HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Four Closes 9/30] [Part Two] COL Open

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
  #426
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Absolutely not. Look at Columbus. He's doing very well man vs man. His team would probably lose a lot of games in sims, and if I were him would be pretty upset if I didn't make the playoffs due to simming.'

EDIT: I just seems stupid that they didn't include an option for a shorter season for leagues that don't want to sim anything.
Columbus is doing well because of the sim.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  #427
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Absolutely not. Look at Columbus. He's doing very well man vs man. His team would probably lose a lot of games in sims, and if I were him would be pretty upset if I didn't make the playoffs due to simming.
Sure, and I have a 4-2-2 record as the Islanders...I don't expect that winning percentage to go up with the CPU handling things either.

But that's the point of the GM mode--teams have different goals / expectations / constraints, etc., unless you're in a league with a fantasy draft, it is a little silly to use GM mode to measure person v. person skills, isn't it?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  #428
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Columbus is doing well because of the sim.
QFT, he did get the sim win over me since he couldn't make our scheduled game.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  #429
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
That's not guaranteed.

In Be A GM mode in my first season, I saw a bunch of really crappy teams making the playoffs.
Columbus finished 1st in the West and made it to the conference finals in my 1st season.


EA still hasn't perfected the simming engine. Good teams/players often get screwed by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Columbus is doing well because of the sim.
I wonder why...

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
  #430
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Sure, and I have a 4-2-2 record as the Islanders...I don't expect that winning percentage to go up with the CPU handling things either.

But that's the point of the GM mode--teams have different goals / expectations / constraints, etc., unless you're in a league with a fantasy draft, it is a little silly to use GM mode to measure person v. person skills, isn't it?
Now a 30 person fantasy draft league woulda been nuts. We...we should try this. It would take like 5 hours to do though, lol.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #431
teegale
Hartnell Down!
 
teegale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
He really wouldn't have any right to be upset, considering we've had that rule set in stone before the league even started. If it was that big of an issue it should have been brought up before we started.
I guess I just gave EA too much credit and would assume they know that not everyone has time to play an 82 game season but also doesn't want to sim games. Seems too reasonable to be included in an EA title.

teegale is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #432
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Now a 30 person fantasy draft league woulda been nuts. We...we should try this.
It doesn't work.
EA stated long before the game came out that there would be no fantasy draft option for GM connected. Instead, it gives an option to set random rosters for every team (and the game tries to make the teams balanced).

Nuckles is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #433
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 500
EDIT: Beat me to it.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
  #434
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I guess I just gave EA too much credit and would assume they know that not everyone has time to play an 82 game season but also doesn't want to sim games. Seems too reasonable to be included in an EA title.
It'd be far too hard for them to set this up. Would you play the first 30 games of the season? How would it work? What if you only played teams in your division once or twice, while the others got to play inner division games 5+ times. That wouldn't really be fair.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  #435
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
It doesn't work.
EA stated long before the game came out that there would be no fantasy draft option for GM connected. Instead, it gives an option to set random rosters for every team (and the game tries to make the teams balanced).
Well that just sucks.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  #436
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I guess I just gave EA too much credit and would assume they know that not everyone has time to play an 82 game season but also doesn't want to sim games. Seems too reasonable to be included in an EA title.
Dude, your team should easily be able to make the playoffs.
Stop worrying.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  #437
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 500
I don't see the big deal. There are quite a few leagues that are playing every game. I'm in a few. They are fun...but you also know that you can only get through 2, maybe 3 seasons total.

This will allow us to do a bit more. That's why I like it better.


Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
  #438
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I guess I just gave EA too much credit and would assume they know that not everyone has time to play an 82 game season but also doesn't want to sim games. Seems too reasonable to be included in an EA title.
The bigger problem is the prohibitive schedule, if you were limited to say 20 game periods instead of 2 weeks of the schedule there is a bit more flexibility. Leagues are always going to have guys who have more time then others, so you can't give too much time for each period because then the guys who are super active play all their games and sit on their hands.

McNasty is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:03 PM
  #439
teegale
Hartnell Down!
 
teegale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Dude, your team should easily be able to make the playoffs.
Stop worrying.
I'm not concerned about my team. I'm concerned for the bubble teams who are good man vs man. I'm not knocking the league. Just wishing EA put some more thought in this.

teegale is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
  #440
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 50
3 1


Definitely my worst game so far. I got decimated, I only had a few shots on goal.

I'm a miserable 1-3-2

gg PP

Jray42 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:10 PM
  #441
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
3 1


Definitely my worst game so far. I got decimated, I only had a few shots on goal.

I'm a miserable 1-3-2

gg PP
I'll be nice and play Bobrovsky instead of Luongo.
Maybe even play Brian Lee instead of Aucoin.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:12 PM
  #442
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I'm not concerned about my team. I'm concerned for the bubble teams who are good man vs man. I'm not knocking the league. Just wishing EA put some more thought in this.
But isn't GM mode supposed to measure skill at team-building / organizational membership...not just on-ice play?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:13 PM
  #443
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
But isn't GM mode supposed to measure skill at team-building / organizational membership...not just on-ice play?
True dat brotha

Nuckles is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
  #444
PF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
- 2
- 1

Hedberg gets a win while Brodeur rests. If it makes HC feel any better Elias ran Miller way worse than Bitz did against Bryz.

Elias got 2 goals, pretty good for a guy who I thought HC killed in the previous game.

PF is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
  #445
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
- 2
- 1

Hedberg gets a win while Brodeur rests. If it makes HC feel any better Elias ran Miller way worse than Bitz did against Bryz.

Elias got 2 goals, pretty good for a guy who I thought HC killed in the previous game.
That guy was still playing? I thought I killed him too.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  #446
PF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
That guy was still playing? I thought I killed him too.
He left that game but wasn't injured somehow.

PF is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:20 PM
  #447
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 500
The 10 games we play at the end is to help out people getting screwed by the sim

thelos is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
  #448
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
The 10 games we play at the end is to help out people getting screwed by the sim

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
  #449
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I'll be nice and play Bobrovsky instead of Luongo.
Maybe even play Brian Lee instead of Aucoin.
I still lost in OT


If I get penalized one more time for something the computer does, I'll scream. I wasn't even controlling Duchene when he took that OT penalty

Jray42 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
  #450
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,131
vCash: 50
3 - 2
in overtime


Duchene scored such a bull**** goal with 38 seconds left in the 3rd (tied 1-1) to take the lead. The goalie AI is so dumb. Bobrovsky came out to play the puck when he really shouldn't have, and Duchene poked it in for an easy goal.

Thankfully I have superstar Chris Higgins who sniped it in before the clock ran out to send it to overtime.

Nuckles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.