HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Penguins' Ticket Thread: Buy, Sell, Trade, Give Away

Old
08-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
2010-11 Penguins' Ticket Thread: Buy, Sell, Trade, Give Away

We have had one of these every year. Hopefully this one or similar can be stickied....

People have been pretty cool about this, and have even given tickets away that they found they could not use at the last minute. I have done it a few times when the GF could not make it, the only draw back was that the person had to sit next to me. Heh.

So if you have em or want em put 'em here.

HF DISCLAIMER:

Quote:
This is the official Ticket Thread for the upcoming season. It is here you can announce that you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals. Buyer beware.

Last edited by WVP: 08-08-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:52 AM
JWells16

Love the idea to sticky this thread.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
I will be in the area and would love to buy a couple seats for my wife and I for December 28 if anyone with STs is going out of town for the holidays. I could probably find someone to buy two more if you want to sell 4.

Message me if this is a possibility.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
M-B-30

Was just wondering me and buddy's wanted to make a trip for the Devils at Pens game in early december and we were wondering what are the cheapest tickets we can get, and also, the cheapest LOWER BOWL ticket prices, any info would help, thanks!

M-B-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-B-30 View Post
Was just wondering me and buddy's wanted to make a trip for the Devils at Pens game in early december and we were wondering what are the cheapest tickets we can get, and also, the cheapest LOWER BOWL ticket prices, any info would help, thanks!
something like 3,000 or 4,000 people on the waiting list, sold out for over two years now, and new arena opened. The team should be one of the elite teams this coming year to boot.

What this all means is that the cost likely is going to be a lot. As a season ticket holder my tickets on the lower bowel are around $80 per seat and there are not many cheaper. I have no clue but would expect on secondary sites like stubhub if I were going to sell any to get at least close to $200 per seat.

Old
08-11-2010, 06:31 AM
regard

For my buddys bachelor party he'd like to go to a Pens game with me and the rest of the groomsmen.
Anyone have any advice on finding 5 or 6 tickets together?

We were thinking Nov 19th against Carolina.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 07:56 AM
rk50

Question for STHers... what prevents you from sending the hard tickets to somebody, then e-mailing those tickets to somebody else rendering the hard tickets useless?

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk50 View Post
Question for STHers... what prevents you from sending the hard tickets to somebody, then e-mailing those tickets to somebody else rendering the hard tickets useless?
A fraud complaint with the police and a complaint to the Pens that may void our season tickets perhaps?

As an aside, when STH sell their tickets through the Pens' site (stubhub runs it) the stubhub issued ticket takes precedence and the hard ticket will not scan through. So selling it, emailing it, all of that invalidates your hard tickets.

Old
08-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Renton7

What's the best way to get Winter Classic tickets? I know that STH can buy them now... Would it work / is it allowed for me to get a STH to buy WC tickets for me? Would I be able to use them? I'm very aware of how fast WC tickets have been selling out.

Thanks y'all.

Renton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 09:00 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton7 View Post
What's the best way to get Winter Classic tickets? I know that STH can buy them now... Would it work / is it allowed for me to get a STH to buy WC tickets for me? Would I be able to use them? I'm very aware of how fast WC tickets have been selling out.

Thanks y'all.
STH's do not have access to buy any more tickets than they season seats at Consol.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Renton7

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
STH's do not have access to buy any more tickets than they season seats at Consol.
Ah, I had heard different rumors. So if I know someone who has 4 season ticket spots (which, I don't - hence being on here), could they buy 4 tickets to the Winter Classic and give them to me to use?

I'm from Johnstown, by the way.

Renton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 07:15 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Ah, I had heard different rumors. So if I know someone who has 4 season ticket spots (which, I don't - hence being on here), could they buy 4 tickets to the Winter Classic and give them to me to use?

Yes. If they have 4 season tickets, they have already been sent an invoice by the Pen's, and have been assigned 4 seats at Heinz field for the WC. They have until August 25 to pay that invoice to receive those tickets. If they do pay, they will receive the assigned seats, and tickets will arrive in the mail sometime in November. And yeah, anyone can use those tickets that they receive.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

Generous friend if so. My tickets cost $149 each, with the extra costs were something like $330 if I remember for the pair. I have seen similar seats to what I got going for between $750 and $800 each. That is over a thousand dollars difference. Think superbowl tickets light. Even if not going, when the Steelers were in the season ticket holders got a lottery and some would win some at face value. Some will give them away, but literlly it is like giving hundreds of dollars away.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Alaski Pola

Help out an Alaskan Pen's fan

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time lurker on this site and rarely if ever post. I was born and raised here in Alaska, but my father is from Pittsburgh so I naturally gravitated to the Pens during the Lemieux/Jagr days of the early 90's.

Currently, I am finishing up my Master's degree (geotechnical engineering), and plan on being finished by May. The next step for me will be starting my Ph.D, and I am planning on applying to Pitt to do this. I have convinced my fiancée (which was no small task as we are planning a wedding so money is tight, and a trip to Pittsburgh is around $1000 each) that a trip to Pittsburgh over Christmas break would be a good opportunity to check out one of the university and also visit family in the area.

So since we are going to be the area around new years, and I have never been to any Pittsburgh sporting events, I thought this would be an amazing opportunity to see the Winter Classic, and perhaps a few other games.

The reason for posting this on here is this, if there are any STH that have received tickets for the Winter Classic and do not plan on purchasing them, I want to purchase them from you. I am only looking for two tickets, one for me and my fiancée. If I cannot find any tickets here I will attempt to purchase tickets when the are released for the general public, but I have a feeling these will go fast, so I'm trying to cover all bases.

Anyway, thanks for reading this (if you didn't get too bored halfway through). If you do have tickets to the Winter Classic and do not plan on purchasing them, please get in contact with me either through private message, email, or even just responding to the post.

Go Pen's!

Alaski Pola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:53 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I doubt you'll find a STH selling tickets to strangers for STH prices this year. Even those willing sell at cost already have dozens of friends & relatives asking for tickets to games.

When I sell my tickets (except through Ticket Exchange), it will be below the gate price but significantly higher than my cost. Shelling out $700+a month (a 60% increase) put a serious crimp in my summer plans, and that pain will be passed along to the consumer.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Alaski Pola

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I doubt you'll find a STH selling tickets to strangers for STH prices this year. Even those willing sell at cost already have dozens of friends & relatives asking for tickets to games.

When I sell my tickets (except through Ticket Exchange), it will be below the gate price but significantly higher than my cost. Shelling out $700+a month (a 60% increase) put a serious crimp in my summer plans, and that pain will be passed along to the consumer.
What do you want for them? I'm not looking for a deal, just trying to find tickets.

Alaski Pola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaski Pola View Post
What do you want for them? I'm not looking for a deal, just trying to find tickets.
Forum rules prevent me from listing tickets above face value. But at this point, I'm only looking to sell a bundle of 10 games all at once, plus I'm keeping my WC tix, so I probably can't help you.

You might want to post a "tickets:wanted" ad on the tickets section of Craigslist Pittsburgh and arrange a paypal transaction if you find a seller. The problem with this is it requires a degree of trust that you won't get ripped off. But you probably can reach that trust level by requiring a confirmable address & phone number of the seller ...

If you're interested only in Winter Classic tickets, you might want to post an ad that says you're willing to pay a little more than face value but — because the NHL still yet to release tens of thousands of tix — not a king's ransom. It's worth a shot.

Old
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
TheLegendkiller

I'm trying to get tickets for me and a bunch of my friends for the CEC opening game Pens vs. Flyers which I know sounds really tough since I hear its almost impossible to get tickets if you're not a season ticket holder and it will probably be more difficult since its the first game in a new arena. But does anybody know the best way I can get tickets?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I'm trying to get tickets for me and a bunch of my friends for the CEC opening game Pens vs. Flyers which I know sounds really tough since I hear its almost impossible to get tickets if you're not a season ticket holder and it will probably be more difficult since its the first game in a new arena. But does anybody know the best way I can get tickets?
Pay $500 a ticket or something like that on stubhub? And I am not talking the best seats in the house. I am guessing your average seats will be that much for the opening game at the new arena.

Old
08-23-2010, 12:21 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Pay $500 a ticket or something like that on stubhub? And I am not talking the best seats in the house. I am guessing your average seats will be that much for the opening game at the new arena.

$500? Holy ****, you've got to be kidding me.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
$500? Holy ****, you've got to be kidding me.
It will be the opening game of our new arena. I got $350 per ticket for the opening game last year for seats that cost me $50 each, within five minutes of posting them, and likely could have gotten more. Now those same seats are $80 per ticket, and the event is pretty huge and interest is even more huge. My guess at the price one would have to pay is likely not that far off.

Old
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
It will be the opening game of our new arena. I got $350 per ticket for the opening game last year for seats that cost me $50 each, within five minutes of posting them, and likely could have gotten more. Now those same seats are $80 per ticket, and the event is pretty huge and interest is even more huge. My guess at the price one would have to pay is likely not that far off.
Yes, but last year's home opener included the presentation of the Cup and the raising of the Stanley Cup Champions banner. People waited nearly 20 years for that. People could wait a few days and get to set foot in the new arena to see a game. I don't think the novelty of being able to say "I was there for the first ever..." is going to be worth that much more of a premium that a SC celebration

I'd think upper-bowl seats could be had for around $500 a pair, not per. Sure, resellers will try to cash in big time that night, but the price begins to drop a couple days before the event as people realize that asking an extra $50 might cost them a profit of a couple hundred dollars.

Old
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
JTG

I'm paying a season ticket holder I know $175 for his seats at the very top of the arena.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
I'm paying a season ticket holder I know $175 for his seats at the very top of the arena.
That's probably a real good deal, for a pair. Ticket stub afterwards will be worth something.

Old
08-29-2010, 06:23 PM
HanzoPens

Hey if anyone plans to sell or give away tickets for the February 23rd 2011 Penguins vs Sharks game. I will be extremely interested in a potential deal. I have always wanted the chance to check out a Sharks game.
Thanks.

HanzoPens is offline   Reply With Quote