vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
3-2 win. Right on boys.

10-14-2012, 04:27 PM
blues10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Dex to get his first start as an IceCap!!
per @IceCapsAHL

Holden and my fears seem to be coming true with Gagnon
I don't disagree with the assesment that he could/should/possibly be out of the lineup.

However, he is Chevy and Zingers guy and he will play. Perhaps he will eventually play himself out of the lineup but until then he'll be in. IF he is out it will only be for a game. Antro never made it to a healthy scratch and I doubt Gagnon will. It is a little different with the AHL veteran rule.

If they are looking to loan him out somewhere, they need to show what he has.

I actually see him as a regular in the rafters of MTSC in Winnipeg if the season ever starts. His contract would indicate that.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:41 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Pretty strong line too!
Man Burmistov's possession game has improved since last season!
I thought his puck possession was stellar last year, but sometimes he just tried to do too much with the biscuit.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I thought his puck possession was stellar last year, but sometimes he just tried to do too much with the biscuit.
Oh nothing against before... Just thought even better.
The Telegin-Burmistrov-Klingberg line (dare I say immigrant line ) was pretty impressive!

Old
10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh nothing against before... Just thought even better.
The Telegin-Burmistrov-Klingberg line (dare I say immigrant line ) was pretty impressive!
At times during the game they were the only line to get any pressure in the offensive zone, I really liked them together.

I'll have full highlights up in about 10-15 minutes.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Old
10-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

^^Thanks for posting these highlights!

Great to see the IceCaps get their first win!

Old
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Pretty strong line too!
Man Burmistov's possession game has improved since last season!
Man imagine how good Burmi would look in the ECHL!

Old
10-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Boreal

I watched most of the game today. Burmistrov was not only a willing passer, but often made the 'easy' pass, as opposed to trying to turn water into wine - which I believed he was guilty of last year. He was impressive. Lets not forget also, that almost all teams in the A this year have their rosters stacked due to the lockout, so its not like Burmistrov is doing it all against traditional AHL talent.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
I don't know about stellar. He has to be a threat to do something smart with the puck more consistently. When the opposition has to worry about him doing more than turning it over on the half boards in the offensive zone, it will open up more room for him to be creative with the puck.

10-14-2012, 11:21 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Man imagine how good Burmi would look in the ECHL!
Should have played out his last 2 years of junior. Had TNSE grabbed the Thrashers any earlier he would have played last year in the OHL or AHL wherever he was eligible to play. It will be good for him to spend an entire season down in the A even when the NHL starts again. He needs to develop his game and gain confidence.

Stunted development with the Thrashers and Donny W.

The Red Wings develop their youngsters. I hope we do the same. Jiri Fisher, was he the last 18 year old, 13 years ago?

Old
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
trouty

The home opening roster will look complete different with Postma,Ramsey,Swada O Dell Whitmore Albert,Jaffrey and poss Sutherby,most are close to ready,and are here in St.John's,im not sure who will come out,but at least 2 d will be sitting

Old
10-14-2012, 11:42 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Should have played out his last 2 years of junior. Had TNSE grabbed the Thrashers any earlier he would have played last year in the OHL or AHL wherever he was eligible to play. It will be good for him to spend an entire season down in the A even when the NHL starts again. He needs to develop his game and gain confidence.

Stunted development with the Thrashers and Donny W.

The Red Wings develop their youngsters. I hope we do the same. Jiri Fisher, was he the last 18 year old, 13 years ago?
Yes it's a virtuous cycle.....take your time to develop slowly (Scheif on the 2 + 1 program) and by the time they arrive they are fully baked and, like Adam Henrique, they are ready to play top 6 minutes as rookies which leads to a better parent club that has no room for raw prospects. it's also a great value play for cap Managment. By the time they start their NHL career they are hopefully producing at a higher level while starting on the ELC.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:52 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
The home opening roster will look complete different with Postma,Ramsey,Swada O Dell Whitmore Albert,Jaffrey and poss Sutherby,most are close to ready,and are here in St.John's,im not sure who will come out,but at least 2 d will be sitting
I'm looking forward to hearing the energy of the home opener. Mile One had better pick up the slack that the MTS Centre is leaving.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:13 AM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yes it's a virtuous cycle.....take your time to develop slowly (Scheif on the 2 + 1 program) and by the time they arrive they are fully baked and, like Adam Henrique, they are ready to play top 6 minutes as rookies which leads to a better parent club that has no room for raw prospects. it's also a great value play for cap Managment. By the time they start their NHL career they are hopefully producing at a higher level while starting on the ELC.
Great point. Bringing them in as 18 year olds really burns up the ELC unless they are exceptionally talented players with major contributions to the big club in the 1st year.

I really look forward to TNSE's player development plan. I believe we will be onee of the best in the league having run an AHL team and now running both teams. Yes, DW is leasing the team but it is TNSE all the way.

It is no fluke that we are drafting goalies who are set to play 4 years of US college hockey. This is a nice way to develop a goalie for free until about age 21, 22 or older. It can sometimes work out to more than 2 years of extra development opposed to drafting a goalie from the CHL.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Ola

Rangerfan who saw the game. Burmistov made HFD look like fools. He showed great playmaking ability. He will be a serious health threat to the health of the "shoot-the-puck"-fans but he definitely seem like a future 70+ pts player in the NHL. He is so smooth at handling the puck, making sure he gets time with it, and finding people. Not many players can do that at that level...

Old
10-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Congrats to Alex Burnostrov!
Klingborg barg burgh birg ehh I know its berg

I loved to play-by-play guy. I was like half-motivated to watch the game, but he was basically worth the time alone...

Old
10-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Canadienjet

Brian Rogers is hilarious.Guy has a saying for every goal:

Eric O'dell - " How swell it's Eric O'Dell"

Jason King - " The king of kings"

Aaron Gagnon - " The Man they call Gags"

Paul Postma - " The postman delievers "

Kevin Clark - " The little speed merchant"

Old
10-15-2012, 10:35 AM
devin1487

Watched yesterday afternoon's game and Burmi was pretty noticeable. I joined the game about mid second and Burmi must have stolen the puck at least 5 times on the back check. Still dicks around with the puck on the boards too much though but this could be a perfect storm

Old
10-15-2012, 12:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

http://jetsnation.ca/2012/10/12/what...lex-burmistrov

Neato write up on Burmistov by the Jets Nation website.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:15 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
http://jetsnation.ca/2012/10/12/what...lex-burmistrov

Neato write up on Burmistov by the Jets Nation website.
very good read thx garret

A couple of interesting stats...........Burmi drew the 2nd most penalties per 60 minutes on the team (behind Kane) and also he took his shots further from the net than anyone else on the team.

I really don't think Alex plays with fear when I watch him and he doesn't seem to mind the rough stuff, but I do think he plays a bit too much on the perimeter out of habit perhaps? I think once he figures out how to do the simple give and go's, play without the puck in the O zone, and increase his shots on goal in the dirty areas his scoring stats will take off. I know it is easy to get disappointed with Alex when he over handles the puck on the half wall and gets stripped but for my money when Burmi is "on his game" and bringing the best version of himself he seems like the most talented person we have. When it clicks he is absolutely electric and can bring you out of your seat like no other. He plays a very visually appealing brand of hockey.

I was a bit down on Alex (frustrated) at the end of the season but that vanished the moment he committed to St John's for pennies on the dollar that he could have made in the KHL. One day I will look back and say that was the moment I pushed all my emotional chips to the centre of the table and said to myself, “I am all in on Burmi”!

Old
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
JetsHomer

Agreeing with ps that burmi playing in the Ahl after 150 NHL games made me a fan. I wouldn't have blamed him for going to the KHL for a ton of cash. He's only 20 and hasn't made a huge ton kf cash yet. Playing for 67k when you couple make so much more, in order to show commitment to your team, is awesome to me. I'd be the most upset if we tra Delaney bogo, but I'd be mad if we trade burmi. I wanna see what we have in the kid

Old
10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
puck stoppa

And lets not forget how great Burmi looked the first 12 games of last season (10 pts). We saw a short spurt of his potential and as he matures his consistency will improve. He carried the team when Wheeler and Kane were MIA to start the year, but he also got more minutes (I think) at the start compared to later on when he got Noel's bad side.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
And lets not forget how great Burmi looked the first 12 games of last season (10 pts). We saw a short spurt of his potential and as he matures his consistency will improve. He carried the team when Wheeler and Kane were MIA to start the year, but he also got more minutes (I think) at the start compared to later on when he got Noel's bad side.
Here's the splits for his time on ice:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelo...lex-burmistrov

Old
10-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
very good read thx garret

A couple of interesting stats...........Burmi drew the 2nd most penalties per 60 minutes on the team (behind Kane) and also he took his shots further from the net than anyone else on the team.

I really don't think Alex plays with fear when I watch him and he doesn't seem to mind the rough stuff, but I do think he plays a bit too much on the perimeter out of habit perhaps? I think once he figures out how to do the simple give and go's, play without the puck in the O zone, and increase his shots on goal in the dirty areas his scoring stats will take off. I know it is easy to get disappointed with Alex when he over handles the puck on the half wall and gets stripped but for my money when Burmi is "on his game" and bringing the best version of himself he seems like the most talented person we have. When it clicks he is absolutely electric and can bring you out of your seat like no other. He plays a very visually appealing brand of hockey.

I was a bit down on Alex (frustrated) at the end of the season but that vanished the moment he committed to St John's for pennies on the dollar that he could have made in the KHL. One day I will look back and say that was the moment I pushed all my emotional chips to the centre of the table and said to myself, “I am all in on Burmi”!
I also think you need to seperate where he is on the ice when he has the puck form where he is on the ice when he doesn't have it.

Burmistrov obviously seek up open ice when he gets the puck and sets up a shop basically. Something he is awesome at. His understanding of the game and puck controll is definitely excellent. My point is just that what some might interpret as playing on the perimeter with the puck probably is his strength. I don't think players in the present or past like Pat Kane, Marc Savard, Adam Oates and co would have benefitted from going into croweded areas more with the puck. You can of course talk about situations when you drive to the net with the puck which undoubtedly is to prefer in some odd-man situations and what not, but they are pretty rare in the ned...

Without the puck, I am sure Burmistrov could be more involved. And I am sure its something he needs to work on and improve. But the kid is still pretty young. I remember how Malmö Red Hawks in Sweden, at the time a very troubled team, turned down a young Pavel Datsyuk because they were horrified by his defense and play away from the puck...

Closed Thread