Saturday Nights -Adult Pick Up Ice Hockey - Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, LI
I just wanted to spread the word about our saturday night adult ice hockey games that go on at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park on Long Island. Its every Saturday night from about 11:30pm - 2:00am.......and its $20 per person. The attendance has been getting very low for the last few weeks, so I asked the guy who organizes it if he would mind if I spread the word. For the record, I dont make any money off this. I just wanted to spread the word to help get a better turn out so we can have some fun nights of playing ice hockey. Heres a run down.....
- Every Saturday night, Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park ( 11:30 pm - 2:00 am )
- Come down around 11:15pm, suit up, 15-20 minutes of warm up on a fresh sheet of ice and then we play until about 2:00 am
- Ages 16 and up
- Full equiptment required - chest ( optional ), shin, elbow, helmet ( cage recommended ), gloves and ice hockey shorts.
- No contact ( a little bump here or there going for the puck, but no hits ).
- No bomb slap shots.......not trying to kill the goalies
- Skill levels can vary ( we have had guys who are real good, guys that are not so good and everything in between.).........at the very least, you should know how to skate on ice. You dont need to be awesome, just be able to skate.
- Come with a good attitude and looking to have fun. Its a good time with good people. I've been doing it for about a year now and we have rearely had a problem with bad players coming down.
If you are a goalie, please PM me. I will give you the phone number of the guy who runs it ( Ralph ). Usually they try to have 3 goalies max, so that the amount of playing time is good for each goalie. Its best to call Ralph and ask if he has enough goailes before coming down. There have been nights where we had 4+ goalies and we had to turn some away. Right now we have 2 pretty consistent goalies.