Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football

Best RBs for 2013-2014 Season

Old
11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

vCash: 500
Best RBs for 2013-2014 Season

I know very little about fantasy football. In fact, I've thrown in the towel on my team this season. However, we keep three players moving forward and I'm trying to swing a deal for an elite RB to be my third keeper (Brees and MJD being my first two... not bad for a 12-player league if you ask me).

I can't acquire Foster but I can get one of Forte, Lynch, Morris, and probably a number of others.

How would you rank the top ten RBs for next season and who would you recommend I go after via trade?

Thanks.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

1. Foster
2. Peterson
3. Rice
4. McCoy
5. Richardson
6. Charles
7. Martin
8. Spiller
9. Lynch
10. MJD/Forte

I just can't put Alfred Morris in my top 10. Shanahan will probably find a new toy at RB next year. He always does.

Now obviously injuries, player movement, draft, coaching changes, etc between now and next August could change things.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Trap Jesus

1. Foster
2. Peterson
3. Rice
4. Martin
5. Richardson
6. Lynch
7. McCoy
8. Gore
9. Forte
10. Jones-Drew

I'm pretty big on Martin, Lynch and Gore due to reliability and consistency. They all look like guys that are going to continue to be very reliable week in and week out, and are huge parts of their offense. Gore is getting up htere in years though so he may not be the best option for a keeper. Still, he doesn't look like he'll slow down for next year.

I think we'll see huge changes in Philly so I'm a bit unsure on McCoy right now.

If Cleveland adds some pieces to the offense to make Cleveland a better team, I may even put Richardson higher. There's still a little bit of a worry for me that they'll have to keep passing if they're down though.

I think all of these guys could potentially go in the first in most drafts though. The market for top RBs looks a lot stronger for next year than it was at draft time last year.

Last edited by Trap Jesus: 11-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 08:04 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I would go after rice, Martin, Richardson, or Peterson. Possibly lynch too.

Depends on if you have ppr though as well.

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Thanks mates. Much appreciated.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM
BGDDYKWL

I think the first guy I'd target is Spiller. You'll be able to get him much cheaper than TRich, Martin, Rice, McCoy, etc. I feel like Jackson will be phased out quite a bit next year, opening the door for Spiller to have a huge year. Bit of a gamble there though obviously if you don't think that'll happen. Another guy I'd target is Mathews. His owner is likely sick of him, he hasn't even had a good year, and if Norv's gone next year I have a feeling Mathews has the year everyone thought he would in 2012.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Anyone knowing anything about RBs in the upcoming draft?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Anyone knowing anything about RBs in the upcoming draft?
It looks like a pretty weak class. I would have said Marcus Lattimore was the only one there that could have immediately come in to the NFL and made an impact, but then he suffered that injury, his stock plummeted, and I don't know what to expect for him, both now and in the future.

The next biggest names are Joseph Randle and Giovanni Bernard, both guys who may not even go in the first round (although I bet at least one will go in the first). Personally I like Randle more, but this class looks much weaker than last year's.

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote