HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
  #601
BeardBros
Everything hurt more
 
BeardBros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 314
Country: United States
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I think I have had 4 reps in 4 seasons.

One was DKH's rep from back in 2008.. she is still around, I believe she moved up in the ranks, or only deals with the old boys club guys like Dan.

One was Niki something Italian... she left to get her MBA.

One was this asian girl May.. she just kind of left one day.

Then I had this guy from southern California.. not sure if I still do because I have had a girl calling me lately.
Yeah, Ive had all the same reps as you, new guy from California is Chris. Last I knew he was still there. Tina was the first one, i think she manages all the others now. Liked NiKki, never really dealt much with Mae or Chris.


Last edited by BeardBros: 01-09-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling
BeardBros is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
  #602
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBros View Post
Yeah, Ive had all the same reps as you, new guy from California is Chris. Last I knew he was still there. Tina was the first one, i think she manages all the others now. Liked Nicki, never really dealt much with May or Chris.

Last season John Cadigan took over as the reps manager. I know he was still in the same role in Sept when he called me to be a a-hole. Not sure about now. He was great the last few years as a rep. He's been a dick since becoming the manager though.

I've had Keith Ricci since the beginning of last year when John got the promotion. No complaints.

On another note, I switched my C's rep last season. He's been fantastic. Even better than the B's. But from what I've heard from others, the B's tend to have better reps on average than the C's.

__________________
BuddysTickets@gmail.com
Looch is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
  #603
BeardBros
Everything hurt more
 
BeardBros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 314
Country: United States
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Last season John Cadigan took over as the reps manager. I know he was still in the same role in Sept when he called me to be a a-hole. Not sure about now. He was great the last few years as a rep. He's been a dick since becoming the manager though.

I've had Keith Ricci since the beginning of last year when John got the promotion. No complaints.

On another note, I switched my C's rep last season. He's been fantastic. Even better than the B's. But from what I've heard from others, the B's tend to have better reps on average than the C's.
Tina is Sales Executive/ Season Ticket Account Executive I guess.


BeardBros is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
  #604
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paree87 View Post
Those people make base 20K plus commission- and the commission plan sucks (anywhere between 8-12K annually, plus the commission is taxed at a much higher rate than base pay. & the bruins reserve the right to cut commission %s whenever they want, which they have done recently)

The reason there is so much turnover is partly due to the low pay and partly due to the fact that the upper mgt treats everyone like ****. Its a good resume builder but not a place to stay forever and make a career, which is sad.
Taxed higher? This is not true.

RunFromTheBear is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
  #605
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Taxed higher? This is not true.
Yes it is. Commission = bonus which is taxed at a much higher rate .

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
  #606
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!
 
5Minutes4Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Yes it is. Commission = bonus which is taxed at a much higher rate .
That is incorrect. They are taxed the same. However, the amount of withholding taken out to pay your tax is generally more on a bonus than a regular periodic salary/wage payment. i.e. you get less in your pocket up front.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
  #607
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
That is incorrect. They are taxed the same. However, the amount of withholding taken out to pay your tax is generally more on a bonus than a regular periodic salary/wage payment. i.e. you get less in your pocket up front.
I'll take your word for it.

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
  #608
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Yes it is. Commission = bonus which is taxed at a much higher rate .
Your weekly check is calculated to estimate the amount of taxes you pay at the end of the year, this is based on single vs married, deductions, etc.

For a bonus check, it's a one time thing so the IRS use xx% instead of the withholding formula. It's a shortcut that is usually a higher percentage than the weekly amount deducted.

Then you file a tax return at year end and your taxes will be adjusted accordingly. At the end of the year your wages will be taxed the same as your bonus. Your withholding just varies between bonuses and regular weekly wages.

RunFromTheBear is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #609
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Your weekly check is calculated to estimate the amount of taxes you pay at the end of the year, this is based on single vs married, deductions, etc.

For a bonus check, it's a one time thing so the IRS use xx% instead of the withholding formula. It's a shortcut that is usually a higher percentage than the weekly amount deducted.

Then you file a tax return at year end and your taxes will be adjusted accordingly. At the end of the year your wages will be taxed the same as your bonus. Your withholding just varies between bonuses and regular weekly wages.
I wish I got paid weekly. Thanks for the info.

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:49 PM
  #610
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
looking for a pair for your guys opening night on 1/19 against NYR. NYR season ticket holder here looking to make the trip up. not expecting any bites, but if anyone is interested in selling, please let me know. thanks

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:26 PM
  #611
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
no way.
i figured it would be a long lockout and they wouldnt raise prices next year.
plus i never want to be locked into anything, because sh#t can happen.
No the reason why I ask is .... it took that long for them to refund those games back to you ........brutal management I'll say

Lordstanley is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
  #612
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
looking for a pair for your guys opening night on 1/19 against NYR. NYR season ticket holder here looking to make the trip up. not expecting any bites, but if anyone is interested in selling, please let me know. thanks
You must know something we don't...our home opener looks like it is going to be 1/21 vs the Leafs.

edit- Just read a tweet...looks like you may be right. Good luck... if it's the Rangers only trip this year, it'll likely be the most expensive game of the regular season.

Looch is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 05:01 PM
  #613
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!
 
5Minutes4Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Rags pulled an interesting one....sent their STH's first 10 games on printed stock....but with no dates/opponents printed on them. Just listed Game 1 / Game 2 / etc...

They plan to send the rest after the schedule comes out.

STHs don't have to mess with printing tix from their accounts or late arrival of tickets.

Why didn't B's think of that?

5Minutes4Fighting is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
  #614
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Rags pulled an interesting one....sent their STH's first 10 games on printed stock....but with no dates/opponents printed on them. Just listed Game 1 / Game 2 / etc...

They plan to send the rest after the schedule comes out.

STHs don't have to mess with printing tix from their accounts or late arrival of tickets.

Why didn't B's think of that?


JJ only charged us one inflated "shipping/processing" fee. Sending em out twice would eat into the margin of the original processing fee...duh

Looch is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 07:15 PM
  #615
ProdigalFan
#NoFreePasses
 
ProdigalFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Loge 8
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Another quick email on the tickets:
********

When the NHL announces the new schedule (which will occur after the players ratify the new agreement), we will email you regarding our updated home schedule and the distribution of your season tickets. Please keep a close eye on your email in the next week, as we will be sending a lot of communication in regards to your season tickets.

ProdigalFan is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 07:51 PM
  #616
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
Another quick email on the tickets:
********

When the NHL announces the new schedule (which will occur after the players ratify the new agreement), we will email you regarding our updated home schedule and the distribution of your season tickets. Please keep a close eye on your email in the next week, as we will be sending a lot of communication in regards to your season tickets.
Was that just sent?

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
  #617
ProdigalFan
#NoFreePasses
 
ProdigalFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Loge 8
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
In my email at 5:30pm.

ProdigalFan is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  #618
gobruins14
Registered User
 
gobruins14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BAL 302 Row 6 Seat 4
Country: United States
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
In my email at 5:30pm.
From an individual rep or from "fan relations?"

I haven't seen a single correspondence from the Bruins since the last time they cancelled games.

gobruins14 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
  #619
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
From an individual rep or from "fan relations?"

I haven't seen a single correspondence from the Bruins since the last time they cancelled games.
Individual rep- Keith.

Looch is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
  #620
gobruins14
Registered User
 
gobruins14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BAL 302 Row 6 Seat 4
Country: United States
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Individual rep- Keith.
Ah, that explains it since I don't have a rep assigned to me anymore.

gobruins14 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
  #621
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Ya i didn't get an email.. but i have a rep. I assume i'll get one sometime tomorrow. If not i'm calling her monday to see whats up.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
  #622
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
Ah, that explains it since I don't have a rep assigned to me anymore.
Same here. I haven't heard a peep from them since the January games were cancelled.

Should be getting our December money in the next day or so.

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
  #623
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Same here. I haven't heard a peep from them since the January games were cancelled.

Should be getting our December money in the next day or so.
We still getting that? Where does that leave us as far as money owed at that point?
Sorry, havent had time to do the math.

schmautzy is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
  #624
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
We still getting that? Where does that leave us as far as money owed at that point?
Sorry, havent had time to do the math.
You'll get the payment for december soon.. and i assume you'll get a refund in february for the month of jan since games we're cancelled up till the 15th.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:27 PM
  #625
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
You'll get the payment for december soon.. and i assume you'll get a refund in february for the month of jan since games we're cancelled up till the 15th.
Wasnt sure of the exact number of games that were cancelled up until that date. Looks like 24.


Last edited by schmautzy: 01-10-2013 at 09:37 PM.
schmautzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.