HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Perusing the BoH board, I'm amazed at how many Canadians care so deeply about the supposed well-being of the City of Glendale. It's an almost irrational love and concern for the citizens of Glendale. I'm expecting an international aid package to arrive any time now.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Ted Mosby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Perusing the BoH board, I'm amazed at how many Canadians care so deeply about the supposed well-being of the City of Glendale. It's an almost irrational love and concern for the citizens of Glendale. I'm expecting an international aid package to arrive any time now.
As a Canadian, allow me to apology for my fellow countrymen who are essentially foaming at the mouth in hopes that the Coyotes move to Canada.

Jets fans, especially. They got their team back. Why do they care about us anymore?

Old
11-28-2012, 08:54 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
As a Canadian, allow me to apology for my fellow countrymen who are essentially foaming at the mouth in hopes that the Coyotes move to Canada.

Jets fans, especially. They got their team back. Why do they care about us anymore?
It's funny how short their memories are also. They mention that they support the team but they didn't at the time. Then they have a rally of a few thousand people like it makes a difference. Hardly anyone at the time around here was taunting them and wishing bad things upon them. Now they act like they're the most powerful hockey market in the NHL forgetting that they were once in our position.

They re-write history every chance they get and it's sad. Glendale wants the Coyotes, WPG didn't want to keep their team so the NHL said Adios!!

Old
11-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
I know the answer to this but I don't know how I can answer it here without this turning into a political-xenophobic war.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:33 PM
moosemeister

So much hate but I don't mind. Let the haters hate. They're just mad that the team from Arizona did better than all the teams from Canada. lol

Old
11-28-2012, 09:58 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 169
Quote:
Tim Horton's care packages? A dozen RCMP officers as a Glendale peace keeping force?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:34 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:

Not the team they wanted. Plus 15 years worth of pented up hate fueling it.

Note this only refers to a very VERY small number of fans. The majority of them are good people and if you had watched a game coming from MTS Centre this past season you'd appreciate the passion they show. 60 minutes..... non-stop regardless of the scoreboard.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:09 AM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

There are also a significant number of gawkers, not unlike you encounter on the highway slowing down traffic following a car accident.

Last edited by Rebranded Fan: 11-29-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: boh discussion
Old
11-29-2012, 08:36 AM
yotesreign

Quote:

Well it's not like they can take their minds off us by attending NHL games now.

Funny thing is just about every NHL market has no team now. No NHL team playing hockey, that is. And you can tell what markets have other alternatives to entertain hockey fans and take their minds off things like the Coyotes, and what markets have nothing to do (in the absence of NHL games) besides Coyotes watch. I mean, posting about Glendale and the Coyotes, for a non-Coyotes fan, has to be more fun than say taking out the garbage, or cleaning out the septic tank, or shoveling the snow off the driveway & sidewalks, but the sad part is it's the most fun some people who aren't Coyotes fans seem to be getting every day. No wait. That's not sad, it's as funny as hell. It's why I read here.

I mean, what is there to do in some places, besides watch hockey, post about the Coyotes, and eat fatty food? And you can only eat so many hours in a day, and there's no NHL hockey to watch, so we're gonna get posts from non-Coyotes fans.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Pretty much how I feel:

Pushing Back Against The Opposition: A Phoenix Coyotes Lease Story

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2012/1...5h4vE53MV4p.99

Old
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
OOEEL

Knew this was coming:

@clarkjv
Quote:
I just read word from City Clerk. This afternoon Jones and Romesberg formed a PAC, "Back to Sanity" in support of referendum on Yotes deal.
Quote:
Correct no of sigs needed: 5,984.7 based on votes for mayor on Nov. 6, 2012.
Aaaaaaaand a month of holding our breath while we wait out their December 27th deadline...

Old
11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Knew this was coming:
Well he needs 4 times the signatures he got last time, heck even the anti tax folks only got 4,100.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Knew this was coming:

@clarkjv

Aaaaaaaand a month of holding our breath while we wait out their December 27th deadline...

I can't help but wonder what else this guy could be doing with his free time.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well he needs 4 times the signatures he got last time, heck even the anti tax folks only got 4,100.
He'll be getting help this time from the local Tea Party Patriots. One of their members cosigned his PAC papers.

Next scheduled election in Glendale is two years away. So it would take a special election to get it to a vote any sooner.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I can't help but wonder what else this guy could be doing with his free time.
He's in his 80's and retired. He's got tons of free time.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
He'll be getting help this time from the local Tea Party Patriots. One of their members cosigned his PAC papers.

Next scheduled election in Glendale is two years away. So it would take a special election to get it to a vote any sooner.
Didnt Ford and some other businesses give $20,000 for the tax drive and couldnt meet that goal? Not worried about that part just more sad interviews with him.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
MP

This is what happens when people don't call their grandparents. Would it kill those ingrates to call poor Old Man Jones every now and then? But no, the little ***** couldn't be bothered, could they? Now he's going to make a fool of himself on television... again.

Let this be a lesson to you: don't be a little **** ingrate. Call your grandparents.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
hbk

They tried this this summer as well and failed miserably when the threshold for the required votes was significantly higher. I don't think we're worried.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Councilwoman Clark confirmed the packet was pulled but nothing has been filed yet

Old
11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

We needent be worried until the file, they have only pulled the packet and last time they wasted a week before they returned the packet. The 30 day clock still starts on Tues (provided the City Clerk has the paperwork ready) I would suspect she would be ready as early as Friday.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
We needent be worried until the file, they have only pulled the packet and last time they wasted a week before they returned the packet. The 30 day clock still starts on Tues (provided the City Clerk has the paperwork ready) I would suspect she would be ready as early as Friday.
Huh? Tuesday? The 30 day clock starts on Dec.4th?

11-29-2012, 07:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Knew this was coming:

@clarkjv

Why is Clark saying 6kay? I thought they needed "only" 3kay?

Old
11-29-2012, 07:36 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Huh? Tuesday? The 30 day clock starts on Dec.4th?
The 30 day clock starts the day the ordannace is passed by council. That 30 day window is ONLY extended IF they file the paperwork and the CIty Clerk doesnn't have the ordiance prepared for the refernedum, then and only then does the 30 days push back starting from then the City Clerk has everything prepared. They only pulled a packet today, so I'm sure the city clerk has all the paperwork ready to go by now so no fear on them getting more time. We just need to hope they sit on the paperwork and burn a week like they did over they summer. The longer they take to return to the city to file, the less time they have to collect.

Here is the $64k question, the Mayor was very explicit that the measure passed non Emergency, hinting towards the refernedum contingent. Would the Mayor aid the referendum to sandbag this?

I'm 90% sure they need 2950 b/c that's 5% for a refernedum, ~5k is based at 10% and that's an initative.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why is Clark saying 6kay? I thought they needed "only" 3kay?
Quote:
"@clarkjv: It's no of sigs cast for mayor in last election. 27,438 Cruz; 31,509 Weiers. Total 58,947. 10%=5,894"
5894 Is the basic minimum needed. A third over is usually the standard since so many get thrown out. So they need an amount closer to 7,500 and I doubt they have the funding required.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Figure you would pay $3 per signature.

I stood corrected on the earlier 5% number, city charter trumps state law in this instance.

Closed Thread