HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Old
10-08-2012, 03:22 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
I can't edit my post because I said someone was wasn't in reality for believing Hudler is a first line center...

I want to point out that the chances of Nyquist and Brunner making the team are slim.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
It depends how important the olympics and other international tournaments are to him. I think he comes back and finishes out his contract, just to keep his eligibility for those things alive. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't re-up, though.
I don't think the IIHF can prevent Datsyuk from playing in the Olympics.

I believe what could happen is that the NHL could retaliate if the KHL retains too many under-contract players by not allowing NHLers to participate.

Old
10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I don't think the IIHF can prevent Datsyuk from playing in the Olympics.

I believe what could happen is that the NHL could retaliate if the KHL retains too many under-contract players by not allowing NHLers to participate.
This is wrong the Wings would file a breach of contract, he would be suspended for at least two years from international competitions with actually more being able to be tacked on. The point is unless the players actually get this overturned in some court as their contracts have been breached by re-negotiations then they would be suspended from the Sochi Olympics. Not something I think any of the Russians are willing to tempt.

As of right now Datsyuk's agent has said he will come back. I think it is a lot of talk but with the Olympics in Russia the players hands are tied. If it was in Vancouver this time they might make a point of it.

By the way the team can be eliminated from European competitions and will be fined each time the player suits up. They just did this until Yakupov got his release from Hockey Canada.

A player of Datsyuk's caliber or an Ovie will be challenged. The KHL has also said recently they will not approach players with existing contracts about staying on. They see this as an audition for players to keep in mind when their current contracts expire.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
This is wrong the Wings would file a breach of contract, he would be suspended for at least two years from international competitions with actually more being able to be tacked on. The point is unless the players actually get this overturned in some court as their contracts have been breached by re-negotiations then they would be suspended from the Sochi Olympics. Not something I think any of the Russians are willing to tempt.

As of right now Datsyuk's agent has said he will come back. I think it is a lot of talk but with the Olympics in Russia the players hands are tied. If it was in Vancouver this time they might make a point of it.

By the way the team can be eliminated from European competitions and will be fined each time the player suits up. They just did this until Yakupov got his release from Hockey Canada.

A player of Datsyuk's caliber or an Ovie will be challenged. The KHL has also said recently they will not approach players with existing contracts about staying on. They see this as an audition for players to keep in mind when their current contracts expire.
I don't believe that's the case.
I don't believe the IIHF can keep a player out of the olympics because of a contract dispute between Russia and North America.

But I think Russia, itself, doesn't want to jeopardize NHL involvement in their Olympicss...

Then again, the NHL has acted as if they really only allow players in the Olympics to make the PA happy, so maybe the NHL will decide not to participate... and then the Russian players can stay in Russia and win gold against 3rd rate competition

Old
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
joe89

The KHL won't blow this chance by playing hardball whenever the lockout ends. They are getting a great showing now that will help them attract players(European players, mostly) once their existing NHL deals run out. The level of hockey is good and getting better, the seasons are shorter, and the $ measure up for many. They can afford to be patient, their league is going in the right direction, and quite rapidly, as it is.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I don't believe that's the case.
I don't believe the IIHF can keep a player out of the olympics because of a contract dispute between Russia and North America.

But I think Russia, itself, doesn't want to jeopardize NHL involvement in their Olympicss...

Then again, the NHL has acted as if they really only allow players in the Olympics to make the PA happy, so maybe the NHL will decide not to participate... and then the Russian players can stay in Russia and win gold against 3rd rate competition
The IIHF can bar players from the Olympics.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1268635

It is being discussedt here. The idea of retiring from the NHL and then signing in Russia is interesting, I don't think the KHL and NHL would allow that under their current agreement. But guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin might change that since both would be unlikely to play while still great players unless they did it before the end of their current contracts. I still the KHL is making nice progress and won't hurt their brand by engaging in this.

The interesting thing will be what Malkin does when his contract is up in my opinion. He has nothing left to accomplish in North America and might see stupid money and term offered from a KHL club.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Ericssons signs a one month contract with his youth club, in the swedish 4th tier lol
They say Division 1... Would that not be third tier? In any event the captain of his new teams name jumped out, Jesper Samuelsson.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
They say Division 1... Would that not be third tier? In any event the captain of his new teams name jumped out, Jesper Samuelsson.
Tier 3, yeah. His dad is an assistant coach with the team, HC Vita Hästen, and he's been practicing with them earlier this season. He's signed to play three home games, I think.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:42 PM
lazerbullet

I'm 100% sure that Datsyuk returns once it's over. Based on his interviews he looks very ethical and a decent guy. So he will honor his DRW contract.

Also Fedorov said that all the players will return to the NHL because they have contracts. And finally KHL said the same thing. All this Russians will stay talk is a total BS. Only those who don't have a contract might stay.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 11:34 PM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbullet View Post
I'm 100% sure that Datsyuk returns once it's over. Based on his interviews he looks very ethical and a decent guy. So he will honor his DRW contract.

Also Fedorov said that all the players will return to the NHL because they have contracts. And finally KHL said the same thing. All this Russians will stay talk is a total BS. Only those who don't have a contract might stay.
Plus, the reason why Datsyuk didn't originally sign with ak bars is because they wanted to sign him to a contract without an out clause for this season. That's why he chose to go to cska Moscow instead.

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:25 AM
nik jr

recent CSKA game with english commentary

datsyuk had 1g (PP), 1a, with +1, and is 3g, 5a, 8p, +4 in 6 games. bryzgalov (of CSKA) is 0-2 with .857 sv%.

kovalchuk had a hat trick and i think leads the KHL in points per game. tarasenko, drafted a few years ago by STL, has 8p in 5 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Thought I'd put Valtteri Filppula's stats here while he's playing in FEL for Jokerit.

SEP 25, 2012: SAIPA @ JOKERIT 4 - 3
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 2, TOI 22:27

SEP 27, 2012: JOKERIT @ ILVES 4 - 3 S/O
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- 0, PIM 0, S 4, TOI 24:40

SEP 29, 2012: HPK @ JOKERIT 1 - 5
G 0, A 2, P 2, +/- +2, PIM 0, S 2, TOI 22:28

OCT 2, 2012: JOKERIT @ KÄRPÄT 2 - 4
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- -2, PIM 0, S 2, TOI 21:50

OCT 4, 2012: HIFK @ JOKERIT 2 - 4
G 2, A 0, P 2, +/- +2, PIM 2, S 3, TOI 26:04

OCT 5, 2012: JOKERIT @ TAPPARA 5 - 3
G 1, A 1, P 2, +/- +2, PIM 0, S 4, TOI 24:15

After six games, he has 3 goals and 4 assists, 7 pts, +/- +5. Fil's average ice time 23:37.

Fil's been playing left wing with his older brother Ilari being the center and Steve Moses forming maybe the best top line of the whole league. With Fil's 3 g + 4 a = 7 p, Ilari has 5 g + 7 a = 12 p in 9 games and Moses 5 g + 5 a = 10 p in 9 games.

Below are Val's goals. First goal at 0:00 and second at 4:24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXj-...ure=plpp_video

Season's third goal at 2:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXU2...ure=plpp_video
i heard jokerit had good depth. i did not think filppula would get so much TOI.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Henkka

Filppula is not anymore a winger, he has played the last games as a center, tutorin Pulkkinen at the same time. Good move from Red Wings fan view.

Jarkko Ruutu - Valtteri Filppula - Teemu Pulkkinen

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:16 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Elitserien
Allsvenskan
Superettan (this is created after christmas)
Division 1

(atleast i think this was the case years ago, but maybe they've changed)

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:51 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i heard jokerit had good depth. i did not think filppula would get so much TOI.
He plays PP and PK which makes his icetime quite high. And obviously he's clearly the best forward on the team so it's understandable. Jokerit also have like 7 forwards injured/suspended so the bottom line doesn't get as much icetime atm. When those forwards return, the offence will be extremely deep and even guys who could be top-6 in an other team might have to sit out some games.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:18 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
He plays PP and PK which makes his icetime quite high. And obviously he's clearly the best forward on the team so it's understandable. Jokerit also have like 7 forwards injured/suspended so the bottom line doesn't get as much icetime atm. When those forwards return, the offence will be extremely deep and even guys who could be top-6 in an other team might have to sit out some games.
Just curious, has Filppula had any playing time with Pulkkinen (on the PP maybe)? If so, how'd they look?

I should probably ask this on the prospects thread, but how has Pulkkinen looked in general?

Last edited by ProPAIN: 10-09-2012 at 07:24 AM.
ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Just curious, has Filppula had any playing time with Pulkkinen (on the PP maybe)? If so, how'd they look?

I should probably ask this on the prospects thread, but how has Pulkkinen looked in general?
Not on the PP, but they have been on the same line for the last game and a half. Pulkkinen assisted on Fil's goal on Friday but that's about it, nothing special yet from those two.

Pulkkinen has been quite quiet in terms of offense and since he's basically only an offensive player, that's not very good. His skating is better, defensive game maybe a bit better, but especially the skating hasn't translated much to the offense. He likes to bring the puck up the right side but he's really not quick enough for that so he should let the other do the "puck carrying" and just look for open spaces. Haven't seen many dangerous shots either. Once he plays with Fil for a bit longer I think he'll start getting points, but the first 10 games haven't been very good.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:44 AM
nik jr

Quote:
that makes sense. thanks

Old
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Frk It
Improve our defense

Drew Miller signed to play with a hockey team in Scotland lol

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Drew Miller signed to play with a hockey team in Scotland lol
maybe he just wanted to visit scotland.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I find it strange given how hard it is for USMNT soccer players to sometimes get work visas that I have seen players able to go this (UK) route. But I hope he enjoys his time over there. It is time to start rooting for these guys to go get jobs. The guy paying for their ice time and on the inside of discussions just took off. I want them all in some form of game shape when the season hopefully happens. If not they cannot afford the whole year off. I hope they all stay healthy but the time has come that I am rooting for all our guys to head overseas.

Curious, I remember reading that Bertuzzi and Moore trial had dates depending on the if the NHL was lockout. I think it was supposed to get underway soon so guessing he cannot go anywhere which is huge for a player of his age.

Old
10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Perhaps a little off topic, but I didnt know where to put it. Detroits videocoach Keith McKittrick, is taking the opportunity of the lockout, to go overseas to join the coaching staff of SEL club Skelleftea, exchanging experiences, for two weeks.

Video interview with McKittrick.
http://www.skellefteaaik.se/artikel/29179/

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Perhaps a little off topic, but I didnt know where to put it. Detroits videocoach Keith McKittrick, is taking the opportunity of the lockout, to go overseas to join the coaching staff of SEL club Skelleftea, exchanging experiences, for two weeks.

Video interview with McKittrick.
http://www.skellefteaaik.se/artikel/29179/
Cool, thanks for posting.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Elitserien
Allsvenskan
Superettan (this is created after christmas)
Division 1

(atleast i think this was the case years ago, but maybe they've changed)
Well yeah, but it's still refered to as tier 3, and they now have an official body called hockeyettan. Actually it's six division 1 leagues turning into three, and then there's a bunch of playoff rounds after that. Quite a complicated setup unless you're familiar with it.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Not on the PP, but they have been on the same line for the last game and a half. Pulkkinen assisted on Fil's goal on Friday but that's about it, nothing special yet from those two.

Pulkkinen has been quite quiet in terms of offense and since he's basically only an offensive player, that's not very good. His skating is better, defensive game maybe a bit better, but especially the skating hasn't translated much to the offense. He likes to bring the puck up the right side but he's really not quick enough for that so he should let the other do the "puck carrying" and just look for open spaces. Haven't seen many dangerous shots either. Once he plays with Fil for a bit longer I think he'll start getting points, but the first 10 games haven't been very good.
Somewhat off topic but Pulkkinen reportedly had a poor game on Sunday, only played about 12 minutes and was benched in the third, didn't seem to be able to make correct decisions at all. Although it was the 4th game in 5 days for Jokerit and the whole teams looked very tired and not at their best. We'll see if they're still together tomorrow versus Joel Armia's Ässät, since Riku Hahl is expected back to the lineup.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Well yeah, but it's still refered to as Tier 3, and they now have an official body called hockeyettan. Actually it's six division 1 leagues turning into three, and then there's a bunch of playoff rounds after that. Quite a complicated setup unless you're familiar with it.
Exactly. You can't call AllEttan (that's its name, not Superettan) a tier of its own. It's basically the second preliminary round of Division 1, from which the best teams will go on to play for promotion to HockeyAllsvenskan.
Just like the top HockeyAllsvenskan teams will go on to play for promotion to Elitserien.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote