe it wasn't taken serious in Sept and October but I'm sure it is now

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:16 AM
KL14

C'mon EOJHL

You need to question the integrity of the EOJHL after the Stittsville Royals losing points screw up. If it true that Stittsville lost four points due to an ineligible player, it would mean they finished with 37 points not the 41 that is listed in the standings.

Without a doubt they lost some points as Stittsville is playing Perth in the first round which is a 1-4 match up while Renfrew (2) is playing Arnprior (3). The question is "Would Almonte had put forth a different effort in their second last game that they lost ot Shawville (because Almonte believed at this point they were out of the playoffs) and would they have played their final game for a chance at the playoff spot ?"....one would think yes....makes the league look like a joke. Almonte should be protesting the whole thing and the league should be doing the right thing and either allowing an Almonte/Stittsville mini series to determine the fourth playoff spot OR allowing Almonte to replay their game against Shawvillle OR just put Almonte in the fourth spot and take Stittsville out....there are options available.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how the league executive responds to the ugly incident that took place in Arnprior last night.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Stittsvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
You need to question the integrity of the EOJHL after the Stittsville Royals losing points screw up. If it true that Stittsville lost four points due to an ineligible player, it would mean they finished with 37 points not the 41 that is listed in the standings.

Without a doubt they lost some points as Stittsville is playing Perth in the first round which is a 1-4 match up while Renfrew (2) is playing Arnprior (3). The question is "Would Almonte had put forth a different effort in their second last game that they lost ot Shawville (because Almonte believed at this point they were out of the playoffs) and would they have played their final game for a chance at the playoff spot ?"....one would think yes....makes the league look like a joke. Almonte should be protesting the whole thing and the league should be doing the right thing and either allowing an Almonte/Stittsville mini series to determine the fourth playoff spot OR allowing Almonte to replay their game against Shawvillle OR just put Almonte in the fourth spot and take Stittsville out....there are options available.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how the league executive responds to the ugly incident that took place in Arnprior last night.
It was 2 points, it was the Shawville game on Saturday anf Almonte knew before they played on Sunday. Stittsville and Almonte were tied in points with 4 games left for both teams and Almonte held the tiebreaker. Stittsville went 4 - 0 down the stretch. Almonte managed only an ot loss. The right team is in.

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:07 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
It was 2 points, it was the Shawville game on Saturday anf Almonte knew before they played on Sunday. Stittsville and Almonte were tied in points with 4 games left for both teams and Almonte held the tiebreaker. Stittsville went 4 - 0 down the stretch. Almonte managed only an ot loss. The right team is in.
Just curious, who was the ineligible player?

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:21 AM
KL14

Only 2 points ?

you sure that it was only two points ? If that was the case then Arnprior had to win last night to take third, a loss would have left them in fourth. I say this again, because the Arnprior/Renfrew game went to running time for the entire third period. It had nothing to do with ice availability, but everything to do with the fact that it became a nothing game once the decision came in on Stittsville losing points. In fact they almost canceled the game due to other reasons with 6 minutes left in the second. Even the commentator on the radio (MyFM) was saying at the start of the broadcast that Arnprior and Renfrew were playing off because Stittsville lost four points...again, major integrity issue for the league.

Last edited by KL14: 02-18-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
JrB

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
Let's be honest here its Casselman most of those players deserve to be jumped and beaten up for the stuff they pull and get away with... and its the playoffs I think all the players are taking it serious now.. maybe it wasn't taken serious in Sept and October but I'm sure it is now
Im sorry but regardless of what kind of players they are, how many times they've slashed or speared other players, no one deserves to have their head pounded into the ice to the point where it becomes legally acceptable to press charges...It was obvious that Winchester felt they had no other option because they had lost the first game 6-1 and were now losing the second 5-1...They sent out their goons (two of whom are affiliate players from JrC who had never even played with the Hawks before) to try to intimidate Cass. They're a bunch of sore losers if you ask me!!

JrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
Reason Gan gets two home games in a row is because Westport will be missing Ming, Hincks, McNutt and maybe Terpak to a Queens grad trip.. This is another example of how Westport gets there way with things off the ice.. Bundy lied to Gan and told them he couldnt get ice on the tuesday night and let them have two home games in a row so those players will only miss games 3, 4 and 5 and be back in time for game 6 if it happens to make it that far.
I heard similar, But Shorey stepped in after he called Westport arena to find out that they could get ice and made up two schedule proposals for Bundy to agree upon. So thats why the schedule is the way it is. Could work out for them have last 2 of 3 games at home now.

I was at both Rideau Division games yesterday both very entertaining to watch. Was very impressed with atmosphere in Brockville. In Gan i was surprised at how quiet Gan's top players were. Cota was shy all night.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:54 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:
you sure that it was only two points ? If that was the case then Arnprior had to win last night to take third, a loss would have left them in fourth. I say this again, because the Arnprior/Renfrew game went to running time for the entire third period. It had nothing to do with ice availability, but everything to do with the fact that it became a nothing game once the decision came in on Stittsville losing points. In fact they almost canceled the game due to other reasons with 6 minutes left in the second. Even the commentator on the radio (MyFM) was saying at the start of the broadcast that Arnprior and Renfrew were playing off because Stittsville lost four points...again, major integrity issue for the league.
Yes, it was only TWO points. The Almonte thing was settled with a solid Stittsville win on Sunday defeating Metcalfe 2-0. NO DOUBT ABOUT THE POINTS!

The more important question is why did Renfrew lose on purpose last night. The GM of Renfrew told his players before the game that he did not want to play Stittsville, so let's loose against Arnprior. Sounds pretty gutless. League should look into this.

EOJHLman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I heard similar, But Shorey stepped in after he called Westport arena to find out that they could get ice and made up two schedule proposals for Bundy to agree upon. So thats why the schedule is the way it is. Could work out for them have last 2 of 3 games at home now.

I was at both Rideau Division games yesterday both very entertaining to watch. Was very impressed with atmosphere in Brockville. In Gan i was surprised at how quiet Gan's top players were. Cota was shy all night.
I thought it was the four overages that went on the trip but it's only two ming and hincks

Old
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Flyers

Predictions

What are people's predictions in the metro-Valley?

Ojc/OW- OJC in 5
Gatineau/ Clarence - gat in 6

Perth/stitt - Perth in 5
Ren/prior - prior in 7

Flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Matrix20027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
What are people's predictions in the metro-Valley?

Ojc/OW- OJC in 5
Gatineau/ Clarence - gat in 6

Perth/stitt - Perth in 5
Ren/prior - prior in 7
OJC in 5

Gatineau in 6

Perth in 6

Arnprior in 6

Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
KL14

Arnprior/Renfrew

The GM of Renfrew did not have to say anything to the players...Renfrew sat 5 starting forwards and 2 starting D and played their back up goalie so if you talk about mailing it, they did and frankly, Renfrew would rather play Stittsville in the first round and let Arnprior take out Perth. I think you will find that the more knowledgeable hockey people will tell you that they want to avoid Renfrew....you better check the records of the teams in the Valley over the past ten games....who's hot and who's not ? In addition , if Stittsville was better organized they would not have used an ineligible player and would have had their dream first round match , as you suggest against Renfrew....maybe Stittsville throw it to avoid Renfrew...

Last edited by KL14: 02-18-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
SensHero

Quote:
The GM of Renfrew did not have to say anything to the players...Renfrew sat 5 starting forwards and 2 starting D and played their back up goalie so if you talk about mailing it, they did and frankly, Renfrew would rather play Stittsville in the first round and let Arnprior take out Perth. I think you will find that the more knowledgeable hockey people will tell you that they want to avoid Renfrew....you better check the records of the teams in the Valley over the past ten games....who's hot and who's not ? In addition , if Stittsville was better organized they would not have used an ineligible player and would have had their dream first round match , as you suggest against Renfrew....maybe Stittsville throw it to avoid Renfrew...
What game was it that Stittsville used the ineligible player and who was it?

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Matrix20027

The players from Clarence and Gatineau must be exausted they are still in overtime. I

Old
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
The players from Clarence and Gatineau must be exausted they are still in overtime. I
the game isnt updated on the site but clarence won in double ot

Old
02-19-2013, 10:43 PM
KL14

Stittsville- Arnprior/Renfrew

I understand that the ineligible player was used in the Shawville game last Saturday but I have no idea who it was.

Renfrew came from behind and beat a depleted Arnprior team 5-3 (last goal with an empty netter)....Lamonthe for Arnprior was outstanding facing more than 60 shots..Arnprior had two PP goals and a weak seeing-eye dog type goal....Renfrew goals came off of goal mouth scrambles...Arnprior ran out of gas as they basically only had two lines....if Arnprior can get some players back the series may be very different though Renfrew was not near at their best...3 games in 4 days....Arnprior must win at home on Wednesday as momentum can take over really quick when you play so many games in so few days.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:23 AM
SensHero

Quote:
I understand that the ineligible player was used in the Shawville game last Saturday but I have no idea who it was.

Not that it really changes anything in this case, but why isn't Shawville then awarded the win and 2 pts?

Hypothetically, lets say next year it comes down to the last game of the year and lets say Shawville is in 4th place with 40 pts and Stittsville is in 5th with 39pts. All Shawville will have to do is dress a couple really good ineligible players to help win the game. Sure they might lose the 2 pts later but it keeps Stittsville from winning and then noone is awarded the pts so Shawville would remain in 4th and make the playoffs.

Its just seems funny that if one team "cheats" then the other team should automatically we awarded the win and the 2 pts.

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:18 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensHero View Post
Not that it really changes anything in this case, but why isn't Shawville then awarded the win and 2 pts?

Hypothetically, lets say next year it comes down to the last game of the year and lets say Shawville is in 4th place with 40 pts and Stittsville is in 5th with 39pts. All Shawville will have to do is dress a couple really good ineligible players to help win the game. Sure they might lose the 2 pts later but it keeps Stittsville from winning and then noone is awarded the pts so Shawville would remain in 4th and make the playoffs.

Its just seems funny that if one team "cheats" then the other team should automatically we awarded the win and the 2 pts.
The league did update a forfited game check Nov.27 Gat vs OJC, Gat won 5-4, they used an ineligiable player they awarded OJC 1-0 win took away 2 pts from Gat and gave it to OJC, made a big difference in standing OJC ended up 1st.

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Bockwinkel

Huge upset in the Jungle last night with the young Brockville Tikis handing the heavily favoured Athens Aeros a 6-1 thrashing at home to take a 2-1 series lead. Is anyone out there who was in attendance for that shocker. Game 4 tonight in Brockville. Tikis continue on the road to an upset or do the Aeros bounce back.

Bockwinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
Huge upset in the Jungle last night with the young Brockville Tikis handing the heavily favoured Athens Aeros a 6-1 thrashing at home to take a 2-1 series lead. Is anyone out there who was in attendance for that shocker. Game 4 tonight in Brockville. Tikis continue on the road to an upset or do the Aeros bounce back.
I have been to all 3 games in the series and Brockville has been the better team in all 3 games and should be up 3-0. Last night the Aeros got completely dominated. Tikis have been very aggressive and physical all series and other than the Aeros pp not much has been going right for them. Aeros are an experienced team tho and cant be counted out just yet.

Big dilemma for me is which game to go to tonight Game 4 in Gan or Game 4 in Brockville.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote