HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XX)

Old
11-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Lou's roast was tonight.

Scotty K ‏@Scottyk9
@KenDaneykoMSG hope some of it gets on youtube. The fans only get to see the "godfather" side of Lou

Ken Daneyko ‏@KenDaneykoMSG
@Scottyk9 he is actually very funny!
That would be great if we could get some clips of it because reading Stan's tweets, made it seem even better

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler
The Lou Lamoriello Roast was a 5-star success partly because Lou stole the show with terrific ad libs throughout and a first-rate dais.

The NHL's John Dellapina told one of the best Lou stories as did Ken Daneyko. Great to see Yogi and Carmen Berra, Jackie McMullen.....

Not to mention Tim Lamoriello and Yankees president Randy Levine. And a full house despite the Nor'easter. Yogi Museum did a first-class job

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

That highlights video ends really sad with the Kings celebrating. The depressing music as Parise walks into the tunnel as the video ends. That part to me isn't that sad. I didn't see this video until after Parise left. I only discovered it a month or so ago actually.

It ended with a very bad taste in my mouth. A distraught, and defeated looking Parise, the guy who's main priority was to win. The guy who seemed most dissatisfied with first round losses year after year. The guy is a total joke, and I never hated Minnesota but just to spite him I hope they finish in 9th place yearly. And then Zach becomes the Luongo of Minnesota with all the media pressure, and criticism.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Parise isn't worth that contract and I felt he was overrated all year. I'm glad we opened up a roster spot for an actual team need (RW)

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:35 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Parise isn't worth that contract and I felt he was overrated all year. I'm glad we opened up a roster spot for an actual team need (RW)
I loved to watch him. I'm probably gonna miss him a bit. But he is worth to me Patty's contract tops. Cause he can't carry our team. That is clear to me after all these years. Patty carried us. And Kovy took over. Both wings Plain and simple. This was his team long before ZPar bolted.
And I feel we are good to go. We are in winner's hands.

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

I'm more worried that Butler, and Tedenby are our only current options to replace him, than I am losing him to begin with.

That, and we didn't re sign Sykora who I think can still provide us with scoring depth. Not to mention Sykie wanted to be with the Devils badly unlike that other POS. We may have even lost Poni over him too, but maybe not. We were middle of the league as far as goal scoring goes last year. If our PK was only average, and our PP was exactly where it was we would have probably given up more goals, than we scored last year. Our D men in the regular season as I keep saying had the scoring capabilities of 3 Colin White's, and 3 Dano's on most nights too.

I wouldn't have minded Parise at $7.5 million cap hit. Not for 13 years though. Maybe for 5, or 7 tops. His contract sucks, and the tipping point came when he got coned by Kopitar in game 3. I didn't want him back for a lot after that.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:15 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm more worried that Butler, and Tedenby are our only current options to replace him, than I am losing him to begin with.
I feel the same way. I'm really not optimistic about either of them, and I won't be until they start producing at the NHL level.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Ah yea thats what happened that game

But I went back and did some looking - it was actually the game that Clarkson scored last minute to tie the game against the Rangers on that bounce off the glass

This is where it began, some great memes and photoshops came of it in that thread and the rest of the year

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post43398129
I looked further up the page you linked in that thread, and I saw ILIVM complimenting one Rangers poster for being levelheaded, with a link to the post.

I clicked on that, and wouldn't you know it? The guy is banned now. I guess he was making too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Lou's roast was tonight.

Scotty K ‏@Scottyk9
@KenDaneykoMSG hope some of it gets on youtube. The fans only get to see the "godfather" side of Lou
I'm wondering if I even want to see the other side of Lou. His cultivated Godfather image is part of the reason we all love him, maybe seeing him joke around too much would ruin it.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Nick0930

I still haven't seen the Kings celebrate their win, just can't bring myself to watch it. I turned off the game with 20 seconds left because I couldn't take it. It's too heartbreaking after an awesome run.

At least 2001 had a nice story with Ray Bourque.

Nick0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
I still haven't seen the Kings celebrate their win, just can't bring myself to watch it. I turned off the game with 20 seconds left because I couldn't take it. It's too heartbreaking after an awesome run.

I kept watching until Brown lifted the Cup, then I switched the channel. I felt like I should pay my respects to their success or something.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

I turned it off after the handshake line. I never watched them lift the Cup. However I did rewatch the 5 minute major PP a few times over. All the goals I think were tipped, or deflected, but people gave Marty **** for it I remember. I remember Greene, Fayne, and Zidlicky looking absolutely worthless on some of those goals. Zidlicky should not be on the PK after watching some of them, and others from this playoffs.

I watched the Avs lift the Cup in 2001. In the end I was even more mad about 01 than this year. We had a chance to win this thing at home in game 6. Talk about Marty choking he gave up that goal to Foote from 100 feet away unscreened, undeflected. The team left the building after that, and Marty gave up more bad goals. He was miles better this year in every series than that one against Roy in 01.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
I kept watching until Brown lifted the Cup, then I switched the channel. I felt like I should pay my respects to their success or something.
Forget their success, I only kept watching because I think you have to show your respect to the Cup. So I watched Brown lift it, and then a couple passes to the veteran players, and then I turned it off.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I turned it off as soon as they brought the Stanley Cup out.

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post

**** ray bourque and the cup he 'bought'

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

HAHAHAHA! Reading threads from a year ago on the main board how Marty, and the Devils won't be challenging for a Stanley Cup, and he's done after this year! LOL at those people!

Old
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Forget their success, I only kept watching because I think you have to show your respect to the Cup. So I watched Brown lift it, and then a couple passes to the veteran players, and then I turned it off.
i went to bed before the game was even over. couldn't take it.

selyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
i went to bed before the game was even over. couldn't take it.
My buddy did too. Another buddy who went out to LA for the Finals cause he has friends living out there had a really embarrassing night. After the 5 minute major he walked out of Staples Center. His friends he was there with are South Jersey/Flyers fan transplants. He left, and had to walk up the stands, and through the building after that. Sounded pretty shameful, and embarrassing. Took his friends truck back to their house, and the Kings fan friends got a ride from someone else after the game.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
apice3*

The Cup ceremony wasn't that bad.

The real gut punch was the 3rd Kings PP goal. Wanted to puke.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

sick of these lockouts and stoppages.

with the first one and the missed season marty has missed out on about 100 games which would roughly average out to 57 more wins and 10 shuotouts. (not including the leagues latest middle finger to the fans)

i know i cant give him credit for those due to unforeseen things like injuries or wear and tear but its something to think about when looking back at his records.

i guessing the missed games outweigh the benefit of the shootout by now.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Ya, Marty could have put the wins record even higher if he had played those years in his prime. Oh well, the fact that he did it anyway even after losing so many games is impressive.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Bosskarelli

I turned the tv off after the first goal, walked over to the computer which is just on the other side of the room, refreshed hfboards, and it was already 2-0. Pressed refresh again and it was 3-0.

It's one thing for the people here to be going "That's game" when the penalty was called, but I'm disappointed the team reacted the same way.

Bosskarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosskarelli View Post
I turned the tv off after the first goal, walked over to the computer which is just on the other side of the room, refreshed hfboards, and it was already 2-0. Pressed refresh again and it was 3-0.

It's one thing for the people here to be going "That's game" when the penalty was called, but I'm disappointed the team reacted the same way.
I can't blame that call for the series. The game yes, but we really needed to split one of those first two OT games at home to have a realistic shot at taking this to 7 games.

As far as Marty goes he gets 35-40 wins in 04/05, and 6-7 shutouts at least barring injury. Maybe another Vezina/Jennings, maybe more. I've said it before. In 94/95 he was still splitting a lot of time with Terreri. Might have missed out on 10 wins, and 2 shutouts or so. I still think he could have been serviceable today if he had played that whole season that there never was. He didn't start breaking down a little bit until two years ago, and he still wasn't as bad as his stats looked. Hedberg wasn't either. The team played no defense at all. Guys alone in the slot, guys losing their man, etc. No goaltender would have had a 900 save percentage on this team for that half season.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:59 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I can't blame that call for the series. The game yes, but we really needed to split one of those first two OT games at home to have a realistic shot at taking this to 7 games.

As far as Marty goes he gets 35-40 wins in 04/05, and 6-7 shutouts at least barring injury. Maybe another Vezina/Jennings, maybe more. I've said it before. In 94/95 he was still splitting a lot of time with Terreri. Might have missed out on 10 wins, and 2 shutouts or so. I still think he could have been serviceable today if he had played that whole season that there never was. He didn't start breaking down a little bit until two years ago, and he still wasn't as bad as his stats looked. Hedberg wasn't either. The team played no defense at all. Guys alone in the slot, guys losing their man, etc. No goaltender would have had a 900 save percentage on this team for that half season.
http://www.goaliesarchive.com/devils/yearbyyear.html

marty saw action in 40 games to terreri's 15 in '95. i shouldve maybe knocked of 12-15 game off the original 100 guess

dividing their minutes played by 60 showed the 2 played the equivalent of 41.4 games and 12.2 games each

Old
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The Cup ceremony wasn't that bad.

The real gut punch was the 3rd Kings PP goal. Wanted to puke.
holla. I thought I broke my hand punching the table. Maybe I missed and punched my phone actually, was a blur.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
http://www.goaliesarchive.com/devils/yearbyyear.html

marty saw action in 40 games to terreri's 15 in '95. i shouldve maybe knocked of 12-15 game off the original 100 guess
You know I really thought Terreri played more games that season. I think Marty got the hook a few times that year. I remember Marty not being very good in 95 during the regular season, but Terreri being really bad. A distinct memory I have is being at the Meadowlands seeing Terreri in net like a month into the season, and he had a few starts already, and hadn't won. I said to my buddy ''You know we're losing tonight right?''

Come to think of it looking at the stats Terreri only won 3 games that season. So that was probably 2 months into the season that year when that happened!

Old
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
holla. I thought I broke my hand punching the table. Maybe I missed and punched my phone actually, was a blur.
To think for the last two minutes or so it looked like we were gonna get out of that PK only down 2-0 too. It looked like they had things settled down. We overcame so much adversity this playoffs too, and answered the bell every time. Blowing the lead in game 3 vs Florida, and Clemmy coming in and making him look like Hasek. Then destroying him in game 4. Theodore shutting us out in game 5, and being down 3-2 in the series. Coming home, and blowing a 2-0 lead, but winning in OT to send it back to Florida. Blowing the 2-0 lead in the 3rd period in game 7, and then winning in double OT.

Losing game 1 to the Flyers in OT, beating them in game 2 with no Kovy. Being screwed by the refs in game 3 countless times, but killing off the OT penalties, and winning it.

Being shutout by Lundqvist in game 1, answering in game 2, only to be shut out in game 3 again, and answering in game 4. Blowing the 3-0 lead in game 5, and going up with just minutes to go in regulation, blowing the 2-0 lead in game 6 to win in OT.

Down 3-0 to LA. Getting the lead late in regulation after the BS boarding call on Clarkson, and PP goal. Hanging on in game 5. That penalty was the only adversity to crush us.