HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout discussion thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
tdecheno

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn hates North America, hopes lockout wipes out NHL season....stay in Russia then you little *****! lol

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/22...out-nhl-season

Old
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn hates North America, hopes lockout wipes out NHL season....stay in Russia then you little *****! lol

Sounds like he wants it decided, either way, as many of us do. Lots of cynical/annoyed fans are saying they hope both sides lose the season too, actually. Doesn't seem like that bad an article. Some players are going to realize there is more to life than the NHL paycheques, and that has to be kind of liberating for some of them, I won't begrudge them that one bit.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Not sure where you got that Kostitsyn 'hates' North America...at least not, based on the quotes provided in the article

Old
10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what he said

Old
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
EveryDay

PK Subban info...

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...21-191324.html

Old
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:

He's a real dick! Have more Vodka!

Old
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I've never liked Sergei, but I have to admit, he's such a boss for saying that he hates north america and our women are fugly.

Not a single **** was given about the lockout, look at me I'm getting paid still.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
PK loves the media, and the attention!!! He will be an entertainer long after his hockey days!!

Old
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yes, that's exactly what he said
Actually he said that he hated life in north america, which is very different.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
PK loves the media, and the attention!!! He will be an entertainer long after his hockey days!!
Hopefully he waits until after his hockey days though, I love the kids personality but it's a little jarring to see him constantly hanging around with celebrities when he could be playing pro hockey in Europe or something. You can tell the kid is working hard and I believe in him, but just working out and playing hockey are different.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Hopefully he waits until after his hockey days though, I love the kids personality but it's a little jarring to see him constantly hanging around with celebrities when he could be playing pro hockey in Europe or something. You can tell the kid is working hard and I believe in him, but just working out and playing hockey are different.
Why is it that many hockey fans/analysts are so opposed to players having personalities?

I always found that funny

Also...I think PK's spent alot of time this offseason helping out with various charities. Not like he's trashing hotel rooms with Lindsay Lohan lol

Old
10-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Why is it that many hockey fans/analysts are so opposed to players having personalities?

I always found that funny

Also...I think PK's spent alot of time this offseason helping out with various charities. Not like he's trashing hotel rooms with Lindsay Lohan lol
It's less that in itself but you see most of the other Habs playing together and it's odd how Subban is rarely spoken about for hockey reasons.

I blame twitter most of all, you have guys like Gorges, Eller, Price, Gionta, Pacioretty, Weber, even the new guys and former Habs always talking to each other, while Subban is busy with celebrities.

It's not a big deal and I'm fully away I'm overreacting, I'm just being honest that's what it looks like to me even though I know better.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I bet you a fin that SK74 isn't even keeping in touch or being fully informed. I hate it when people are un-professional.. Some of us have worked in places like London.

That doesn't mean we should or have the right to comment on the current Euro economic situation, why, because were North American & like it here.

Shut the eff up! SK!

Old
10-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
I bet you a fin that SK74 isn't even keeping in touch or being fully informed. I hate it when people are un-professional.. Some of us have worked in places like London.

That doesn't mean we should or have the right to comment on the current Euro economic situation, why, because were North American & like it here.

Shut the eff up! SK!
What are you talking about..

If you were employed in London but had work stoppage due to negotiations with your employer, you'd have every right to speak about it.

Matter of fact, SK's opinion on the subject is much more important and valid than yours.
It's funny, because the ''example'' you use can be applied by you.
You are not employed by the NHL, you know pretty much 1% of what is really being said and done, yet I'm pretty sure you have a formed opinion on the matter.

I think both sides are dumb, but the hate for SK for speaking is mind is just dumb.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Krnage

David Krejci thinks Gary Bettman treats the players like animals
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-like-animals/

Old
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What are you talking about..

If you were employed in London but had work stoppage due to negotiations with your employer, you'd have every right to speak about it.

Matter of fact, SK's opinion on the subject is much more important and valid than yours.
It's funny, because the ''example'' you use can be applied by you.
You are not employed by the NHL, you know pretty much 1% of what is really being said and done, yet I'm pretty sure you have a formed opinion on the matter.

I think both sides are dumb, but the hate for SK for speaking is mind is just dumb.
A lot of people just hate East Europeans. They want them to shut up, do what they're told, and play for half the salary and on shorter term than Canadian players would get for the same performance.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

So glad to be rid of this idiot. One by one we dumped every primadonna, loudmouth, idiot and booze hound. We are finally building a respectable team that takes the franchise seriously like professionals and for me SK couldn't be far enough away.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
A lot of people just hate East Europeans. They want them to shut up, do what they're told, and play for half the salary and on shorter term than Canadian players would get for the same performance.
It's clear there's a double standard when it comes to Europeans, especially Eastern Europeans, for having the audacity of not instantly adapting to North America.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So glad to be rid of this idiot. One by one we dumped every primadonna, loudmouth, idiot and booze hound. We are finally building a respectable team that takes the franchise seriously like professionals and for me SK couldn't be far enough away.
Boo hoo hoo.

Yeah we got rid all of those "idiots" now we are much better. We were 15th in the east last year.. but we are better right?

Funny how the Habs were extremely popular and "successful" (by successful, i mean making the playoffs) when the Kostitsyn bros and Kovalev was in our line up.

I don't understand why some of you guys are gets so irritated when it comes to Russian.

So he says American and Canadian doesn't have the same mentality and culture than Russian or Belarussians.. BIG DEAL.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Boo hoo hoo.

Yeah we got rid all of those "idiots" now we are much better. We were 15th in the east last year.. but we are better right?

Funny how the Habs were extremely popular and "successful" (by successful, i mean making the playoffs) when the Kostitsyn bros and Kovalev was in our line up.

I don't understand why some of you guys are gets so irritated when it comes to Russian.

So he says American and Canadian doesn't have the same mentality and culture than Russian or Belarussians.. BIG DEAL.
I didn't say anything about Russian, I guess you sort of let your own stereotypes do the talking for you there.

If you don't understand why we were in 15th place and realize it had very little to do with the players than good luck, you are beyond help.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Russian, I guess you sort of let your own stereotypes do the talking for you there.

If you don't understand why we were in 15th place and realize it had very little to do with the players than good luck, you are beyond help.
Oh please.. I've been here long enough to know how much you hate Kovalev and the Kostitsyns brother. Don't play the "I have nothing against Russian, I don't know what you're talking about" card.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Oh please.. I've been here long enough to know how much you hate Kovalev and the Kostitsyns brother. Don't play the "I have nothing against Russian, I don't know what you're talking about" card.
Actually I didn't mind AKost as a 3rd liner. Kovalev was a lazy floater who never should have worn the CH and SKost who shouldn't be on anyones top line but has a mouth like an "all star".

Oddly enough none of those things has anything to do with being Russian. I like Emelin and Markov so you are really just pulling nonsense out of your ass.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Actually I didn't mind AKost as a 3rd liner. Kovalev was a lazy floater who never should have worn the CH and SKost who shouldn't be on anyones top line but has a mouth like an "all star".

Oddly enough none of those things has anything to do with being Russian. I like Emelin and Markov so you are really just pulling nonsense out of your ass.
Without Kovalev we might have missed the playoffs all 4 seasons he was here.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Et le But

Quote:

Kovalev was the main reason the Habs finished first in 07-08. He was a frustrating inconsistent player who couldn't lead a team all the way or adapt, but that lazy Russian carried us at times. We could desperately use someone like him now.

I don't think you are a Russian hater (especially compared to other posters) but I find it interesting how Kovalev is always called lazy when the equally erratic and softer Cammalleri was rarely called that.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...es-this-season

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/85...eak-nhl-legacy

Closed Thread