HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With the 121st pick, Kings select Nikolai Prokhorkin

Old
06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
With the 121st pick, Kings select Nikolai Prokhorkin

With their fourth-round pick (No. 121 overall) the Kings selected left winger Nikolai Prokhorkin from CSKA of the KHL. Prokhorkin, a native of Russia, turns 19 in August and is listed at 6-foot-2 and 191 pounds. This season, he played 15 games in the KHL, with one goal and one assist, and spent the rest of the season in the Russian junior league.

The website hockeysfuture.com described Prokhorkin this way: “Prokhorkin is another potential top-six forward for this NHL draft from Russia, even if he was already overlooked last year, mostly due to injuries that forced him out of the ice for long time. Prokhorkin is a very skilled player with some grit who can play physically along the boards when needed. More a passer than a scorer, the Chelyabinsk native can play either center or winger. Injuries might be some concern with him as this year, once again, he played only about 30 games in the whole season. But skills-wise, he is a very interesting player with all the tools to make the top-six at the NHL level.”

Here’s a video with some highlights from Prokhorkin (No. 93)…

Best pick of the draft hands down. Kid to me should be a stud. Probably his biggest fan now. Would have taken him in the 2nd without thinking twice and we got him in the 4th. Perfect!

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:24 PM
no name

vCash: 500
This reminds me of when I felt we picked up the steal of the draft in 07 when we picked Pushkarev. I hope this one works out a bit better.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I wanna hear what Lombardi, Futa and Yanetti have to say about this guy. Like whether or not they've got an agreement for him to come overseas, etc.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:33 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I wanna hear what Lombardi, Futa and Yanetti have to say about this guy. Like whether or not they've got an agreement for him to come overseas, etc.
Same. But I also want to hear if they even expected to get him. IMO this was likely a situation of Kings thinking he'd be long gone and him being there and jumping all over him so who knows if they have a plan in place.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Like him already from some of those celebrations. Seems like he has some personality and doesn't mind getting physical.

Same hometown as Voynov as well.

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:55 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Like him already from some of those celebrations. Seems like he has some personality and doesn't mind getting physical.

Same hometown as Voynov as well.
He's been in at least two fights so it wasn't just some fluke thing. But this is the thing that really stands out to me. Russians get a rap for being soft players usually. He's not anything close to that. He also has that tremendous Russian skill. Combining the two could end up for a great player. He's also got size too. 6'2". Haven't heard one bad thing about him at all. Absolutely in LOVE with this pick.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Fat Elvis

Another Kitsyn type Russian player, in where he is big and doesn't shy from contact.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Capn Brown

Porkins!!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Skip to 10:54. Porky makes a guest appearance on some show....if you can call it that. Seems like a really relaxed kid who likes to laugh and have fun.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:23 PM
DontgoZiggy

I like the first fight, holds the other guys visor while he feeds him a cheeky uppercut. Goalscorer you say?

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:28 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I like the first fight, holds the other guys visor while he feeds him a cheeky uppercut. Goalscorer you say?
Check the video in OP. Has some great hilights of him. He looks like such a perfect fit for us. Size, hits, will fight, but has skill. What's there not to like?

Old
06-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Rommel

This kid has no professional contract. That is, Lombardi can put him in Manchester with no problems.

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93769

Slepyshev has signed a professional contract with Metallurg Novokuznetsk until 13/14. Novokuznetsk is one of the worst teams in the KHL, if not the worst .. And has a terrible development for young, who say Kitsyn ..

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=117748

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:37 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Check the video in OP. Has some great hilights of him. He looks like such a perfect fit for us. Size, hits, will fight, but has skill. What's there not to like?
Hopefully the language barrier isn't too much of an obstacle, Lokti and Voynov might help I suppose. I vaguely remember watching a clip a while back with a few of the kings going out to dinner, they spotted one of the russian kids (Lokti or Voynov I think) sitting by himself in a restaurant. I felt so sorry for the kid.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Rommel

Prokhorkin will participate in the CHL Import Draft. He can play in a league of CHL too.

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
losingsand

My favorite pick of the draft as well,
that highlight reel is great. And one thing i noticed about a lot of those plays is that he holds the puck til the very last minute and takes the hit to make the pass. Love that he's not shy about contact and will do take the hit to make a play.

Good hockey size as well.

hope this pick pans out, Kings now are building a nice little stable of russians, i'm sure it's
great for these new russians to come into the system and there already be fellow countrymen there
to acclammate them in

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Hopefully the language barrier isn't too much of an obstacle, Lokti and Voynov might help I suppose. I vaguely remember watching a clip a while back with a few of the kings going out to dinner, they spotted one of the russian kids (Lokti or Voynov I think) sitting by himself in a restaurant. I felt so sorry for the kid.
Yeah, that was Mike Richards' 36 hours thing. Trevor Lewis, Mike Richards and Drew Doughty were out for sushi and Loktionov just so happened to be at the same restaurant, sitting and eating alone. They asked him if he wanted to join them. I felt bad for him too lol

Old
06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Guys.....the Kings can literally put me in the ********* apartment in LA ever and gas money and $5 a day for food and I'd hang out with Lokti forever. Please?

Hopefully Prokhorkin and Lokti can hit it off and Lokti can teach him what little english he knows.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Another Kitsyn type Russian player, in where he is big and doesn't shy from contact.
Speaking of Kitsyn, what's the deal with him?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:54 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Prokhorkin will participate in the CHL Import Draft. He can play in a league of CHL too.
Interesting, that means Lombardi knew he would come overseas and play. That's great to know

Old
06-23-2012, 02:55 PM
kiluj

imho
Prohorkin is very similar to Grigorenko. Both from one team, both are big centers. Grigorenko has a bit more skill, Prohorkin is tougher and better in defence.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:01 PM
losingsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
imho
Prohorkin is very similar to Grigorenko. Both from one team, both are big centers. Grigorenko has a bit more skill, Prohorkin is tougher and better in defence.
fantastic!

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:11 PM
KingLB

Quote:
This kid has no professional contract. That is, Lombardi can put him in Manchester with no problems.

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93769

Slepyshev has signed a professional contract with Metallurg Novokuznetsk until 13/14. Novokuznetsk is one of the worst teams in the KHL, if not the worst .. And has a terrible development for young, who say Kitsyn ..

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=117748
Quote:
I would assume with DL's history of Euro's (especially Russians), he is coming over and will likely be in the OHL....

Quote:
imho
But you might have better insight, have you heard anything?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
kiluj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I would assume with DL's history of Euro's (especially Russians), he is coming over and will likely be in the OHL....

But you might have better insight, have you heard anything?
About the OHL? Sorry, I know nothing. But maybe we'll see some interviews in the coming days.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
KingLB

Quote:
About the OHL? Sorry, I know nothing. But maybe we'll see some interviews in the coming days.
Yea, about him coming over. In the last few years, Loki/Kitsyn/Schumacher (sp?) all came over and played in the OHL.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:38 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Btw, here's the information on the import draft, looks like it's going to be held next Wednesday.

http://www.chl.ca/draft/chl