HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
gobruins14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I called my rep today...She is no longer there so I have no rep.

I spoke to someone named Chris who said they don't know yet.
Yeah my rep is gone too. I haven't had a rep since mid-summer. Kind of annoying. I feel like I've been dropped through the cracks.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
schmautzy

NHL HOCKEY JOBS

Current job openings*|*My Account - TeamWork Online*|*Mobile*|*Post Your JobsSales & Marketing: Fan DevelopmentFan Relations Representative - Boston Bruins (Boston, MA)*Your Role:*Assist with Fan Relations functions and outside inquiries relating to The Boston Bruins from Bruins season ticket holders, patrons, and fans. Assist with ongoing communication, planning, organizing, implementing, promoting and retaining Bruins Season Ticket Holders. Solicit referrals and make recommendations for the purpose of generating new sales leads to maximize sales and revenue. Liaison for Bruins Season Ticket Holders at TD Garden. Collaborates with Boston Bruins Box Office on all ticket related issues and assists with upgrades to maximize client experience. Interacts with Bruins clients on-site at all games to maximize customer service and optimize the client experience. Drive revenue by selling season tickets, partial plans, and group ticket packages. All other duties as assigned.Our Expectations:*Bachelors degree or equivalent with 1-3 years experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills, detail oriented, empathetic, strong problem solving skills, ability to work with internal clients on a professional level, strong listening and sales skills and the ability to exhibit patience and calmness under difficult circumstances.*Note:*When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:1. Do you have sales and/or service experience?Apply for this position

Last edited by schmautzy: 01-08-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
Yeah my rep is gone too. I haven't had a rep since mid-summer. Kind of annoying. I feel like I've been dropped through the cracks.
I'm starting to think ticket reps are nothing more then an entry level job with the Bruins. I've had a revolving door of reps for the last 5 years. I don't think it has to do with how they do their job, more or less that he get promotions and they hire new college grads

Old
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
NHL HOCKEY JOBS

Current job openings*|*My Account - TeamWork Online*|*Mobile*|*Post Your JobsSales & Marketing: Fan DevelopmentFan Relations Representative - Boston Bruins (Boston, MA)*Your Role:*Assist with Fan Relations functions and outside inquiries relating to The Boston Bruins from Bruins season ticket holders, patrons, and fans. Assist with ongoing communication, planning, organizing, implementing, promoting and retaining Bruins Season Ticket Holders. Solicit referrals and make recommendations for the purpose of generating new sales leads to maximize sales and revenue. Liaison for Bruins Season Ticket Holders at TD Garden. Collaborates with Boston Bruins Box Office on all ticket related issues and assists with upgrades to maximize client experience. Interacts with Bruins clients on-site at all games to maximize customer service and optimize the client experience. Drive revenue by selling season tickets, partial plans, and group ticket packages. All other duties as assigned.Our Expectations:*Bachelors degree or equivalent with 1-3 years experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills, detail oriented, empathetic, strong problem solving skills, ability to work with internal clients on a professional level, strong listening and sales skills and the ability to exhibit patience and calmness under difficult circumstances.*Note:*When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:1. Do you have sales and/or service experience?Apply for this position

What does it pay ? I guess you have to be nice to all fans so it would be a difficult job.

01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
I'm starting to think ticket reps are nothing more then an entry level job with the Bruins. I've had a revolving door of reps for the last 5 years. I don't think it has to do with how they do their job, more or less that he get promotions and they hire new college grads
I am pretty sure it is entry level.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
What does it pay ? I guess you have to be nice to all fans so it would be a difficult job.
I like this part----"exhibit patience and calmness under difficult circumstances."

Old
01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
I like this part----"exhibit patience and calmness under difficult circumstances."
I would fail. I am quite sure those enrty level Reps don't get paid much but have to take crap from many pissed off fans.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:58 PM
gobruins14

Quote:
I would fail. I am quite sure those enrty level Reps don't get paid much but have to take crap from many pissed off fans.
The best is when they reply to your email and say how annoying you are in a message they actually meant to send to their boss. Not that I have any experience with that.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
The best is when they reply to your email and say how annoying you are in a message they actually meant to send to their boss. Not that I have any experience with that.
Was your rep Nick?

Old
01-08-2013, 01:13 PM
gobruins14

Quote:
Was your rep Nick?
Yeah, I originally had Nick Camara. He wasn't the person who made the email faux pas though. He's been gone since the summer sometime and they haven't assigned someone else to me. He picked the perfect time to leave - right before the lockout started.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:21 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Yeah, I originally had Nick Camara. He wasn't the person who made the email faux pas though. He's been gone since the summer sometime and they haven't assigned someone else to me. He picked the perfect time to leave - right before the lockout started.
Nice guy but I had some issues with him.
The one I had before him was great. She got promoted somewhere else.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:29 PM
SpeedyLazaro

of course it's entry level. that's why it's a bunch of 20 somethings.. 40K/Year salary probably

they are probably on path to get promoted to season ticket sales

Old
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
of course it's entry level. that's why it's a bunch of 20 somethings.. 40K/Year salary probably

No way it's that much. True entry level jobs would be more like $20-25K in this market for a customer service/sales-type position.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
NHL HOCKEY JOBS

My girlfriend applied for this job.. i applied awhile back for a fan relations rep or whatever back in probabley august or september. I hate JJ but for some i'd still work for the bruins..

Old
01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
No way it's that much. True entry level jobs would be more like $20-25K in this market for a customer service/sales-type position.

lol.. no

a college grad getting a corporate gig is not making less than 36K.

20K is almost minimum wage.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
They'd probabley make from 25-35 a year.. **** i'd take it.. more than i make now. Just sucks you gotta work for JJ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post

40k a year is a bit much.. but if anyone does get that job they would probabley deserve around 40k with all the **** they gotta deal with.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

$40k is average to slightly above average for an entry level professional position for someone with a bachelor's degree. You're not going to see many starting salaries below $35k for a college degree.

$20 - $25k is less than you get for a living stipend with various volunteer organizations.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
lol. No chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
$40k is average to slightly above average for an entry level professional position for someone with a bachelor's degree. You're not going to see many starting salaries below $35k for a college degree.

$20 - $25k is less than you get for a living stipend with various volunteer organizations.
I'm guessing they are at 40-50k. They definitely have some salary incentives built in. I know the year after I bought in I talked a friend into buying full ST's. I asked my rep if they receive any kind of commission for new ST accounts, at the same time telling him I made sure to refer two of my friends to him. He didn't give me a straight answer. He did however say he'd drop some stuff in the mail for my kids. I took that as a yes ...never did get anything in the mail for the kids.

01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:

My wife is a corporate recruiter in Boston. I'm not guessing.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'm guessing they are at 40-50k. They definitely have some salary incentives built in.
If they were making that kind of money, they wouldn't be leaving every year or two. Not too many 22-24 year old kids are making that in Boston without some sort of an advanced degree (beyond a standard bachelors).

Old
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
My wife is a corporate recruiter in Boston. I'm not guessing.
I work in HR. I'm not either.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
If they were making that kind of money, they wouldn't be leaving every year or two. Not too many 22-24 year old kids are making that in Boston without some sort of an advanced degree (beyond a standard bachelors).
At 24, I made $40k at my first job out of college after dicking around for 2 years playing pro baseball. I had zero work experience and a Bachelor's in English from Suffolk University. I got a job in advertising.

I don't know anybody around my age who makes $20-$25k. No one. At my current employer entry level positions start at $47-$50k.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
I work in HR. I'm not either.
You're right. Everyone pays the same as your one company.

Lawyers starting salaries on average in the Boston area have dropped to $60K (Boston Business Journal, July 2012), yet Looch is guessing $40-$50K for kids straight out of college going into ticket sales? Not happening. If it was, there wouldn't be the every other year turnover. And nobody would go to law school.

In a closer comp, paralegals and Legal Assistants in Boston start at anywhere from $25-35K a year depending on the firm (less outside the city). No way are they seeing $40-50K to start.

I'll move on. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You're right. Everyone pays the same as your one company.

Lawyers starting salaries on average in the Boston area have dropped to $60K (Boston Business Journal, July 2012), yet Looch is guessing $40-$50K for kids straight out of college going into ticket sales? Not happening. If it was, there wouldn't be the every other year turnover. And nobody would go to law school.

In a closer comp, paralegals and Legal Assistants in Boston start at anywhere from $25-35K a year depending on the firm (less outside the city). No way are they seeing $40-50K to start.

I'll move on. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Because I've only worked in one place, and only have access to market data for my "one company".

You're right. We'll move on.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
At 24, I made $40k at my first job out of college after dicking around for 2 years playing pro baseball. I had zero work experience and a Bachelor's in English from Suffolk University. I got a job in advertising.

I don't know anybody around my age who makes $20-$25k. No one. At my current employer entry level positions start at $47-$50k.
Advertising is a completely different animal. And when was this? Salaries were better 5 years ago than today. The market has nosedived the last few years and salaries have fallen everywhere.

Closed Thread