HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Malkins KHL adventure (All KHL talk)

Old
01-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Iv read alot where malkin seems like hes not crazy about being in the spotlight which is great pgh is the only place in the world he can play where hes not gonna be the face of a team.
Yeah, he's either implied or flat-out said a few times that he's not interested in being the face of a team and having to deal with the media all the time. This is why I die a little inside every time a thread pops up on HF about how Malkin can't wait to be a UFA so that he can escape from Crosby's shadow and be the biggest star on a team or go to a bigger market.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
This was my favorite quote:

General manager Ray Shero has been directed by ownership to keep Malkin with the Penguins through the duration of his career.

Too bad it's a Rossi article so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Mike Keenan was announced on Monday as the new head coach of Metallurg Magnitogorsk in the KHL.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...ke-keenan.html

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Welp, we don't have to worry about Geno bolting for Russia anymore.

If he hated Therrien...

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:57 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Hi there, Pens fans.
I know you are all wrapped up in playoffs, but perhaps someone will drop few lines here. My local team Medvescak Zagreb has joined KHL less then a month ago. During lockout, yours kid Dustin Jeffrey was playing for us in EBEL and there is a rumor we might be able to sign him for next season. Now, I know there is no way he would swap NHL for KHL, but I was wondering how does his future with Penguins look like. Is there a spot in lineup for him at all? I know he has been out of all PO games, but that does not necessarily mean he's out for next season, with rentals and cap going down. We would love to see him in our KHL team, but I don't think it is realistic ... Or is it?

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
vodeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Hi there, Pens fans.
I know you are all wrapped up in playoffs, but perhaps someone will spare a few lines here. My local team Medvescak Zagreb has joined KHL less then a month ago. During lockout, yours kid Dustin Jeffrey was playing for us in EBEL and there is a rumor we might be able to sign him for next season. Now, I know there is no way he would swap NHL for KHL, but I was wondering how does his future with Penguins look like. Is there a spot in lineup for him at all? I know he has been out of all PO games, but that does not necessarily mean he's out for next season, with rentals and cap going down. We would love to see him in our KHL team, but I don't think it is realistic ... Or is it?
Hey Medvescak fan, I remember days when Medvescak was just canon fodder for Jesenice or Olimpija, long way to KLH. Nice.

Jeffrey has not been playing in the playoffs and will not this year. I assume he would make more money now that you're in KLH, so there is an outside chance, although I think he will try next year to get to some other team cause he just doesn't fit on top 3 lines for Pens, and he is not 4th line grinder type.

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Hi there, Pens fans.
I know you are all wrapped up in playoffs, but perhaps someone will drop few lines here. My local team Medvescak Zagreb has joined KHL less then a month ago. During lockout, yours kid Dustin Jeffrey was playing for us in EBEL and there is a rumor we might be able to sign him for next season. Now, I know there is no way he would swap NHL for KHL, but I was wondering how does his future with Penguins look like. Is there a spot in lineup for him at all? I know he has been out of all PO games, but that does not necessarily mean he's out for next season, with rentals and cap going down. We would love to see him in our KHL team, but I don't think it is realistic ... Or is it?
Hard to say.

Pens have many UFAs or RFAs, just like Jeffrey. There should be a place for him on the 3rd or 4th line when Adams and Glass are gone. Bylsma loves his vets though, so I wouldn't be surprised if Adams stays for another year. Glass is signed through next year, but he really should be bought out.

But in my opinion Jeffrey does have a future in the NHL, if not with the Pens, then with some other team who needs a bottom 6 center.

Frederick Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Hi there, Pens fans.
Jeffrey's really far down the depth chart right now. There'll be some turnover next year due to salary cap realities, but even with that, it wouldn't surprise me if he still couldn't make the lineup with any regularity. But that's not to say no NHL team would want him.

So I don't know what he'll be doing next year, but what you're suggesting isn't completely out of the question.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Well I watched quite a few games with Jeffrey in lineup and I'm on the fence about him sticking with Pens, but he is a player at least several teams would gladly take. Our Bears are a long shot, but I'm pretty sure they will try to get him.
Thanks for the answers and enjoy the playoffs.

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Sivek

Jeffrey will only be an RFA this summer, and since he's making about league-minimum, I'd definitely think the Pens would tender him since he's a decent enough 12-13th forward type for cheap that is familiar with the system. Do think his future in the NHL is elsewhere if he ever wants to be anything more than a depth player since it's not likely to happen with the Pens. He's an okay player but suffers from being a bit of a tweener.

If things don't look up for him after next season, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him pursue the KHL route.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 33m
Kulemin - Malkin - Mozyakin were named #KHL's Best Line of the Season (there's an award for that). #Leafs #Pens
https://twitter.com/dchesnokov/statu...51559412994049

man if only this team had a gritty, hard-working forechecker and a sniper with a a lethal shot to pair with Malkin...

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote