HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

And we are locked out again (No Progress ,, Talks collapse)

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This from LeBrun

Tells me everything, the fact that the players thinking 50-50 is a huge concession is a joke.

50-50 is the starting point and you negotiate off that, look around the world 50-50 is on par with the NBA and still higher then what the NFL and MLB and any other league makes but the NHLPA thinks it's a huge concession.
^
The fact that the players demands today for full salary of lockout year + 5% thus nowhere close to a 50/50 split is all anyone needs to know

Old
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Again, crux of dispute is memo from last night that was leaked. NHL believes Fehr "hid" details of "make-whole." One player says it was...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Deliberately kept out of that memo because they knew it would get out and they didn't want to reveal specific details.
So an NHLPA member confirms that Fehr and his ilk did in fact not disclose details to rest of union on the Make Whole plan of NHL ,, Lends credence to NHL and fans who think he doesn't want to resolve the lockout

And the fact an NHLPA member leaked his memo is interesitng

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

If NHL's accusations regarding Fehr are true - as reported by @RussoTrib - this would be a crushing blow to players.
Hopefully this is start of PA mutiny/civil war

Old
11-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
Can confirm #NHLPA offer details by @NYP_Brooksie -- stunning if accurate. Players looking for $1.83B compounded by 5% annually.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This from LeBrun

Tells me everything, the fact that the players thinking 50-50 is a huge concession is a joke.

50-50 is the starting point and you negotiate off that, look around the world 50-50 is on par with the NBA and still higher then what the NFL and MLB and any other league makes but the NHLPA thinks it's a huge concession.
I don't agree. I think the 50/50 should be the ending point - but I don't think it should be 50/50 and then the players give up more on top of that (the exception being i think there should be either a limit on contracts or the cap hit should be what is actually paid).

If it's true Fehr thinks the players should be paid their entire salaries this year as if there's an 82 game season then he's being an assclown.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
hockeydoug

I like the player tweets defending Fehr from accusations that he isn't disclosing everything right after the accusations came out
....Don has to send out more memos.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:39 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Oh gladly ,, Sadly it wont be happening
jesus, just chill...seriously, you're the mod...you're supposed to be the responsible one....the one who calms us.

i doubt the entire season will be cancelled ... as much freaking as there has been (and will probably be) b/w the NHL/NHLPA i don't see the differences - even if you take the differences at their most extreme - being enough that the season ends up being cancelled.

i don't see either side "caving" full-out - but i think the players will end up give more soon than the owners...but i just don't think that a full season will be lost.

...and when i asked you whether you would admit you were wrong if the season was saved...i'm was teasing. if the season's saved i won't troll anyone...i'll just be happy to watch nhl hockey again.

if the season is lost, however...i'll revert to being a fan of my #2 team (the Leafs - #1 being the Hawks) and claim to everyone that if only the season was played this would have been the year that the Leafs won the Cup

OT...BWC...i've always meant to ask you...what's up with your ",,,". I'm not being a grammar/punctuation nazi or anything - god knows i loved to use "..." and "-" a ton. but i've never seen multiple ',' the way you use them. is it just a personal love of ',' or is it something else?

Old
11-09-2012, 10:46 PM
needle

I don't believe what any of you are saying.

The end of the lockout is near.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
I don't believe what any of you are saying.

The end of the lockout is near.
needle, this doesn't really have much to do with anything - but of all the various "clever" lockout phrases that have titled various threads on this board...our very own (created by you) "and we are locked out again" is by far the best

Old
11-09-2012, 11:41 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Fehr needs to be crushed. He is a cancer.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Can confirm #NHLPA offer details by @NYP_Brooksie -- stunning if accurate. Players looking for $1.83B compounded by 5% annually.
It wasn't 5% it was 1.75% but still tells you all you need to know.

The players want more pay no matter what the HRR is, so if the league loses money the players get a raise.

It's a disgrace and a joke and ruins any and all respect I had for NHL players. Grow up and act like a man and quit all the whining, pissing, *****ing and moaning about your respect. You have no right to be making this money so quit acting like you do, you have one of the greatest and most high paying jobs on the planet and your willing to flush it all away for a few extra bucks. PATHETIC!

Old
11-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

I think many people on this forum would play in the NHL for free if they were given the ability. These guys get to play arguably one of the greatest games in the world that they dreamed of as a kid for millions of dollars, but they let greed get in the way of what they supposedly cared about the most.

**** them.

I'll just watch the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA. I love the NHL, but I can live without it. Hockey may be my favorite sport to watch, but again, I can live without it. Hope these greedy players saved up and learn to live on no income for a year or more.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I think many people on this forum would play in the NHL for free if they were given the ability. These guys get to play arguably one of the greatest games in the world that they dreamed of as a kid for millions of dollars, but they let greed get in the way of what they supposedly cared about the most.

**** them.

I'll just watch the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA. I love the NHL, but I can live without it. Hockey may be my favorite sport to watch, but again, I can live without it. Hope these greedy players saved up and learn to live on no income for a year or more.
Best of all the players are all over telling us how they only care about the love of the game and they care about us fans, meanwhile they refuse to play for any less $ and want to make more even if the league makes less.

Actions speak louder then words.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:38 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Fehr needs to be crushed. He is a cancer.
Yep ... after watching TSN and hearing what those close to the action hafta say, it is obvious that Fehr is manipulating the entire process. He's still playing PR games, purposly allowing media leaks with his memos to the players, and creating road blocks to any possibility of getting this done. The NHL highly suspects that the players are getting less than all the facts; Fehr is feeding them the info HE thinks is relevant. Unless we get some players breaking away from this groupthink, this NHL season will not be played.

The following is a commentary from a fan on TSN. I like the idea as it may be the only way to shake some sense into this:

"I would like the league/owners to announce that if there is not an agreement in place within the next week, that the rest of this season will be cancelled! Have fehr take that back to the players to vote on! We'll see what kind of berries they have when they now know how much money they will lose over the next 5 months and longer."

Last edited by BobbyJet: 11-10-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: A interesting idea
Old
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
hockeydoug

Well, that was fun, maybe they'll meet again before Christmas.

I hope the owners don't stick to their guns on the contract rollbacks and contractual issues and I hope the players realize that CBAs have expiration dates meaning all the stuff they claim to be giving up aren't really concessions, those are positions.

Would have been more fun if Westgarth jumped Jacobs, or even better, if Jacobs jumped Westgarth. Instead, I'm just aggravated.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Fehr -- #nHL expects players to accept owners proposal 'to the comma'

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Bill Daly:"PA give us 17 issues on players contract last week. We have a deal, or made progress on 14 of them.

Fehr's spin is getting exposed every chance NHL can

Old
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
BBSeabs27

If you haven't read Bob McKenzie's most recent article about the lockout it explains a lot about why negotiations are where they're at. Players asking for a lot of money here and really don't want to compromise at all. In defense of the PA though, the owners should've given this "Make Whole" proposal back in October to save the 82 game season. Still am more on the Owners side than the players. PA has yet to show they are willing to compromise and show they want to save the season and the league's reputation.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Fire Fehr today

give Bettman a get go when all is said and done

Old
11-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

If you go and look around and read whats out there it's clear that Fehr has no interest in a deal getting done and wants to drag this out for as long as possible, get this thing as messy as possible and even have it go backwards if possible simply in the name of himself.

The latest NHL proposal was almost everything the players wanted, the Make Whole was going to be paid completely by the owners and done so by year 3 with interest. The players where actually going to make more money in the end for taking less now and Fehr turns it down as if it's a slap in the face.

Fehr only cares about Fehr! and NOTHING ELSE! not the owners, not the game not even his own clients. He will sell their careers up the river to make himself look more powerful and better off. He doesn't care about them or the sport he could ruin the NHL and completely fold the league and if he did so where the story was told Fehr breaks the NHL he would be all for it. Great Fehr wins. Yet this is who the NHLPA has decided to work for them, someone who would piss on their faces and tell them it's raining if it got him some pub. I thought NHL players where smarter then this but clearly their dumb and greedy and not much else.

Fehr is going to continue to drag this out for as long as he can no matter what and unless the players get wise and get rid of him there will be no more NHL for a LONG time.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

long post in short = Fire Fehr to get a new CBA

Old
11-12-2012, 07:22 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
long post in short = Fire Fehr to get a new CBA
What do we do about Jacobs though?

Can we send the two of them sailing together somewhere?

Old
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
BBSeabs27

I've just prepared myself for the loss of a season. Not going to be optimistic until I hear the words from Bettman AND Fehr's mouths "we have a deal in place."

Old
11-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Yeah, the season's lost.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Anyone else come to grips with it and have just sorta shrugged it off? Was real upset in 05, but this lockout... just meh. Hoping it doesn't kill my love for the Hawks, but I can already feeling myself slipping.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Anyone else come to grips with it and have just sorta shrugged it off? Was real upset in 05, but this lockout... just meh. Hoping it doesn't kill my love for the Hawks, but I can already feeling myself slipping.
That probably sums up how I feel about the rest of the league, but I still love the Hawks...

Old
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Yep, feel the same way.

Closed Thread