HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
HawksFanForever

vCash: 500
The team Morrisburg is also for sale for a great price.So if you want to own a JR B club now is the time.

HawksFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
The team Morrisburg is also for sale for a great price.So if you want to own a JR B club now is the time.
How much?

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:06 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pp View Post
Haven't heard to who but hopefully it is to someone who knows enough to let the coaches coach and let the manager manage. This team for the past few years come out of the gate real strong and the owner starts to make changes by December sending the team into a spiral decline. Stittsville should be able to draw players in the way South and West do. Geographically it is located very close so that University and College kids should want to play there. The "price to play factor" is well known in the area and that turns many kids and families away from playing for Stittsville. Hopefully the new owner will keep it in perspective and put a decent product on the ice which might bring in more $ at the gate.
Not to mention tons of great hockey players come from Stittsville and Kanata. Especially Kanata. Not only do they get to protect players from the Blazers AA which is always a good program, they also get Ottawa Valley and Ottawa Senators AAA.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Not to mention tons of great hockey players come from Stittsville and Kanata. Especially Kanata. Not only do they get to protect players from the Blazers AA which is always a good program, they also get Ottawa Valley and Ottawa Senators AAA.
I don't think they can protect kids from Kanata, only those are part of Stittsville Minor Hockey. I believe Kanata kids can play anywhere. The same applies to Almonte, Perth, Arnprior and Renfrew. They can only protect kids from their own minor hockey associations whereas Carleton Place kids or Pembroke kids can play anywhere. But I may be wrong.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
KL14

Protecting Players

You are right, and I think it is even more strict in that IF a player from one association (where there is a JrB team located) wishes to go a play else where, they need to get a release. I am sure the protection list for Jr B teams is very large for local kids.

One thing I find about Jr B and Jr A in this area....it seems you cannot find written rules anywhere....if they are written, could someone please let the rest of know where they are.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:04 PM
KL14

Dirty Hits

I agree that something needs to be done to clean up the "jungle". Even border line calls need to be made and error on the side of caution. Keeping the players safe in the league is the most important element to ensure a high level of talent and on going success. I have seen far to many "boarding" calls this year when it should be called a hit from behind. I have seen very very few head shots called this year at the JB level. Hockey Canada went to great lengths to make changes and the EOJHL should adopt them. All the team owners should agree to this and instruct the league administration accordingly.

This is where a players association would be useful....not suggesting it is going to happen but someone needs to speak on their behalf. I think if you asked most players they would want the head shots and hits from behind called and the people governing the league should respond.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I don't think they can protect kids from Kanata, only those are part of Stittsville Minor Hockey. I believe Kanata kids can play anywhere. The same applies to Almonte, Perth, Arnprior and Renfrew. They can only protect kids from their own minor hockey associations whereas Carleton Place kids or Pembroke kids can play anywhere. But I may be wrong.
Kanata is Stittsville's property so they can protect Kanata kids. It's weird the way it works. You can only protect players once they are done minor hockey, so Stittsville can protect up to 12 Kanata/Stittsville players, whether they be from B or AA or AAA. However, if they're 16 or 17, they can play wherever they like.

If a Jr B team has a minor hockey organization, then once a player is finished minor hockey and not protected, they still are owned by the Jr B team if they played there minor hockey there.

Kanata doesn't have a Jr B team, so they're pretty much free to play wherever they want.

Most of the AAA Major Midget Senators this year, I'm assuming, will be protected by Stittsville.

I'm sure some of my details are wrong, but you get the point.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
HawksFanForever

I heard 35 Thousand

Old
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
Tough location to attract players to, only so much talent on the area andthere are teams in Brockville, Prescott, Winchester and CharLan. Any player coming from Ottawa has to drive by several other teams to get there......

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
hurricane11

Seems as though Stittsville develops young players then trades them to the Aeros. Majority of the team from Stittsville/Kanata area.

As for the headshots it seems as though anytime a player falls down as a result of a hit its called. I agree their needs to be some consistency on the calls.

No way anybody will pay $35k to buy the Morrisburg Lions unless they can move them. They will be worse off player wise this year then they were last year. Hope they find away to turn it around but its going to be a lot of work.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Kanata is Stittsville's property so they can protect Kanata kids. It's weird the way it works. You can only protect players once they are done minor hockey, so Stittsville can protect up to 12 Kanata/Stittsville players, whether they be from B or AA or AAA. However, if they're 16 or 17, they can play wherever they like.

If a Jr B team has a minor hockey organization, then once a player is finished minor hockey and not protected, they still are owned by the Jr B team if they played there minor hockey there.

Kanata doesn't have a Jr B team, so they're pretty much free to play wherever they want.

Most of the AAA Major Midget Senators this year, I'm assuming, will be protected by Stittsville.

I'm sure some of my details are wrong, but you get the point.
You close, Stittsville kids are Stittsville property even while in minor hockey. Once done minor hockey you can be protected if you live within a certain distance of the rink. I think it is either 20 or 30kms, team you are closest to that claims you gets you. Thus Kanata kids are free agents when 16 or 17 but can be protected at 18 if not already playing Jr b

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
HawksFanForever

Well I said Casselman would come out of this Division and I believe they will beat Athens in 6 and go on to play Ottawa in the finals.I have seen Ottawa play and they have a good team and also they have lot's of offense and are very well coached but as you guys said do not count renfrew out just yet.I do not see Athens beating Casselman as they just have too much fire power and experience on the team this year.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
HawksFanForever

Good players do not want to go there anymore and the fan support is not there right now.Allot of people do not understand how much money it takes to run a JR B organization these days.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:35 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
You are right, and I think it is even more strict in that IF a player from one association (where there is a JrB team located) wishes to go a play else where, they need to get a release. I am sure the protection list for Jr B teams is very large for local kids.

One thing I find about Jr B and Jr A in this area....it seems you cannot find written rules anywhere....if they are written, could someone please let the rest of know where they are.
As I understand, teams can protect 16 and 17 yr olds (undrafted JR B) within certain geographical boundaries

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
As I understand, teams can protect 16 and 17 yr olds (undrafted JR B) within certain geographical boundaries
16, 17 year old players are automatically protected IF they play in your Jr. teams minor hockey system. However if those players play in Kanata, Nepean, Carleton Place etc., they are free agents and can go anywhere they choose.
Once they are graduating midgets the Jr.B Teams can protect players in a 33km radius of their home rink, therefore Stittsville can protect Kanata kids, Ottawa West can protect Nepean kids etc. If they do not get protected as graduating midgets then they become FA's again and can go wherever they want.
Some teams have geographical areas that cross over so you may see teams like Casselman and Metcalfe protect the same player. It then comes down to whose home rink does this player live closest to.
Each team can protect 12 graduating players I believe.
Hope this helps.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:20 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Ottawa Canadians beat Renfrew 6-4 in Game 1 of the Valley/Metro Championship. Taylor Collins with 2 goals and an assist to raise his EOJHL playoff scoring lead to 22 pts in 11 games. Game 2 is Monday night in Renfrew at 8pm.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Oldschool

Renfrew's answer to OJC 7 & 24 are sitting in the stands injured 77 & 88. It is to bad for the fans because it would have made for a great series. The only upside for Renfrew was they scored 4 times on 6 scoring chances and one OJC player yelling to the renfrew fans 4 straight. Other than that Without a doubt Renfrew is in over their heads without 77 & 88.

Oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:29 PM
HawksFanForever

Went to the Casselman game against Athens and Casselman just has too much fire power for Athens.The game was done by Bowden and he did a great job.The first period was fast but once Casselman went ahead 3-0 Athens took allot of foolish penalties which hurt them as Casselman scored on two of them.If Casselman wins at Athens on Tuesday then this series is over.Big crowd there also

Old
03-18-2013, 11:27 PM
KL14

Ottawa-Renfrew

I am afraid Renfrew has no answer for Ottawa's 24 and 7 and the rest of the OJC for that matter. Even if 77 and 88 were to reappear for hibernation, OJC just has too much fire power for Renfrew's D, who struggled moving the puck forward all night...even the Renfrew wingers could not find an inch of open ice to allow for the puck to be moved to them. Ottawa just totally outplayed and outclassed Renfrew. Difference, OJC,s top guns show up...Renfrew's....?????

Old
03-18-2013, 11:54 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I am afraid Renfrew has no answer for Ottawa's 24 and 7 and the rest of the OJC for that matter. Even if 77 and 88 were to reappear for hibernation, OJC just has too much fire power for Renfrew's D, who struggled moving the puck forward all night...even the Renfrew wingers could not find an inch of open ice to allow for the puck to be moved to them. Ottawa just totally outplayed and outclassed Renfrew. Difference, OJC,s top guns show up...Renfrew's....?????
And guess who showed up tonite...OJC, total dominiation. Shots were 41-20 for OJC, 7 nothing final. Renfrew had scoring chances, a number of power plays but could'nt get anything by Couvrette. At the other end Gagne was stopping what the could but the play was often in the Renfrew end. 28 for Renfrew was running around trying to cause crap and that guy is the type of player that is going to hurt someone. He should not be at this level of hockey, actually he should not be at any level of hockey. A total goon, the Renfrew Timberwolves should be ashamed of having a player like that on the ice. Don't believe me, come and watch for yourselves.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:05 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
Renfrew's answer to OJC 7 & 24 are sitting in the stands injured 77 & 88. It is to bad for the fans because it would have made for a great series. The only upside for Renfrew was they scored 4 times on 6 scoring chances and one OJC player yelling to the renfrew fans 4 straight. Other than that Without a doubt Renfrew is in over their heads without 77 & 88.
So 77 and 88 dont show up....where are they ? And did you happen to notice where 7 and 24 and 14 ended up in the scoring stats for the season......and oh yeh, the goalie for OJC finished as the top goalie in the league, second year in a row....with two different teams......you mite need 99 and 66 to help you out...excuses are for Leaf fans.....

Old
03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
And guess who showed up tonite...OJC, total dominiation. Shots were 41-20 for OJC, 7 nothing final. Renfrew had scoring chances, a number of power plays but could'nt get anything by Couvrette. At the other end Gagne was stopping what the could but the play was often in the Renfrew end. 28 for Renfrew was running around trying to cause crap and that guy is the type of player that is going to hurt someone. He should not be at this level of hockey, actually he should not be at any level of hockey. A total goon, the Renfrew Timberwolves should be ashamed of having a player like that on the ice. Don't believe me, come and watch for yourselves.
Yup I think it will be a clean sweep. Renfrew will be losing a couple good young players next year with Farr and McGrath's rights heading back to Arnprior. Also with Eady, Anderson, and Mask in their final year, this was the year Renfrew was going to go for it, it's too bad they didn't prepare better. I guess its hard with #28 Leclaire taking ice time away from someone who can actually play hockey.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars0987 View Post
Yup I think it will be a clean sweep. Renfrew will be losing a couple good young players next year with Farr and McGrath's rights heading back to Arnprior. Also with Eady, Anderson, and Mask in their final year, this was the year Renfrew was going to go for it, it's too bad they didn't prepare better. I guess its hard with #28 Leclaire taking ice time away from someone who can actually play hockey.
I am an OJC fan and can't believe that 28 is even on the team. What are the coaches thinking ? This guy is a total goon and isn't even close to keeping up with anyone on either team. A complete goon and yes, you're right, taking ice time from guys that could contribute a lot more than this clown.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:29 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
I am an OJC fan and can't believe that 28 is even on the team. What are the coaches thinking ? This guy is a total goon and isn't even close to keeping up with anyone on either team. A complete goon and yes, you're right, taking ice time from guys that could contribute a lot more than this clown.
Ya, he took runs at our Arnprior players all year, he's not a hockey player, guy can't even skate....pretty sad.....must have someone in his family payin a pretty penny for him to play on the team.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Chris Phifer
Hockey's Future Staff

I'm actually from Morrisburg. Our Jr. B team is currently for sale. I think the current ownership group would like to keep the team in town if they can but that's easier said than done. I would imagine there are a few local businessmen who would be interested in getting involved with the team but it would really depend on the price and how long they think it would take to get some money coming in. There is support for the team, but the team has really struggled the last few years and not only that, there are next to no local players on the team. The team had a successful run a few years back and there was a good mix of local and out of town players and they drew a good number of fans. But realistically, if all you can get is an offer to move the team somewhere then that might be the owners' best option.

Chris Phifer is offline   Reply With Quote