HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

François Allaire will not return as goalie coach for the Toronto Maple Leafs

Old
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
DaveT83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
The drama wasn't created by Burke, It was created by Allaire spewing off to Traikos in the paper.

You didn't see or hear Acton or Hunter sounding of against the organization though the media when they were let go. Burke doesn't chew out his players or staff in public(even though he should sometimes) and he expects that to be reciprocated.
How about James Reimer?

“I think there was some confusion last year. A couple misunderstandings. I don’t know if everyone clicked last year. I mean, there was some trouble in some areas. I don’t know if I want to get into it too much or comment on it too much, but I know there was times he was frustrated we didn’t have more time to work on stuff. He told me [in the summer] that it probably wasn’t looking good [to come back].”

Would you like to blame him as well? Maybe the media too? Lets just think of everyone in the world other then Burke and blame them - that sounds about right for HF boards.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I don't think that's allowed during a lockout.
it may be if they don't officially hire the guy until after the lockout is done

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
The drama wasn't created by Burke, It was created by Allaire spewing off to Traikos in the paper.

You didn't see or hear Acton or Hunter sounding of against the organization though the media when they were let go. Burke doesn't chew out his players or staff in public(even though he should sometimes) and he expects that to be reciprocated.
I am sure that they won't be exchanging Christmas cards this year or any time soon.

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
How about James Reimer?

“I think there was some confusion last year. A couple misunderstandings. I don’t know if everyone clicked last year. I mean, there was some trouble in some areas. I don’t know if I want to get into it too much or comment on it too much, but I know there was times he was frustrated we didn’t have more time to work on stuff. He told me [in the summer] that it probably wasn’t looking good [to come back].”

Would you like to blame him as well? Maybe the media too? Lets just think of everyone in the world other then Burke and blame them - that sounds about right for HF boards.

Burke shares some blame for hiring him, But Allaire just poured gasoline all over the situation yesterday and it wasn't really necessary. Hockey people get let go from teams all the time and they don't take shots after they leave. In this case though Allaires ego is such that he feels the need to do so.

As for Reimer, In my own opinion I think James said to much. He should of just gave a more of a cookie cutter answer.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Allaire's clearly trying to salvage his reputation.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

I wonder if Allaire let it go to his head that he helped Goalies such as Patrick Roy, Roberto Luongo and JS Giguere because they all had great careers. However when he couldn't help Reimer and Gustavsson the same way he didn't want his reputation to change because of their play and he's trying to live in the past.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:36 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Does anybody know anything about Rick St.Croix? Isn't that the guy that failed Carey Price. as in he was fired, they brought in somebody new and THEN Price got better? or is that someone else?

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:41 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 950
Quote:
Burke shares some blame for hiring him, But Allaire just poured gasoline all over the situation yesterday and it wasn't really necessary. Hockey people get let go from teams all the time and they don't take shots after they leave. In this case though Allaires ego is such that he feels the need to do so.

As for Reimer, In my own opinion I think James said to much. He should of just gave a more of a cookie cutter answer.
So Reims should have kept his mouth shut to defend Burke ?

Allaire has a huge ego but that doesn't mean his statement was wrong . He was hired to do a job and if others were meddling then Burke should have sorted out the situation one way or another .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

burkie mad

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
So Reims should have kept his mouth shut to defend Burke ?

Allaire has a huge ego but that doesn't mean his statement was wrong . He was hired to do a job and if others were meddling then Burke should have sorted out the situation one way or another .
None of us know the whole situation, so we're left filling in the gaps with our own assumptions mixed with our own personal biases. I can read yours all over your post.

You see it as a failure of management, or as a manager myself I see it as applying assistance to an employee who was failing in his task to help.

Some employees appreciate the help some do not. Who is at fault? nobody.

From my own perspective, I would prefer not to be hung out to dry and would gladly accept help if it wasn't working out. YMMV. Some work well with others, and some do not. I believe Allaire is of the latter category.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Gatorade*

Another Burke fiasco and failure. The steaming pile gets higher and higher.

So at the end of the season Burke proclaimed Allaire the best on the planet and today Burke said the game has passed him by.

It's hard to believe people still support Burke. He is a joke.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post

Either way, it'll be interesting to see who fills in that role. I bet it's someone from USA Hockey.
Surprise!

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:27 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Zeee Goalay coach, he izz peeced, n'est pas?

'izz style only works on zee goalay du Quebecois, maybe?

Je ne sais Quoi.

Vive Les Maple Leafs!!!!!!!

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
Does anybody know anything about Rick St.Croix? Isn't that the guy that failed Carey Price. as in he was fired, they brought in somebody new and THEN Price got better? or is that someone else?
No.

You're thinking Roland Melanson.

St. Croix is credited for helping Ed Belfour take the next step in his development into an elite goaltender. Belfour won the cup in '99 under his tutelage.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:35 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Another Burke fiasco and failure. The steaming pile gets higher and higher.

So at the end of the season Burke proclaimed Allaire the best on the planet and today Burke said the game has passed him by.

It's hard to believe people still support Burke. He is a joke.
Maybe, but he's a good joke.

All I know for sure is Gustavsson had Lundqvist Numbers in Sweden and looked lost after a few months with Allaire.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:43 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Sounds like Allaire got upset that he couldn't have things only his way and when others tried to help fix the problem a bit (because it has been a problem for 3+ years) he got all worked up about it.

So sad to see Frank "only my way or the highway" go. Well not really IMO, good riddance.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
DaveT83*

I hope after todays slanderous comments by Burke - Allaire can shed some more light/sling some more mud on what has actually been going on behind closed doors.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Pierre Gotye

I think a lot of Gustavsson's struggles were probably because of this. He just seemed confused on the ice sometimes...trying to play a style not known to him previously...not being able to read the play. Trying to take coaching into consideration...etc.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
DaveT83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Sounds like Allaire got upset that he couldn't have things only his way and when others tried to help fix the problem a bit (because it has been a problem for 3+ years) he got all worked up about it.

So sad to see Frank "only my way or the highway" go. Well not really IMO, good riddance.
Yup so much of a problem that Burke thought the only way to fix it was to give him a contract extension

Old
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:

So why did Burke declare him the best on the planet after the season and today called his methods obsolete? Contradictory, no?

Old
09-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Yup so much of a problem that Burke thought the only way to fix it was to give him a contract extension
Exactly. Typical spin. I suppose we are to believe that Burke wanted this al along.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Sounds like Burke was willing to give him one if Allaire was willing to adapt and work with others. Allaire walking shows he wasn't prepared to do either because it had to be his way or nothing which is BS in my opinion.

Personally I don't want someone who's not willing to move with the times, goalie coaching legend or not.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Sounds like Burke was willing to give him one if Allaire was willing to adapt and work with others. Allaire walking shows he wasn't prepared to do either because it had to be his way or nothing which is BS in my opinion.

Personally I don't want someone who's not willing to move with the times, goalie coaching legend or not.
Burke offered him a contract. Allaire walked away due to the dysfunction. Today Burke back peddled like always. Spinarama.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
spidergoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjobdave View Post
it may be if they don't officially hire the guy until after the lockout is done
Many goalie coaches, including the likes of Allaire and St Croix have their own schools and camps, that any one can attend.
Thus we see goalies from various NHL teams attend Allaire's camps every summer. (It is well known Allaire and Luongo have worked together plenty, but have never been employed by the same team. In fact last season Giguere and Allaire were consulting by telephone according to Giguere...speaking of which I wonder if Colorado might look into hiring Allaire now?)
I mean in the off season people can choose whoever they want to train with if they are footing the bill themselves.

I think I read somewhere that Reimer had plans to go work with St Croix next week, and that is what tipped reporters off that he is likely the next guy.

spidergoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:57 PM
spidergoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Burke offered him a contract. Allaire walked away due to the dysfunction. Today Burke back peddled like always. Spinarama.
Exactly! I would bet anything that had Allaire re-signed, and the media questioned Burke about it, he would be spouting off about Allaire being the best goalie coach on the Planet again.

spidergoalie is offline   Reply With Quote