HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Gamer Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2012, 04:03 AM
  #451
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I don't know what that is, but on Thurs I like to watch/record Parks and Rec, Office, Vampire Diaries(come at me bros,) and Community.
I like it to.

Also on Thursday is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Wilfred and Louie are on Thursday as well.

Person of Interest is a favourite also on Thursday.

Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are also on Thursday, though I don't care for either.

But The League is best.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:06 AM
  #452
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
I like it to.

Also on Thursday is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Wilfred and Louie are on Thursday as well.

Person of Interest is a favourite also on Thursday.

Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are also on Thursday, though I don't care for either.

But The League is best.
I read the synopsis of the show and it doesn't look like it would peak my interest. Don't care for football, so wouldn't get ANY of the jokes I think...?

Never gave the others a try except for bbt which sucks and so does thm.

Most of the shows I'll just record them and watch them during the winter break. Only ones I can't help myself are Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, SOA, Walking Dead, Modern Family, and Community.

KISSland is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:09 AM
  #453
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I read the synopsis of the show and it doesn't look like it would peak my interest. Don't care for football, so wouldn't get ANY of the jokes I think...?

Never gave the others a try except for bbt which sucks and so does thm.

Most of the shows I'll just record them and watch them during the winter break. Only ones I can't help myself are Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, SOA, Walking Dead, Modern Family, and Community.
I watch both Modern Family and Community, but I find The League to be better, if possible I would defiantly give it a shot, it's the best advice I could give.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:13 AM
  #454
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I read the synopsis of the show and it doesn't look like it would peak my interest. Don't care for football, so wouldn't get ANY of the jokes I think...?

Never gave the others a try except for bbt which sucks and so does thm.

Most of the shows I'll just record them and watch them during the winter break. Only ones I can't help myself are Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, SOA, Walking Dead, Modern Family, and Community.
Not much of a fan of football either, but it's hilarious. Football knowledge is not important to enjoy the show. It centers more around the group of people and their day-to-day lives more than football. Football serves more of a premise to the show rather than the focal point. It's a sitcom. Very comparable I find to Seinfeld or It's Always Sunny.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 06:35 AM
  #455
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 500
I know it is not on yet, but why is there no love for Happy Endings?
I think it has the best writing of any shows on TV right now.
It is a cruder version of Friends, and I love all the characters in them.

I love Louie, but I can't classify it.
It is not exactly a comedy, but it definitely has its funny moments.
Still, it has this existential and humanist touch to it, and more often than not I have this "aww" feeling than "laugh-out-loud" moments.
I think it is more about life, the unpredictable and sometimes absurd nature of it.

NBC has awful, awful shows, but Parks and Recreation is definitely one of its highlights.
Even though it is a spin-off of the Office, I think it really shows that Hollywood still has some great talents in them.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is just Seinfeld on crack.
I think that's the best description of it.
Great, great show about some terrible, terrible people.
I find Charlie Day a little 1-dimensional though, because he seems to be the same character in everything he does.

Thanks for suggesting The League.
I will check it out.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
  #456
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,093
vCash: 500
Anyone see The Walking Dead last night?

Holy Hannah. Great episode.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
  #457
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Anyone see The Walking Dead last night?

Holy Hannah. Great episode.
Some how I hope Carl dies in a way that Lori dies at the same time

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:34 PM
  #458
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Some how I hope Carl dies in a way that Lori dies at the same time
Hated Carl last season but with the way this season has started I think he could turn into someone I don't want to die off.... Lori on the other hand.


I don't know about you guys but I love this time of year. AMC Fear Fest with Friday the 13th Marathons....

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  #459
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,093
vCash: 500
Carl in that episode was markedly closer to "Comic Carl", which is a very good thing.

Also agree that Lori is still pretty well insufferable.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
  #460
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,451
vCash: 50
I wish that the zombie baby would eat her from the inside.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
  #461
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,093
vCash: 500
T-Dog actually had some lines, too! Astounding!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
  #462
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Carl in that episode was markedly closer to "Comic Carl", which is a very good thing.

Also agree that Lori is still pretty well insufferable.
I didn't mind her so much this episode actually and I really hate her lol.

Can't wait for Andrea to die. She's really sick so fingers crossed

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:14 PM
  #463
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Cobie Smulders rockin' a Canucks shirt on HIMYM tonight

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 04:03 AM
  #464
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Cobie Smulders rockin' a Canucks shirt on HIMYM tonight
Just saw that...
I find that the show can't capture that magic anymore.
I had high hopes for the episode, but it is just not as good as the crazy episodes of the earlier seasons.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 06:47 AM
  #465
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
I like it to.

Also on Thursday is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Wilfred and Louie are on Thursday as well.

Person of Interest is a favourite also on Thursday.

Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are also on Thursday, though I don't care for either.

But The League is best.
I haven't watched A.S.P, Louie and never heard of Person of Interest or The League.

Wilfred was really funny and a straight-up comedy in the first season. The second season has seen it turn darker, more of a drama-comedy. I haven't found any announcement on a season 3, but I hope it's back.

Big Bang Theory is still somewhat funny, although for a comedy about genius geeks, it sure doesn't challenge you to think very deeply. In a recent episode, they seemed to be hinting that Raj would become gay. If any of them turn out to be gay, it should be Sheldon IMO. He's never seemed to be that interested in Amy as more than just a friend, and the actor himself is gay.

Two and a Half Men, I always saw it as a Charlie Sheen vehicle. I was really put off by the first episode after his departure, just mean-spirited and petty by Chuck Lorre to basically have Charlie's family all but spitting on his grave. Lorre forgot to separate his ill-will for Sheen from the on-screen treatment of the Charlie character. Despite that, I gave it a shot for a while, even though I found Kutcher's character to be too weak to revolve the show around him. When they starting hinting that Evelyn was gay, I stopped watching altogether. She chased men all the time and didn't fit her character. It just seemed like change for change's sake and a symptom of bad writing. Lorre is using the same cheap plot twists on both Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Maybe Sheen was right about him...

Hammer79 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 02:38 PM
  #466
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I haven't watched A.S.P, Louie and never heard of Person of Interest or The League.
If you like Seinfeld, you will probably like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Just Seinfeld on crack.

Louie really depends on your taste.
It is not really a comedy, but it has its funny moments, and it has a lot of heart.

Person of Interest is ok...
It was created by Christopher Nolan's brother.
I find a little too many plot holes though.

Quote:
Wilfred was really funny and a straight-up comedy in the first season. The second season has seen it turn darker, more of a drama-comedy. I haven't found any announcement on a season 3, but I hope it's back.
I may check out the show, now you gave a pretty good review.

Quote:
Big Bang Theory is still somewhat funny, although for a comedy about genius geeks, it sure doesn't challenge you to think very deeply. In a recent episode, they seemed to be hinting that Raj would become gay. If any of them turn out to be gay, it should be Sheldon IMO. He's never seemed to be that interested in Amy as more than just a friend, and the actor himself is gay.
They are making Raj like Alan, except he is more successful professionally and financially.
I really doubt they will change the formula right now.

Quote:
Two and a Half Men, I always saw it as a Charlie Sheen vehicle. I was really put off by the first episode after his departure, just mean-spirited and petty by Chuck Lorre to basically have Charlie's family all but spitting on his grave. Lorre forgot to separate his ill-will for Sheen from the on-screen treatment of the Charlie character. Despite that, I gave it a shot for a while, even though I found Kutcher's character to be too weak to revolve the show around him. When they starting hinting that Evelyn was gay, I stopped watching altogether. She chased men all the time and didn't fit her character. It just seemed like change for change's sake and a symptom of bad writing. Lorre is using the same cheap plot twists on both Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Maybe Sheen was right about him...
They dropped hints at Evelyn's preferences throughout the show...
She also talked about her adventures with both men and women in her younger days, which made her sons uncomfortable and created one of the funnier moments.
I actually did not see a problem with that.
It is rather consistent.

I agree with you that the writing is bad.
Alan just comes off as creepy now.
Everyone is just going with the motions, and every season is about the same, with a twist here and there.

The problem is that Kutcher's character sucks.
He has no chemistry with Jake whatsoever, and that is why Jake rarely appears anymore.
It also does not make sense that he will let Alan and his son, people he has no relationships with, live with him.

Right now, they are trying to make him more like Charlie to salvage the show.
It is a little better, but I think it is too late.
The show should have been cancelled a long time ago.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
  #467
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Anything with Chuck Lorre I find hard to get behind. His shows have some funny moments to be sure, but few and far between. His premise of dialogue I find quite shallow and un-authentic, riddled with jargon and cliche. His character formula seems to be pretty basic, throw a bunch of flat characters together who do not develop at all from the start of the show's run to the end, make the characters generic so they are easy to relate to and throw in a couple hot chicks for eye candy.

I'm not bashing any of the actors, I think some of them do a good job with what they've got but the writing and development are so bland I almost can't watch it. I take that back, I can't watch it.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:33 AM
  #468
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 500
What is the going rate for a room in Downtown?
I got a friend who is planning a move.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:49 AM
  #469
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
I'm about to watch pitch perfect. God help me.

KISSland is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:51 AM
  #470
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Anyone see The Walking Dead last night?

Holy Hannah. Great episode.
Carl is eyeing up that one girl. Can't remember her name, but she rarely has any lines, so she's irrelevant to me pretty much. I also think Lori needs to die off too, what's the point of keeping her around anymore? I sure hope she doesn't die (if she does) because she gets eaten out by a baby zombie because everyone and their dogs have predicted that.

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 05:11 AM
  #471
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I haven't watched A.S.P, Louie and never heard of Person of Interest or The League.

Wilfred was really funny and a straight-up comedy in the first season. The second season has seen it turn darker, more of a drama-comedy. I haven't found any announcement on a season 3, but I hope it's back.
Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Louie are defiantly worth watching; but there is no recommendation better than The League if your interested in a comedy.

Person of Interest isn't a comedy, but it's good fun.

Agree with everything you said about Wilfred, I would be pissed if there's no Season 3.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 05:12 AM
  #472
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Just finished watch the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Better than I thought it would be.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 05:38 AM
  #473
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Just finished watch the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Better than I thought it would be.
The film is actually the last of Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name" trilogy.
If you haven't, watch the rest of the trilogy, with "A Fist Full of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More".

Then, watch the original inspiration for the films, "Yojimbo".
I assure you you would not regret it.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:11 AM
  #474
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
The film is actually the last of Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name" trilogy.
If you haven't, watch the rest of the trilogy, with "A Fist Full of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More".

Then, watch the original inspiration for the films, "Yojimbo".
I assure you you would not regret it.
Yeah, I'll have to look into it.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
  #475
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,971
vCash: 500
Currently trying to catch up on Homeland and it's an awesome show, but whenever I watch it, it feels like it's trying to brainwash me or something...

DennisReynolds is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.