HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Am I the only one who got this email this afternoon?
I was believing that until I got to the **** part.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
I was believing that until I got to the **** part.

Damn it...I alway screw things up with my inappropriate language.

10-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
Quote:
Damn it...I alway screw things up with my inappropriate language.
I sent them back a message even though they won't care.

I told them I have been a faithful B's fan for over 50 years and a STH for 10.

I told them ALL of my entertaiment $$$ (plus) went to my B's tickets and now I have no $$$ and no entertainment.

I told them I had defended Jacobs before but now I am pissed off. I said I knew it wasn't the folks who work for the B's fault but I would like someone to tell Mr Jacobs to get his head out of his ass and get a deal signed. PURE GREED is what this is.

I told them someone aught to consider the folks who work for the B's and at the Garden who lost half the basketball season last year and are now getting screwed again.

I said that going to the games is therapy for me and because I have no games to attend I will take it out on someone I work with and probably get fired..then I won't be able to afford ST and will loose my house and have to live in a cardboard box by the side of the road.

I know....It was a waste of time to send it.

10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
bossfan

I really really really hope that there is a State Of The Bruins event next season, assuming that there will be a next season. That will be when we can tell Mr. Jacobs how we feel about being screwed by him. It won't change the man that he is but I want to see his reactions and watch him squirm as STH after STH blasts him for the way that we have been treated during this lockout fiasco.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Where are the non obvious good seats at Gillette? Or to put it another way, which seats are the best value at Gillette?

Old
10-27-2012, 12:21 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Where are the non obvious good seats at Gillette? Or to put it another way, which seats are the best value at Gillette?
Easy answer I had to log in to help ya out since you're the man with the youtubes.

The bottom rung of the upper level isn't worth paying for since the upper level is so freakin high to begin with. You want to be rows 8-14 of the upper. And just avoid the 2 corner most sections. Make sure you are in line with the goal line and not behind the back of the end zone.

You should be able to find a row 10 or 11 upper level seat the third or fourth section in from the end zone for about the same price as the cheapest piece of junk on the hub. I wouldn't pay to be at the 50. Nor would I pay for the first 5 or 6 rows of the upper since the luxury boxes and red seats make it a space ship.

If you want to move down...alcohol free sections of the 200s are cheapest. As for the lower level the end zones are still outrageously high so you might find a decent corner close to the sideline for what the end zones cost but they get snapped up quickly.

Watch out for getting protective custodied too. It happened to me for no reason I just left the game a little too early so wasn't walking in a big crowd when it happened and got arrested for no reason. (No incident or anything I was just walking.) AND... in the drunk tank everyone there was stone cold sober (I was at least drunk but I didn't have to drive that day so had a bunch of beers) it was ridiculous to see totally normal people had been arrested for little/no reason at all.

I've been in drunk tanks in my youth and the one they do at foxboro is nothing like any drunk tank its nice middle class people who really aren't drunk being thrown in a jail cell for what seemed like no reason at all. Wasn't shocked at all by the countryfest numbers after that little experience. Trust me though I was at least hammered the other people in that drunk tank weren't so as ridiculous as my arrest was no clue how these people got targetted and popped for being drunk.

JJ, Kraft, Liverpool owners what great people I love giving them money....

Old
10-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Watch out for getting protective custodied too. It happened to me for no reason I just left the game a little too early so wasn't walking in a big crowd when it happened and got arrested for no reason. (No incident or anything I was just walking.) AND... in the drunk tank everyone there was stone cold sober (I was at least drunk but I didn't have to drive that day so had a bunch of beers) it was ridiculous to see totally normal people had been arrested for little/no reason at all.

I've been in drunk tanks in my youth and the one they do at foxboro is nothing like any drunk tank its nice middle class people who really aren't drunk being thrown in a jail cell for what seemed like no reason at all. Wasn't shocked at all by the countryfest numbers after that little experience. Trust me though I was at least hammered the other people in that drunk tank weren't so as ridiculous as my arrest was no clue how these people got targetted and popped for being drunk.

I'd normally read this and call B.S. To the uninformed it certainly sounds as though you were wasted and didn't realize how wasted you really were. However, I had a god friend have almost the exact same experience in Foxboro last year.

He went with three friends. They spent $450/each on nice lower level seats at the 50 year line. They got there a few hours early and tailgated. They admittedly all had beers before going in. Each of them had maybe two more beers during the first half.

At halftime my friend gets up to go to the bathroom. He walked out of the restroom with a beer in hand. He walked to the entry way of the entrance to the lower level where his seats were. He had to wait to walk down because a line had formed. He wasn't talking to anyone or doing anything besides holding a beer. He was looking in the opposite direction and a cop comes up behind him and grabs him...spilling his beer and pulling him away.

He asked the cop what he was doing. he told him he was intoxicated and was taking him to the drunk tank. My buddy was astonished. He asked the cop if he was kidding. Nope, he said.

The three friends he went to the game with had no idea what happened to him. He just vanished. They made him stay overnight in jail and released him in the morning. He said it was the most ridiculous experience he's ever encountered. His brother was at the game with him and just happened to be a cop (local NH town detective). He was also in disbelief.

I use to try to get to at least one Pats game a year. The last one I went to was the season opener against the Chiefs when Brady went down with a season ending injury.

I had 6 sro tickets to the game. I really don't deal in Pats tickets. I had bought 6 to use personally with friends. I ended up going with my boss at the time. The other 4 guys who were suppose to go all bagged on us because they were going to a bachelor party. Anyways, I have no experience with selling tickets at Foxboro. Face value on these tickets was $50 each. I believe I paid around $60 each with fees online.

I stood about 50 ft away from the tickets window holding the 4 tickets up. I asked 2 or 3 prople that walked by if they were interested in cheap tickets at face. All of them were looking for actual seats though. Sro can be tough for many for a 3.5-4 hour game.

So a lady walks up to me and steps right into my chest. She pulls a badge out from her coat hung around her neck by a chain and sticks it up in my face. She says "what do ya got there". I say, 4 tickets. She replies back "have any more"? I tell her just the two my friend and I are using. She proceeds to tell me it is against the law to sell ticket anywhere on the Pats property or around the property.

i told her I was selling them at FACE value...which was a loss after the online fees. She told me she didn't care and that i wasn't allowed to sell them for anything. not even below face value. Her and her male partner (both in plain cloths) frisked both my boss and I. She asked me for my name and told me she was going to run it against their records. If anything came back on my record i would "hear from them"...and had something to worry about.

She asked if we were with anyone or were waiting for anyone. When I said no she gave us back two of the tickets and took the remaining 4. She said they were keeping them as "evidence".

My boss and I both would have been willing to bet they were handing them off to their department buddies.

The only reason I wasn't more pissed was that while the woman officer was dealing with me a guy came up to her and was trying to sell her 4 nice lower level seats. Her partner took him aside and he was all but in tears. I specifically remember him telling the guy "I'm shaking in my boots here. These are my season tickets. I've never done this before".

I was just glad I was only losing for 4 $50 tickets instead of 4 $179 tickets. Although I have a few friends who are cops, I'm still admittedly extremely biased against many of them. I wouldn't say the majority of them are power hungry or are dirty. But I whole heartedly believe a large percentage of them are. Large percentage being 20-25% or so.

Last edited by Looch: 10-27-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 04:10 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
I'd normally read this and call B.S. To the uninformed it certainly sounds as though you were wasted and didn't realize how wasted you really were. However, I had a god friend have almost the exact same experience in Foxboro last year.

He went with three friends. They spent $450/each on nice lower level seats at the 50 year line. They got there a few hours early and tailgated. They admittedly all had beers before going in. Each of them had maybe two more beers during the first half.

At halftime my friend gets up to go to the bathroom. He walked out of the restroom with a beer in hand. He walked to the entry way of the entrance to the lower level where his seats were. He had to wait to walk down because a line had formed. He wasn't talking to anyone or doing anything besides holding a beer. He was looking in the opposite direction and a cop comes up behind him and grabs him...spilling his beer and pulling him away.

He asked the cop what he was doing. he told him he was intoxicated and was taking him to the drunk tank. My buddy was astonished. He asked the cop if he was kidding. Nope, he said.

The three friends he went to the game with had no idea what happened to him. He just vanished. They made him stay overnight in jail and released him in the morning. He said it was the most ridiculous experience he's ever encountered. His brother was at the game with him and just happened to be a cop (local NH town detective). He was also in disbelief.

I use to try to get to at least one Pats game a year. The last one I went to was the season opener against the Chiefs when Brady went down with a season ending injury.

I had 6 sro tickets to the game. I really don't deal in Pats tickets. I had bought 6 to use personally with friends. I ended up going with my boss at the time. The other 4 guys who were suppose to go all bagged on us because they were going to a bachelor party. Anyways, I have no experience with selling tickets at Foxboro. Face value on these tickets was $50 each. I believe I paid around $60 each with fees online.

I stood about 50 ft away from the tickets window holding the 4 tickets up. I asked 2 or 3 prople that walked by if they were interested in cheap tickets at face. All of them were looking for actual seats though. Sro can be tough for many for a 3.5-4 hour game.

So a lady walks up to me and steps right into my chest. She pulls a badge out from her coat hung around her neck by a chain and sticks it up in my face. She says "what do ya got there". I say, 4 tickets. She replies back "have any more"? I tell her just the two my friend and I are using. She proceeds to tell me it is against the law to sell ticket anywhere on the Pats property or around the property.

i told her I was selling them at FACE value...which was a loss after the online fees. She told me she didn't care and that i wasn't allowed to sell them for anything. not even below face value. Her and her male partner (both in plain cloths) frisked both my boss and I. She asked me for my name and told me she was going to run it against their records. If anything came back on my record i would "hear from them"...and had something to worry about.

She asked if we were with anyone or were waiting for anyone. When I said no she gave us back two of the tickets and took the remaining 4. She said they were keeping them as "evidence".

My boss and I both would have been willing to bet they were handing them off to their department buddies.

The only reason I wasn't more pissed was that while the woman officer was dealing with me a guy came up to her and was trying to sell her 4 nice lower level seats. Her partner took him aside and he was all but in tears. I specifically remember him telling the guy "I'm shaking in my boots here. These are my season tickets. I've never done this before".

I was just glad I was only losing for 4 $50 tickets instead of 4 $179 tickets. I have a few friends that are cops. But I admittedly am extremely based against them. I wouldn't say that the majority of them are power hungry or are dirty. But I whole heartedly believe a large percentage of them are. Large percentage being 20-25% or so.
lame.
im glad they dont do that in the nautica garage or the garden.
Id be in that thing for every game nite.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Pretty lame. After Brady retires theyll be begging for the drunks, when Gillete is empty and games are blacked out

Old
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Easy answer I had to log in to help ya out since you're the man with the youtubes.

The bottom rung of the upper level isn't worth paying for since the upper level is so freakin high to begin with. You want to be rows 8-14 of the upper. And just avoid the 2 corner most sections. Make sure you are in line with the goal line and not behind the back of the end zone.

You should be able to find a row 10 or 11 upper level seat the third or fourth section in from the end zone for about the same price as the cheapest piece of junk on the hub. I wouldn't pay to be at the 50. Nor would I pay for the first 5 or 6 rows of the upper since the luxury boxes and red seats make it a space ship.

If you want to move down...alcohol free sections of the 200s are cheapest. As for the lower level the end zones are still outrageously high so you might find a decent corner close to the sideline for what the end zones cost but they get snapped up quickly.

Thanks, that was helpful. Unfortunately it's my brother going and not me, he's been bagged over there a couple times himself, once was legit but the other time he wasn't even drinking. Only reason they can get away with it is the popularity of the Pats and the wine and cheese crowd they draw. If they pulled that **** at the Garden they'd riot.

Anyway, he told me he wants the best he can get under $300 each, not in the upper level. I was thinking the first rows of the upper would work but thanks for letting me know they're not. Will probably look at corners now.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
Ill settle for a signed stick......... Oh....wait...they owe me that already...
I know right ! Where the hell are the signed sticks they promised us ? The players said the hell with signing any items to the fans who help pay a percentage of their livelihood. I really think that both sides are rich crybabies who don't give a **** about true fans of the game of hockey ! I'm glad I wrote this season off early .......jack-----

Old
10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:

I was just glad I was only losing for 4 $50 tickets instead of 4 $179 tickets. Although I have a few friends who are cops, I'm still admittedly extremely biased against many of them. I wouldn't say the majority of them are power hungry or are dirty. But I whole heartedly believe a large percentage of them are. Large percentage being 20-25% or so.
Wow thats insane. The scalpers at the Pats seem to be right on the edge of the property either where you cross the street or if you are coming from north of the stadium right where you enter the parking lot. I guess I know why they aren't near the ticket windows after reading that.

And yah I was wasted but I did nothing wrong and in the drunk tank all the poor folks in there probably deserved to be there even less than me.

Kraft deserves a nice big class action lawsuit against him for that crap. Especially considering the fact that he's probably far more tanked than most of the people he is arresting.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Wow thats insane. The scalpers at the Pats seem to be right on the edge of the property either where you cross the street or if you are coming from north of the stadium right where you enter the parking lot. I guess I know why they aren't near the ticket windows after reading that.
And yah I was wasted but I did nothing wrong and in the drunk tank all the poor folks in there probably deserved to be there even less than me.

Kraft deserves a nice big class action lawsuit against him for that crap. Especially considering the fact that he's probably far more tanked than most of the people he is arresting.
I think Grousbeck is the best owner in this town. Celtics offer family 4 packs for less then a lower bowl at Gillette. And they've accomplished more of late.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Do they even have SRO tickets anymore?

I went to the AFC Championship game and was yelled at all game by the "Stand behind the red line" nazi. Patriots games are too much of a pain in the ass.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I think Grousbeck is the best owner in this town. Celtics offer family 4 packs for less then a lower bowl at Gillette. And they've accomplished more of late.
Maybe it's just me, but that could be because basketball is less fun to watch in person.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:49 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post

I went to the AFC Championship game and was yelled at all game by the "Stand behind the red line" nazi. Patriots games are too much of a pain in the ass.
they are a pain.
the traffic is my main issue. I went to one game last year, and it took us an hour to park once we were inside the parking area.

I usually never even go into the stadium when i go. 4 of the last 5 games Ive been to I just stayed out in the parking lot and tailgated

Old
10-29-2012, 07:11 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:

SRO's? standing room only? If thats what you mean im pretty sure you can only get them from people who are the waiting list for season tickets. I was in standing room only for a sunday night game during the undefeated regular season. I called up last season to see if they had any and they said those go out to waiting list for season ticket holders or season ticket holders and can grab two of them. This was more than a year ago so things could've changed or my memory could be hazy.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:28 AM
RBurgundy

I don't think they offer SRO's anymore at Gillette. I'm on the wait list and haven't been offered them in a couple years. I think the best value in the secondary market is in the 200 level, good view up there and usually much cheaper than the endzone seats.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

Nope. They said they were a safety concern apparently

So now the cheapest ticket is $85 for third level corners. I haven't sat up there in the new place yet. But I sat there in Foxboro Stadium and hated it. It was way to far away to see anything. And the new stadium it's gotta be 100-150 ft further up. Just not worth it. $50 sro's were the best value in the place. I just can't bring myself to pay $400 for a regular season game...especially when I'm freezing my a$$ off!

Old
10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Nope. They said they were a safety concern apparently

So now the cheapest ticket is $85 for third level corners. I haven't sat up there in the new place yet. But I sat there in Foxboro Stadium and hated it. It was way to far away to see anything. And the new stadium it's gotta be 100-150 ft further up. Just not worth it. $50 sro's were the best value in the place. I just can't bring myself to pay $400 for a regular season game...especially when I'm freezing my a$$ off!
I might pay 400 a seat if it was the afc championship. Thats about it.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I might pay 400 a seat if it was the afc championship. Thats about it.
You'd be surprised what people would pay to see a regular season game. I was just looking over last years B's sales (yeah, things are slow around here ).

These were the top regular season games I sold last year for a group of 4 high row loge 7 seats-

11/25 Wings- $450/each

1/21 Rangers $399/each

1/7 Canucks $375/each

3/17 Flyers $356/each

12/23 Panthers $335/each

12/19 Habs $335/each

Old
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
You'd be surprised what people would pay to see a regular season game. I was just looking over last years B's sales (yeah, things are slow around here ).

These were the top regular season games I sold last year for a group of 4 high row loge 7 seats-

11/25 Wings- $450/each

1/21 Rangers $399/each

1/7 Canucks $375/each

3/17 Flyers $356/each

12/23 Panthers $335/each

12/19 Habs $335/each
I can see wings, rangers, nucks and flyers... panthers? **** even the habs at that time sucked.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I can see wings, rangers, nucks and flyers... panthers? **** even the habs at that time sucked.
The game right before Christmas with the Rancournaments and Christmas carols is a highly in demand game, regardless of the opponant.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

11/25 Wings- $450/each

1/21 Rangers $399/each

1/7 Canucks $375/each

3/17 Flyers $356/each

12/23 Panthers $335/each

12/19 Habs $335/each
11/25 Detroit, 11/26 Winnipeg, 12/23 Panthers were big ones for me.

And the games were pretty useless and uneventful. Hey everyone, lets the the Thrashers new jerseys.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The game right before Christmas with the Rancournaments and Christmas carols is a highly in demand game, regardless of the opponant.
I didn't even look at the date.. i just saw panthers at $335 haha. $335 is a lot of dough but i think they got their moneys worth that night.

Closed Thread