HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
  #301
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
There's video on the Michigan site with some highlights from the game last night.

Trouba's scoring play starts at 2:35.
Thanks for posting this.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:56 AM
  #302
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
There's video on the Michigan site with some highlights from the game last night.

Trouba's scoring play starts at 2:35.
Dang! Looks like he's taking some cues / lessons from Kane. Nice wrap around goal. His skating looks very good.

Finished with 1G and 1A - unfortunate that they lost in OT.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
  #303
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Dang! Looks like he's taking some cues / lessons from Kane. Nice wrap around goal. His skating looks very good.

Finished with 1G and 1A - unfortunate that they lost in OT.
good to see Trouba getting points. As you said his skating does look really good. He made the one gaffe on the goal where lost the puck behind his own net but he will learn from it but on balance this is an impressive effort!

Thanks for the highlights!!

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  #304
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Dang! Looks like he's taking some cues / lessons from Kane. Nice wrap around goal. His skating looks very good.

Finished with 1G and 1A - unfortunate that they lost in OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
good to see Trouba getting points. As you said his skating does look really good. He made the one gaffe on the goal where lost the puck behind his own net but he will learn from it but on balance this is an impressive effort!

Thanks for the highlights!!
I love Trouba's skating. He's so smooth and can skate forwards, backwards and laterally equally well.
I'm a big fan of how the Thrashers/Jets liked picking smooth skaters for defence lately:
Bogosian, Postma, Trouba, Melchiori, and Yuen are all above average skaters for their level.

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM
  #305
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I love Trouba's skating. He's so smooth and can skate forwards, backwards and laterally equally well.
I'm a big fan of how the Thrashers/Jets liked picking smooth skaters for defence lately:
Bogosian, Postma, Trouba, Melchiori, and Yuen are all above average skaters for their level.
Agree - this is still one of my favorite moments for Bogo last year:




I miss NHL hockey.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
  #306
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
On Sportsnet One tonight Friday Night CHL Hockey returns with a game between Calgary Hitmen and Edmonton Oil Kings at 8:45 CST; watch for Winnipeg native Brooks Macek on the Hitmen. I also personally think Lazar on Edmonton is a damn good player.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ockey_preview/

Then on Wednesday Oct 17 we get to see Adam Lowry and Swift Current battle Evertt on Shaw TV at 8:00 pm CST.
http://www.whl.ca/article/2012-13-wh...dcast-schedule


Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
  #307
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 50
NCAA Games for today:
Trouba, Serville and Michagan hosts RIT Tigers
Lane and Nebraska-Omaha hosts Army
Stoykewych, Harstad and Colorado host Clarkson

Michigan Wolverines 7 - RIT Tigers 2
Last Updated: End Game
Trouba 1-0-1, +0, 0pim, 3 shots
2. GUE J. Trouba, (2) (A. Treais, A Guptill), 10:22
Serville 0-0-0, +2, 0pim, 3 shots

Nebraska-Omaha 5 - Army 1
Last Update: End Game
Lane: didn't play... unsure if scratch or injured or they are still making cuts.

Colorado College 5 - Clarkson University 4
Last Update: Final
Stoykewych 0-0-0, +2, 0pim
Harstad 0-0-0, +0, 2pim

Arctic Ice Hockey's:
Winnipeg Jets Prospect Tracker - NCAA Previews


CHL Games for today:
Scheifele and Barrie Colts visit Oshawa Generals
Kosmachuk and Guelph Storm host Erie Otters
Brassard and Belleville Bulls visit Brampton Battalion
Sutter and Saskatoon Blades visit Kootney Ice
Lowry and Swift Current Broncos visit Regina Pats
Olsen and Kelowna Rockets visit Victoria Royals

Barrie Colts 4 - Oshawa Generals 3
Last Updated: End Game (SO)
Scheifele 0-1-1 +1 0pim
2. BAR R. O'Connor, (1) (Z. Hall, M. Scheifele), 18:16 (PP)

Guelph Storm 6 - Erie Otters 3
Last Updated: Final
Kosmachuk 1-1-2 +0 0pim
2. GUE S. Kosmachuk, (6) (T. Richard), 4:26
3. GUE Z. Mitchell, (3) (S. Kosmachuk, T. Richard), 16:08 (PP)

Belleville Bulls 2 - Brampton Battalion 0
Last Updated: Final
Brassard 0-0-0 +0 0pim


Saskatoon Blades 3 - Kootenay Ice 4
Last Updated: Final
Sutter 0-0-0 -1 0pim


Swift Current Broncos 3 - Regina Pats 2
Last Updated: Final (OT)
Lowry 0-2-2 -1 0pim
2. S.C C. Gordon, (3) (A. Lowry, R. Scarlett), 12:11 (PP)
OT. S.C C. Gordon, (4) (A. Lowry, R. Scarlett), 4:06 (PP)

Kelowna Rockets 4 - Victoria Royals 1
Last Updated: End Game
Olsen 0-1-1 +2 0pim
3. KEL D. Severson, (2) (R. Olsen, M. Bell), 12:44 (PP)

Winnipeg Jets CHL Prospect Tracker - October Edition


Last edited by garret9: 10-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
  #308
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Holy mother, does Laughton ever have a beastly shot.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:59 PM
  #309
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,470
vCash: 500
October 11, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Michigan hockey stumbles in overtime in season opener
By David Goricki
The Detroit News
1 Comments



Ann Arbor — Michigan freshman phenom Jacob Trouba gave fans the opportunity to enjoy some hockey Thursday night, scoring a highlight-type goal in the season opener against Rochester Institute of Technology at the newly renovated Yost Arena.

Unfortunately, Michigan coach Red Berenson didn't get that same type of positive outcome from another freshman, Jared Rutledge, who is replacing former All-American Shawn Hunwick in goal.

While Trouba had a goal and an assist, Rutledge gave up five goals ... all of them on the soft variety in the Wolverines' 5-4 overtime loss.

The result left Berenson in a sour mood, especially since the third-ranked Wolverines had a 3-0 first-period lead, and a 4-2 third-period advantage.

Click link below for more.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz298GgY5TR


Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 10-12-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Can't post full articles, copyright and all that.
Bob E is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 07:01 PM
  #310
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
It's a Jenner vs. Scheifele match-up tonight. Oshawa has the last change, and they're forcing a top line vs. top line match-up. Should be interesting.

Currently 1-0 Oshawa with 6:30 left in the first - Colts on a PP.
EDIT: remains 1-0 after 1. Colts ALMOST scored a short-hander right at the end of the period.


Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 10-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.
YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
  #311
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
Kosmo with another goal tonight.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
  #312
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
And Scheifele with a second assist on a PP goal.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
  #313
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
Wow - that was quick. It was looking like the Generals might have Barrie's number, but Barrie scored 2G in a period of about 1m10s at the end of the 2nd. 2-2 going into the 3rd - as Hammer said, Scheifele with an assist in the 1st goal.

PS: the Scheifele - Jenner match-up is pretty even, but Scheifele's at +1 for the night, and Jenner's at -1 for the night so far. Play has been balanced between the two zones for both players. Very interesting match-up.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
  #314
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
PP goal by Lazer 5 mins into the 3rd makes it 3-2 Barrie. PP was due to Jenner's holding penalty.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:42 PM
  #315
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun
 
Becel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Trouba PPG

Serville +3

Becel is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:50 PM
  #316
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
Goal by Oshawa by Lessio makes it 3-3 with 6:15 left in the 3rd.

EDIT: Eckblad cross-checked Jenner from behind - ugly. 3rd ended with the Generals on the PP. Game has gone to OT - Generals will have a 4 on 3 PP for about 36s in OT.

Very interesting game - so far, the Scheifele - Jenner match-up has ended up with both players being shut down (other than Scheifele's assist on the PP).

Go Scheif - get that "clutch" goal in OT.

EDIT: heading to the SO.
EDIT: Scheif misses, Lessio misses, Camara scores, (someone) for Oshawa scores, Athanasiou misses, Lawton misses. Going to extra shooters.
EDIT: Bayers scores, Jenner misses.

Colts win.


Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 10-12-2012 at 09:16 PM.
YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
  #317
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 406
Scheifele and Jenner effectively shut each other down tonight. Only Scheifele picked up a point on the PP when he wasn't matched up against Jenner. Scoring came from the other lines. Hawerchuk broke up the Camera - Scheifele pairing half way through the game, as they were both getting keyed on.

Interesting game.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 09:40 PM
  #318
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Kosmo with another goal tonight.
And a BEAUTY, no less.


Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 10:03 PM
  #319
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
And a BEAUTY, no less.

giddy up Kosmo....nice dangle....the kid has great hands and seems to be able to get goals in allot of different ways.

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 10:58 PM
  #320
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
How has Lukas Sutter been looking out in 'Toon town? I have not heard much about him, and he did not feature prominently in the Canada-Russia series. A guy like Kosmo, taken in the next round has received far more attention (I know he's a gunner, which helps with fanfare).

Boreal is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
  #321
buyinnow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
The play by play guys said Trouba's team mates refer to him as Jacob MOTHER FXX'n Trouba becasue he's a work horse in practice, and never wants to leave the ice.

buyinnow is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:32 PM
  #322
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
October 11, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Michigan hockey stumbles in overtime in season opener
By David Goricki
The Detroit News
1 Comments



Ann Arbor — Michigan freshman phenom Jacob Trouba gave fans the opportunity to enjoy some hockey Thursday night, scoring a highlight-type goal in the season opener against Rochester Institute of Technology at the newly renovated Yost Arena.

Unfortunately, Michigan coach Red Berenson didn't get that same type of positive outcome from another freshman, Jared Rutledge, who is replacing former All-American Shawn Hunwick in goal.

While Trouba had a goal and an assist, Rutledge gave up five goals ... all of them on the soft variety in the Wolverines' 5-4 overtime loss.

The result left Berenson in a sour mood, especially since the third-ranked Wolverines had a 3-0 first-period lead, and a 4-2 third-period advantage.

Click link below for more.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz298GgY5TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reims View Post
Trouba PPG

Serville +3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow;54951221[B
]The play by play guys said Trouba's team mates refer to him as Jacob MOTHER FXX'n Trouba becasue he's a work horse in practice, and never wants to leave the ice.[/B]
I know the season is just getting rolling but the early results are in and so far its feeling like we defiantly killed it with our first round choice. Work ethic, character, size, skating ability, physical edge, big shot, offensive ability and upside. Kind of cushions the blow of the lock out a bit.

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
  #323
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
How has Lukas Sutter been looking out in 'Toon town? I have not heard much about him, and he did not feature prominently in the Canada-Russia series. A guy like Kosmo, taken in the next round has received far more attention (I know he's a gunner, which helps with fanfare).
Not very well. 2 points in 9 games and all those points came from the same game... which was also the only game where he was a +.
Unfortunately that's the only game I've seen him play, which he was solid for.
He has strong will/drive/compete/grit/whatever and is a big boy but to be honest I do worry about him...
Hopefully the points come... I know some of you might say he's more of a future defensive player, but even most effective defensive players in the NHL level are effective at getting points in juniors, because they need strong positioning, hockey sense and skating to be effective at the next level.
Although, he was 0.84 pts/gp last year, so maybe it'll just come with time...

Kosmachuk, and even Olsen, for most of last season were considered to go before Sutter (some even had Kosma as a late-late first rounder). Even post draft some still had Kosma higher (Hockey Prospectus Top 10 Jets Prospects)I think we picked Sutter earlier than he should of gone but I'm fine with the draft because I would of been happy with Kossy as a 2nd and Sutter as a third.

But hey, even if one of Olsen, Sutter, and Kosma become a regular NHLer I can say it was a job well done.

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:47 PM
  #324
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I know the season is just getting rolling but the early results are in and so far its feeling like we defiantly killed it with our first round choice. Work ethic, character, size, skating ability, physical edge, big shot, offensive ability and upside. Kind of cushions the blow of the lock out a bit.
His tools are definitely showing in these games... but you can't expect a dman to hold 0.25 sh% lol
But ya, watching him makes me excited!


PS OT
Thanks Hammer for updating the stats... had a date with the wife

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
  #325
Whiskey Charlie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Ryan Olsen video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5rjf...ature=youtu.be

Whiskey Charlie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.