HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who here can't wait for the start of the season?

Old
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Cfriss216

vCash: 500
Who here can't wait for the start of the season?

Alright guys, who here is itching to get the 2012-13 season going? I'll be attending the Whalers vs Bulls game (Whalers home opener). I live in the Cleveland area so Plymouth and Erie are the only games I can attend on occasion. I'll be watch the games on OHL Livestream as always. How about you? Itching to watch some OHL hockey? How many games are you attending the first week

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Torts

with the impending lockout, im very excited to see the level of hockey in junior amp up a little bit.

i wasnt a junior fan in 04-05 so im really excited, even for preseason!

first week ill be at the Steelheads first two home games against Kitchener and Barrie

Hoping to add Belleville, Oshawa, Sudbury to list of arena's visited this year

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
with the impending lockout, im very excited to see the level of hockey in junior amp up a little bit.

first week ill be at the Steelheads first two home games against Kitchener and Barrie

Nice! I like how the Steelheads took on a bit of a maple leaf look with the new jersey design. I like Belleville also, would love to take in a game on that olympic ice sheet. If there is an NHL lockout I wouldn't mind watching a lot of OHL Hockey. A lot to look forward to this year.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Spitsfan67*

Ohh Yea Cannot wait to see the Spits....Have a feeling There going to have a pretty good season finnishing either 3rd or 4th in the West......Feels like it'll never start.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
bidzey

just a week and the exhibitions starts... I'm eager too. Getting Rogers the OHL package..

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Spitsfan67*

Ohh Yea Cannot wait to see the Spits....Have a feeling There going to have a pretty good season finnishing either 3rd or 4th in the West......Feels like it'll never start.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:38 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
so was that a refresh button you hit while the cache was still in your browser? or are you trying to augment your post count? Maybe you stutter? Or you're really really eager?
(just kidding)

Old
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
T0ny0

I'm ecstatic for the beginning of the OHL season. I live in Burlington so Im pretty much equal distance from Guelph, Niagara, and Mississauga so I expect to see a ton of action.

My allegiance lies with Guelph though....

On a side note, I'm hoping Mississauga draws more than 1000 fans/game because it's no fun watching a game in a big arena that is nowhere near full....

T0ny0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Same as every year - can't wait!

It's the Rangers' 50th anniversary, so I'm hoping we see a lot of alumni back in Kitchener throughout the year.

And as usual, I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of the rookies on opening night at the Aud (although it is delayed by a month or so this year).

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ny0 View Post
I'm ecstatic for the beginning of the OHL season. I live in Burlington so Im pretty much equal distance from Guelph, Niagara, and Mississauga so I expect to see a ton of action.

My allegiance lies with Guelph though....

On a side note, I'm hoping Mississauga draws more than 1000 fans/game because it's no fun watching a game in a big arena that is nowhere near full....
I agree, it's no fun watching games from Missy and Brampton when there is really no one there to fill the seats. Plymouth can draw well but some weekday games are pretty dull at times.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:11 PM
GoAttackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
I agree, it's no fun watching games from Missy and Brampton when there is really no one there to fill the seats.
It was pretty funny at the game 7 of the OHL final (2010/2011) in Missy, people from Missy were very shocked that the game was sold out and they could not get tickets (2500 people from Owen Sound made the trip down).
They have a very nice rink and they have new owners which have been way more involved in the community, so hopefully that will help out Missy.

I also can't get to many games because the 67's are out in Kanata this year, too far :/

GoAttackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 08:53 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post

Do you happen to know when Steelheads tickets go on sale to the public? I know a few Ranger fans are going to make the trip up for the opener as CG says we have to wait a month for ours.

This season looks to be an interesting one in the West. Can't wait to see some OHL hockey. I actually enjoy it more than NHL. You get to see junior prospects develop and I like the intensity of some of the rivalries.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
RayzorIsDull

I can wait. Season for myself really doesn't start until December or January still too much going on to be interested in OHL hockey.

RayzorIsDull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Do you happen to know when Steelheads tickets go on sale to the public? I know a few Ranger fans are going to make the trip up for the opener as CG says we have to wait a month for ours.
Trying to get Steelheads tickets is next thing to impossible. No wonder the attendance sucks - you can't buy tickets!

I am hoping to go to the first game too, but so far, no luck.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:23 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Trying to get Steelheads tickets is next thing to impossible. No wonder the attendance sucks - you can't buy tickets!

The Steelheads website says tickets are through Ticketmaster. But the only tickets I see on their are for the Sleeman Centre and Dow Event Center and they only came on last week. Was hoping Torts had the inside scoop. I guess your right, makes it had to get butts in the seats.

I wonder if the Rangers will have a bus going?

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:

Ha...I actually made a drive down to Missy on Saturday to buy tickets from the Box Office. I got there 15 minutes before they were suppose to close.......but there were CLOSED!!!
I, as others have tried to buy tickets for weeks and even sent emails requesting them to contact me and left voice mails doing the same.....and NADDA!!!!!

What a Mickey Mouse Operation!!!!!

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 08-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I would prefer to have tickets before making the trip to Missy on game day, but that may well end up being what we have to do, unless the Steelheads get their act together.

Old
08-27-2012, 12:22 PM
NHL Fanatic

I'm hoping to catch around 70+ games this year mainly focusing on the Ice Dogs, Colts, Steelheads and Battalions possibly the Wolves also here and there. Looking forward to the progression of draft eligibles, this is going to be one of the stronger draft classes not necessarily for the O but overall.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
I wish either:

a) I had enough money to pay for the 67s Season Pass

or

b) Someone would stream their games

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I wish either:

a) I had enough money to pay for the 67s Season Pass

or

b) Someone would stream their games
Haha I feel your pain!! At least you live up there where you could attend games, and catch games on sportsnet, or rogers tv. I have to rely on OHL Livestream and the prices are ridiculous. That's why I just save up and buy the playoff pass when that comes around. Even that is too expensive. 126 dollars or something like that

Old
08-30-2012, 03:41 PM
bidzey

anybody know if someone is offering free streaming for the OHL exhibitions starting tomorrow?

Old
08-31-2012, 09:51 AM
pinkfloyd44

Quote:
I would prefer to have tickets before making the trip to Missy on game day, but that may well end up being what we have to do, unless the Steelheads get their act together.
Tickets for the game will be available on Ticketmaster on September 7th or so

pinkfloyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAttackGo View Post
I also can't get to many games because the 67's are out in Kanata this year, too far :/
On the contrary, I'm within walking distance and will be there regularly. Looking forward to it.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Torts

Quote:

This season looks to be an interesting one in the West. Can't wait to see some OHL hockey. I actually enjoy it more than NHL. You get to see junior prospects develop and I like the intensity of some of the rivalries.
Quote:
The Steelheads website says tickets are through Ticketmaster. But the only tickets I see on their are for the Sleeman Centre and Dow Event Center and they only came on last week. Was hoping Torts had the inside scoop. I guess your right, makes it had to get butts in the seats.

I wonder if the Rangers will have a bus going?
sorry for the delay guys, this actually made me really angry right now that the team can't have tickets available as of yet.

this website is all i got: http://www.mississaugasteelheads.com/individual_tickets

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

i'm excited!

anyone know whether it's possible to by the ohl action pack by itself from rogers? i don't want the entire sports pack.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote