HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I chose option 1 because I knew I was renewing next [B]season, regardless of what happens with this year. If there's the chance [/B](however small it would be) that I can protect myself against an increase next year, I'd be foolish not to choose that. Has nothing to do with being optimistic. I haven't had much optimism at all in these negotiations, and it didn't factor in to my decision.
This is the reason I also chose option #1.

I said by Jan 1 the NHL would get going but I am not pleased with their lack of effort to get hockey back.

Last edited by Ladyfan: 10-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 09:36 AM
DanielEtvs
stuck on stoopid

vCash: 500
Another $1000+ out of the account today for this months installment. It is pretty ridiculous that we pay so much, and they don't even send paper tickets, coupons, nothing not a thing to show for it. and then they make us wait and wait and wait for incremental refunds well after many many games will be missed. At the MINIMUM they should have refunded us for the preseason games weeks ago. Season tickets are somewhat of a privelage I realize, and I will not be cancelling my 4 (yet), but this doesn't make me feel good to say the least. On top of that their communication has left something to be desired and their responses to inquiries are ambiguous at best. If this goes very long I have a feeling a lot of people will not be renewing their tickets for the first time in several years. We shall see.

All that being said I realize the logistics of it all are immense, and the uncertainty is real. Still, we are talking about many many thousands of dollars many f us have invested in these teams, at a time when the economy is not the greatest its ever been. The NHL are subject matter experts on lockouts, but its getting old. It is old. I cant stand to look at Gary Bettman's smug face. just sayin

Looch.... how do you feel about not getting a dime back in refunded monies yet (assuming you did or would have taken option 2)? long after its clear the preseason games (at the least) are out of the question.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I better be getting both October and November's refunds at the same time.

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I better be getting both October and November's refunds at the same time.
Have you gotten charged for this month? i haven't yet figured it could be next week but its usually between the 20th-25th of each month. Maybe they looked at what we owe a month and what we got back in refunds and are figuring out the math

Old
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Have you gotten charged for this month? i haven't yet figured it could be next week but its usually between the 20th-25th of each month. Maybe they looked at what we owe a month and what we got back in refunds and are figuring out the math
Yes, on Tuesday. As for refunds, my rep said they will begin processing at the end of the month and it will be in my acct no later than 10 business days from then. No exact dates were given for refunds.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

The B's now owe me over $3000.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
The B's now owe me over $3000.
So now is a bad time to ask if you can spot me $20?

Old
10-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
So now is a bad time to ask if you can spot me $20?
yep

I may try to go to another P. Bruin's game.

I am taking a class Thurs nights and working too many hours so I am tired, broke, pissed off and bored.

I NEED a good B's game to work out all of my stress. ...It really does help.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

When they do come back, I feel like I'm going to sit there with my arms folded being pissed off for the first few games.

It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like when they come back. Will more people be happy/relieved, or pissed off?

Old
10-26-2012, 11:29 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
yep

I may try to go to another P. Bruin's game.

I am taking a class Thurs nights and working too many hours so I am tired, broke, pissed off and bored.

I NEED a good B's game to work out all of my stress. ...It really does help.
I've got 3 more AHL games scheduled this year. 2 P Bruins/Monarchs games and another Monarchs home game. I'm not sure what I'm doing for next year yet.

I had planned on doing a long weekend with the Wife and catching a B's game, but now I wouldn't do that even if they come back this year.

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 10-26-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
When they do come back, I feel like I'm going to sit there with my arms folded being pissed off for the first few games.

It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like when they come back. Will more people be happy/relieved, or pissed off?
IF they come back this season i'll be trying to sell tickets.. if that doesn't work out i'll be with you on folding my arms and being all angsty. I just might boo everything.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:

I will be happy. I am not pissed off at the Bruins.

I don't fault the players. They wanted to play and I don't really blame them for not wanting to get screwed by the NHL again.

I AM pissed off but also miss hockey .

Old
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM
beaverjc

I will want to boo but I will be so happy to see hockey again it will probably override my pissedoffness.
That being said the Bruins should be handing out signed team jerseys to the STH for putting up with this crap.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I will want to boo but I will be so happy to see hockey again it will probably override my pissedoffness.
That being said the Bruins should be handing out signed team jerseys to the STH for putting up with this crap.
Ill settle for a signed stick......... Oh....wait...they owe me that already...

Old
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Hnidy Hnight

At least we get free autographed sticks if they don't come back. But we may have to chose from a member of management or coaches if they're still locked out.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
At least we get free autographed sticks if they don't come back. But we may have to chose from a member of management or coaches if they're still locked out.
You know they are going to stiff us with the sticks right? I am thinking a nice game used Warrior signed by Tyler Seguin. Instead we are going to get one of those 6" knee hockey sticks signed by Lane MacDermid.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

Quote:
You know they are going to stiff us with the sticks right? I am thinking a nice game used Warrior signed by Tyler Seguin. Instead we are going to get one of those 6" knee hockey sticks signed by Lane MacDermid.
Like the Poo autographed puck the sent as a donation to my wifes non profit...after he had already been traded. It did go for 30 bucks so I guess not a total loss.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Like the Poo autographed puck the sent as a donation to my wifes non profit...after he had already been traded. It did go for 30 bucks so I guess not a total loss.
Beats the Peter Schaefer signed puck they sent for my kids youth hockey fundraiser.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

Obviously I am a dick for saying it. But I can't help myself...

They flaunted the signed stick thing out there for good reason. They knew is would entice many to renew early. And it worked. Unless they wrote something into the fine print about not having to follow through with proving the sticks in the event of a lockout, I think they would be in breach of contract. If STH's renewed early because of it, I believe they would have gounds to legally terminate the contract. No?

Who's interested in a class action law suit?

10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Obviously I am a dick for saying it. But I can't help myself...

They flaunted the signed stick thing out there for good reason. They knew is would entice many to renew early. And it worked. Unless they wrote something into the fine print about not having to follow through with proving the sticks in the event of a lockout, I think they would be in breach of contract. If STH's renewed early because of it, I believe they would have gounds to legally terminate the contract. No?

Who's interested in a class action law suit?
You are 100% correct sir. The ticket rep I talked to didnt have much info about the sticks when I called they just said they plan to have them when lockout ends. I think most people think we are getting full size sticks yet I doubt that will happen. I am sure its mini sticks and most people will be pissed.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
You are 100% correct sir. The ticket rep I talked to didnt have much info about the sticks when I called they just said they plan to have them when lockout ends. I think most people think we are getting full size sticks yet I doubt that will happen. I am sure its mini sticks and most people will be pissed.
I'm about 90% certain they will be "youth" sticks. Not full size adult sticks. They will be the same ones they used to line the streets with when they brought the Cup in on the duck boat during the banner ceremony opening night last year. They are also the same ones they give out for the three stars after each game. We have two of them signed form Chara and Marchand from a Philly playoff game in '11. They are about 4 - 4.5 ft long if I had to guess.

Last edited by Looch: 10-26-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Am I the only one who got this email this afternoon?

Quote:
Dear season ticket holder,

The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through November 30 because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL. As a organization, we acknowledge both sides ignorance and arrogance throughout the continuing negotiating process. However, you as fans are expected to continue to pay for your season tickets every month. If you don't, you will lose them.

The credit for the missed schedule of home games, as well as your 3% APR credit for this time period, will be posted to your account at the end of the month. We realize we really *****ed you hard with this deal. But we appreciate your loyalty to the most greedy owner in the NHL. If and when hockey ever returns to Boston, we promise to give you a free small popcorn voucher (good for use at pre-season games only).

We value your loyalty and thank you for your patience as the NHL and NHLPA work toward a resolution.

If you have any further questions, please contact your Fan Relations Representative. He/she has been well trained to encourage you to direct any anger you have towards the money grubbing NHLPA-b@stards.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Alicat
Charge!

I got this and was told we'd have to wait until the end of November for a refund no exceptions. BS.

Quote:
The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through November 30 because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.

You will receive your refund for the missed schedule of home games by December 10 in the same manner in which you paid. The 1% APR credit from these missed games will be posted to your account at the end of November.

We value your loyalty and thank you for your patience as the NHL and NHLPA work toward a resolution.

If you have any further questions, please contact your Fan Relations Representative.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
RBurgundy

The NHL certainly isn't helping it's self in the eye of the public with the terrible customer service they are offering.

I can't believe I was dumb enough to already agree to renew for NEXT year.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I got this and was told we'd have to wait until the end of November for a refund no exceptions. BS.

The END of Nov? lol. Because they need 30 days to process the refund for missed games in October they already know they could start processing now

Closed Thread