HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
  #201
backdoorpass
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Are we talking at draft day, or hindsight? Because Coyle, Bjugstad, Tinordi, Etem etc have been doing well since.
draft day

backdoorpass is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM
  #202
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Are we talking at draft day, or hindsight? Because Coyle, Bjugstad, Tinordi, Etem etc have been doing well since.
more so draft day. from 16-25 there's only Bjugstad there you could have made a case for picking. Rundblad is an equivalent or better prospect than just about all those guys anyway.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
  #203
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
draft day
Yeah, I understood that's what you were referring to, but the next post was saying that there are no good players aside from Russians after Forbort, which in hindsight isn't really true.

It's funny this decision is being so heavily discussed, really goes to show that the decisions made at the last four or so drafts have been terrific.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
more so draft day. from 16-25 there's only Bjugstad there you could have made a case for picking. Rundblad is an equivalent or better prospect than just about all those guys anyway.
Got it. Agreed.

sg58 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
  #204
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The asking price was also Zibanejad, a 6th overall. You're being vague. The asking price was a top prospect. We likely weren't getting Turris for anything but Zibanejad or Turris and it's folly to suggest anything otherwise.
He means 2012. Murray specifically said that Phoenix asked for the 2012 1st Rd pick, to which Murray declined. (At the time we were bottom 10 in the league I believe).

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:34 AM
  #205
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
You'll probably come to realize he's everything that's beautiful about the game. Very few guys in the game I'd prefer to watch over him.
You were pimping this guy when most of us were cautious about him even having a successful career. Winning/Stanley Cup is important, but being entertained is also a huge reason why we watch hockey, and Karlsson's is as entertaining as anyone.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:38 AM
  #206
simplefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
For the deseperate hockey lovers

Here's the link to watch Spezza highlights: in french, towards the end of the video

Lugano vs Lakers - Spezza (2g, 2a)

http://www.bluewin.ch/fr/index.php/9...sset_id=130349

Towards 22:00


Last edited by simplefan: 10-07-2012 at 11:44 AM.
simplefan is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:09 PM
  #207
Fat Doctor
Registered User
 
Fat Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Jokerit wins Lukko 3-2 in OT. Karlsson played about 27 minutes, 12 shots, 0+0 and +1. He had and created a lot of chances but no result. Otherwise a great game by him. Teemu Eronen shines again, 1+0.

Fat Doctor is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:23 PM
  #208
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods
 
HenrySpezzaThoreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Here's the link to watch Spezza highlights: in french, towards the end of the video

Lugano vs Lakers - Spezza (2g, 2a)

http://www.bluewin.ch/fr/index.php/9...sset_id=130349

Towards 22:00
Nice, thank you! I find it awesome that Spezz is playing the point on the powerplay for them.

HenrySpezzaThoreau is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
  #209
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
You can't do that!
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,194
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Jokerit wins Lukko 3-2 in OT. Karlsson played about 27 minutes, 12 shots, 0+0 and +1. He had and created a lot of chances but no result. Otherwise a great game by him. Teemu Eronen shines again, 1+0.
Are YOU Teemu Eronen?

__________________
I DON'T WANT TO TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE LA SPARKS
hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:25 PM
  #210
Fat Doctor
Registered User
 
Fat Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Are YOU Teemu Eronen?
I wish, so I wouldnt have to work in a warehouse. Eronen plays with Karlsson, Erik's had a positive impact on Teemu.

Fat Doctor is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
  #211
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
12 shots, 0+0 and +1. He had and created a lot of chances but no result
What's the chance of him leading the league in shots before the lockout ends?

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
  #212
Fat Doctor
Registered User
 
Fat Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
What's the chance of him leading the league in shots before the lockout ends?
He is now 20th in shots with 41, the first one (Radek Smolenak) has 67 shots.

Erik has played 5 games, 19 guys ahead of him have played 9-10 games. So it shouldnt take long.

Fat Doctor is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 02:08 PM
  #213
testinz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
How was Jokerit doing before Karlsson join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Thought I'd put Erik Karlsson stats here while he's playing in FEL for Jokerit.

SEP 29, 2012: HPK @ JOKERIT 1 -5
G 1, A 0, P 1, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 9, TOI 23:15

OCT 2, 2012: JOKERIT @ KÄRPÄT 2 - 4
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- 0, PIM 0, S 7, TOI 27:10

OCT 4, 2012: HIFK @ JOKERIT 2 - 4
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- +2, PIM 0, S 8, TOI 31:41

OCT 5, 2012: JOKERIT @ TAPPARA 5 - 3
G 0, A 2, P 2, +/- +3, PIM 0, S 5, TOI 22:24

After four games, he has 1 goal and 4 assists, 5 pts, +/- +6. Karlsson's average ice time 26:07.

testinz is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 02:52 PM
  #214
Zamuz
Registered User
 
Zamuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
Probably old news or not

Kyle Turris will be playing for Oulun Kärpät in SM-liiga.

Zamuz is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:58 PM
  #215
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
You were pimping this guy when most of us were cautious about him even having a successful career. Winning/Stanley Cup is important, but being entertained is also a huge reason why we watch hockey, and Karlsson's is as entertaining as anyone.
Pre-season against Montreal that year, it was the first time I really saw him play. He picked up a pick off the boards, walked the line in that fluid float like he does, clapped the ice to fake a shot and whisseled a shot well wide of the net. He did it in a way that you'll rarely ever see a rookie dman do it, a 19 year old stick boy from Sweden, no less. And then he kept doing things in that manner. I was a casual fan at best before he came, believe it or not. Fun to watch others enjoy him as well.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:25 PM
  #216
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,168
vCash: 50
Karlsson is a ****ing gorgeous man.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:44 PM
  #217
teme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Jokerit fan praising one of his own to high heavens, how cute. There's a reason why he was drafted on round 7. I'll be surprised if he ever makes it to NHL, but maybe Karlsson will have positive influence and give him a little push.
Never was a fan of Eronen, and was bit suprised he was drafted at all, but I've been experiencing a conversion eerily similar to one I had with young Kimmo Timonen. Eronen is smallish, and his shot could be better, but otherwise he is just very good, young and keeps getting better and better. If I had to bet on it, I'dd say he'll be a NHL regular in few years.

teme is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 03:04 AM
  #218
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by testinz View Post
How was Jokerit doing before Karlsson join?
Before Karlsson Jokerit had played 5 games, 2 wins (1 in shootout), 3 losses. After Karlsson, 5 games, 4 wins (1 in OT yesterday), 1 loss. He really has had an impact. Also, Detroit's Valtteri Filppula joined Jokerit just a couple of games before Karlsson so he's had a big impact also. It's not just Karlsson but he's maybe the biggest factor for wins.

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 03:52 AM
  #219
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
OCT 7, 2012: LUKKO @ JOKERIT 2 - 3 OT
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 12, TOI 27:05

After 5 games, he has 1 goal and 4 assists, 5 pts, +/- +7. Karlsson's average ice time 26:19.

Highlights from yesterday's game below. Look at Karlsson's moves at 0:35. And the kid is just 22?!?

Jarkko Ruutu scored for the winner in OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcCExSemFCs

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 03:54 AM
  #220
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Its sick how another fan base gets to appreciate how truly amazing Karlsson is without us having to lose him. lol

WasTeD is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 06:04 AM
  #221
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 39,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Before Karlsson Jokerit had played 5 games, 2 wins (1 in shootout), 3 losses. After Karlsson, 5 games, 4 wins (1 in OT yesterday), 1 loss. He really has had an impact. Also, Detroit's Valtteri Filppula joined Jokerit just a couple of games before Karlsson so he's had a big impact also. It's not just Karlsson but he's maybe the biggest factor for wins.
It should be noted Jokerit had a lot of suspensions, including their coaches, during the first rounds and they're still plagued by injuries.

Jussi is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 06:22 AM
  #222
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Its sick how another fan base gets to appreciate how truly amazing Karlsson is without us having to lose him. lol
Yeah, a win-win-situation in that aspect!

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 10:58 AM
  #223
Mathieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
OCT 7, 2012: LUKKO @ JOKERIT 2 - 3 OT
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 12, TOI 27:05

After 5 games, he has 1 goal and 4 assists, 5 pts, +/- +7. Karlsson's average ice time 26:19.

Highlights from yesterday's game below. Look at Karlsson's moves at 0:35. And the kid is just 22?!?

Jarkko Ruutu scored for the winner in OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcCExSemFCs
Was it Karlsson who made that pass to Ruutu as well ?

Mathieu is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
  #224
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post

Highlights from yesterday's game below. Look at Karlsson's moves at 0:35. And the kid is just 22?!?

Jarkko Ruutu scored for the winner in OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcCExSemFCs
Lol.

He'll probably only get more brash in that league as time goes along.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
  #225
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 12,305
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The asking price was also Zibanejad, a 6th overall. You're being vague. The asking price was a top prospect. We likely weren't getting Turris for anything but Zibanejad or Turris and it's folly to suggest anything otherwise.
Quote:
Sources say the Coyotes initially wanted a first-round pick, but the Senators refused and sweetened the pot by putting in Rundblad.
http://m.torontosun.com/2011/12/17/t...s-for-rundblad



Please provide proof they wanted Zibby.

Qward is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.