HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: "Whatever the future holds is going to be fine with me"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
  #151
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholesickcrew View Post
Wasn't he third all-star in the OHL? Nothing to sneeze at, but doesn't exactly match Petrovic's achievement in the W, which is known for producing quality dmen.
I think you and I see similarly here. Blacker is a solid prospect and well rounded but not a dominant D-man both physically or mentally as Petrovic. Although stats to some without viewing I might add, would indicate otherwise. No offense Zibby.

Grod is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
  #152
wholesickcrew
Registered User
 
wholesickcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
I think you and I see similarly here. Blacker is a solid prospect and well rounded but not a dominant D-man both physically or mentally as Petrovic. Although stats to some without viewing I might add, would indicate otherwise. No offense Zibby.
Exactly. I'd love to have Blacker in the prospect pool, but given the choice, I'd take Petrovic.

wholesickcrew is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 10:23 AM
  #153
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Honestly one of the worst jobs at presenting the sources to a claimed trade rumour.
Are you being sarcastic?? He was asked for links....and provided multiple. What more could you want. I'll tell you this, (and i'm not going to spend time searching archives) at the time surrounding the draft, the rumour of Schenn being offered was reported on Sportsnet radio and tv,TSN radio and tv as well as CBC tv.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 10:56 AM
  #154
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Ha, so you're worried about the presentation? What about the substance? Question Elliotte Friedman as well?


I knew you would dismiss it. It's far easier to do so without presenting anything of value yourself. The "I can guarantee X" drivel that you've been spouting here has no more weight than a fart in the wind. _That's_ the stuff that should be dismissed outright.


You're not connected. You can't guarantee a thing. So why feel the need to pretend like you can?
I notice, he has yet to reply to this post, or in any kind of reasonable fashion to your previous post where you found the 'sources' that he asked for. Interesting. I'm still waiting to hear why JVR has a higher value than Roberto Luongo...but I'm sure he'll explain that as well later.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:04 AM
  #155
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
I notice, he has yet to reply to this post, or in any kind of reasonable fashion to your previous post where you found the 'sources' that he asked for. Interesting. I'm still waiting to hear why JVR has a higher value than Roberto Luongo...but I'm sure he'll explain that as well later.
Age and Contract will be his answer.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:05 AM
  #156
wholesickcrew
Registered User
 
wholesickcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Age and Contract will be his answer.
Age and pedigree. It's not like JVR's contract is amazing looking at past performance.

wholesickcrew is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:10 AM
  #157
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholesickcrew View Post
Age and pedigree. It's not like JVR's contract is amazing looking at past performance.
Only speaking in terms of length. That seems to be the sticking point about Lu's deal for some,even though it is circumvented.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
  #158
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Only speaking in terms of length. That seems to be the sticking point about Lu's deal for some,even though it is circumvented.
Despite the fact that his contract can be buried in the minors, and the playoff revenue Luongo will help generate gives his value to the Leafs a positive NPV even if you assume his contract will need to be buried in 6-9 years from now. It really is a no brainer in my mind.

As a Canuck fan, if someone said that a player like Marian Hossa (almost identical contract) were available, I'd expect to pay a hell of a lot more than Keith Ballard and a 2, or Anton Rodin, Yann Sauve and a 2, so I don't know why people think Luongo's value is similar to that low ball example. It makes no sense.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
  #159
HockeyTalkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Despite the fact that his contract can be buried in the minors, and the playoff revenue Luongo will help generate gives his value to the Leafs a positive NPV even if you assume his contract will need to be buried in 6-9 years from now. It really is a no brainer in my mind.

As a Canuck fan, if someone said that a player like Marian Hossa (almost identical contract) were available, I'd expect to pay a hell of a lot more than Keith Ballard and a 2, or Anton Rodin, Yann Sauve and a 2, so I don't know why people think Luongo's value is similar to that low ball example. It makes no sense.
I don't care what the value or cost is. The Leafs need this guy.

HockeyTalkey is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:43 AM
  #160
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Despite the fact that his contract can be buried in the minors, and the playoff revenue Luongo will help generate gives his value to the Leafs a positive NPV even if you assume his contract will need to be buried in 6-9 years from now. It really is a no brainer in my mind.

As a Canuck fan, if someone said that a player like Marian Hossa (almost identical contract) were available, I'd expect to pay a hell of a lot more than Keith Ballard and a 2, or Anton Rodin, Yann Sauve and a 2, so I don't know why people think Luongo's value is similar to that low ball example. It makes no sense.
Trade away a star and the other team benefits more than you do. That's the way it has gone pretty well ever since trading started.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:47 AM
  #161
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Trade away a star and the other team benefits more than you do. That's the way it has gone pretty well ever since trading started.
I agree to an extent. It's very very rare to see deals similar to the Heatley-Hossa deal from years back, but that's not to say that trading a star has to mean that the team giving him up is going to get garbage in return.

For example, the Canucks could trade Luongo to the Leafs for Lupul or Grabovski. The Leafs get the better player, but the Canucks get a player that addresses a key weakness. Or in other words, a trade that both teams can be happy with.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
  #162
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,235
vCash: 500
Kessel (star) for Seguin, Knight and Hamilton.

Trading away a star doesn't neccessarily mean you lost the deal.

But this will not reflect the upcoming Luongo trade unless Gillis uses some sortof sorcery.


TOML

TOML is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
  #163
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,850
vCash: 500
Luongo is talented..extremely talented. Cap hit is fair. However considering his age the length of his contract brings his value down. IF Luongo were on a 3yr deal, teams would be lining up to trade for him

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:30 PM
  #164
81Leafs50
Registered User
 
81Leafs50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
People need to be realistic. Luongo is and that is why he is calm and showing up at all the team events showing himself to be a classy veteran.

The CAP is going to come down by a lot. So they cannot keep both and Luongo knows this.

Luongo will be traded no doubt about it.

81Leafs50 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:36 PM
  #165
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Despite the fact that his contract can be buried in the minors, and the playoff revenue Luongo will help generate gives his value to the Leafs a positive NPV even if you assume his contract will need to be buried in 6-9 years from now. It really is a no brainer in my mind.

As a Canuck fan, if someone said that a player like Marian Hossa (almost identical contract) were available, I'd expect to pay a hell of a lot more than Keith Ballard and a 2, or Anton Rodin, Yann Sauve and a 2, so I don't know why people think Luongo's value is similar to that low ball example. It makes no sense.
Don't mistake my post as me not understanding Lu's contract. I was saying that term is the issue for "most". His contract is ideal for a cash rich team like TO, higher salary than cap. And, it's essentially a 5-6 year deal.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
  #166
Ballgarath
Registered User
 
Ballgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
sorry i dont have the quote but LU has already said he will only play 4-5 more years, but no one seems to care what LU says about that, im not sure why when the guy himself says he will only play 4-5 more years everyone figures he will try to play till he is 43.

Ballgarath is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:41 PM
  #167
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I agree to an extent. It's very very rare to see deals similar to the Heatley-Hossa deal from years back, but that's not to say that trading a star has to mean that the team giving him up is going to get garbage in return.

For example, the Canucks could trade Luongo to the Leafs for Lupul or Grabovski. The Leafs get the better player, but the Canucks get a player that addresses a key weakness. Or in other words, a trade that both teams can be happy with.
You really have to let this notion go. The Leafs CANNOT trade a 1st line winger (the only guy who's worked with Kessel) or the best center we have. I've said countless times, the Leafs DO NOT have the depth to do such a deal.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
  #168
Freudian
Deja vu again?
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 32,294
vCash: 50
That both the team and Luongo are saying the right things is to be expected, but I can't imagine either party want to have a situation with both Luongo and Schneider in Vancouver, now that the team has declared that Schneider is their guy.

It's hard to predict trade return since there are so many factors involved.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
  #169
Ballgarath
Registered User
 
Ballgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
People need to be realistic. Luongo is and that is why he is calm and showing up at all the team events showing himself to be a classy veteran.

The CAP is going to come down by a lot. So they cannot keep both and Luongo knows this.

Luongo will be traded no doubt about it.
your right but the players will be doing a roll back as well dont kid yourself , with a roll back the cap being lowered doesnt necessarily put teams over the cap some will be over but it wont be as big a gap as some of you are saying.And with players like Booth they could hang on to LU and move booth for zero salary coming back late pick or something. having LU when the season starts isnt the best situation for Van but it could be worse we could be going into the season with riemer/scrivens. not picking on T.O. just saying.

Ballgarath is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
  #170
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
your right but the players will be doing a roll back as well dont kid yourself , with a roll back the cap being lowered doesnt necessarily put teams over the cap some will be over but it wont be as big a gap as some of you are saying.And with players like Booth they could hang on to LU and move booth for zero salary coming back late pick or something. having LU when the season starts isnt the best situation for Van but it could be worse we could be going into the season with riemer/scrivens. not picking on T.O. just saying.
The players are very much opposed to a rollback.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 01:24 PM
  #171
Ballgarath
Registered User
 
Ballgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
The players are very much opposed to a rollback.
that may be true but look at the bigger guys like the nfl with a 50/50 split and profit sharing, the players will be taking a roll back 100% and if anyone thinks other wise they are dreaming.

Ballgarath is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
  #172
Puck Propaganda
The Dictator
 
Puck Propaganda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hockey Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
The only way I see there not being a rollback is if the NHLPA caves on some other issues, such as contract length and UFA eligibility.

Puck Propaganda is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM
  #173
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Ha, so you're worried about the presentation? What about the substance? Question Elliotte Friedman as well?
To me it looks like Friedman was simply quoting the other journos, not confirming any of the rumors.

Pepper is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
  #174
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You really have to let this notion go. The Leafs CANNOT trade a 1st line winger (the only guy who's worked with Kessel) or the best center we have. I've said countless times, the Leafs DO NOT have the depth to do such a deal.
I've said countless times the Canucks need forward help in the top 6. The Canucks aren't going to just dump Luongo.

I'll give up asking for Lupul or Grabovski when others give up insisting that Toronto can get Luongo for a song.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:36 PM
  #175
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I've said countless times the Canucks need forward help in the top 6. The Canucks aren't going to just dump Luongo.

I'll give up asking for Lupul or Grabovski when others give up insisting that Toronto can get Luongo for a song.
I've offered Kadri (our best NHL ready prospect),Macarthur (solid scoring winger) and a 2nd. Hardly a song. Buti'm sure someone will pay the high price.

Liferleafer is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.