Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Why did Ylven go back to Norway?

Old
01-29-2012, 09:13 AM
SergeiMakarovStyle

vCash: 500
Why did Ylven go back to Norway?

I dont understand why Ylven went back to Norway and Lørenskog. Sure Lørenskog would probably be a better team with him but for him personaly he would probably not improve.
He said in an interview that he wanted to improve as a player and maybe get more ice time?

The problem is that Ylven is not a 1st og 2nd liner. There are many players in Get Ligaen that are faster and more skilled than him. The only thing he can is to be a 4th liner in the national team and use his strenght and aggression to keep the score 0-0 and give the skilled players on the bench som rest.

In sweden he could play against good teams every week but in Norway there are only a few teams that are good. He made a big mistake by play bakgårdshockey in norway than play in sweden.

I dont know tough how his knee injury had set him back this season, but in my opinion he should fight for a place in Elitserien where everything is professional and not play in Norway where the professionality lacks in every part of the game.

SergeiMakarovStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Well. If he is to develop. He has to be given the chance to play 2nd line or better. I think that's what he wanted. He's got size, so he might learn. Kind of like Franzen.

SirKillalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:13 AM
SergeiMakarovStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Well. If he is to develop. He has to be given the chance to play 2nd line or better. I think that's what he wanted. He's got size, so he might learn. Kind of like Franzen.
If you play in a bad league compared to Elitserien you will not develop, only stagnate.

Its probably easier to get into elitserien playing junior in sweden as he did. To get back you really need to dominate in Get Ligaen and I dont see how he could do that with lack of skill.

Old
07-19-2012, 06:38 AM
SergeiMakarovStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Now hes not even in the national team anymore. He did a bad choice going back to Norway.

Old
12-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiMakarovStyle View Post
If you play in a bad league compared to Elitserien you will not develop, only stagnate.

Its probably easier to get into elitserien playing junior in sweden as he did. To get back you really need to dominate in Get Ligaen and I dont see how he could do that with lack of skill.
Think in general it's easier getting into Elitserien from GET than from the Swedish juniors, unless you are generation (Norwegian speaking) talent. None of the 13 players (appart from Nørstebø that just got promoted) made the grades from juniors to SEL, and we send most of the top talents to the Swedish junior system. That said it Ylven probably made a poor move, but it was a mutual agreement so we don't really now. His problem again is that the road to the national team goes through play in SEL or at least Allsvenskan, and the road to SEL normally goes from playing in the national team. The ones that can crack that riddle is a fix. Robin Dahlstrøm is on to something, mediocre in both GET and Allsvenskan and seeing an increasing number of pre season national games. But if you are young and excel in GET you'll get attention from Sweden. Ylven is a difficult case though. He a circus artist!? without a scene at the moment. Loved but not desired. Would be nice to see him in the AHL if someone would let him.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote