HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 03:13 PM
NASCL

vCash: 500
Signed up for the 4 PM, the last time slot. Hope they're running on schedule.

It looks cheezy, but my 7 year old and his buddies from Mite Hockey will think it's the greatest thing.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
gobruins14

Nice to see they're finally making good on a benefit from *last year's* STH package.

Wonder when I get my signed stick for renewing early for this season?

Old
11-19-2012, 09:57 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
Nice to see they're finally making good on a benefit from *last year's* STH package.

Wonder when I get my signed stick for renewing early for this season?
My concern is if I don't re-up for next year they'll forget to ever give me one. And I doubt I will re-up again depending on how these next few days go.

I'm still running into trouble getting a locker room visit spot it keeps loading and loading and loading...

i hate this league. Give me my money back now please.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
The email is out, we just signed up for 2PM. I have to admit, this is absolutely ridiculous:

Photographs:
The Bruins will have a photographer onsite. Personal cameras will not be allowed.
Photos will be available to download at no cost after the event.
There will be a maximum of one photo per account.

So I can't even take one photo myself? And i'm only allowed one photo from the Bruins!?
i couldnt stop laughing when i saw that email the other day.
deleted that trash in one second.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I'm conflicted about going. On one hand I want nothing to do with anything Bruins until this lockout is resolved but I don't want to regret not participating in a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
RBurgundy

Sweet, just got an email from the Bruins saying I could sign in and see my APR that I've accumulated!! I've made 1 Dollar and 60 cents!! YEEEEHAAWWWWW.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
I am not going. I have family here this weekend.

Poor time to hold this event IMHO.

11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
Sweet, just got an email from the Bruins saying I could sign in and see my APR that I've accumulated!! I've made 1 Dollar and 60 cents!! YEEEEHAAWWWWW.
Way better than 33 cents.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
They can shove their offer. Give me my money for November first and then we'll talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I'm conflicted about going. On one hand I want nothing to do with anything Bruins until this lockout is resolved but I don't want to regret not participating in a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Please don't take this as a dig, but I literally couldn't be less shocked.

At the end of the day, the desire to be Bruins fans wins out over the anger over the lockout.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I am not going. I have family here this weekend.

Poor time to hold this event IMHO.
I'm going to sign up and not go. Maybe some garden worker will get an extra hour of paid time, helping offset all the money they lost by this idiotic lockout.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
I got ya beat. $2.70

I'll try not to spend it all in one place.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

64 cents!!! I'll put it towards my Black Friday shopping since there is no game to go that day....

Old
11-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Kate, I haven't been able to check out the board till today. Since your reply seemed to veer off the current lockout talk and more towards ticket talk, I figured I'd reply here before a mod moved it here anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
When you say 'dumping', do you mean cancelling your tickets, or selling at cost on the secondary market to break even?
Dumping = selling at the bottom of the market. It doesn't necesarily mean I am taking a loss or selling them for profit. It means I would get out from underneath them asap without waiting to see if the market drops or goes up. I'd simply sell them at the the low end of the market.

Say the '13-'14 schedule is released in June. With in a week or two you will see full season tickets plans available (on the secondary market). My $45 316 seats may range from $55-$100. The $100 ones will likely sit there, the $55 will probably sell. I would likely wait a couple days to see if there is any activity with the market and then set my price on the low end. After I pay a 15% commission I'll probably be breaking even. If similar seats sold at $70/each, obviously I'd sell em at $70/per...or at least start there and then drop em.

Quote:
Also, if I'm not in the minorty, what does that accomplish? My seats get sold, at a higher price than I'm currently paying per game? We've had this discussion several times in the ticket thread...given the team's popularity right now, from a business perspective, the team WANTS me to give up my tickets. They can make double per seat at the box office than what they're charging me.

I give up my tickets and am not a STH anymore, now have to scramble to find tickets to games that I want to go to, potentially paying a lot on the secondary market for in demand games like the Vancouver game last year, Black Friday, and playoff tickets. And the trade-off is the team makes double what they currently are getting from my seats.

How does that send a message in any way? I'm the one getting screwed here, not the team or your antichrist Jacobs.

Obviously you are of the opinion the B's are going to pick up right where they left off before the lockout. I'm currently of the complete opposite mindset.

Neither of us know what the market will be when the B's start playing hockey again. Especially if it isn't till next October. I'm only going on record as saying that if they don't play hockey this season, I think their "3-4 year" wait list, is gone. The wait list drove a lot of the increase in the secondary market.

I obviously hope the secondary market is still high. But if they don't play this year, I think it will look a lot more like the Sox market did this past year than it looked like after they won the Cup in '11.

We can both speculate all we want. In the end, I'm betting that if they don't play hockey at all this year, you would save money by no buying season tickets and playing the secondary market next year for the entire regular season. Obviously there will be 3-4 games during the season you'd have to pay a high price for (black Fri, Christmas game, Vancouver, Rangers). But just like one might have had to pay above face for a few yankees games this past year...the other 75-95% of the time you were paying between 10 and 75 cents on the dollar. Which more than made up for paying a premium every now and then.

Quote:
I'm the one getting screwed here, not the team or your antichrist Jacobs.
If they don't play hockey this year, at the end of next season, you will be the one who got screwed. Not sure how you came to the conclusion I said Jacobs was getting screwed??? I've never said the antichrist was getting screwed. On the contrary. I have always stated he is the one bending us over and doing the screwing.

11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Not sure how you came to the conclusion I said Jacobs was getting screwed??? I've never said the antichrist was getting screwed. On the contrary. I have always stated he is the one bending us over and doing the screwing.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-2841100048.html

Old
11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Kate, I haven't been able to check out the board till today. Since your reply seemed to veer off the current lockout talk and more towards ticket talk, I figured I'd reply here before a mod moved it here anyways...
Disagree, but it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Dumping = selling at the bottom of the market. It doesn't necesarily mean I am taking a loss or selling them for profit. It means I would get out from underneath them asap without waiting to see if the market drops or goes up. I'd simply sell them at the the low end of the market.

Say the '13-'14 schedule is released in June. With in a week or two you will see full season tickets plans available (on the secondary market). My $45 316 seats may range from $55-$100. The $100 ones will likely sit there, the $55 will probably sell. I would likely wait a couple days to see if there is any activity with the market and then set my price on the low end. After I pay a 15% commission I'll probably be breaking even. If similar seats sold at $70/each, obviously I'd sell em at $70/per...or at least start there and then drop em.
So you're not giving up your tickets -- you will continue to be a STH for the Bruins, whether it be for your personal use or for business purposes. Therefore, in terms of economic impact to the Bruins, there is no change. You are keeping your tickets, the same as I am. How are we different?

Quote:
Obviously you are of the opinion the B's are going to pick up right where they left off before the lockout. I'm currently of the complete opposite mindset.
I'm of the mindset that this city loves a contender. If the team has success when the lockout resumes, yes, I think that within a season they will be back to where they started.

Quote:
Neither of us know what the market will be when the B's start playing hockey again. Especially if it isn't till next October. I'm only going on record as saying that if they don't play hockey this season, I think their "3-4 year" wait list, is gone. The wait list drove a lot of the increase in the secondary market.
The wait list may be gone, but I think it's because a lot of them will happily take the seats that were given up by STHs who are fed up and/or trying to make a point. When there's people waiting in line to buy something, they don't care why the people in front of them leave the line, just that they get to the check-out counter.

Quote:
I obviously hope the secondary market is still high. But if they don't play this year, I think it will look a lot more like the Sox market did this past year than it looked like after they won the Cup in '11.
I don't really care about the secondary market, because I no longer have to participate in it.

Quote:
We can both speculate all we want. In the end, I'm betting that if they don't play hockey at all this year, you would save money by no buying season tickets and playing the secondary market next year for the entire regular season. Obviously there will be 3-4 games during the season you'd have to pay a high price for (black Fri, Christmas game, Vancouver, Rangers). But just like one might have had to pay above face for a few yankees games this past year...the other 75-95% of the time you were paying between 10 and 75 cents on the dollar. Which more than made up for paying a premium every now and then.
You're forgetting that I go to between 85% and 90% of the games, and also discounting what a pain in the ass it is to have to worry about securing tickets, prices aside. I would go to less games, so obviously I would save $$. I'd also lose out on having season tickets, which is something I enjoy.

Quote:
If they don't play hockey this year, at the end of next season, you will be the one who got screwed.
You're looking at this as a businessman, not a fan. It's why we don't see eye to eye on this. I'm not getting screwed because I'm getting what I want out of the deal -- which is to have season tickets.

Quote:
Not sure how you came to the conclusion I said Jacobs was getting screwed??? I've never said the antichrist was getting screwed. On the contrary. I have always stated he is the one bending us over and doing the screwing.
The whole "give up your tickets and protest" meme is meant to hit Jacobs where it hurts (his wallet), right? That doesn't work if someone else is waiting to buy my seats. I lose out on that deal, and the purpose of giving up my tickets (to make a statement and pull my financing from the league/team) isn't realized. So what's the ****ing point?

Old
11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post

Old
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

If they don't play hockey this year, at the end of next season, you will be the one who got screwed. Not sure how you came to the conclusion I said Jacobs was getting screwed??? I've never said the antichrist was getting screwed. On the contrary. I have always stated he is the one bending us over and doing the screwing.
pretty sure anyone telling Kate to boycott is newbie. This is nothing compared to 2004-5 so if they were around back then I'd think with their angst they would have given up the sport and wouldn't be on a Bruins fan board. If they were around then let me know I have a serious of questions for you to answer to see if you are telling the truth, a hypocrite, fraud, or arse clown. I can see if they are new since 2006 but I'd have to say they are lying if they are this upset and were around back then; clearly they would have moved on.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:26 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Disagree, but it doesn't matter.

So you're not giving up your tickets -- you will continue to be a STH for the Bruins, whether it be for your personal use or for business purposes. Therefore, in terms of economic impact to the Bruins, there is no change. You are keeping your tickets, the same as I am. How are we different?

I'm of the mindset that this city loves a contender. If the team has success when the lockout resumes, yes, I think that within a season they will be back to where they started.

The wait list may be gone, but I think it's because a lot of them will happily take the seats that were given up by STHs who are fed up and/or trying to make a point. When there's people waiting in line to buy something, they don't care why the people in front of them leave the line, just that they get to the check-out counter.

I don't really care about the secondary market, because I no longer have to participate in it.

You're forgetting that I go to between 85% and 90% of the games, and also discounting what a pain in the ass it is to have to worry about securing tickets, prices aside. I would go to less games, so obviously I would save $$. I'd also lose out on having season tickets, which is something I enjoy.

You're looking at this as a businessman, not a fan. It's why we don't see eye to eye on this. I'm not getting screwed because I'm getting what I want out of the deal -- which is to have season tickets.

The whole "give up your tickets and protest" meme is meant to hit Jacobs where it hurts (his wallet), right? That doesn't work if someone else is waiting to buy my seats. I lose out on that deal, and the purpose of giving up my tickets (to make a statement and pull my financing from the league/team) isn't realized. So what's the ****ing point?
really give me a list of all the posters who did this- I want to do a little behind the scenes research on these folks

Old
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Correct. I caved in the 11th hour. I had every intention of taking option 2. At 5:30 on the deadline date I had a weak moment...and took option 1. I almost immediately regretted it.

The difference is you are happy with your choice in choosing the loyalty option. And you are going to go to the games no matter what. I, on the other hand, am not happy with my choice to lock in. And I am not going to attend games if they don't play next year. Obviously the fact that the antichrist already has my money, makes my decision not to go to games much less impactful. The only things it changes- I would normally go to a game (instead of eating a pair of tickets) next year I would simply eat them. He's not getting my $18-$36 a game I spend in beer and $10-$20 I spend in food...on my seat alone. I often buy a beer or two for random people I have sold tickets to at home games.

Quote:
I don't think anyone is going to argue with you on Boston loving a contender. I do think many would take exception with the fact you think they'd be right back where they left off. I think it would take 2-4 years even with a contender. But again, we are looking at different aspects possibly. I am talking about strong demand for tickets. You may see a building that is 75-80% full and think they are back. I will look at the market and see $25 loge seats ad $10 balconies and think the market sucks. If tickets are cheap enough, people buy them. Could you image if Fenway prices never came down this past summer?

Quote:
Disagree. I think you are underestimating how much of the wait list is resellers looking to make a quick buck. However, the turnover rate next year (if there is no season this year) will largely depend on how many people actually chose option 1 or option 2.

Quote:
I obviously do care about it. I think a large part of the reason we see things differently is because we are looking at it from completely different perspectives.

Quote:

No, I didn't forget. That is precisely while I said what I said. I know you have stated on numerous occasions that you go to 85% of the games. If you actually go to that many, and you bought all those games on the secondary market, I believe you would end up ahead. Now if you were only going to attend 4 or 5 games, and they were all high demand games, I think you'd be paying way over face. But since you probably attend more low rent games than high demand games, i'd say you'd end up far ahead.

As far as securing tickets goes, I think you're way overplaying how hard it is to secure tickets in a soft market. It takes zero effort. And I say that with absolute certainty. That is unless you would have found it difficult to go online this past summer and purchase a pair of bleachers off stubhub for $10/each and then print them from your computer....but I think your a tech savvy enough to figure it out

Quote:
Agreed. I see it more as a business than I do as a fan because I probably have more to lose. I do see it as a fan too though. Which is why I say I would eat them before I go next year.

Quote:
[/QUOTE]

Again, we disagree on the bolded. I think you would be really surprised how many people waiting to buy our seats are people looking to profit on them. I say it is at least 50/50. When dealing with the majority of professional sports team's wait lists, resellers almost always out number the non-resellers. Considering the Boston market, I do not think it would be an exception tot he rule.

The antichrist getting a large portion of his followers to lock in for next year before the **** got deep is likely going to cover his a$$. If he didn't do that when he did and we don't have a season...season tickets base is cut by 30-40% easily imo. And I don't believe there would be enough of a wait list left to cover even half of the turnover. I can speculate all I want. because I'll never know. The evil one was genius in his plot to conquer the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
pretty sure anyone telling Kate to boycott is newbie. This is nothing compared to 2004-5 so if they were around back then I'd think with their angst they would have given up the sport and wouldn't be on a Bruins fan board. If they were around then let me know I have a serious of questions for you to answer to see if you are telling the truth, a hypocrite, fraud, or arse clown. I can see if they are new since 2006 but I'd have to say they are lying if they are this upset and were around back then; clearly they would have moved on.

I actually never told Kate to boycott. Somehow I think she interjected that in to the discussion. I did say I wasn't going to go to a game next year if they don't play this year. Obviosly Kate took that as being "meme" Hey, to each their own.

I locked in. Decided to roll the dice. I look at things differently as a financial investment...I've never denied that. I have also always said that if the team sucked again, I'd always keep two of my seats. I enjoy hockey. I could afford $90/a game for entertainment for a couple decent balcony seats. I certainly would have no reason to keep all 13 of my present seats though.

My decision to keep a pair of seats would strictly be from a fan perspective. Living 100 miles aways I'd likely still only go to 15 or so games a year. But I'd probably have to take a loss on many of the others. The lockout is a game changer for me. I love watching hockey. But the way I look at it, we were in a committed relationship. Hockey cheated on me one times to many. I'm not gonna keep coming back...tired of being taken advantage of. I'm not gonna lie. I might get involved in another serious relationship or two over the next few years. Then I might start back up with the old flame. But we need some time apart.

I understand that both Kate and you are married. And you take your marriage seriously. I'm cool with that. I take marriage seriously as well. I'm just not married to hockey. However, if I was, I would seriously consider divorce at this point. I just want you and Kate to know that you have people here to talk to. Murder should never be a option...good luck to both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
really give me a list of all the posters who did this- I want to do a little behind the scenes research on these folks

I give both you and Kate credit. You are by my definition, the most die hard of fans. I love sports. I have a breaking point though. When I feel like I've been taken advantage of, I generally draw a line in the sand. I've been watching Bruins hockey my whole life. I can handle being called a "newbie or meme". It doesn't change a damn thing about my feelings towards the game or my team. Hell, I've only been a STH since '08-'09. To long time STH's, I am a newbie.

Last edited by Looch: 11-20-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Just want to clarify...I wasn't saying you suggested I give up my tickets, but there's quite a few people around here suggesting that fans revolt and boycott the NHL to prove a point. I think the idea is ridiculous and I won't participate, for reasons I've outlined. I wasn't calling you out, I was actually responding to that idea, which has led to a pretty good discussion (I think, anyway).

Also, I don't care how long people have had tickets. I've had thema year longer than you, not 20 years longer. Who cares?

I also hate the term die hard. I find that the most casual fans are quick to assign labels, not long time fans. We're all hockey fans, it's not a pissing contest.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse short response and likely typos

Old
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Just want to clarify...I wasn't saying you suggested I give up my tickets, but there's quite a few people around here suggesting that fans revolt and boycott the NHL to prove a point. I think the idea is ridiculous and I won't participate, for reasons I've outlined. I wasn't calling you out, I was actually responding to that idea, which has led to a pretty good discussion (I think, anyway).

Also, I don't care how long people have had tickets. I've had thema year longer than you, not 20 years longer. Who cares?

I also hate the term die hard. I find that the most casual fans are quick to assign labels, not long time fans. We're all hockey fans, it's not a pissing contest.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse short response and likely typos
I appreciate the clarity

As far as die hard goes, poor choice of words on my part. Should have said loyal. Clearly you and Dan are as loyal as they come. It's not a bad thing. It just means that you'll always be here waiting for them.

As far as typos go, I'm the last person you should be apologizing to I've easily got to be one of the worse proof readers on this board. And I'm not getting any better any time soon

Old
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
BlackNgold 84

I'm a loyal fan.. but i still picked option 2. I have several things in my life (bills, car, miscellaneous money issues) that cost quite a bit of money and on top of that bruins tickets. I use to just put my ******** behind me when i went to a game and it was a great theraputic experiece from 5pm to 10 pm. Now with the money issues arising this was going to be my last year and i was going to sell a bunch of games and make a margin of the money back that i've put in over the past 4 seasons. Oh well thats not gonna happen. Its a ****** ending to a good thing. Maybe in the future i'll come back. But i doubt it since we'll have a good team for awhile so jj can just keep on upping the price. Maybe when he kicks the bucket charlie will be a touch more fan friendly. One can only hope.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:58 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
I've easily got to be one of the worse proof readers on this board. And I'm not getting any better any time soon
That's why I love you, Looch...you proved your own point. "Worst" proof readers.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:21 AM
gobosox00

Quote:

I don't think anyone is going to argue with you on Boston loving a contender. I do think many would take exception with the fact you think they'd be right back where they left off. I think it would take 2-4 years even with a contender. But again, we are looking at different aspects possibly. I am talking about strong demand for tickets. You may see a building that is 75-80% full and think they are back. I will look at the market and see $25 loge seats ad $10 balconies and think the market sucks. If tickets are cheap enough, people buy them. Could you image if Fenway prices never came down this past summer?
Looch, I will absolutely blown away if the building isn't full every single game whenever they come back to play, even if they lose an entire season. I think you'll see a couple of games in October and maybe November 2013 (assuming this season doesn't happen) that tickets will be at face or below on the secondary market. But I think you underestimate the Bruins fans in this city, especially when we have a legit cup contender. I would guess you'll see something along the lines of 10% to maybe 20% decrease in the secondary ticket prices but you're certainly not going to see a 75% full building for any game. I probably go to about 50% of the games and sell the others and i'll seriously be amazed if I have to take a bath on the other 50%. Maybe i'm wrong but I highly highly doubt it.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
NASCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Looch, I will absolutely blown away if the building isn't full every single game whenever they come back to play, even if they lose an entire season.
Respect Looch greatly but would agree with you.

If they come back this season (I think they will) it will be known prior to Christmas. I'd have no trouble moving my weeknight Devils tickets to someone looking for a Christmas gift. The demand for the weekend games and prime opponents will always be there when the team is competitive.

If the entire season is wiped out, yes, the weeknight games against the likes of Anaheim in October and the first half of November will be soft, but demand will certainly pick up after that.

I'm actually not that concerned about the "value" of my seats.

Closed Thread