HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
Woo! $6.33 in my APR account! Do I have enough for a hot dog at the TD Garden yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
$2.17 more and you can buy a newcastle!
I'd go with the hot dog.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I wonder how half season packages will work?

I ask cause Im looking at some for the blues right now..and they have one that doesnt start until around January 11th anyways and covers 23 games. I wonder if you could buy that and the games would just end up being different? Or if you'd get refunded and have to buy again
More importantly, if you purchase a half season pack in a lockout shortened season, are you technically a full season ticket holder?

#mindblowing

Old
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
MrMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I wonder how half season packages will work?

I ask cause Im looking at some for the blues right now..and they have one that doesnt start until around January 11th anyways and covers 23 games. I wonder if you could buy that and the games would just end up being different? Or if you'd get refunded and have to buy again
If the teams change the order is canceled and refunded. If it happens that say Montreal comes in the same day they were suppose to in the original schedule then I am guessing the order would stick, but I cannot see that happening alot.

The rumor schedules were all east vs east for the 48 games with no east/west matchups, so there is a good chance the Blues are not coming in here this season.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
MrMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
More importantly, if you purchase a half season pack in a lockout shortened season, are you technically a full season ticket holder?

#mindblowing
Well they sold the same seats in both half season packages, so guessing half season holders will have a 12 game package.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
BrainOfJ
Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars View Post
If the teams change the order is canceled and refunded. If it happens that say Montreal comes in the same day they were suppose to in the original schedule then I am guessing the order would stick, but I cannot see that happening alot.

The rumor schedules were all east vs east for the 48 games with no east/west matchups, so there is a good chance the Blues are not coming in here this season.
Haha yeah I know..but I'm going there..thats why I ask.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
BrainOfJ
Diva

Quote:

#mindblowing
Woah.

I would assume they cut it down to 12 games...in which case, Ill probably just wait and get the "full" season.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:38 AM
RunFromTheBear

I wonder when we will get our tickets. I'm guessing by Friday.

I didn't know how I would feel about them starting back up but I'm happy. I will still be cancelling if they raise prices for next year but I will make the most out of my last half season as a season ticket holder.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I wonder when we will get our tickets. I'm guessing by Friday.

I didn't know how I would feel about them starting back up but I'm happy. I will still be cancelling if they raise prices for next year but I will make the most out of my last half season as a season ticket holder.
I'd be extremely surprised to see them attempt to raise prices. It would be a PR nightmare.

Prior to the last few months, I thought there was still a small chance they'd raise prices next year. But that was if they started around Thanksgiving and were having a great year. Even if they get off to a hot start, say .700 hockey or so, I can't see them raising prices. They usually announce renewal info in mid March. I don't think they's attempt to gouge just 2 short months removed from this PR nightmare.

But I put nothing past JJ's greed.

01-06-2013, 09:03 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'd be extremely surprised to see them attempt to raise prices. It would be a PR nightmare.

Prior to the last few months, I thought there was still a small chance they'd raise prices next year. But that was if they started around Thanksgiving and were having a great year. Even if they get off to a hot start, say .700 hockey or so, I can't see them raising prices. They usually announce renewal info in mid March. I don't think they's attempt to gouge just 2 short months removed from this PR nightmare.

But I put nothing past JJ's greed.
JJ went in the witness protection program or was outfitted with duct tape about a month ago when the bad, bad pub started raining on him.

No freaking way they raise prices UNLESS they win the Cup

hey, he just made millions with this even with sharing

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

So do we think there's any likelihood that they do something different for fans who chose option 1? I agree that they would be foolish to raise prices, but it's also foolish to essentially take away the main benefit from the STH that kept their money with the team during the lockout.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
JJ went in the witness protection program or was outfitted with duct tape about a month ago when the bad, bad pub started raining on him.

No freaking way they raise prices UNLESS they win the Cuphey, he just made millions with this even with sharing
My ST will remain the same for at least a year (I took option 1). You too right Dan ?

01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

No freaking way they raise prices UNLESS they win the Cup

hey, he just made millions with this even with sharing

That's exactly what I was thinking in Sept and Oct. Then I realized they wouldn't wait to send out renewal info until mid to late June. I suppose it is possible. But They like to have their renewal stuff all tied up by the end of March. They want everyone to lock in long before they see a single playoff game.

Dan, would love to finally get together with you for that pre-game beer! This is the most hockey-thirsty I've been in years!

Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
So I wonder how many Pre season games they will make us buy.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
DKH

Quote:
So do we think there's any likelihood that they do something different for fans who chose option 1? I agree that they would be foolish to raise prices, but it's also foolish to essentially take away the main benefit from the STH that kept their money with the team during the lockout.
I know if I was running the show I'd not raise prices- vindictive and its not smart, People have long memories and when they eventually suck they may regret it. File it under pennywise pound foolish.

I kept the money there but I would not be bothered 1 bit because I know many STH that actually have real bills and stuff and needed the money. Shame on Boston if they do penalize them.

Again, if I ran the Bruins I'd send those that kept a $50 gift card for the Pro Shop to be used within a month at the conclusion of the season, and probably other stuff but otherwise keep prices the same and not alienate hard working people who make incredible sacrifices and put so much emotion and time into this team

Old
01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Doubtful. I'm sure JJ thinks he was doing us a HUGE favor with he 3% APR + price freeze. When in fact option 2'ers are going to be getting the same exact price freeze. Eh, I don't car anymore. Just glad to get to watch live NHL hockey in the near future

Old
01-06-2013, 09:15 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
So I wonder how many Pre season games they will make us buy.
they're only going to charge those that asked for the season ticket refunded out I kid....probably not even have any but if they did, having it free gets rid of some bad stuff right away

Old
01-06-2013, 09:26 AM
StanleyCup2011*

So what's the guess at the minimum prices once tickets go on sale? I'm afraid to see what Jacobs is going to gouge customers for.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Anxious to see if we get any other money refunded once they start playing. Not likely but a girl can dream.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
schmautzy

I heard the option 1ers get a full sized autographed stick and the option 2ers get one of those mini sticks.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Anxious to see if we get any other money refunded once they start playing. Not likely but a girl can dream.
I dont want any more refunds. I spend that cash as soon as it comes in. End of lockout protects me from myself.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
bostonphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
I heard the option 1ers get a full sized autographed stick and the option 2ers get one of those mini sticks.
If they changed this. I would be pissed.

I thought we all got sticks signed, season ticket holders that is. I never read any fine print, what have you. But I expect a full sized autographed stick, anything else will frustrate me.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
If they changed this. I would be pissed.

I thought we all got sticks signed, season ticket holders that is. I never read any fine print, what have you. But I expect a full sized autographed stick, anything else will frustrate me.
I know someone joked about smaller sticks a while back.
I just want to go to games.
I will not spend anymore on souvenirs and food.
I will however drink enough beer to make up for lost games...I just cant help myself.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:03 PM
bostonphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
I know someone joked about smaller sticks a while back.
I just want to go to games.
I will not spend anymore on souvenirs and food.
I will however drink enough beer to make up for lost games...I just cant help myself.
I just read your comment, I must have missed the joke.

All in all, a small stick is not the end of the world. But it would be a slap in the face, when you thought you were getting one thing instead you get a ****** version of it.

Food/Beer is better and cheaper than inside. Though I imagine I also will indulge.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
schmautzy

I saw in the lockout thread that they will start the 15th for a 50 game season or the 19th for 48 game season.
Gonna be a fun ride if the team plays well.
I expect some kind of screw-up when they try to print and send out tix.
I am sure there will be many who dont get theirs in time.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Well...now that the lockout is over....expect Jacobs to send renewal invoices out next week, so he can try and get money faster.

Closed Thread