HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers History: 1981 - 82 and a kid named Grant Fuhr

Old
09-15-2012, 11:53 AM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Oilers History: 1981 - 82 and a kid named Grant Fuhr

I've always been of the belief that many don't give Fuhr the credit he deserves for the part he played during the Oilers dynasty years and that goes all the way back to his rookie season.

http://www.ourhometown.ca/edmonton/sports/RS0399.php

fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr View Post
I've always been of the belief that many don't give Fuhr the credit he deserves for the part he played during the Oilers dynasty years and that goes all the way back to his rookie season.

http://www.ourhometown.ca/edmonton/sports/RS0399.php
My dad has told me about how friendly a guy Grant was during those days. My dad was working at Fuhr Ford at the time and Grant would come in on off days and help out around the shop cleaning and talking to customers and such. Apparently everyone at the shop used to bust his balls and call him a sieve and stuff like that. He used to give me autographed pucks and stuff like that when I was little as well, and brought me into the dressing room once in 1987 after a game against St. Louis.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:43 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 500
Fuhr was amazing. The replay of the 87 Canada Cup final was a nice reminder of that. Goalies had to be so much more amazing before the dawn of the butterfly style.

"Oh you're 6'5? Can you kneel like this with your feet out? Perfect... DRAFTED!" I kid, but the game was so much more exciting when the goalies had to move around a lot more to make stops.

Last edited by stratedge: 09-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
stratedge is online now   Reply With Quote