HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lockout discussion thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Andros777

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
I have no idea how it affects you guys so much when someone has an opinon that differs from yours. I have disliked Pleks since the time he came out and openly said he is playing like a little girl. There is NOT one NA player that would have said that. Just don't like him, and yes he does fit well in the international scene. Because that is his hockey.
No, but plenty of them play just like that.

What does what he said matter.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
I have no idea how it affects you guys so much when someone has an opinon that differs from yours. I have disliked Pleks since the time he came out and openly said he is playing like a little girl. There is NOT one NA player that would have said that. Just don't like him, and yes he does fit well in the international scene. Because that is his hockey.
Ah, it all makes sense now. Move along, boys.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Ah, it all makes sense now. Move along, boys.
You are so wrong, it was just a TRUE comment. My all time favorite Hab was Mats Naslund. He played like he was 6'9 and i have NEVER heard from listening to the Habs since the early 70's another player admit to playing like a little girl.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Pavel NEVER opnely admitted to play like a little girl and no i d'ont hate Pavel. Pleks, yes i wish MB would trade him.
Why do you want Bergevin to trade Plekanec? You don't think he's a good hockey player? You don't think he's a capable 1st and excellent 2nd center? You think Plekanec is actually hurting the team?

Please keep the quote out of this. We are talking about hockey here, the game that is played on the ice, not what a player said in a post game interview.

Also, I know you like to show us how old you are and how long you've been watching hockey but it doesn't mean you know the game any better than us.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Andros777

Quote:
You are so wrong, it was just a TRUE comment. My all time favorite Hab was Mats Naslund. He played like he was 6'9 and i have NEVER heard from listening to the Habs since the early 70's another player admit to playing like a little girl.
Are you saying that, as a professional athlete, he OUGHT to have had enough self respect that he would never admit that he'd played like a little girl?

Old
09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Are you saying that, as a professional athlete, he OUGHT to have had enough self respect that he would never admit that he'd played like a little girl?
Some people just like drama. They don't care about the game, just was comes AFTER the game or outside the ice. They should stay on site like 25stanley.com than trying to talk about hockey in here.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:33 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
You just displayed your xenophobia by stating that NO NA PLAYER would say that. You probably should of said no player would ever say that, since what pleks said is one in a lifetime thing and quite original. Never heard anyone say those words, NA or not, NFL, NHL NBA, whatever, and what he said was quite LOL tbh.
What he said were just words, and in a way was just an excuse for you to channel/validate your xenophobia.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Why do you want Bergevin to trade Plekanec? You don't think he's a good hockey player? You don't think he's a capable 1st and excellent 2nd center? You think Plekanec is actually hurting the team?

Please keep the quote out of this. We are talking about hockey here, the game that is played on the ice, not what a player said in a post game interview.

Also, I know you like to show us how old you are and how long you've been watching hockey but it doesn't mean you know the game any better than us.
Yes true we have done very well with him. We should keep him !!

HAHA you guys are hilarious. Relax, and realize in life, it's normal that someone doesn't see it the same way you do.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
See, you have no argument. When you want to bash Plekanec the player, you either use a interview quote years ago.. or blame him for the team unsuccessfulness. That is exactly what a guy that has no argument use. With your logic, we should trade the whole team.

Keep digging bro.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Andy

If little girls play like Plekanec does, then I would love to have another on the team.

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

HAHA you guys are hilarious. Relax, and realize in life, it's normal that someone doesn't see it the same way you do.
Yea well, people who rely on prejudices, stereotypes and spread xenophobic "opinions" should be called out; that's life.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Yes, but he said he played like a little girl!!!!
Trade him for Niinimaa.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Please put me on IL. If you like him that is your opinion, i dont and that is mine...

Old
09-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Et le But

You are entitled to your opinion, just as some of us are entitled to our opinion that Plekanec is one of the Habs best players and if your argument against that is a comment he made once taking accountability for failing to play at his usual level then I think you have a personal bias against him for some reason.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:02 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, just as some of us are entitled to our opinion that Plekanec is one of the Habs best players and if your argument against that is a comment he made once taking accountability for failing to play at his usual level then I think you have a personal bias against him for some reason.
Wel lif he is honsestly one of the Habs best players, i understand why we finished last, last year. And the future does not look bright.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Wel lif he is honsestly one of the Habs best players, i understand why we finished last, last year. And the future does not look bright.
We also finished first in the East with him being our 1st center, playing with enigmatic players like Kovalev and Kostitsyn.

We also made it to the ECF with Plekanec.

Your point?

I'm surprised that a guy that watched hockey for so long still doesn't understand basic stuff like you don't judge a player by watching where the team ranked.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Roulin

Quote:
No hits, just the way Pleks likes it.
Quote:
Just curious, how much Czech league hockey have you watched?

Old
09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Just curious, how much Czech league hockey have you watched?
haha enough to know it's MILEs away from the NHL.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Roulin

Quote:
haha enough to know it's MILEs away from the NHL.
Really though, how many games? At least 1, right? Where would you say the Czech league ranks as far as physical play is concerned, compared to other leagues where hockey is being played during the lockout, say, the AHL, SM-Liiga, DEL, etc.?

Old
09-27-2012, 04:13 AM
GoHomez

Sorry to bother you guys in your heavy "But he said ha played like a little girl"-debate, but to date, how many games have been cancelled?
All of the pre-season or just a couple of games?

Has NHL set a date when they will cancel more games?

Old
09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Muminek

I just saw Sopel

Old
09-27-2012, 09:00 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

Hockey just ain't the same. I need the NHL. I need my Canadiens.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
impudent_lowlife

Tomas Plekanec is a stud. He plays tough even-strength minutes with less talented linemates and is easily among the best PK forwards in the NHL. For an objective analysis:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...tomas-plekanec

Old
09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
juve

I played Nhl 13 and created my pro, the first trade was Nathan Beaulieu and 1st round pick for Spacek. I re-created a new save....

Old
09-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Sorry to bother you guys in your heavy "But he said ha played like a little girl"-debate, but to date, how many games have been cancelled?
All of the pre-season or just a couple of games?

Has NHL set a date when they will cancel more games?
What I heard on That's Hockey last night is that by the end of tomorrow the entire preseason should be officially cancelled. By early next week you'll start hearing about actual season games being officially cancelled. That's what they said anyway.

Closed Thread