HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper (a couple of options)

Old
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
mav0813

vCash: 500
Keeper (a couple of options)

16 team/13 keepers league that counts hits/blocks in addition to standard yahoo cats.

I have a several questions on a group of players:

1) Visnovsky or Rundblad? (I can possibly obtain Visnovsky for a 3rd rounder - would be 10th pick out of 16. I just acquired another 3rd rounder so I have one to spare).

2) Markstrom or Schneider?

3) As much as it would be nice to have Kesler's multi-cats, I'm thinking about dealing him since he'll probably be out for half the season and who knows how he responds to rehab. If the deal is right, would it be worth dealing him? I'm trying to snag Benn in some kind of deal that would include Kesler.

My current keepers: Kesler, Couture, B. Schenn, Ovechkin, Parise, Malkin, Giroux, Keith, Ehrhoff, Kulikov, Rundblad, Niemi, and Markstrom

Thoughts?

Thanks!

mav0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:23 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

1) I'd probably take Visnovsky. It looks like your team is very good and has the ability to win it all this year, Visnovsky helps much more than Rundblad in the case of a push to number one. It also allows you to use your third rounders to snag more immediate help. For this one you have to ask yourself, how high do you value Rundblad and his potential, versus trying to win this year.

2) Schneider defiantly over Markstrom. Markstrom may be the better goalie in the future, but it's questionable. However what isn't questionable is the fact that Schneider is in the NHL and is the number one goalie on a very good team, he's going to bring immediate help, and will continue to be a stud in the future. Markstrom hopes to be what Schneider is right now, in the coming years.

3) If you can trade Kesler and acquire a guy like Jaime Benn, then it's a great move. However with Kesler I wouldn't sell him unless your getting back a stud, so don't sell low on him. Plus if there is a shortened year, Kesler's fantasy value for the season will defiantly rise.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Cappy
belgians do it best

1) last poster got it right, i can see the argument for banking on rundblad's potential but if you want results this season then visnovsky is the choice
2)schneider, not close
3)keep kesler, i don't understand why everyone is so down on the guy

Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Halifax Hellfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
1) I'd probably take Visnovsky. It looks like your team is very good and has the ability to win it all this year, Visnovsky helps much more than Rundblad in the case of a push to number one. It also allows you to use your third rounders to snag more immediate help. For this one you have to ask yourself, how high do you value Rundblad and his potential, versus trying to win this year.

2) Schneider defiantly over Markstrom. Markstrom may be the better goalie in the future, but it's questionable. However what isn't questionable is the fact that Schneider is in the NHL and is the number one goalie on a very good team, he's going to bring immediate help, and will continue to be a stud in the future. Markstrom hopes to be what Schneider is right now, in the coming years.

3) If you can trade Kesler and acquire a guy like Jaime Benn, then it's a great move. However with Kesler I wouldn't sell him unless your getting back a stud, so don't sell low on him. Plus if there is a shortened year, Kesler's fantasy value for the season will defiantly rise.
Agreed

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote