Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey Collection Thread

Old
03-12-2014, 12:15 AM
wpglax

vCash: 500

Had to pull a few out of the closet to get em all in 1 picture, but that's where I'm at right now, with a little help from the recent JetsGEAR gift cards

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post

Had to pull a few out of the closet to get em all in 1 picture, but that's where I'm at right now, with a little help from the recent JetsGEAR gift cards
What the ****?!?! That's some collection. Ever gonna branch out and get some other teams' jersey's? Like favorite players and unique jerseys?

Duke749 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 08:15 AM
wpglax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna49 View Post
What the ****?!?! That's some collection. Ever gonna branch out and get some other teams' jersey's? Like favorite players and unique jerseys?
Maybe eventually, i've got a couple other jerseys in the closet from when we didn't have the jets, but nothing on em .. hoping the jets pick up someone from the moose days so I can get my moose jersey customized too

Old
03-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Sabadecade
Die Hard Jets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordski View Post
Based on his number, whoever this Minou fellow is, he seems to be unoriginal and has a somewhat dirty mind.

I saw a student wearing a Modano North Stars jersey today, I must say I was a little bit jealous.
Being french, the original owner that customized that jersey definitely had a dirty mind.
Not just because of the number but the name as well...
Minou is a french word for baby cat (a.k.a. *****cat )

Sabadecade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:16 PM
MrGrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjay View Post
Hey blues10. They didn't sell any of the pre-game worn jerseys yet. They're all up for auction online. Auctions end next Sunday night. Here's the link. http://goo.gl/KraxQo
Holy smokes... the Trouba "pre-game" worn is going for $3,500+

MrGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:55 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrinch View Post
I hope the people spending that kind of money actually looked at those jerseys.

They are the "made in Indonesia" jerseys ( green ring on the inside of the neck ) and are no where near the quality of workmanship compared to what the players wear in a game. To each his own, and I know they are rarer, but when you can spend $500 - $1500 on a real game worn jersey.... $3,500 is a bit much IMO.

Last edited by cbcwpg: 03-16-2014 at 04:00 PM.
cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:02 PM
blues10

Quote:
Some pretty crazy prices but the money certainly goes to a good place with the True North Foundation.

Trouba is probably bidding on it himself.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:11 PM
MrGrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
They are the "made in Indonesia" jerseys ( green ring on the inside of the neck ) and are no where near the quality of workmanship compared to what the players wear in a game.
Are you certain on this? The ones that I have seen have a green ring but the tag on the neck says "Made in Canada" with a Canada flag. But agree, $3500 is just too much.

I'm guessing one can probably email the club and get put on a list to purchase a game-worn for half this amount. Realize its a rookie jersey, but none sell on the Jets website for more than $1,500.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:12 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Some pretty crazy prices but the money certainly goes to a good place with the True North Foundation.

Trouba is probably bidding on it himself.
It is good the money is going to the foundation. I just wish if people were going to spend that kind of money they would get something really good for it. A jersey they can point to and say this is the exact same thing the players would wear in a game.

The other strange thing is the Jets don't wear the specialty jerseys in a game, so they could be called "game worn". Not sure why they don't...

Last edited by cbcwpg: 03-16-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old
03-16-2014, 04:20 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Are you certain on this? The ones that I have seen have a green ring but the tag on the neck says "Made in Canada" with a Canada flag. But agree, $3500 is just too much.

I'm guessing one can probably email the club and get put on a list to purchase a game-worn for half this amount. Realize its a rookie jersey, but none sell on the Jets website for more than $1,500.
Sorry, you could be right. I was thinking of the year 1 and 2 jerseys. They may have moved the operations to Canada starting this year because they did have bad quality problems.

There still is a difference in quality. I went to the store to look at them and they feel paper thin and nothing like what they wear in a game. I own a game worn and it's really a world of difference.

I did ask the Jets about the rookie game worn jerseys and I'm still waiting back to hear back. My guess is the players Trouba and Schif are keeping their set #1 jerseys and maybe set #2 will be put on sale.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:31 PM
blues10

Quote:
Sorry, you could be right. I was thinking of the year 1 and 2 jerseys. They may have moved the operations to Canada starting this year because they did have bad quality problems.

There still is a difference in quality. I went to the store to look at them and they feel paper thin and nothing like what they wear in a game. I own a game worn and it's really a world of difference.

I did ask the Jets about the rookie game worn jerseys and I'm still waiting back to hear back. My guess is the players Trouba and Schif are keeping their set #1 jerseys and maybe set #2 will be put on sale.
They may have been pre-sold to someone or the Jets may have decided to keep them for themselves or the player. It will be interesing to see what the Jets response is.

I was a able to pick up the home set #1 2011-2012 game worn #55 Scheifele pre-official rookie jersey if you will. The attraction to me being that it was the jersey Scheifele wore during the Winnipeg Jets 1st ever home win vs. the Penguins and has the innagural season patch.

I know the Jets sold his #45 pre-season jersey and his #55 set 1 road jersey which he wore when scoring his 1st NHL goal against the Leafs. I don't know what became of the #55 "Innagural Game Patch" jersey from the Habs game in the 1st season.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:39 PM
blues10

Quote:

The Jets charged me $2500 for a #55 Set 1 home game worn jersey from the Jets first year back in the league. Other players jerseys were also selling for $2500. They have since lowered their prices from the innagural season. The $500 jerseys are quite reasonable.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Jroads

Quote:

Yeah they are made in Canada. They are basically pro weight practice jerseys with pro patches and lettering. The reason they are paper thin is because they are dye sublimated jerseys (like European jerseys, so they can get the camo color). but they do have some good weight to them and I love my Ladd Armed Forces Night jersey. But I also liked paying 399 for one at Jets Gear for the same jersey that is already over 800 that was worn in warm ups. But to each his own. I'm glad True North is making some money and hopefully this will make them want to do more jersey auctions next season.

Jroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:55 PM
MrGrinch

Quote:
The Jets charged me $2500 for a #55 Set 1 home game worn jersey from the Jets first year back in the league. Other players jerseys were also selling for $2500. They have since lowered their prices from the innagural season. The $500 jerseys are quite reasonable.
Agree, you are correct on this. I recall them selling a lot higher back then. And in a way I think they should as they were the inaugural year set. Good catch on this jersey!

I won the Oct 6 STH jersey off our back game-worn Pavelec jersey and as others are saying the pro quality is great. I also have #42/400 2014 military jersey and while the weight isn't as much as the game-worn its actually a pretty heavy practice jersey by comparison. The stitching on the numbers and lettering is heavy duty as well.

Old
03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
MrGrinch

Here are a few of my jerseys. Sorry for all the reflections as these are all in shadow boxes and hard pictures to take! I have a few others not in shadow boxes - 2011 Pavelec autographed, 2014 Winnipeg Jets Military Jersey, 1995 World Juniors Team Ukraine, Rock Band autographed jerseys, etc etc....

Vintage Winnipeg Jets - I think 1995

2011 Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1993 Winnipeg Fury Soccer Club

2013 Winnipeg Jets - Pavelec Game Worn and Game Puck

Old
03-17-2014, 09:41 AM
MrGrinch

Quote:
Some pretty crazy prices but the money certainly goes to a good place with the True North Foundation. Trouba is probably bidding on it himself.
Wow, the Trouba jersey ended up going for $3,720 with 76 bids... that's crazy $$$'s for a warm-up jersey. But like you say all for a good cause.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:28 PM
blues10

Quote:
Wow, the Trouba jersey ended up going for $3,720 with 76 bids... that's crazy $$$'s for a warm-up jersey. But like you say all for a good cause.
I can't believe it went for that much. The demand was obviously very high for a unique jersey.

Old
03-26-2014, 04:47 PM
JCLiponfanboy*

Omg that Perrin Jersey though...
But this thread makes me sad, because all I have is an Iginla Jersey. I'm trying to save up for a JC Lipon Icecaps Jersey but I am only getting limited work hours, so It'll take a while.

Last edited by JCLiponfanboy*: 03-26-2014 at 04:53 PM.
JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 10:36 PM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
A Winnipeg Fury jersey? Wow, that takes me back.

Had a birthday a little while ago, wife decided to get me something nice:

Yes, it's directly from GNR.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Repoman

No Winnipeg Thunder jersey?!?

Repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2015, 04:04 PM
wpglax

Thought this may be the place to pose this question;

Does anyone know where I may be able to find patches from the Manitoba Moose days, for the 5, 10 and 15 year anniversaries? Checked at Joe Daly's with no success.

Old
02-11-2015, 02:58 PM
flyingjay

vCash: 50
I just picked up the Pavelec gameworn/autographed jersey from the Jets Rewards contest (with a Jets certificate of Authenticity). I'm thinking of framing it...but it's freaking huge!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a trade? I would love to get a Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Buff, Trouba, or Scheif gameworn.

flyingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 03:59 PM
AustonMitchWilly

vCash: 485
Anyone want to sell their Evander Kane jersey? I'll buy it from the person who offers it to me for the cheapest!

AustonMitchWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 50
I've been collecting Winnipeg Jets 1st round draft pick junior/NCAA jerseys. Figured I'd show them off here .

Just need to get my hands on a Prince Albert/Morrissey jersey.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about having two first round draft picks this year. Don't know if my bank account can handle it .

Mathil8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2015, 01:27 AM
alchemyindex
vereor nox

vCash: 138
Just have a couple:

Ladd jersey from the 1st season with inaugural patch
Bogo jersey I got for 60% off when he was traded
Pietrangelo alternate St. Louis jersey
Blank Team Canada (the one that they wore at World Jrs this year)

alchemyindex is offline   Reply With Quote