HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Fog Devils?

View Poll Results: St. John's Fog Devils?
Good name 4 16.67%
Don't care/ Doesn't bother you 2 8.33%
Crappy name 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
alecfromtherock

vCash: 500
Fog Devils?

I would like to know what people from Newfoundland and Labrador and the rest of the QMJHL fans think of the name Fog Devils for the St. Johnís expansion team.

Old
01-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Adele

[QUOTE=alecfromtherock]I would like to know what people from Newfoundland and Labrador and the rest of the QMJHL fans think of the name Fog Devils for the St. Johnís expansion team

The name itself doesn't appeal so they will have to come up with a great logo in order for the name to catch on. Dobbin has picked a small advertising company to do the work (in last night's Telegram). Hopefully, they are capable of turning a weird name into a catchy logo. Good luck to them!!!

Old
01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Chootoi

i picture a demon fisherman of sorts with a yellow raincoat and hat. oh and a hockey stick. can't forget what sport they're playing here.

worst. name. ever.

Saint John is having a name the team contest too(nothing good ever comes from these). In today's Saint John Telegraph-Journal newspaper, here are some of the names they've received.....and liked.

Seagulls (terrible)
Loyalists (not bad but too old fashioned)
Beavers (i could see that)
Harbour Seals (again....terrible)
Silver Bullets (as a sponsor tie-in from Coors, like the Mooseheads, did I mention...terrible?)
Oilers (after the Irving Oil stamp on the city - decent)
Maple Leafs (after maple leaf foods - ummmm... no)

what's wrong with simple one word team names? flames, hawks, etc... why must everything be straight out of saturday afternoon cartoons? (fire-breathing Sabretoothed ice ducks).

marketing i guess

Old
01-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Joe Canadian

I'm anxious to see what they come up with for a logo, but the name sucks. They had a contest, and it's almost as if they blindly drew a name out of a hat and said lets name it this. Sad thing is they had marketing people help pick the name...

With this name, and the treatment of Stanford, I'm not feeling very confident about Dobbin's ownership skills.

Old
01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Frankie

i think its pretty bad. i don't know what they were thinking when they picked this.

i wonder too why we just can't have a normal decent name. why couldn't they just call them the capitals?

Old
01-20-2005, 08:06 AM
sveiglar

Bad name, but in three to five years nobody will think anything of it, especially if they manage to hit a home run with the logo and colour scheme.

Old
01-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Scintillating

Stupid, stupid name. But they will probably come just be known as 'the Devils' to the local fans. Hopefully they can stay away from the aforementioned 'satanic Captain HighLiner' logo...

Old
01-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Blackshad

Worst name ever..

Closed Thread