HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders fan here looking for some assistance.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:02 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh, I'm sure Vancouver's nothing compared to some of the places in NYC. It's very safe in terms of violent crime; much more so than American cities its size. It's unlikely you'd run into serious trouble especially if there's a bunch of you, but still, I'm sure you can think of things you'd rather do on your vacation than step over pools of probably contaminated bodily fluids and used needles or get hassled by grime-covered $5 crack hoes. That's Main and Hastings, especially weekend nights.
Holy reads too many papers. I get the feeling you haven't been anywhere near Pain & Wasting, ever. There is NO TROUBLE in the DTES other than petty theft and the odd "can you spare a....".

And so you can act like you know, the area is at its worse on welfare day. (Mardi Gras!) The people down there don't care if it's a Saturday or a Monday otherwise. And so you can REALLY act like you know, there is a much better chance of getting "into trouble" on Granville Street, it's full of drunken suburban ****** weekend warriors. To the OP, Granville Street is a great place to wear your MMA gear, the more beads and sparkles the better.

But of course, don't leave valuables in your car. That advice goes for pretty much EVERYWHERE in this city and every city.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

Should be able to find Giants' tickets on game day, no problem.

rajvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
DJOpus

Giants tickets game day no problem... Likely cheaper from scalpers.

The comparison between strip joints is ridiculous. The girls at Brandi's are much much better than anywhere else. If you have a bunch of friends and want to have a party, Bachelor Plan is good too. Don't waste your time at the No5 or Penthouse they are terribad.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:05 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Holy reads too many papers. I get the feeling you haven't been anywhere near Pain & Wasting, ever. There is NO TROUBLE in the DTES other than petty theft and the odd "can you spare a....".

And so you can act like you know, the area is at its worse on welfare day. (Mardi Gras!) The people down there don't care if it's a Saturday or a Monday otherwise. And so you can REALLY act like you know, there is a much better chance of getting "into trouble" on Granville Street, it's full of drunken suburban ****** weekend warriors. To the OP, Granville Street is a great place to wear your MMA gear, the more beads and sparkles the better.

But of course, don't leave valuables in your car. That advice goes for pretty much EVERYWHERE in this city and every city.
Haha, the truth. Metrotown can actually be worse crime wise but it doesn't look as bad so people don't **** on it as much.

Gonna go to the Rickshaw tonight, no ****s given.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

FYI I used to live on Jackson just off Cordova once upon a time. Know the park there? Been down there at night? Check it out. Don't talk like you know me from the basis of a few lines of text on the internet.

-----------

Well OP there's a thousand cool, fun places downtown that don't involve trudging through skid row. My official recommendation is to stick to those.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

I just worked the Giants game a the box office. I can tell you that we didn't sell out but it was damn close. It being the season home opener might have had something to do with it. I would recommend getting tickets in advance especially with the lockout.

Just my two cents.

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Islespuck89

Quote:
FYI I used to live on Jackson just off Cordova once upon a time. Know the park there? Been down there at night? Check it out. Don't talk like you know me from the basis of a few lines of text on the internet.

-----------

Well OP there's a thousand cool, fun places downtown that don't involve trudging through skid row. My official recommendation is to stick to those.
Thanks probably stick to bars near granville. i avoid the ghetto crap in my home NYC. I dont go to seedy areas at home defintly have no interest on seeing them on the road. Im stocked for the giants game no NHL and i haven't skated in 3.5 months due to a injury.

Islespuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:23 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:

-----------

We aren't sending him to the park to buy crack or women. THousands of people safely navigate the dangerous streets of the DTES every night without incident.

You should head back to your old stomping grounds, you sound out of touch. Lots of great places to go in the area these days. Rather than fear the legions of walking dead, consider them "culture".

And so you know, I can only pretend to know you based on what you say. 9/10 I'd be bang on assessing people who give ridiculous accounts of the DTES and 90% is good enough for me. Gastown > Granville unless you are 20 and still excited about getting drunk and then posting your picture on the twitter or whatever.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
...the very centre of the ******* of the city...
Don't sweat it, by global standards, Vancouver has no ******* areas.

Honestly, the downtown east side is as safe and clean a junkie zone as you'll find anywhere on the planet. You've got old catholic women down there trying to help "the girls", for criminiy's sake, in virtually complete safety.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islespuck89 View Post
Thanks probably stick to bars near granville. i avoid the ghetto crap in my home NYC.
I spend a lot of time in NYC. Trust me - Vancouver "ghetto" is NOTHING like NYC ghetto - there is nowhere in this city you're going to feel even slightly threatened or in danger.

Hitting the bars on Granville is like grabbing "NY" food in Times Square. And that's cool, if that's what you want, just so you're aware.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Alexistheman

Paramount in New West on amateur night.... Nothing better, and you can wash it down with a nice glass of juice to boot.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:37 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islespuck89 View Post
Thanks probably stick to bars near granville. i avoid the ghetto crap in my home NYC. I dont go to seedy areas at home defintly have no interest on seeing them on the road. Im stocked for the giants game no NHL and i haven't skated in 3.5 months due to a injury.
The thing about Granville is it's pretty cookie cutter. Coming from NYC you aren't going to come to Vancouver and think WOW when it comes to nightlife. At least Gastown has a bit of soul left.

Granville Street is usually the recommendation of people who also think Robson Street is exciting for shopping. They either have never been anywhere, or are 19-23, or just want to help without having any real knowledge of what there is to do in the city.

But you can definitely get drunk there and it's a stag so maybe that's the only thing that matters.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Islespuck89

Thanks for all your assistance. We did not go to a strip club we got 2 girls for a toy show at the hotel with a double ***** (fantastic). Vancouver is a cool city didn't realize how open/cheap and easy herbal refreshments are there. I have been to Montreal, Quebec, City, Montreal, Niagra and Toronto. QC is a different world ,I would defintily go back to Vancouver 1st. Man Whistler is one cool place. I am 110% going for 5 days next summer to just do mountain biking!

Islespuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote