HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XX)

Old
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
If we do a poll on current Devils, my heart is going to break. I can't do it. I like everyone on this team.
No you don`t. We just signed Krys Barch.

But I agree with your sentiment. It`s probably the most likeable team I remember. Of course, I was a kid back in 2000, so my overall perception was different back then. Not to mention I didn`t have as many information about certain players as I do now, but still.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
No you don`t. We just signed Krys Barch.

But I agree with your sentiment. It`s probably the most likeable team I remember. Of course, I was a kid back in 2000, so my overall perception was different back then. Not to mention I didn`t have as many information about certain players as I do now, but still.
Did you read Krys Barch's rant about the lockout? How can you hate a guy like that.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Did you read Krys Barch's rant about the lockout? How can you hate a guy like that.
Easily. That`d be like hating Tim Thomas because of his political opinions, which has nothing to do with what he`s able to do on the ice.

Personality is important, no doubt about that. One of the reasons I always kinda liked Roenick, but it`s not the most important thing for a pro.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

After reading Barch's rant I'm kinda worried about him. I could be totally wrong, but reading it gives me the feeling this is a possibility.

I don't disagree with a single thing he said, but I hope he's not a head case in the locker room. Like a guy who complains if he's sat in the playoffs. A lot have speculated this is what Boulton did, and that's why he was waived. Boulton gave an interview on the morning of our second to last game of the season vs the Wings. It was his last for us. Saying he wanted to prove to the coaches he belonged in the playoffs. He also sounded really bitter about being waived the first time as if he didn't realize how horrible he was.

If I'm totally wrong about this, and hope I am then it's a non issue. I just hope Barch isn't like Boulton in that regard.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:37 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Easily. That`d be like hating Tim Thomas because of his political opinions, which has nothing to do with what he`s able to do on the ice.

Personality is important, no doubt about that. One of the reasons I always kinda liked Roenick, but it`s not the most important thing for a pro.
holla holla holla

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:46 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Poor Krys Barch is gonna have to work for 50 more years after already making more than most make in a lifetime

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Henrique, Josefson, Larsson, and Tedenby's AHL salary's are between $65k and $70k grand for a year. That sucks man. I made more than that when I lived up north!

Butler's lucky. I think his AHL salary is $105k for a year. The entry level guys are making a little more than half that. I think Frazee makes around $65k too. Wasn't he the one driving the 98 Accord?

Old
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Zippy316

Vote Jon Merrill....

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1269775

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Poor Krys Barch is gonna have to work for 50 more years after already making more than most make in a lifetime
my thoughts exactly

he seems like a well spoken guy. i just didn't agree with anything he had to say.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
It's hard to sympathise with any of them, but the grinders can be given some leeway. They tend to make less, their careers run shorter, and they take more health risks. But still, there is a disconnect because of their $500 K minimum salary.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
I don't see the disconnect. If I make 50k a year at a business that makes record profits for a decade, how am I gonna take my boss telling me "we need to cut back your salary because we're running out of money."

They deserve what they (and the owners) have proved they deserved.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
engy

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I don't see the disconnect. If I make 50k a year at a business that makes record profits for a decade, how am I gonna take my boss telling me "we need to cut back your salary because we're running out of money."

So your boss runs a franchise whose parent company is making record revenues but his particular business is losing money. Is that not justification for your paycut?

engy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post

In this economy, most people would begrudgingly take the cut and be glad they still have a job instead of being laid off. The economics in pro sports don't work the same way.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I actually feel bad for Frazee at this point. Kinkaid, and other underpaid AHL players.

They are both making around $60k grand a year to play there. At least Henrique, Josefson, Larsson, Tedenby, and Butler have all made real NHL money, and hundreds of thousands already. Frazee's driving a 15 year old Accord, and probably has to rent some sleazy apartment that comes with free pets.

The goalies are paid nothing hardly.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Nick0930

Frazee should ask Moose if he can move in with him and the other boys.

Nick0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

One good thing about the season not starting on time is we don't have to play Washington in their building to open up. That's the only good thing.

Remember the last two times we opened there? One blowout in 01, and an abysmal one just 2 years ago. It wasn't our opener that year, but second game of the season. Marty, and he and Moose were both brutal, all of the first half of that years problems aside. That was a worse game from them than the Calgary one last year. They both had a gaping 7 hole, and Moose with the nice gift on one of the Caps goals.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:10 PM
CerebralGenesis

lol seriously 01?

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Beetlebum*

I remember that game too Berglund and Bicek were playing if my memory serves me correct.

Beetlebum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
lol seriously 01?
I was mostly referring to the 2010 game. We did play a game there to open the season in 01 or 02, and it was a very similar result. It was whatever season Jagr first got there. I remember being puzzled how Jagr seemed to be torching us more that night, than he did all them years in Pittsburgh.

The 2010 game was really bad. Marty was ugly that night, and Moose was just as ugly when he came in. Kovy was in a fight, and that was probably the last we saw of PL3 cause he started the whole thing, and was sent down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
I remember that game too Berglund and Bicek were playing if my memory serves me correct.
Haha I remember a lot of those random guys. Bicek, Dagenais, Berglund, Jefferson. Haha.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Zajacs Faceoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
One good thing about the season not starting on time is we don't have to play Washington in their building to open up. That's the only good thing.

Remember the last two times we opened there? One blowout in 01, and an abysmal one just 2 years ago. It wasn't our opener that year, but second game of the season. Marty, and he and Moose were both brutal, all of the first half of that years problems aside. That was a worse game from them than the Calgary one last year. They both had a gaping 7 hole, and Moose with the nice gift on one of the Caps goals.
I think we opened up against Dallas that year. I remember being there, the team looked awesome, Kovy, Zajac and Arnott all scoring, then they fell apart and lost in OT. That was the beginning....

Zajacs Faceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Faceoff View Post
I think we opened up against Dallas that year. I remember being there, the team looked awesome, Kovy, Zajac and Arnott all scoring, then they fell apart and lost in OT. That was the beginning....
Yeah we did open at home against Dallas. It technically wasn't the opener against Washington. I think it may have been for them? It was still close enough, and all I can think about opening a season there is that clunker.

Yeah the Dallas game was bad, but not brutal. I was there too, and we looked like an elite team in the first 10 minutes. I think Zach, and Trav scored in the first 10 minutes, and Kovy hit a very loud post that I thought was for sure a goal where I was sitting. After that Dallas took over.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
In this economy, most people would begrudgingly take the cut and be glad they still have a job instead of being laid off. The economics in pro sports don't work the same way.
But what if your boss said he was getting a pay raise when all was said and done?

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I'm getting tired of nostalgia. I just want some NHL hockey. The KHL and AHL aren't really the same for me.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Nick0930

Devils/Caps tonight. Where's the GDT?

Nick0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:50 AM
EliasFTW

Quote: