HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you hate most on the habs roster?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
If he's that bad, let's trade him. 2.5 millions a year for this marginal player

I'd use Hainsey instead even if he sucks too.
Rivet's overpaid, I can't deny that. But as a bottom pairing Dman, Rivet is useful and when at his very best, he can actually look like a #4 Dman. I just wish he wasn't used so much.

Old
01-27-2005, 09:59 PM
gabpas

Craig Rivet
Alex Perezhogin
Corey Locke
Cory Urquhart
Juha Lind
Johan whiteall
Lindsay Vallis
Turner Stevenson
Terry Ryan
Mark Pederson
Jose Charbonneau
Gerry Diduck
Murray Baron
Shayne Corson
Ron Tugnutt
Perry Turnbull

Old
01-27-2005, 10:43 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
The Diduck/Ludwig trade was another trade I liked originally (although I really liked Ludwig, Diduck had #1 dman written all over him, until he put on a habs jersey that is), but cursed soon after.

Serge Savard went though a real bad spell of luck with trades there for awhile, considering that for awhile he didn't seem like he could do any wrong.
As a fan of Ludwig, I never liked the Diduck/Ludwig trade. Maybe it's just because I had watched more of Ludwig, but I was not that impressed with Diduck and always felt (and still do) that Ludwig was an underrated slab of glue that could hold a defence together. No flash, but a reliable pillar of strength back there. And just look at the consistency in his games played too. I felt that pain again (even more so) when Carbonneau was let go.

Who do I hate? Hate's a strong word. I think I may have hated Mario Tremblay as a coach and Rejean Houle as GM for a brief moment or several, but that's about it. I'm not terribly thrilled with Dagenais, but whatever.

Old
01-28-2005, 04:56 AM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
This has probably been said a thousand times... however as a teacher... .. i must try and once again get this into everybodies thick skulls... sorry everyone for the lecture!!!!! Hate is a very, very, very, very strong word... One which the Germans describe ethnic minorities, and we all know what atrosious things happen with them.... down right abominations of human behaviour... When i think of things like that, and what happened to certain groups of people and the way they were persecuted i think i'm ashamed to be a human!!!

So could we please not use a word like hate but instead say, dislike... I dislike beef for example which is a crock, but anyway its sounds nicer, in a slight oxmoronic manner.

As for who I dislike... erm... Dags obviously... i only wished he'd work hard an try that little bit more.. if he did i'd have no complaints, just put his poor playing down to lack of skills.... Also i did get very annoyed with Joe Juneau, however hes gone now... i was just upset at the type of player he'd become in the last few years of his career. I know that this happens to alot of older players, their playing style changes as they get older... i was just very disappointed.

Also Ribs... love him as a player and wouldn't trade him (unless it was a blow out offer... say this years first round Number 1 draft pick and high quality defenseman.) I just wish he'd change his attitude a bit... In an sport i do have a problem with cockey and arrogant players... e.g. Soccer - wayne Rooney... phenomenal talent and i'd always pick him if i was a coach. I just think personalities like that portray a horrible image to the kids of today.... I'm sure Ribs does some wonderful things in the community and is a very nice person to hangout with, however when your in the public spot light i think you should act in a certain manner and conduct yourself accordingly....

it seems that these two players are popping up an awful lot.. shame with Ribs... though i do like him as a player!!! oh well thats the way the cookie crumbles

Old
01-28-2005, 04:58 AM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Rivet's overpaid, I can't deny that. But as a bottom pairing Dman, Rivet is useful and when at his very best, he can actually look like a #4 Dman. I just wish he wasn't used so much.
Munch, i think thats just a case of we've got nothing better, and also that we're reknowned for having a revolving door to the surgeons table and we can never seem to keep 6 defensive men fit.

But yeah he can play well, and is very handy when he does so.

Old
01-28-2005, 05:24 AM
UKHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I can't think of anyone I hate, but slightly ot, how tall was Mother Theresa ?
5'3" when wet and if she'd borrowed Princess Diana's heels.... otherwise.. generally considered a dwarf amongst Western civiliasations... shawn bradleyesque within India...

Old
01-28-2005, 05:25 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

The Hab I disliked the most was Chow, I really thought he would do much better then he did, but 90% of the time he gave a piss poor effort. I'd put Audette with Chow, but I guess I still feel bad for his injury. Traverse is right up there, even in the AHL I would get pissed off at his defensive play.

I must say though I have zero respect for Theodore after getting that insane contract. I know he had a great season, but I lost all respect for him when he held out again. There's no way Savard could explain to the fans that he couldn't get the vezina/MVP goalie signed. But I can understand his greedy agent wanting to gouge Gillette since it's a money game now that's run by dollars and more dollars.

I'm one of the few I guess that wasn't bothered by Ribeiro's dive in the playoffs. If I was to point out his diving, I'd have to be pissed at one of my favorite Habs, Markov, who at times makes a hit look like he's been shot from the stands. Ribeiro still has some growing up to do, but I just didnt' take much offense to what he did and look forward to seeing what he can do in the future. The kid MUST get stronger though, so he can't be pinned along the boards so easily.

Dags is painful to watch play but we do need shooters and he's got a great shot.

In management, Houle, Corey and Tremblay I have disliked very much. Media guys-I really can't stand the gang at 110%, although to be honest I don't pay much attention to them, and when I do my French is still poor at best which makes it hard to understand what they are saying at times. But I've never supported a favortism towards nationallity/langauge/ethincs to me all Habs should be equal reguardless of their last name. Would Rivet be a better hockey player if he name was Riveto, or Ryder, Rydeiro?

I support all Habs no matter what, as long as they give a good effort on the ice, the thing that bugs me most is seeing guys take a shift off or not working as hard as they can.

Old
01-28-2005, 05:53 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Ribeiro I like.. even if he does dive. But hey.. he's from Portugal! Ever seen Portuguise soccer players? It's sickening! Find yourself a copy of the England vs. Portugal match at the Euro 2004 for more on that.
Ribeiro is not from portugal. He's from Canada.

Old
01-28-2005, 06:49 AM
gars59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabpas
Craig Rivet
Alex Perezhogin
Corey Locke

Cory Urquhart
Juha Lind
Johan whiteall
Lindsay Vallis
Turner Stevenson
Terry Ryan
Mark Pederson
Jose Charbonneau
Gerry Diduck
Murray Baron
Shayne Corson
Ron Tugnutt
Perry Turnbull

can you explain

Old
01-28-2005, 06:57 AM
mcphee

Glad no one hates Larry Hillman. You don't want that crazy Bill pounding on your front door.

Old
01-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Glad no one hates Larry Hillman. You don't want that crazy Bill pounding on your front door.
Seriously, though, I'm a few bad days shy of pounding on the doors of all those people who hate Craig Rivet. I mean, I just don't get that. It's like hating paint dry. Or something like that.

Old
01-28-2005, 07:14 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Seriously, though, I'm a few bad days shy of pounding on the doors of all those people who hate Craig Rivet. I mean, I just don't get that. It's like hating paint dry. Or something like that.
Call me and I'll ride with you. I don't want to actually pound on any doors, what with my bad back and all, but I'll stay in the car and tend to the maps and cd's and stuff. I'll do all the talking at the drive thru's. Personally, the paint drying process kind of pisses me off. There have been many athletes and coaches[in all sports] in mtl. who if they somehow anger the media, can be gradually perceived as a bad guy. It's not a language thing, it's just a way of slowly getting even. I've seen it happen to all races and colors in the city. I don't think it's common to Mtl., I imagine it happens in all cities where the various medias compete for the time of these people. We're smart enough to form our own opinions but after a while, little hints become fact in our minds. You have to be careful about what you accept as fact and what's some hack's agenda.

Old
01-28-2005, 07:23 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
As a fan of Ludwig, I never liked the Diduck/Ludwig trade. Maybe it's just because I had watched more of Ludwig, but I was not that impressed with Diduck and always felt (and still do) that Ludwig was an underrated slab of glue that could hold a defence together. No flash, but a reliable pillar of strength back there. And just look at the consistency in his games played too.
Agreed. I also really liked Ludwig, and for years now have stated that a Ludwig type dman would help our defence tenfold, but he was almost 30 years old when we traded him for a potential #1 dman that was only 25 years old.

It was a gamble.....it didn't pay off.

01-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Why would you hate Larry Hillman when you have Terry Harper around?

Old
01-28-2005, 09:06 AM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
pick me, pick me, pick me, plllleeeeaassssee!!! i love driving around and pounding doors... certainly beats just knocking and then running away!!! I'm mean you've got Mcphee for the cd's, maps and stuff. You can take me so at least Mcphee has some English to insult and tease about his accent!!! you could also take UK Habs Fan aswell we both work security over he in England, dealing with drunken Yobs, to English soccer hooligans.. i think we could be quite useful!!!

Old
01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
UKHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
pick me, pick me, pick me, plllleeeeaassssee!!! i love driving around and pounding doors... certainly beats just knocking and then running away!!! I'm mean you've got Mcphee for the cd's, maps and stuff. You can take me so at least Mcphee has some English to insult and tease about his accent!!! you could also take UK Habs Fan aswell we both work security over he in England, dealing with drunken Yobs, to English soccer hooligans.. i think we could be quite useful!!!

Well lets go and pound some doors, hell I ain't got anything better to do, so it would appear that we have the door pounding crew and lets face it, it is gonna make a change to beating the living crap out of drunks and the soccer hooligans and the only possible downside that i can see is that the comic responses won't be heard as the doors don't like to talk back so what are we waiting for, someone please give us the green light i am bored !!!! :beatup:

Old
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Dr. Charles

How True

Old
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Habs

Quote:
This has probably been said a thousand times... however as a teacher... .. i must try and once again get this into everybodies thick skulls... sorry everyone for the lecture!!!!! Hate is a very, very, very, very strong word... One which the Germans describe ethnic minorities, and we all know what atrosious things happen with them.... down right abominations of human behaviour... When i think of things like that, and what happened to certain groups of people and the way they were persecuted i think i'm ashamed to be a human!!!
You have got to be kidding me, as this is the most rehashed reference to the word "hate" in history. Why is it whenever someone wants to get a point across, a reference to the holocaust is rehashed over, and over again?

The well documented atrocities, the jewish civilians endured, are well embedded in our minds. Please stop bringing it up whenever someone uses a word "Hitler" or his followers, used as well.

Meanwhile, back to hockey.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
bopeep

I don't hate any players - some I've disliked intensely; but Irving Grundman is a person whose name doesn't conjure up any warm and fuzzies for me.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Well, i hate.................

That about it i think

Old
01-28-2005, 10:39 AM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
You have got to be kidding me, as this is the most rehashed reference to the word "hate" in history. Why is it whenever someone wants to get a point across, a reference to the holocaust is rehashed over, and over again?

The well documented atrocities, the jewish civilians endured, are well embedded in our minds. Please stop bringing it up whenever someone uses a word "Hitler" or his followers, used as well.

Well okay then not a problem.. i just thought in trying to get my point across, i used something everyone can understand - a relevantand familar topic, so it doesn't go over people's heads and also i didn't want to endure folks on the board to a lesson of historical atrocities detailing hate and its exhibitors, and just stick to the hockey point i was trying to make... you'd know what i mean by that wouldn't you Habs????

Old
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Squeaky

Quote:

So could we please not use a word like hate but instead say, dislike... I dislike beef for example which is a crock, but anyway its sounds nicer, in a slight oxmoronic manner.
Hate:

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates
v. tr.

1. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.

v. intr.
To feel hatred.

n.
1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred: My pet hate is tardiness.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hate

Hate means intense dislike. It's got nothing to do with Nazi's. To Illustrate, I dislike Dagenais, but I don't intensely dislike him, so I don't hate him. I intensely dislike Sean Avery and George W. Bush, so I hate them.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:55 AM
UKHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

This is the 98th post on this thread and many points have been made and only one holocaust has been mentioned until now if we count the one that i have mentioned........................... so just think about it................................ now back to the Hockey

Old
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Hate:

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates
v. tr.

1. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.

v. intr.
To feel hatred.

n.
1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred: My pet hate is tardiness.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hate

Hate means intense dislike. It's got nothing to do with Nazi's. To Illustrate, I dislike Dagenais, but I don't intensely dislike him, so I don't hate him. I intensely dislike Sean Avery and George W. Bush, so I hate them.
Thanks for the exact meaning of the word hate...don't really know what your trying to get at, or if this is aimed at me because i've offended you... However i think alot of people may have got the wrong end of the stick in regards my thread i was trying to make people realise that the word they're looking for to describe their feelings against a certain player isn't exactly hate- or i hope it isn't, whereas my exmaple is the upmost true example of hate amongst humans... If you'd read the whole thing properly i had used the word dislike as another alternative, instead of hate which is a less negative word... I don't know if either yourself or Habs have ever worked with children.. and maybe some parents out there wil back me up... however when the word hate is used in a childs vocabulary your letting that child show significant negative behaviours and attitudes towards something.. and many times not really understanding the full meaning of the word hate... This is when you question a child to make sure that they do understand the meaning and then offering them the use of another word which isn't so negatively laidened

I hpe this explanation can explain somewhat where i'm coming from....

Old
01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Squeaky

Worked with children, heck, I AM a child

Closed Thread