HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getting the Marlies Ready for the Lockout

Old
09-15-2012, 07:56 AM
TieClark

vCash: 500
Could we maybe see Reimer/Scrivens tandem down in the A in the event of a lockout? Reimer is younger than Scrivens so why exactly wouldn't he be sent down if Scrivens is?

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:09 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I don't think Frattin is eligible anymore without going through waivers.
Capgeek says he has 3 NHL games of waiver eligibility left.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Somehow I am trying to envision a scenario of Dallas Eakins being promoted to the Head Coach's job after this season with the Marlies. He has really grown on me, and after reading Damien Cox's story on him in this spring's Calder Cup run. You want to root for him even more. Don't think he will be in the AHL for much longer, will be sad if it is with another team. The man is a damn good coach, and person.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I don't think Frattin is eligible anymore without going through waivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Capgeek says he has 3 NHL games of waiver eligibility left.
Frattin and Holzer signed 1-way deals and so its uncertain if they will be allowed to join the Marlies and what the waiver implications are at this time.

The AHL made a special provision rule (already posted in thread) of exceptions, but that is for players on 2-way deals.

We should find out today as this is the cutoff before the lockout to send players to the AHL for this season, falling under the special rule.

09-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Though it is great how close the Marlies got to the Calder Cup last year, it would be prudent for them to remember the AHL is a developmental league, Ross, Mckegg, Blacker, and Devane could be keys to the Leafs future. They need ice time along with Kadri, Colborne, Deschamps, and Ashton.

I really think Ashton is going to be a solid 3rd liner, and he's close. A 10-15 goal big, 2 way checking mucker that will be useful in the new Burke/Carlyle era.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Though it is great how close the Marlies got to the Calder Cup last year, it would be prudent for them to remember the AHL is a developmental league, Ross, Mckegg, Blacker, and Devane could be keys to the Leafs future. They need ice time along with Kadri, Colborne, Deschamps, and Ashton.

I really think Ashton is going to be a solid 3rd liner, and he's close. A 10-15 goal big, 2 way checking mucker that will be useful in the new Burke/Carlyle era.
The younger Marlies might see ECHL time at first to guarantee icetime.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:56 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The younger Marlies might see ECHL time at first to guarantee icetime.

acton will probably be sent to echl,

ross, makegg, devane are guaranteed to be in ahl,

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
acton will probably be sent to echl,

ross, mckegg, devane are guaranteed to be in ahl,
Leafs might actually hold on to vet Keith Aucion as opposed to waiving and sending him to the AHL.

This would allow more playing time for younger prospects as he would be the main offensive cog if demoted.

If the Leafs send goalies Scrivens, Owuya & Rynnas to the AHL then one would think either Owuya or Jussi are ECHL bound.

There will also be others joining them, simply due to number of bodies on the Marlies roster and only so much playing time (barring injuries).

Old
09-15-2012, 12:49 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Devils assign:

Calder finalist Adam Henrique, Adam Larsson, Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.

AHL is going to be an interesting league until the NHL is playing.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:55 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Somehow I am trying to envision a scenario of Dallas Eakins being promoted to the Head Coach's job after this season with the Marlies. He has really grown on me, and after reading Damien Cox's story on him in this spring's Calder Cup run. You want to root for him even more. Don't think he will be in the AHL for much longer, will be sad if it is with another team. The man is a damn good coach, and person.
Unless Randy Carlyle quits which I can't see happening or even getting fired, I can't see Dallas Eakins coaching the Leafs.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:57 PM
showtime8

The part that shocks me the most is when Burke signed Holzer to a contract it was a 1 way deal. So if Holzer wanted to play for the Marlies, he would have to clear waivers and it wouldn't happen. Very questionable especially with the lockout potential when he was signed.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 02:54 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The part that shocks me the most is when Burke signed Holzer to a contract it was a 1 way deal. So if Holzer wanted to play for the Marlies, he would have to clear waivers and it wouldn't happen. Very questionable especially with the lockout potential when he was signed.
Holzer has no more to learn from the AHL, there is always Europe if he wants to play.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 02:59 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Holzer has no more to learn from the AHL, there is always Europe if he wants to play.
The day Luke Schenn got traded the case made that gives Holzer a great chance to make the Leafs roster full time.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Devils assign:

Calder finalist Adam Henrique, Adam Larsson, Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.

AHL is going to be an interesting league until the NHL is playing.
The Edmonton Oilers are sending some of their best young players to the American Hockey League so they can keep playing during the NHL lockout. The team assigned Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi, and Justin Schultz to the Oklahoma City Barons on Saturday.

Oilers top NHL line will be strutting their stuff in the AHL during the lockout. All we're missing from the AHL playoffs last season when the Marlies faced them.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:03 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
The Edmonton Oilers are sending some of their best young players to the American Hockey League so they can keep playing during the NHL lockout. The team assigned Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi, and Justin Schultz to the Oklahoma City Barons on Saturday.
So a near PPG player (.97) in the NHL lands in the AHL.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
So a near PPG player (.97) in the NHL lands in the AHL.
Oilers sending Eberle to the AHL is the near equivalent of Leafs sending Kessel statistically.

I think they're the team to beat in the AHL this year, at least until the lockout ends and then all their top players are promoted the big team.

The benefit the Oilers will have is all their key young players will be in game shape and hit the ground running when the NHL resumes, whereas other teams will have many of their players sitting around collecting dust during the work stoppage. Its the benefits of having a young NHL team where NHL waivers is not a concern.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:27 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Are the Leafs going to come out with an official list of who is going to the Marlies and who is going to their Junior teams? I don't think I have seen one from them the way other teams are making the same announcements.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
mooseOAK*

It's important that we are very clear on how great the Oklahoma Whatevertheyarecalled's will be with a lockout. Hopefully this thread about the Marlies will contain a lot of that discussion.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post
Do you think that there will be more televised Marlies games during the lockout?
We were talking about this on the oilers board, apparently RSN is gunna fill some time slots with Canadian farm team games this year.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Censored23

Since the Leafs no longer have an ECHL affiliate, where would they be able to send players that wont be with the Marlies?

Censored23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:08 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

ducks have assigned hampus lindholm [2012 first rounder] to the AHL. Interesting I thought they had an age restriction, could we see reilly in marlies or maybe even percy? I doubt it though, well if lindholm can go than reilly should be able to also, unless lindholm is 20

personally I want them both in junior so maybe they can both make team canada

Last edited by mikebel111: 09-15-2012 at 05:14 PM.
mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 3259
Quote:
Oilers sending Eberle to the AHL is the near equivalent of Leafs sending Kessel statistically.

I think they're the team to beat in the AHL this year, at least until the lockout ends and then all their top players are promoted the big team.

The benefit the Oilers will have is all their key young players will be in game shape and hit the ground running when the NHL resumes, whereas other teams will have many of their players sitting around collecting dust during the work stoppage. Its the benefits of having a young NHL team where NHL waivers is not a concern.
Could backfire badly on them too. Could ruin confidence for a few years if they get beat up on in the AHL. They are probably going down thinking they are all that, and why not, they have competed well at the NHL level. But if they don't do well in the AHL it could be a step backwards in their development.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:01 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
ducks have assigned hampus lindholm [2012 first rounder] to the AHL. Interesting I thought they had an age restriction, could we see reilly in marlies or maybe even percy? I doubt it though, well if lindholm can go than reilly should be able to also, unless lindholm is 20

personally I want them both in junior so maybe they can both make team canada
Where was he drafted from? The restrictions are CHL related.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Where was he drafted from? The restrictions are CHL related.
Lindholm is Swedish, so he can definitely play in the A

Ill put it simply. If you are NOT drafted out of the CHL, you can play in the AHL. Biggs could play in the A

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:41 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

nvm.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote