HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Official 2012-2013 College Hockey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 10:42 PM
  #701
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,189
vCash: 500
Frustrating to be an MSU fan tonight. We mostly dominated the . . . . North Dakota, but two horrendous turnovers gave them the win.

State of Hockey is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 11:08 PM
  #702
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 643
It feels good. Floppers? That's a new one.

Rabid Husky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:23 AM
  #703
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Way to go Wisconsin

Jaykay is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:46 AM
  #704
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Watching this Minn / BSU game makes me think..... are most NHL tv viewing angles way too high? IMO this is the perfect angle. The players actually look big, you can see the dekes really good, etc. I wish NHL games could be at this angle / distance
I agree with this. These telecasts on Public Access here of the BSU games all year always seem to be able to see way more. Must be the structure of the arena that allows it. Most - maybe all - FSN broadcasts many times I can't clearly see some of the intricacies at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Congrats Rabid Husky and any other St. Cloud fans on SCSU's first MacNaughton.
Indeed. SCSU most my family's alum. Good to see them get that banner.

651* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:40 AM
  #705
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
It feels good. Floppers? That's a new one.
Were you able to watch the game?

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  #706
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
Were you able to watch the game?

I saw a replay of it. I don't agree we flop, we don't need to do that to draw penalties. We don't take penalties as we are the least penalized team in the nation. I'm saying I've never heard anyone accuse SCSU of flopping or diving.

Rabid Husky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 11:41 AM
  #707
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I saw a replay of it. I don't agree we flop, we don't need to do that to draw penalties. We don't take penalties as we are the least penalized team in the nation. I'm saying I've never heard anyone accuse SCSU of flopping or diving.
Okay so the guy on your team that jumped, spun, and fell to the ground, for the most part on his own, on the Kerdiles penalty wasn't flopping on the play? I mean yeah Kerdiles committed a penalty but the SCSU player shouldn't have to EXAGGERATE it. Look at what the last post is on pg. 28 of this thread. He saw it too.

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:20 PM
  #708
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
Okay so the guy on your team that jumped, spun, and fell to the ground, for the most part on his own, on the Kerdiles penalty wasn't flopping on the play? I mean yeah Kerdiles committed a penalty but the SCSU player shouldn't have to EXAGGERATE it. Look at what the last post is on pg. 28 of this thread. He saw it too.
I don't think he jumped but we'll have to agree to disagree here and even if he did, one play does not characterize an entire team.

Rabid Husky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  #709
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I don't think he jumped but we'll have to agree to disagree here and even if he did, one play does not characterize an entire team.
Just took another look. He didn't "jump". The way I saw it was his feet made it look a little like he jumped. I stand corrected. Overall it seemed the Huskies went down rather easy whenever touched by a badger. Maybe it's just Wisconsin being a lot stronger in terms of muscle?

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
  #710
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
Just took another look. He didn't "jump". The way I saw it was his feet made it look a little like he jumped. I stand corrected. Overall it seemed the Huskies went down rather easy whenever touched by a badger. Maybe it's just Wisconsin being a lot stronger in terms of muscle?
Have you seen how small some of our forwards are?

Rabid Husky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:00 PM
  #711
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Have you seen how small some of our forwards are?
Oh I definitely have

For those that didn't see the play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlgptDNibE

Sorry about the recording of my TV (I don't know how to do it any other way, nor do I know how to embed it for here).

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
  #712
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
The third angle is the best look.
Start @43 seconds or so for it.

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:25 PM
  #713
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Edit: 3-2 now

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:34 PM
  #714
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 3385
Badgers win! Game winner was an empty net goal by Mersch

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:08 PM
  #715
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
Nice of the Gophers to finally sweep a series tonight, hopefully it should be no different next weekend against BSU. And thank you MSU for denying the Whioux a share of the title, and thank you to Wisconsin for denying SCSU fans the luxury of winning the WCHA outright, now they still have not won anything on their own.

GO GOPHERS! Better effort tonight then Friday, now let's put consistent 60 minute efforts together.

Sportsfan1 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:16 PM
  #716
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
And thank you MSU for denying the Whioux a share of the title
You're welcome! Tonight's jubilation makes up for last night's frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
and thank you to Wisconsin for denying SCSU fans the luxury of winning the WCHA outright, now they still have not won anything on their own.
Boooo. Gophers have won enough. Let the little guy get all the accolades for a change.

State of Hockey is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
  #717
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
00xtremeninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Source Comic & Games
Country: Germany
Posts: 845
vCash: 50
there is a lot, and i mean ALOT of ******** coming from the twitter of @huskyhockey

00xtremeninja is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #718
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
SCSU should be pissed at themselves. They had it locked down last weekend and blew it.

mnhowitzer is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 11:06 PM
  #719
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
Love the little twitter ******** coming from SCSU fans right now. That's what happens when you lose to Tech at home.

Sportsfan1 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 12:20 AM
  #720
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Nice of the Gophers to finally sweep a series tonight, hopefully it should be no different next weekend against BSU. And thank you MSU for denying the Whioux a share of the title, and thank you to Wisconsin for denying SCSU fans the luxury of winning the WCHA outright, now they still have not won anything on their own.

GO GOPHERS! Better effort tonight then Friday, now let's put consistent 60 minute efforts together.
Not true. St. Cloud has won a Broadmoor before.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 12:28 AM
  #721
Wild48
Our Savior
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
UNO got really chippy against the dogs tonight. 2 ejections for checking from behind and the Dogs beat UNO 6-0. first 5 goals were on the PP.

Gotta say that if i was watching on TV the Dogs wouldn't have been on my radar... but free live hockey is hard to pass up.

Wild48 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
  #722
Paul Bunyan
Registered User
 
Paul Bunyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Land of Ice and Snow
Country: United States
Posts: 515
vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Nice of the Gophers to finally sweep a series tonight, hopefully it should be no different next weekend against BSU. And thank you MSU for denying the Whioux a share of the title, and thank you to Wisconsin for denying SCSU fans the luxury of winning the WCHA outright, now they still have not won anything on their own.

GO GOPHERS! Better effort tonight then Friday, now let's put consistent 60 minute efforts together.
Solid win, and at the right time finally. As you say, more of the same next weekend let's hope.

Agreed with Mankato, but I won't congratulate Wisconsin. Gross.

Women's team win their 46th? straight and seal the WCHA title too.

Paul Bunyan is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
  #723
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 50
The MSU-UNO QF should be a fun one. Hastings gets to start his first WCHA Final Five as a head coach against his old team and the guy he replaced.


Last edited by Engebretson: 03-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Engebretson is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 03:09 PM
  #724
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 643
SCSU/UAA
MN/BSU
UND/MTU
DU/CC
UW/UMD
MSUM/UNO

Only "upset" I see is CC over DU.

Rabid Husky is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 03:32 PM
  #725
Wild48
Our Savior
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
The MSU-UNO QF should be a fun one. Hastings gets to start his first WCHA Final Five as a head coach against his old team and the guy he replaced.
UNO is going to be short 2 players due to their ejections against the dogs last night. Should help MSU a lot.

Wild48 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.