HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #18

View Poll Results: #18
MacKenzie MacEachern, LW 12 35.29%
Sergei Andronov, RW 3 8.82%
Cody Beach, RW 2 5.88%
Ryan Tesink, C/LW 11 32.35%
Anthony Nigro, C 0 0%
Jordan Binnington, G 1 2.94%
Colten Parayko, D 0 0%
Tyrel Seaman, C 0 0%
Teemu Eronen, D 1 2.94%
Paul Karpowich, G 0 0%
Stefan Della Rovere, LW 2 5.88%
Niklas Lundstrom, G 0 0%
Mark Cundari, D 0 0%
Nick Walters, D 0 0%
Francois Tremblay, G 0 0%
Jay Barriball, RW 0 0%
David Shields, D 0 0%
Petteri Lindbohm, D 1 2.94%
Max Gardiner, C 0 0%
Brett Sonne, C 0 0%
Max Tardy, C 0 0%
Trevor Nill, C 0 0%
Tyler Shattuck, RW 0 0%
Anthony Peluso, RW 0 0%
OTHER 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2012, 04:33 PM
  #1
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 500
St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #18

Winger Yannick Veilleux grabs the 17th spot with 48.48% of the vote.

Top Prospects
#1 Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, 6'0, 191, 12/13/1991 (92.16%)
#2 Jaden Schwartz, LW, 5'9, 179, 6/25/1992 (92.5%)
#3 Ty Rattie, RW, 6'0, 167, 2/5/1993 (57.38%)
#4 Ian Cole, D, 6'1, 225, 2/21/1989 (75.61%)
#5 Jake Allen, G, 6'2, 195, 8/7/1990 (73.33%)
#6 Jordan Schmaltz, D, 6'2, 170, 10/8/1993 (38.1%)
#7 Jani Hakanpaa, D, 6'5, 218, 3/31/1992 (64.71%)
#8 Cade Fairchild, D, 5'11, 175, 1/15/1989 (61.7%)
#9 Philip McRae, C, 6'2, 200, 3/15/1990 (57.89%)
#10 Sebastian Wannstrom, RW, 6'1, 183, 3/3/1991 (30.95%)
#11 Evgeny Grachev, C/LW, 6'4, 225, 2/21/1990 (38.10%)
(tie) #12 Sam Kurker, RW, 6'2, 198, 4/8/94 (30.0%)
(tie) #12 Jori Lehtera, C, 6'1, 201, 12/23/87 (30.0%)
#14 Joel Edmundson, D, 6'4, 192, 6/28/93 (51.85%)
#15 Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, 6'2, 198, 3/23/93 (40.54%)
#16 Brett Ponich, D, 6'7, 220, 2/22/91 (42.11%)
#17 Yannick Veilleux, LW, 6'2, 190, 2/22/93 (48.48%)

Please both vote and comment on who you'd like to be added, if there's anyone even possible.


Last edited by bluesfan94: 09-26-2012 at 12:53 AM.
bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
  #2
Jzk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 4000
Voted Eronen. He's small but we need someone who can move the puck on the left side something awful.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 07:15 PM
  #3
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,745
vCash: 2616
Tesink again. He'll win one of these days.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
  #4
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Going with Tesink here.

He's off to a good start too. 3 pts in his first 2 games.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 01:26 PM
  #5
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
I went the the high school kid, MM. At this point it's like pulling a name out of a hat. The good news is that even this far down the list there are some players who could make it to the big show.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:53 PM
  #6
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
I went with Tesink here, as his game should mesh with requirements for 3rd or 4th liner in The NHL, IF he continues to develop along his current track. I haven't really seen Andronov play KHL games (other than a few highlights). So, I don't know how the two of them compare as to the chances of succeeding in The NHL. But, based on scouting reports and forum poster comments, I'd guess that Andronov would have NO chance of being an NHL 4th liner, and, thus, have less opportunity to be an NHL-fit than Tesink. So, I went with the latter.

Really, the rest after the two mentioned above, can be put in a hat, and would be a complete crapshoot. There are too many factors and intangibles that could affect their development to rank them with any worth.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:40 PM
  #7
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Going with MacEachern. Considered Eronen as well as Andronov, Parayko, and Beach. I really doubt that Tesink gets signed. He just has to have an incredible season and fill out. I don't have him that high.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:59 PM
  #8
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Isn't Tesink suppose to be very fast? Something that can't be taught. This is his year to get extensive ice time and show what he's got.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  #9
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Isn't Tesink suppose to be very fast? Something that can't be taught. This is his year to get extensive ice time and show what he's got.
There lies the tough part with him. Speed is a very valuable asset. I don't know. I would hope for better goal scoring stats, if he was that fast. Breakaway speed at the junior level should put up more goals I would think. Crapshoot with 4 or 5 guys right now.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
  #10
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
There lies the tough part with him. Speed is a very valuable asset. I don't know. I would hope for better goal scoring stats, if he was that fast. Breakaway speed at the junior level should put up more goals I would think. Crapshoot with 4 or 5 guys right now.
Ryan Johnson was very fast. But, he could hardly score goals. Speed doesn't automatically result in high (or even adequate) scoring totals.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
  #11
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
I remember Tesink being considered a real dark horse in his draft year. I believe I heard a few coaches and scouts saying he could have a very successful NHL career as a top 9 guy. but that's what I remember and I could be quite wrong.

Anyways, went with MacEachern...again...

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:36 PM
  #12
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I remember Tesink being considered a real dark horse in his draft year. I believe I heard a few coaches and scouts saying he could have a very successful NHL career as a top 9 guy. but that's what I remember and I could be quite wrong.

Anyways, went with MacEachern...again...
I remember that, too. I think he could possibly become a good 3rd liner, IF he continues to develop his 2-way game, and gets a lot stronger.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:35 PM
  #13
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,745
vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I remember that, too. I think he could possibly become a good 3rd liner, IF he continues to develop his 2-way game, and gets a lot stronger.
Pretty much. I think of his potential as a poor man's Steen...Or a better version of Porter.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:27 PM
  #14
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Pretty much. I think of his potential as a poor man's Steen...Or a better version of Porter.
More likely the latter, than the former.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
  #15
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Going with MacEachern. Considered Eronen as well as Andronov, Parayko, and Beach. I really doubt that Tesink gets signed. He just has to have an incredible season and fill out. I don't have him that high.
I would be very surprised if Tesink goes unsigned. The kid's an absolute spark plug and is always giving 100%. I see him as having bottom-6 energy line potential in the NHL. I'd also say that he is more offensively skilled than his numbers the previous two seasons would suggest. The Sea Dogs were absolutely loaded offensively those 2 years so he has mainly been used in defensive/checking/energy roles while not getting much of any PP time. Watch the kid play and you'll see why he's a fan favorite. I think it will take him a few years in the minors to round out his game but I see him as having the potential to have a similar impact in the NHL as Sobotka.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
  #16
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Ryan Johnson was very fast. But, he could hardly score goals. Speed doesn't automatically result in high (or even adequate) scoring totals.
You are right that speed doesn't mean points, but Ryan Johnson and Chris Porter are also over 6'1" and over 200 pounds and are defensive specialist. Really not a good comparison. Most of your light weight players ala Steve Sullivan, Doug Gilmour, and Brian Gionta are point getters. Not too many lightweight defensive specialist.

If he can do it, then great for us. I'd love to see a huge year out of him ala Doug Gilmour. I just don't see rating someone that is a smallish third or fourth liner over a 6' 3" center with top 6 potential or third and fourth liners with more ideal size. That's just my opinion right or wrong....

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:13 PM
  #17
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
You are right that speed doesn't mean points, but Ryan Johnson and Chris Porter are also over 6'1" and over 200 pounds and are defensive specialist. Really not a good comparison. Most of your light weight players ala Steve Sullivan, Doug Gilmour, and Brian Gionta are point getters. Not too many lightweight defensive specialist.

If he can do it, then great for us. I'd love to see a huge year out of him ala Doug Gilmour. I just don't see rating someone that is a smallish third or fourth liner over a 6' 3" center with top 6 potential or third and fourth liners with more ideal size. That's just my opinion right or wrong....
But Tesink is 6 ft. tall, and should fill out some. He's not 161 lb any more (maybe, close to 170)-like Rattie. When he fills out, he should be at least 180-185, if not 190. That isn't all that small for a feisty player. He doesn't shy away from contact. An energy line player is , perhaps a cross between a scoring line player and a defensive specialist, at least in terms of scoring potential and defensive ability.

He might be more like a 12-17 goal, 15-20 assist player on an NHL 3rd line, who plays all over the ice and steals the puck, and gets into the opponent's hair, IF he develops well.

I'd rather The Blues have such depth that they have a 6:03 220lb 60 point scorer on the 3rd line, rather than a Tesink type, but, maybe that isn't a realistic expectation given budget restraints.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:20 AM
  #18
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Voted MacEachern. More raw than Tesink but if both develop well then MacEachern is more skilled. I like both players. We're in the area of voting where there's a lot of guesswork. When that happens I prefer to pick guys with the higher end potential.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:52 AM
  #19
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
But Tesink is 6 ft. tall, and should fill out some. He's not 161 lb any more (maybe, close to 170)-like Rattie. When he fills out, he should be at least 180-185, if not 190. That isn't all that small for a feisty player. He doesn't shy away from contact. An energy line player is , perhaps a cross between a scoring line player and a defensive specialist, at least in terms of scoring potential and defensive ability.

He might be more like a 12-17 goal, 15-20 assist player on an NHL 3rd line, who plays all over the ice and steals the puck, and gets into the opponent's hair, IF he develops well.

I'd rather The Blues have such depth that they have a 6:03 220lb 60 point scorer on the 3rd line, rather than a Tesink type, but, maybe that isn't a realistic expectation given budget restraints.
Or if Tesink develops into that type of player, you can just put him on your 4th line and he should do just fine there with the ability to move up lines in the event of injuries like Sobotka does now.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
  #20
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Or if Tesink develops into that type of player, you can just put him on your 4th line and he should do just fine there with the ability to move up lines in the event of injuries like Sobotka does now.
I hope he does develop into a Sobotka. He was a point a game player in the AHL and put up 20+ goals and 20+ assists in 40+ games. I think he will need to be a point a game player in the Q first.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:11 PM
  #21
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I hope he does develop into a Sobotka. He was a point a game player in the AHL and put up 20+ goals and 20+ assists in 40+ games. I think he will need to be a point a game player in the Q first.
Tesink was over a pt/game player in the Q last season and should easily be one this season. He has 5 pts in the Seadogs first 3 games so far this season.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:58 AM
  #22
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Voted for Della Rovere. I'm still holding out hope he can become the player I thought we acquired when we got him.
Honestly, I've never seen any of the guys this far down the list actually play.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.