HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Old
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Z is much more of a playmaker since leaving Pavel. Either way I think the plan is to play Samuelsson and Brunner on the right in the top 6. So both are right handed shooting trigger guys. I think he will be fine with either guy although Pavel gives a lot more of those breakout passes for breakaways, so he might eventually win out with Brunner. I just think the lockout has probably been the best thing for Brunner. He is going to come over with high confidence having outscored a lot of NHL players, thinking he belongs and with the built in chemisty of playing with Z. If it ends in season he comes over and tears up the AHL for a week before training camp too in my opinion.

By the way as much as he seems to like playing with Z does anyone think he doesn't re-up with the Wings if the season wipes out, something we don't talk about a lot but I had wonder about when he first went back.
I've thought about it and ofc there's a chance but since he signed with us last summer.. I don't see why he wouldn't do it again.

Unless he's asking too much and Wings are lowballing him or

Z keeps telling him nightmare stories about Babcock.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I've thought about it and ofc there's a chance but since he signed with us last summer.. I don't see why he wouldn't do it again.

Unless he's asking too much and Wings are lowballing him or

Z keeps telling him nightmare stories about Babcock.
I'm guessing Z's nightmare stories are about Shea Weber.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:00 PM
joe89

I don't think there'd be problems signing him to another contract. Also depending on what the new CBA is like it's possible he has to sign another one year ELC.

I get the feeling those two are already very good buddies and not just teammates. Brunner lived at Z's when training in Detroit, and he initiated contact to get him to Zug aswell. I found that pretty interesting.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I get the feeling those two are already very good buddies and not just teammates. Brunner lived at Z's when training in Detroit, and he initiated contact to get him to Zug aswell. I found that pretty interesting.
Surprised by this as well. Maybe the first case was Z playing the captain role and wanting to help out. It isn't like he would know how to get to Troy and some of the other stuff. Helping him out when he was in town pre-lockout. But it would appear a fast friendship has struck up between the two. Z talks up his talent so maybe he thought it was a steal as well and as a team leader saw this as an opportunity to get some chemistry and make the best of a bad situation in the lockout. I thought a "booster" or donor as it were was what made Z happen to Zug. Now maybe Brunner knows that deep pocketed fan but remember hearing outside help is paying for Z's insurance out of pocket in order to make this happen for Zug. Be funny if that is someone Ilitch knows.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:10 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Surprised by this as well. Maybe the first case was Z playing the captain role and wanting to help out. It isn't like he would know how to get to Troy and some of the other stuff. Helping him out when he was in town pre-lockout. But it would appear a fast friendship has struck up between the two. Z talks up his talent so maybe he thought it was a steal as well and as a team leader saw this as an opportunity to get some chemistry and make the best of a bad situation in the lockout. I thought a "booster" or donor as it were was what made Z happen to Zug. Now maybe Brunner knows that deep pocketed fan but remember hearing outside help is paying for Z's insurance out of pocket in order to make this happen for Zug. Be funny if that is someone Ilitch knows.
Or some numbered holdings company of something that Illitch indirectly owns and just pays for discretely. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see some info like this come out in the wash in a few years if Brunner ends up becoming a regular in Detroit.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Or some numbered holdings company of something that Illitch indirectly owns and just pays for discretely. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see some info like this come out in the wash in a few years if Brunner ends up becoming a regular in Detroit.
To be fair I would be surprised. I just think it is funny that nobody really does have to know. Somebody is bankrolling him to be there, we don't know who.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Filppula
Jurks

I can't believe there isn't more attention on Mursak for the awesome start he's made.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

I like Mursak but I just don't see how he makes the Wing's roster any time soon, because of the ridiculous amount of forwards. Any chance he could be packaged in a deal for a decent defenseman? I don't want that to happen, but it seems like a good possibility.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I like Mursak but I just don't see how he makes the Wing's roster any time soon, because of the ridiculous amount of forwards. Any chance he could be packaged in a deal for a decent defenseman? I don't want that to happen, but it seems like a good possibility.
I really like Mursak and hope we find a way to keep him on. His skating is exceptional, he competes every shift, and I think he has offensive potential in him that could shock some people. Of our bottom 6 (Helm, Abby, Cleary, Tootoo, Miller, and one of Bert/Sammy/Guz/Tatar) hes going to have a hard time.

Im more or less writing Eaves off sadly. but even still Mursaks in tough. I have zero problem letting Emmerton walk. The only way Mursak sticks around is as the extra man or if someone is traded (likely Miller as hes young, versatile, cheap, and can put the puck in on occasion). I wouldn't be averse to trading Cleary or Miller for a big bodied shutdown dman like Regehr.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Very pleased Mursak is doing what he needs to right now to make that decision a hard one on the Wings. I have always been against giving up on him, but if people in the organization were leaning that way they have to have taken a big pause on it right now. He will get his shot at least, something I don't know that I believed in the middle of the summer.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:24 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Z is much more of a playmaker since leaving Pavel. Either way I think the plan is to play Samuelsson and Brunner on the right in the top 6. So both are right handed shooting trigger guys. I think he will be fine with either guy although Pavel gives a lot more of those breakout passes for breakaways, so he might eventually win out with Brunner. I just think the lockout has probably been the best thing for Brunner. He is going to come over with high confidence having outscored a lot of NHL players, thinking he belongs and with the built in chemisty of playing with Z. If it ends in season he comes over and tears up the AHL for a week before training camp too in my opinion.

By the way as much as he seems to like playing with Z does anyone think he doesn't re-up with the Wings if the season wipes out, something we don't talk about a lot but I had wonder about when he first went back.

Brunner may lose his UFA status at the end of his current contract. It really depends on what terms are agreed to for the new CBA. If the UFA age is raised, Brunner will be an RFA so we can keep him.

However, even if he does become a UFA again I see no reason why he wouldn't choose Detroit a second time. He selected us because of the style of game we play here, which won't change because a season was lost (if that's what happens). We give him a better shot at achieving success in the NHL than many other cities. He knows that. I think we will see him play here, eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
IDK. I think there is a good chance Murask will make the team. The roster looks jammed with forwards, but consider that Eaves (IMO) is going to retire because of his concussion complications. Also consider that Flip, Miller, Brunner and Cleary all have just one year left (which could be lost to lockout) before becoming UFA's.

So even with Tatar and Nyquist in the mix, I see room for Mursak. If he keeps tearing it up we will have no choice but to give him more of a chance than he had last season.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Kentti

Valtteri played today in a S/O loss. Here's his stats.

NOV 1, 2012: JOKERIT @ HPK 2 - 3 S/O
G 0, A 2, P 2, +/- +0, PIM 0, S 1, TOI 28:30

Filppula's stats after 14 games: G 6, A 9, P 15, +/- +8, PIM 6, S 35, average TOI 24:50

Highlights later.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Kentti

Highlights from Filppula's game today.

Val's first assist @ 1:57 and second @ 2:47.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGpsaWGNYy0

Old
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I am a little surprised Helm and Franzen haven't gone anywhere, I would think they would get offers.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
I am a little surprised Helm and Franzen haven't gone anywhere, I would think they would get offers.
Franzen's contract is probably hiking up his insurance fees too high for most teams. Or he's just waiting it out.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Franzen's contract is probably hiking up his insurance fees too high for most teams. Or he's just waiting it out.
It's nothing but great that Mule will get some extra rest to his banged body.

Last edited by Henkka: 11-02-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:24 AM
InjuredChoker

Franzen is too lazy to play for a couple of dollars.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
IDK, it has to be a lot less than the cost of insuring the likes of Malkin, AO and Zetterberg who are all playing. Granted Franzen isn't as good as any of those aforementioned players, I still don't believe insurance cost is a significant factor.

I think the decision is all on Franzen. He's not playing anywhere because he simply doesn't want to.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I think it's an easier decision to go overseas when you have a few million in the bank, so I don't blame a guy like Helm for just staying home and working out.

If I am the PA, I put together an 8-team 20-game schedule + playoffs
Sell it to ESPN and whoever else for a song. Make a little bit of money for your players. Turn the heat up on the NHL.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:07 AM
lazerbullet

Datsyuk with unassisted goal. Marchenko also scored, assisted by Pavel. Game is still on. No video unfortunately.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Wow. Marchenko's stock is rising lately. People were getting down on him early when he wasn't getting any icetime, but he seems to be making the most of it these days.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Chris 84

drew miller's stats so far are 6 2+6=8 and has 7 PIMs including a fight.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Kentti

Valtteri today in another S/O loss for Jokerit.

NOV 3, 2012: JOKERIT @ LUKKO 2 - 3 S/O
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- -1, PIM 0, S 2, TOI 26:14

Filppula's stats after 15 games: G 6, A 9, P 15, +/- +7, PIM 6, S 37, average TOI 24:56

Old
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM
joe89

Ericsson will play his last game in Sweden for now tomorrow. Will go back to Detroit.

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/nyheter/xt4canzm2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
IDK, it has to be a lot less than the cost of insuring the likes of Malkin, AO and Zetterberg who are all playing. Granted Franzen isn't as good as any of those aforementioned players, I still don't believe insurance cost is a significant factor.

I think the decision is all on Franzen. He's not playing anywhere because he simply doesn't want to.
I think Franzen wants to play in the SEL and that's just not happening right now. His potential team is one of the biggest naysayers to lockout players.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Kentti

Highlights from Filppula's Saturday game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLT5i0D5t_w