HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs hire Rick St. Croix as new goalie coach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
  #51
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Is there a reason that you wrote "upper management" when Allaire clearly said that his problem was with the other coaches?

Rhetorical question, we all know the reason. To derail this into another Burke-bash.
New goalie coach Rick St. Croix will face the same obstacles that Allaire claimed he faced, unless this time Burke decides to stem other employees involvement rather than condone it further.

Burke in his speech explained he was fully aware of the additional meddling into Allaire's responsibilities and also why he felt it was warranted in fact. Allaire's job title certainly didn't earn him the right nor authority, nor GM support to suggest to others hands off, this is his area of expertise, so butt out!!

So is something going to change now to resolve this situation with a new goalie coach, or is it just going to be business as usual status quo, all hands on deck?

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:25 PM
  #52
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
I think we're doomed hiring someone with a bit of an open mind and getting rid of that stubborn mule who was so full of himself he wasn't even a team player.

Okay, well maybe not.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM
  #53
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
New goalie coach Rick St. Croix will face the same obstacles that Allaire claimed he faced, unless this time Burke decides to stem other employees involvement rather than condone it further.

Burke in his speech explained he was fully aware of the additional meddling into Allaire's responsibilities and also why he felt it was warranted in fact. Allaire's job title certainly didn't earn him the right nor authority, nor GM support to suggest to others hands off, this is his area of expertise, so butt out!!

So is something going to change now to resolve this situation with a new goalie coach, or is it just going to be business as usual status quo, all hands on deck?
Allaire's job title was goalie consultant, he was not an official coach and had his outside interests which included working with goaltenders on other teams in the offseason. If St. Croix has the title of goalie coach as a full member of the organization like the rest of the staff then his position within the organization will be different from Allaire's.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
  #54
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why not?

When all of Toronto's media was ganging up on Allaire's way of teaching young goalies it was Brian Burke that stood up for him and said that he is the best goalie coach in the world...

Then when Allaire decides that the criticism is too much to handle he decides to leave and takes a shot by saying "I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach, they have 2-3 already" (paraphrasing).

I'd have slung mud back too.

You can hate Brian Burke for a lot of things but he always has the back of his players and management.
Too bad he didn't have the Fans.

Russell Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:04 PM
  #55
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Too bad he didn't have the Fans.
Why would he?

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:12 PM
  #56
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,222
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Too bad he didn't have the Fans.
He does. Let's not pretend you have the opinion of the majority.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #57
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
He does. Let's not pretend you have the opinion of the majority.
Let the antagonists have their cake....

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  #58
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Allaire's job title was goalie consultant, he was not an official coach and had his outside interests which included working with goaltenders on other teams in the offseason. If St. Croix has the title of goalie coach as a full member of the organization like the rest of the staff then his position within the organization will be different from Allaire's.
I just came across this article and it is saying, they are hiring St. Croix as a Consultant however it may not be correct.

http://www.nugget.ca/2012/09/18/leaf...nts-by-allaire

Quote:
Does this mean, especially considering Burkeís comments, that Reimer will be asked to change the way he does his job when a new goalie coach is hired? Reimer soon will be heading to Winnipeg, where he will work with former Leafs goalie Rick St. Croix. The latter most recently has been employed by the Winnipeg Jetsí AHL farm team in St. Johnís, and is expected to be named the Leafsí next goaltending consultant.

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  #59
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Hopefully St. Croix can't do any worse then Allaire and he can try to change some of the things Reimer previously learned.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.