HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Just for a better idea of how guys are performing...

PlayerGPGAPTS
C. Wilson82263662
M. Erat81163854
P. Hornqvist72124860
J. Blum7583341
M. Fisher82151530
D. Legwand82151530
S. Kostitsyn82102030
R. Ellis82102030
G. Bourque80171128
B. Yip80111728
S. Weber82101525
K. Klein8252025
N. Spaling8215520
P. Gaustad7961218
R. Josi8201010
C. Smith8201010
R. Clune81606
M. Halischuk77066

Only players with a point are shown. Hornqvist's numbers are likely skewed from his absence, and Weber should be expected to heat up (and is heating up), but this isn't too far off from where our offense normally is overall.

Also, for an idea of what potential trade deadline/free agency targets are doing...

PlayerGPGAPTS
J. Iginla8264753
S. Weiss7872229
R. Getzlaf82274976
C. Perry82163854
P. Kessel82154661
B. Boyes82224466
V. Prospal82261541

Finally, some benchmark equivalents to bear in mind for the shortened season when looking at player numbers:

48 Games82 Games

Old
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Great work, thanks!

Old
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

It is a dark day in the world of Top 6 Spaling.

I heard about the Lajunen for Ford trade, and I couldn't care less about that, but then I'm perusing twitter, and, what's this? ZOLTAN HETENYI was part of that deal? I know he wasn't actually signed by us, but NOT ZOLTAN.

My dreams are crushed

(For those wondering what I'm even talking about, I loved this guy at prospect camp and have been very public in my high rating of him)

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 02-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old
02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Nitrous Mafia

edit: wrong thread

Old
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
wandk128

Anybody have an extra ticket for the meet-and-greet Wednesday? Thanks

Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Old
02-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Misfire Puck

Dropping this here

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...yer-in-the-nhl

Old
02-21-2013, 09:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Props to the local Preds fans...It looks like every game has been a sell out so far. Well done!

Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Props to the local Preds fans...It looks like every game has been a sell out so far. Well done!
21 straight now. Friday night vs. Vancouver sold out this morning!!!

Old
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Just picked up 4 for the annual trip on 3/23...Can't wait!!

Old
02-21-2013, 03:19 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
would be interested to know what paid attendance is... but even if there are quite a few freebies it is certainly a good strategy for creating demand...

Old
02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

From what I hear, freebies are down, it's corporate support that is pushing attendance up.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
From what I hear, freebies are down, it's corporate support that is pushing attendance up.
I have heard the opposite actually. Corp sponsorships are up, but they're basically giving tickets away left and right as promos to STHs and former STHs. It's definitely good to have the building full, but they're definitely doing some trickery to make sure it happens.

It's not a coincidence that every weekend is now a "bands in the stands" night.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:10 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

There are ways the team can manipulate the system to keep the tickets sold number up while heavily discounting.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I have heard the opposite actually. Corp sponsorships are up, but they're basically giving tickets away left and right as promos to STHs and former STHs. It's definitely good to have the building full, but they're definitely doing some trickery to make sure it happens.

They are "giving tickets away left and right" to FORMER season ticket holders? Sorry, just not believing that. I would like to hear from some who are getting all these freebies.

I would like to hear some real numbers- I think the Predators are at the point now where they don't have to give a ton of tickets away to sell out the building. Every team has some form of comp/promotional tickets, but if they really are giving tickets away left and right they are stupid.....

Why is it that every time attendance or the sellout streak comes up, people have to crap all over it??? Hockey is more popular in Nashville than ever before- the attendance is a GOOD thing, even if every single person in the building isn't a paying customer- enjoy it please........

Old
02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Pretty sure the bands have to pay for the tickets, at a discounted rate of course.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
They are "giving tickets away left and right" to FORMER season ticket holders? Sorry, just not believing that. I would like to hear from some who are getting all these freebies.

I would like to hear some real numbers- I think the Predators are at the point now where they don't have to give a ton of tickets away to sell out the building. Every team has some form of comp/promotional tickets, but if they really are giving tickets away left and right they are stupid.....

Why is it that every time attendance or the sellout streak comes up, people have to crap all over it??? Hockey is more popular in Nashville than ever before- the attendance is a GOOD thing, even if every single person in the building isn't a paying customer- enjoy it please........
I'm not crapping on it. I'm just saying...there's some artificial inflation going on during this streak. If you choose to believe 16.5 of those attend ending last Thursday vs the Coyotes were legit...well... That's your right.

And believe it or not...we cancelled ONE of our seats, and I get an email once a week from our rep, "that seat still hasn't gone to a new STH, would you like a ticket for that seat as our way of saying thanks, so that someone can see what they are missing?"

Friends and coworkers have reported similar things. "Buy an extra ticket for any of these games, get another game free," etc.

Henry/Cogen believe in letting the product advertise itself, just as Leipold did...but unlike Leipold, who saturated big companies with freebies to the point no one saw the sense in buying tickets because someone was always offering a free trip, C/H believe in channeling the comps through their existing fanbase. Bring a friend, answer their questions, rub your enthusiasm on them, feel warm and fuzzy that your loyalty means something.

I can't bag any of that, especially if it works in the long run. I'm just saying--if the Dallas game on Mnday is sold out, rest assured that about 2000 of those folks are likely there for free or for very cheap.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
I'm not crapping on it. I'm just saying...there's some artificial inflation going on during this streak. If you choose to believe 16.5 of those attend ending last Thursday vs the Coyotes were legit...well... That's your right.

And believe it or not...we cancelled ONE of our seats, and I get an email once a week from our rep, "that seat still hasn't gone to a new STH, would you like a ticket for that seat as our way of saying thanks, so that someone can see what they are missing?"

Friends and coworkers have reported similar things. "Buy an extra ticket for any of these games, get another game free," etc.

Henry/Cogen believe in letting the product advertise itself, just as Leipold did...but unlike Leipold, who saturated big companies with freebies to the point no one saw the sense in buying tickets because someone was always offering a free trip, C/H believe in channeling the comps through their existing fanbase. Bring a friend, answer their questions, rub your enthusiasm on them, feel warm and fuzzy that your loyalty means something.

I can't bag any of that, especially if it works in the long run. I'm just saying--if the Dallas game on Mnday is sold out, rest assured that about 2000 of those folks are likely there for free or for very cheap.
Do you think any of the things you are detailing are unique to the Predators? That kind of stuff goes on with 98% of all sports franchises- it doesn't diminish in any way what is going on with hockey support in Nashville. And I am not directing this at you, but plenty of people on here do enjoy crapping on it- EVERY time attendance is brought up, you can bet your bottom dollar there people will immediately start up with the giving tickets away, the building really isn't full, etc, etc, etc......

And I still don't believe that the giveaways and fudging of numbers are going on nearly as much as many on here are claiming. If it is, it must be happening to a select group of people or season ticket holders only. Again, I would like to hear from STH on this.

I am stuck in Birmingham so I can't be a season ticket holder, but I do go to as many games as possible. And I am telling that if freebies are out there, they are not easy to come by. I am a pretty saavy ticket buyer, and I've been planning trips for future games this year, and cheap tickets are very difficult to come by. I'd appreciate it if someone would throw some of these freebies my way if they really are out there..........

Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

They do offer one hell of a deal to college people (not me). Someone I know just bought lower lever seats to the rest of the college nights at 33 bucks a pop while I'm a ticket holder paying 40 a piece for uppers. Oh well. It's part of it. I don't really care how people get in, a full building is exciting and surely helps the players atleast somewhat.

Oh and I don't get offered freebies except one time. My ticket rep gave me his personal seats when I called to buy some tickets for the Sharks game last week because he couldn't make it.

As far as the fudging of the numbers, who cares really? Last Saturday nights game was listed about 200 over capacity. You think they fudged the numbers to get above the capacity? I doubt it. If they did, they should just fudge em right up to keeps boosting our numbers.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I am sure what they are aiming for is creatiung a situation where the not quite casual but not yet regular fan occasionally calls late and either cant get a ticket or cant get one where they want, which hopefully then pushes them to buy a ticket plan to make sure they dont miss out...

Old
02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Text from the front page (NHL) on ESPN:

Quote:
The Wild spent a lot of money to bring in Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, but the results aren't paying off. Why is Minnesota down while Nashville is up?
LOVE IT.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Text from the front page (NHL) on ESPN:

LOVE IT.
Hmmmm......Gee, you think A might lead to B?

Old
02-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

If you watch the video they have some very nice things to say about the team and the city.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8973040

Old
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hmmmm......Gee, you think A might lead to B?
I dunno...We spent a mint to keep Weber here...

Old
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

A lot of those type of deals are sponsor deals like Hunts Brothers, the Predators get the money for you "free ticket" from the sponsors, albeit at a discounted rate I'm sure.

Closed Thread