HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks players practicing wearing their jerseys inside out

Old
09-19-2012, 07:52 PM
4th line energy guy

vCash: 500
Canucks players practicing wearing their jerseys inside out

I'm sure most of you saw this on tsn or whatnot, Sedins, Bieksa, Luongo and many more practicing together with their team jersey turned inside out.

Does anybody else find this a tad insulting? I mean, I know the owners are who their beef is with and I get that. But to me, the logo and name of the team does not represent "Aquillini" (sp?) It represents the fans, the city, the players, and somewhere on that list the owners as well. It just rubs me as a slap in the face to us the fans and even to their fellow players for what they've played for and and played through these last couple of years. Are they not still proud to be Canucks?

4th line energy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
RobertKron

Everything is about me

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

I somehow doubt it was their intention to insult the fans, the city, or (especially) the team. Yeesh.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Shareefruck

It doesn't "represent" anything. Quit being melodramatic and get over it.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
4th line energy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post
I somehow doubt it was their intention to insult the fans, the city, and (especially) the team. Yeesh.
I don't think it was their "intention", either. That's kind of the point. They're not thinking on a broader prospective. If they stepped out of their millionaire-hockey-friends bubble for a few minutes and looked at things from an outsiders point of view, the optics are not cool. Just like a lot of things they have said or done on twitter or in the media.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
4th line energy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
It doesn't "represent" anything. Quit being melodramatic and get over it.
Why should I get over it? Should I just be a shill for everything and spend 10,000 plus posts discussing prospects and 4th line centers?

Old
09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy View Post
Why should I get over it? Should I just be a shill for everything and spend 10,000 plus posts discussing prospects and 4th line centers?
I looked up "Shill" and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

You're feeling insulted and appalled over nothing. I definitely find this reaction more obnoxious/senseless than anything the players have done or said.

The optics are equally not cool.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 09-19-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old
09-19-2012, 08:13 PM
4th line energy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I looked up "Shill" and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

You're complaining about a whole lot of nothing and making it about you for some reason.
what is this I dont even...

is this not a Vancouver Canucks discussion board?

Last time I checked 60% of this board is complaining and the other 40% is people telling you to stop posting about nothing.

Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Those scoundrels! How dare they defile the beautiful symbol of our province's pride and joy? The disrespect shown by these people towards such a historic image is unacceptable. They do not deserve to wear the Canucks crest on their chest ever again.

That's how I feel about this subject.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:

Last time I checked 60% of this board is complaining and the other 40% is people telling you to stop posting about nothing.

Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.
Criticizing the behaviour of certain players vs. criticizing the behaviour of certain fans. What's the difference?

Old
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:

on the other hand, if you set your level of care to something more reasonable and realistic, you might live longer

Verviticus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Meh, it's not the best way to make a protest. I don't care enough to have an opinion about it one way or another.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
to me, the symbol of the canucks represents the canucks which are the prime holding of Canucks Sports & Entertainment, a company that makes money to pay to people who own it. this should probably be your interpretation too

Verviticus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's a practice jersey..

Maybe the Canucks' players were asked to, being that they're technically not allowed to be associated with the Canucks right now? You know, the people who own that logo aren't associated with the NHLPA right now..

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:50 PM
opendoor

Beats trying to skip out on a charity golf tournament like the Flames players did.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Fat Tony

It's pretty common for NHL players to turn their team jerseys inside out if their they're playing or practicing in non-official situations. It's kind of a humility thing so as to not rub it in the face of any non-NHLers that might be involved.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
It's pretty common for NHL players to turn their team jerseys inside out if their they're playing or practicing in non-official situations. It's kind of a humility thing so as to not rub it in the face of any non-NHLers that might be involved.
This, plus the poster above who reasoned that maybe they were told by the players' union to wear the jerseys inside-out. To me that's very likely. It's not intended by our players to be insulting or personal. These guys seem to like Vancouver and they're glad to play here . . . whenever the league and the union make that possible.

701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:11 PM
thrillhouse99

I'm thinking they should have just picked up some ten dollar blank practice jerseys to wear.

Then again that would have cost ten dollars and they aren't getting paid right now soooooooooo.......

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
One of the guys did it for fun at first then it caught on

Hansen 36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Until the Orca jerseys are gone they should always be worn inside out.

==

I thought at first Luongo's jersey had just gotten that way after a shoot out drill.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Chubros

Bieksa put it best when he was on the local news and asked, "who cares?" He said he still has the logo on his pants and helmet and that it really was not a big deal.

At least those guys are in town practicing and preparing in hopes of the season starting soon, unlike the Crosbys and Ovechkins of the world who were on the first possible flight to Europe.

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Beats trying to skip out on a charity golf tournament like the Flames players did.
And they still might actually get paid.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Golden Boy
The Spy in Beantown

vCash: 300
Who cares man... They can do whatever they want to do, I just want my hockey back. I don't care about anything else: not that Ovechkin comment or Spezza moving to Switzerland.

Golden Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Wisp

Its the most minor of gestures. To choose to get offended by it is a sign of selfishness and childishness.

Also, why should the players freely advertise for their respective organizations when they're being locked out by those same organizations?

Wisp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:39 PM
ddawg1950

It just means the crest is closer to their hearts.

Now somebody post a picture of a cute puppy and we can all go home.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote