HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
10-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Matrix20027

vCash: 500
In the first fight the player knocked the goalies helmet off and before the second fight the player ran the goalie then crosscheck the goalie in the neck. When your father drives 2 hours to a game I dont think you want to fight

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:43 AM
longballer

the goalie is given 3 games because he swung with his blocker which is an automatic match penalty because its considered very dangerous, unfortunately his right hand is his dominate hand and its instinct to swing.. since hes the starting goalie he probably expected his teammates to stand up for him which it looks like they did

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Roofus

The real question in all of this is , where is the EOJHL ???
A EOJHL team posting videos of their fights ,congratulating there players efforts in these fights and stating how proud they are of them.
This a clear social media no no and a major suspension/Fine against any guilty team should be handed down by the EOJHL.
The EOJHL already has a terrible nickname (The Jungle) and now videos posted by a EOJHL team on YouTube of a line brawl and a goalie being attacked, not the way the EOJHL should be allowing its self to be promoted!!
All the talented young players through out EOJHL and what do the outsiders get to hear and see about our league is a Teams goon tactics promotional video!!!
Time to step up EOJHL ,President and Comissioner ; let's stop this nonsense Now !!!

Roofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Matrix20027

Two years ago Char Lan and Akwesasne had a game and a fan video taped a fight. It was brought up at a meeting and Winchester complained about the use of video.

The EOJHL will do nothing I dont think they even know how to operate a computer. This is another black eye to the EOJHL and until they step up it will still be the Jungle. Good hockey to watch this is what we don't need.

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Hockeyfan6713

I dont think we should generalize what we are seeing with this video. If Winchester wants to be like that, its their problem. But the rest of the league offers great hockey. Junior B has a good reputation and is a skilled, high pace league. Fights like that dont often happen.

Note that Morrisburg has a reputation of ''trash talking'' and whining after the whistles too. Every game ive seen, they do it. And useless fights happen. And to prove that we shouldnt generalize, i think its safe to say that they are the only team in the division like that. They are not bad on paper, yet they lose games because of what? exactly...

To have success in the league, players have to be happy on their team. And if theyre not, there is no chemistry and no success. In most arenas, the EOJHL offers a great show during this NHL lockout in my opinion

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:52 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post
Note that Morrisburg has a reputation of ''trash talking'' and whining after the whistles too. Every game ive seen, they do it. And useless fights happen. And to prove that we shouldnt generalize, i think its safe to say that they are the only team in the division like that. They are not bad on paper, yet they lose games because of what? exactly...
As an avid fan of this division and league, I read this and all i can do is laugh.. Seems like you have something against morrisburg, if you were at that game you would know that winchester scored their 5th goal while the net was dislodged and their 7th was a clear high stick, sometimes breaks dont go your way but i think they have an excuse to "whine" and just because a player discusses something with a ref doesnt mean he is "whining" ... last time i checked, trash talking is part of hockey, it happens at all levels and can be a useful tactic to get under your opponents skin, but cross checking a goalies face on the other hand isnt very intelligent.. only team in the division like that? so your telling me casselman, winchester, alexandria, akwesasne and charlan dont whine or trash talk? thats hard to believe... they lose games because they have 3-4 injuries and it has hurt their lineup, they started the year strong and have since faced adversity, it happens to all teams during the course of a season

Old
10-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Roofus

Quote:
I dont think we should generalize what we are seeing with this video. If Winchester wants to be like that, its their problem. But the rest of the league offers great hockey. Junior B has a good reputation and is a skilled, high pace league. Fights like that dont often happen.

To have success in the league, players have to be happy on their team. And if theyre not, there is no chemistry and no success. In most arenas, the EOJHL offers a great show during this NHL lockout in my opinion
Couldn't agree with you more, but there is no place in our league for a EOJHL team to upload fights to YouTube and promote there team actions. ( This fighting video is a bias team promotional tool) Focus on the fast pace talented hockey being played in this league. It's taken a long time to clean up the Jr B image, as a goon league to what it is today.
I just hope the EOJHL stops this quickly, because video use is clearly not allowed according to the constitution. This is a first time incident this year I believe , so lets stop in its tracks. Rough stuff will occur in a hockey from time to time, all I'm saying is lets not promote it afterwards. Moving on !!!!

Roofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Hockeyfan6713

Longballer. Im not saying the other teams dont trash talk. But Mburg does it the most. And they definitely get alot of useless penalties for misbehaving and stuff like that. They lost players this month that didnt wanna play anymore. Like i said, they are good on paper, but they need to get everything together

Are you a player, a parent, a fan?(just curious)

And speedy, thx for agreeing with me. There is a lot of talent in this league, and that Winchester video actually looks bad compared to other videos ive seen of the EOJHL online. By the way, the constitution says what? That no fighting videos should be promoted? Or that no videos at all should be promoted? Im guessing its the 1st one...

Old
10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
longballer

[QUOTE=Hockeyfan6713;55265255]Longballer. Im not saying the other teams dont trash talk. But Mburg does it the most. And they definitely get alot of useless penalties for misbehaving and stuff like that. They lost players this month that didnt wanna play anymore. Like i said, they are good on paper, but they need to get everything together

Are you a player, a parent, a fan?(just curious)QUOTE]

I find it pretty difficult to say one team does it the most and be so sure about it. From my prespective winchester would be a team that sticks out but thats part of the game and the lions have lost 7 in a row so it could be frustration also. either way trash talking really isnt a big deal, cross checking a goalie in the face and then promoting it is. Sure the lions have the two league leaders in pims but you need players to take care of business. This wasnt the first time a morrisburg goalie was involved in something like this, early this month the backup beat up two players from charlan because they repeatedly ran and slashed him without any calls to charlan but penalties to the lions for defending him, he eventually got fed up... From my understanding they have lost two players, one because the coach was too hard on him for not sticking up for his goaltender in what i mentioned above and another becuase he didnt think he deserved to be on the third and forth line.. im a ex player who has played with and good friends with players on most of the teams in the Rideau-St.Lawrence conference

Old
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
hurricane11

Two upsets last night in the Rideau Division. Standings are really tight in all divisions looks like its going to be a great season

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Your right, its very tight between teams. Will be such an exciting season. Lower teams keep beating better teams and vice versa, standings mean nothing.

The other day i saw Gananoque @ Akwesasne, and The wolves were often in the box, Gananoque got a lead, but the Wolves were all over Gananoque especially in the 3rd. Chances after chances.

Very exciting game. I believe #4, #5 and #10 were dominant for the wolves and #14 for Gananoque.

I also saw Char lan @ Athens. pretty good game.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
hurricane11

ya its crazy to see Brockville have one win last year and they now have 6 and 4 pts out of first. Gananoque wins 9 in a row then lose to the last place team in the division. Good to see that anybody can win this season.

Morrisburgh- Winchester situation all teams trash talk some more than others its apart of the game. Showing the fights on you tube shouldn't be that big of a deal if that's the way the Hawks want to promote their team then so be it. In the last fight the Hawk player got the **** kicked out of him.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
ya its crazy to see Brockville have one win last year and they now have 6 and 4 pts out of first. Gananoque wins 9 in a row then lose to the last place team in the division. Good to see that anybody can win this season.

Morrisburgh- Winchester situation all teams trash talk some more than others its apart of the game. Showing the fights on you tube shouldn't be that big of a deal if that's the way the Hawks want to promote their team then so be it. In the last fight the Hawk player got the **** kicked out of him.
I believe for the good of the league that is not the way to promote your team and or league.
The EOJHL is constantly fighting the perception that the league is still "the jungle".
For the most part fighting in the last 10 years has gone down and the quality of play and the talent level of the league has gone up.
I am not saying fights and dirty incidents do not happen every so often, but that type of stuff happens at one time or another in every league.
I am quite certain the league does not like this kind of "promotion" and if there is not one already a social media policy will be in place at some point.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:17 AM
KL14

OTW Renfrew

Took in the OTW/Renfrew game last night...very good game for Renfrew scoring very late in the first (1.8 seconds) and very late in the second (7 seconds) but then blew a 5-3 lead only to win in OT on a short handed goal off a great effort from Drew Anderson.

Couple things of note, the Metro Division is the class of the EOJHL....every team in the Division has an above 500 record. OTW appears to be a very disciplined team but were oddly playing a trap during most of the game which had little affect on Renfrew moving the puck up the ice. I was also surprised from what was a very good crowd. I had not idea that the Ottawa teams had such a good fan base. There had to be between 200 to 250 people at the game...love the TVs in the Barbara Ann Scott Arena..was able to watch hockey and the world series.

Renfrew's top line did all the damage last night scoring 5 of 6 goals. The Valley Division is going to be interesting. Any team can win on any night...this weekend play is going to produce some standing changes that I am sure all this will change the weekend after that.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Rangersfan21

Predictions for tonight

Arnprior over gatineau
Ottawa easily over almonte
Athens over alexandria
Westport in a close one over winchester
Metcalfe in a close one over perth (im just waiting for perth to turn it around)

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM
KL14

Predications for tonight

Gatineau trounced Arnprior 9-1...it was ugly for the Packers...missing two key forwards, but no excuses...Gatineau is just a good team.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:50 PM
PG

Looks like it got way out of control in Gatineau,,,,sure to be some suspensions

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:06 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Arnprior over gatineau
Ottawa easily over almonte
Athens over alexandria
Westport in a close one over winchester
Metcalfe in a close one over perth (im just waiting for perth to turn it around)
Good call in Metcalfe....7-6 shootout for the Jets.....some ugly goals at both ends

Old
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Anyone watched EOJHL games today (saturday) or sunday? Which teams?

Old
10-27-2012, 08:23 PM
PG

Quote:
Anyone watched EOJHL games today (saturday) or sunday? Which teams?
will take in Ottawa vs Metcalfe Sunday

Old
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM
KL14

Watched the Renfrew/Almonte game.....Renfrew pulls out the OT win after blowing a late lead....Anderson had three including the OT winner.....will watch Renfrew and Clarence Creek tomorrow and Arnprior/OTW tomorrow night

Old
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
will take in Ottawa vs Metcalfe Sunday
Was at the game today, Metcalfe got out early 2-0 but could'nt hang on. South missing a few key players. Good game, OT then a 5 player shoot-out. Collins missed part of the game but was a spark when he got in there. Now that South has goaltending they should be in most games, it was a bit of a problem area to start the season.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
KL14

Renfrew wins again

Renfrew pulled out the 7-4 (last once was an empty netter) win over Clarence Creek today. CC looked flat at the start then I heard that they had not been on the ice for a week. Renfrew rolled the lines today as it was their third game in four days and all on the road. Good game...got a little chippy at the end. CC's starting goalie was pulled after the first 4 goals...left the ice at that point, got undressed and then left the rink...tough to play in the jungle without a back up...Renfrew goes 2-0 against Metro teams this week and now the Valley Division is really tight...

Old
10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
Was at the game today, Metcalfe got out early 2-0 but could'nt hang on. South missing a few key players. Good game, OT then a 5 player shoot-out. Collins missed part of the game but was a spark when he got in there. Now that South has goaltending they should be in most games, it was a bit of a problem area to start the season.
Great game to watch - lots of good opportunties as both goalies played well with 29 shots a piece.....very uneven officiating - players could not sort out what was going to be called........Metro should be a tight division all season

Old
10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Great game to watch - lots of good opportunties as both goalies played well with 29 shots a piece.....very uneven officiating - players could not sort out what was going to be called........Metro should be a tight division all season
Agreed, the officiating was ugly....heard the Ottawa GM was not happy, had the same ref now for two in a row and very very ugly...players didnt know what was what, South had 6 or 7 penalties in a row. We"re a third of the way through the season and its gonna be an exciting run from here on in...

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote