HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phx - nsh

Old
10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Phx - nsh

The only thing good about having a team in bankruptcy looking for an owner for 3 years is that the season tickets are crazy cheap. Now I've got these amazing, cheap tickets and no games to watch. Figures.

Colin Wilson & Matt Halischuk

for

Rusty Klesla & Lauri Korpikoski

Thoughts?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Looks like a solid deal at face value. Not sure how high Nashville is on Wilson, though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Spitsfan67*

I think The preds will take there chances on Wilson and Halischuck.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
SupermanPahlsson

I'm not too up to date on Nashville, but I'd imagine their defensive corps looks less than stellar at the moment? Klesla could be a good addition to that, but I figure the best has yet to come with C.Wilson (if Trotz ever plays him consistently).

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I dont know enough about wilson and halischuck to give up Klesla. Klesla has been very important to our defense

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

Nashville doesn't give up Wilson for that.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Value's okay, but Nashville's D is fine. Just gonna need some growing room.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I don't think Phoenix would do it. Coyotes fans always talk about how Klesla is an integral part of the defense, and Korpikoski is probably their best defensive winger.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
The only thing good about having a team in bankruptcy looking for an owner for 3 years is that the season tickets are crazy cheap. Now I've got these amazing, cheap tickets and no games to watch. Figures.

Colin Wilson & Matt Halischuk

for

Rusty Klesla & Lauri Korpikoski

Thoughts?
If the first ever Blue Jacket draft pick ever suits up for Nashville the universe will explode.

Aside from that, though, this seems to be a bit of a roster reshuffle for two teams that need anything but. Not so great.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Not terrible value, but no thanks. Wilson will likely be the best player in the deal, and the incentive just isnt there to move him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

No, not a big fan.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
YotesFan47

I'm ok with moving klesla, he's been an outstanding defender for us but I think the coyotes would like to keep korpikoski. Maybe something more like klesla, torres, and a fourth for wilson and halischuk.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

I think the damage to the Predators bottom six would be too much. While Wilson will likely move up and down the line up, Halischuk is a big reason why the bottom six for the Predators is dangerous offensively.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

no way in this NSH fan's opinion

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
I'm ok with moving klesla, he's been an outstanding defender for us but I think the coyotes would like to keep korpikoski. Maybe something more like klesla, torres, and a fourth for wilson and halischuk.
I wouldn't do the OP's deal, and I definitely wouldn't do this. Don't really need to add anything to the blueline, and I sure as hell don't want Torres.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

not a bad deal via value wise but I believe the Preds want to keep Wilson.

10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
DesertDawg

WHY???

K & K are too important on the pk! And there is no need for either team to pull off this kind of trade!
The 'Yotes need to get a center for Korpikoski like they eventually did for Boeds...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The value is good and I can see why both teams would seriously consider it. However, I can also see why both sides would ultimately conclude they weren't interested in actually pulling the trigger.

10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I wouldn't do the OP's deal, and I definitely wouldn't do this. Don't really need to add anything to the blueline, and I sure as hell don't want Torres.
Really? I'm surprised by this. From the playoffs to what I see on paper there sure looks like a drop off and I would assume that the Preds are looking to bolster their D corps and try to continue as a contender. What do you see the opening day roster D for Nashville shaping up like if it were to start on time?

Phoenix has an abundance of defense, but specifically needs young forwards coming back. Not a lot of teams that make good partners, and Nashville's system is so similar to Tippett's it seems like a lot of players would find the transition rather smooth.

Most Yotes fans are extremely hesitant to trade Klesla since he really seems to have found his fit in the Phoenix system and had an outstanding playoffs. But Gormley has stated his intention of making the Yotes this year:
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...y-to-turn-pro/

And with some AHL seasoning beforehand if the season starts late, he'll probably be in prime shape. Tippett stated in the press conference after the prospect camp in June that he expected Gormley to come into camp and force them to make a very hard decision:
http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...sole?id=183110

If Gormley forces management's hand, the options are to
a) waive Summers
b) waive Schlemko
c) make a trade to open some ice time for Gormley

The club has put a lot of time into developing Summers and Schlemko and they've looked good in the limited time they've seen. Yet they don't have any trade value at this time either. They're both sure to be picked up in waivers though.

No one wants to trade OEL, Yandle or Z and Morris has a limited NTC and little value. Leaving Klesla.

Is there anything that starts with Klesla and Wilson that could work for Nashville?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nashville needs to hang on to its young forwards. If we're dealing Wilson for help on the blueline it needs to be after enough games are played to realize there is a bigger issue on D than on O.

I think most Preds fans expect some hick ups on defense, but Josi impressed a lot of people. He isn't going to seamlessly replace Suter, but I think he will eventually be more than a sufficient partner for Weber.

Aside from Suter, we're losing Bouillon and Hillen from last year's blueline. They have been replaced by Hannan and a full year of Gill. Hopefully Gill's presence will help us avoid early PK issues like we had last year.

Blum is the biggest question mark, and if he doesn't pan out I'm not sure we're worse off (though if he gets back to 2010-2011 form it'll be a bonus).

Ekholm is another player with a chance to make the jump and break out.

Sorry, I just don't see Nashville being in the market for another defenseman, especially not at the expense of two young forwards (one of whom is our best bottom six threat).

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Really? I'm surprised by this. From the playoffs to what I see on paper there sure looks like a drop off and I would assume that the Preds are looking to bolster their D corps and try to continue as a contender. What do you see the opening day roster D for Nashville shaping up like if it were to start on time?
Weber-Josi (announced by Trotz)
Klein-Hannan (assumed, since other two are announced)
Ellis-Gill (announced by Trotz)

Blum, if/when he gets his head on straight, is Hannan's replacement on the 2nd pairing. The only question is when.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to bring in Klesa, but the difference between having Hannan or Klesla is not enough incentive to deal a great young forward in Wilson. I like the idea of upgrading our 2nd pair, but not at that price.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Coyotes defense goes from stellar to meh.

Nashville loses to much future.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Coyotes defense goes from stellar to meh.

Nashville loses to much future.
Not really. GMDM expressed interest in making Michalek OEL's partner instead of having Klesla. This would move Rusty to the 3rd pairing likely unless Morris completely drops off and they need a new partner for Yandle. Realistically our blueline looks like this:

Yandle - Morris
OEL - Michalek
Schlemko - Klesla

We would have Summers, Stone, Gormley (who I fully expect to make the roster at some point this season if there is one), all vying for the 6th/7th spot. There is even the possibility of Rundblad correcting his defensive game enough to push for a roster spot. This doesn't even include our prospects that could still need a year or two to grow and then they are ready. We have to make space for these guys somehow, build their value and use their talents. With such a full and stacked blue line we could afford to send off one of Morris, Schlemko, or Klesla to give these guys a chance to impact our roster. As of right now Gormley and Klesla are the only two with real value outside of the top 4 and I don't think Gormley is going anywhere. That leaves Klesla, a fantastic number 3/4 guy who is slightly injury prone, that's his only knock as a defensive defenseman.

Bottom line is while this deal may not work for Nashville, the blue line in Phoenix is still stellar.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Not really. GMDM expressed interest in making Michalek OEL's partner instead of having Klesla. This would move Rusty to the 3rd pairing likely unless Morris completely drops off and they need a new partner for Yandle. Realistically our blueline looks like this:

Yandle - Morris
OEL - Michalek
Schlemko - Klesla

We would have Summers, Stone, Gormley (who I fully expect to make the roster at some point this season if there is one), all vying for the 6th/7th spot. There is even the possibility of Rundblad correcting his defensive game enough to push for a roster spot. This doesn't even include our prospects that could still need a year or two to grow and then they are ready. We have to make space for these guys somehow, build their value and use their talents. With such a full and stacked blue line we could afford to send off one of Morris, Schlemko, or Klesla to give these guys a chance to impact our roster. As of right now Gormley and Klesla are the only two with real value outside of the top 4 and I don't think Gormley is going anywhere. That leaves Klesla, a fantastic number 3/4 guy who is slightly injury prone, that's his only knock as a defensive defenseman.

Bottom line is while this deal may not work for Nashville, the blue line in Phoenix is still stellar.
Klesla is alot more solid than michalek IMO. Having OEL+Yandle+Kesla+Morris+Schlemko+Michalek is what makes the Yotes defense so good right now.. Klesla is important to this team.. He's really underated.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Klesla is alot more solid than michalek IMO. Having OEL+Yandle+Kesla+Morris+Schlemko+Michalek is what makes the Yotes defense so good right now.. Klesla is important to this team.. He's really underated.
His time on the ice is underrated. It's the constant injury issues that make it problematic for him. That was the real reason he was traded; we needed someone who we could expect to be there.

And of course, in true "the hockey gods really, really hate us" fashion, that same injury curse consequently went after literally each and every single other defenseman on the roster the next year.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote