Notices

Lucic signs extension 3yrs @ $6mil per year

Old
09-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Lucic signs extension 3yrs @ $6mil per year

Details to follow sometime today. I hope this is true. I love the long term stability that PC has put in place here.

MOD EDIT : Here's the link http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=641539

Last edited by doubleminor138: 09-15-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

It's on Dupont tweeter. Bruins and Lucic agreed to a new deal. We don't know the details, yet.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
What's your guess regarding $$$ Latrappe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
It's on Dupont tweeter. Bruins and Lucic agreed to a new deal. We don't know the details, yet.

I'm thinking 5.5-6.0 X 6 years.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Beesfan

If true, I'm guessing 6 years at 5.25 million/year.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:50 AM
xgallantx
Smart enough to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Those numbers would be great, I'm think a little higher (5.75 per)

xgallantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
Details to follow sometime today. I hope this is true. I love the long term stability that PC has put in place here.
Oh please, don`t go overboard Taz, he let Pouliot go for merely peanuts

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

This ends an excellent summer for Chia!

I'm guessing 6y/34M.

Now, only Horton, Caron, Ference, Rask and Khudobin are without contract after next season. The core is locked.

Well done!

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post

I'm guessing 6y/34M.

Now, only Horton, Caron, Ference, Rask and Khudobin are without contract after next season. The core is locked.

Well done!
Rask have a one year deal. Core is not locked...

Old
09-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
You have worries he won't?

Old
09-15-2012, 07:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

I'm guessing 6y/34M.

Well done!
So funny that for the majority of the summer there was a large portion of the fan base here pulling their hair out in frustration with Chia`s lack of movement in any direction, especially on the UFA front.

Then, outta the blue, Chia finishes strong, the guy just does things his way, and for the most part, I`m left impressed.

Biggest appreciation I have for him is after years, heck, some could argue decades of watching talent being alienated, have contract holdouts, being traded for shoe laces, Chia steps in, identifies an organizational approach that he believes will lead to success, doesn`t budge from that approach, and here we sit, with an exceptionally solid core of young talent who will remain together for a few more years.

I`m not one bit worried about him re-signing anyone BUT, only if he and his staff believe they are part of that core. Ference, I believe is, Rask is, not sure about Khudobin, probably not too hard to ink Caron for light money, as for Horty???? Man, so many variables that will play into that one
Ask the Hawks if they`d like to have a few members of thier Cup team back in the lineup.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
You have worries he won't?
I'm worried about the new CBA and the numbers they will give to Lucic. I mean... two things will happend: 1- Rask s*** and will be kicked out or 2- Rask will deliever and cost a premium. It's hard to figure what Rask will ask for but when you add all these extensions, the Bruins might have to move someone, in the end. Hope the team won't be silly a give Lucic 6 per...

Old
09-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
So funny that for the majority of the summer there was a large portion of the fan base here pulling their hair out in frustration with Chia`s lack of movement in any direction, especially on the UFA front.

Then, outta the blue, Chia finishes strong, the guy just does things his way, and for the most part, I`m left impressed.

Biggest appreciation I have for him is after years, heck, some could argue decades of watching talent being alienated, have contract holdouts, being traded for shoe laces, Chia steps in, identifies an organizational approach that he believes will lead to success, doesn`t budge from that approach, and here we sit, with an exceptionally solid core of young talent who will remain together for a few more years.

I`m not one bit worried about him re-signing anyone BUT, only if he and his staff believe they are part of that core. Ference, I believe is, Rask is, not sure about Khudobin, probably not too hard to ink Caron for light money, as for Horty???? Man, so many variables that will play into that one
Ask the Hawks if they`d like to have a few members of thier Cup team back in the lineup.
Exactly. No wonder the Bruins have been and will be contenders for years. They have one of the best GM of the league, one of the best coach and one of the best young established core in the NHL.

Enjoy B's fan!

Old
09-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

5.5 over 5 years, get it done Chia!

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
I'm worried about the new CBA and the numbers they will give to Lucic. I mean... two things will happend: 1- Rask s*** ans will be kicked out or 2- Rask will deliever and cost a premium. It's hard to figure what Rask will ask for but when you add all these extensions, the Bruins might have to move someone, in the end. Hope the team won't be silly a give Lucic 6 per...
I'm not worried at all about Rask. Your #1 won't happen. And a premium for a goalie would be around 5-6M long term. He'll basically take Thomas money.

As for Lucic, the lower Chia has signed him, the better, but I have no problem if he went up to 6M for him. Just have unique skills that 30 teams wants and we're the only one that does.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:

I'm guessing 6y/34M.

Well done!
Those are the only players that should be signed, let Johnson and all those other bums walk.

Rask, Horton are the main priorities. Don't sign Horton though until the season is over, see how he does with his concussions and if he shows no signs of it and has a great year, lock him up too. Rask needs to be signed long term anyway, he is the future along with Subban. Rask-Subban tandem has great potential and will hopefully give us another chance at a 1a 1b goalie scenario.

I'd keep Caron if he came cheap, not really my type of player and he is pretty much a fringe third liner at this point and that's what I think his ceiling will be, I don't love or hate him though.

Ference should be back as long as he signs a hometown discount, Ference is a great third pairing D, but if he is too expensive, there should be guys within the system that could replace him like Cross, Button or Bartkowski.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Oh please, don`t go overboard Taz, he let Pouliot go for merely peanuts
Didn't we pick Seth Griffith in the 5th round with that pick?

From what I've read on Griffith, he seems like he has good upside for a player picked that low in the draft.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Those are the only players that should be signed, let Johnson and all those other bums walk.

Rask, Horton are the main priorities. Don't sign Horton though until the season is over, see how he does with his concussions and if he shows no signs of it and has a great year, lock him up too. Rask needs to be signed long term anyway, he is the future along with Subban. Rask-Subban tandem has great potential and will hopefully give us another chance at a 1a 1b goalie scenario.

I'd keep Caron if he came cheap, not really my type of player and he is pretty much a fringe third liner at this point and that's what I think his ceiling will be, I don't love or hate him though.

Ference should be back as long as he signs a hometown discount, Ference is a great third pairing D, but if he is too expensive, there should be guys within the system that could replace him like Cross, Button or Bartkowski.
I was with you until that last sentence, none of those guys could half fill Andrew's jock never mind what he does on the ice.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:47 AM
mikelvl

Quote:
Let's see 2kka steal a playoff game, win a couple of series, and stay healthy for a full season as a number 1 goalie before we break the bank with him

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Let's see 2kka steal a playoff game, win a couple of series, and stay healthy for a full season as a number 1 goalie before we break the bank with him
He stole the series against Buffalo... Health is always tricky. You never know when an injury will occur. You have to remember that goaltending is one of the most demanding position in the game. Using Thomas as the benchmark would be a mistake since, for whatever reason, the guy was able to stay healthy all the time. Thomas is the exception, not the rule.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Tuukka despite that collapse against Philly back in 2010, played great in the Buffalo series. Miller was probably the best goalie from that year or at least right up there in the top 3 and Rask pretty much out-dueled him. He also lead the league in GA and save % that year and he even has had a few good seasons since the past two years.

And Tuukka shouldn't get all the blame from that collapse, that team was abysmal and our top line had Miro Satan on it. Although that Lucic-Krejci-Satan line was pretty good and saved our **** in that Buffalo series, you know your team sucks when a guy like Satan was playing first line minutes.

Tuukka is a great young goalie and still has a ton of potential. He is PROVEN, he had one bad series against the Flyers, which the whole team sucked and half the team we have now wasn't around for that year.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:56 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Also my bet. This would be fantastic.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Also my bet. This would be fantastic.
That would be a huge steal.

Lucic would easily get anything north of 6.0+ on the open market if he was a UFA.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
whatsbruin

Quote:

Ference's worth goes beyond the points, and ice team he eats up.
Like his last contract, he is a "Glue" guy.
Many didn't agree with that comment when Chia used it, but I think if you look
at his last few years, you cannot deny it.

He has so many intangibles, good teammate, sticks up for his teammates, doesn't back down from anyone, and don't forget the wardrobe malfunction. You can make fun of it, but I bet it pumped the team up another notch as well.

I think Ference will be reasonable with his demands.
I got no inside info, just that he seems to be that kind of guy.
Perhaps a little discount provided the B's take care of him after his playing days
are done, with a nice job.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
That would be a huge steal.

Lucic would easily get anything north of 6.0+ on the open market if he was a UFA.
Right but he and all Bruins need to ask themselves if they'd rather get 750k more to play for a crap team or if they want to take a ~15% haircut off market value to stay with a contender.

Personally, I think it Shane Doan was really offered 7M per, some team would have gone bananas for Lucic.

Besides, he's pissed off enough fans in Vancouver, Montreal, Buffalo, and Toronto that it might be a bit awkward to play there.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
The guy who reports it thinks he's getting more than Seguin.

I would hope not... I'm sure Lucic would get well over 6, possibly 7 on market even though he's an RFA next year, but I'm pretty sure he want to stay a career Bruin as much as everyone in Boston does.

Anything less than 5.5 is terrific.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote