Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL on TV

Old
09-20-2012, 10:53 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
OHL on TV

Has anyone been able to get OHL action pack on its own yet?

There are some people over at NOOF who appear to have it - but rogers keeps on insisting to me I have to buy sports pack...which I do not want given MLB season is about to end and there's no NHL in sight.

Anyone have news?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:59 AM
NHL Fanatic

I haven't tried yet this year but in the past I have been able to purchase it on its own. Maybe rogers employees get some sort of compensation if they get people to buy the sports pack

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:13 AM
tourlord*

I'm pretty sure you've got to grab the entire package, which would still leave you with NFL and NASCAR (I know nobody likes NASCAR...) but I'm not sure, maybe if you called them you'd be able to swing some sort of deal.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:19 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Has anyone been able to get OHL action pack on its own yet?

There are some people over at NOOF who appear to have it - but rogers keeps on insisting to me I have to buy sports pack...which I do not want given MLB season is about to end and there's no NHL in sight.

Anyone have news?
A friend of mine tried yesterday and told Rogers to stick the whole damn thing when they said she couldn't have it. Today she called back and got the OHL pack alone for $109.

Apparently threatening to move to Bell also works wonders.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
A friend of mine tried yesterday and told Rogers to stick the whole damn thing when they said she couldn't have it. Today she called back and got the OHL pack alone for $109.

Apparently threatening to move to Bell also works wonders.
I'm on Rogers Live Chat right now. The customer service rep told me i could have it and now informs that the option has "disappeared".

I will report back the outcome.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I'm on Rogers Live Chat right now. The customer service rep told me i could have it and now informs that the option has "disappeared".

I will report back the outcome.
Someone posted this on a friend's facebook page:

Quote:
I was told they received a memo today and the action pak could not be sold separately this year. I even spoke to a manager who verified this information
It appears that hockey fans are getting screwed every which way due to the NHL lockout. Nice going Rogers...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:23 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Someone posted this on a friend's facebook page:

It appears that hockey fans are getting screwed every which way due to the NHL lockout. Nice going Rogers...
but some people on noof are saying they were sold it.

the way i left things with my online chat guy was he said IT was going to "fix the problem" and call me. the phone is not ringing.

i hate rogers so much. this is the final insult. when i pointed to the online guy i'd been a customer for 6 years and asked whether there were any special discounts he could give me...he suggested i order sports pack!!

Old
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

i spoke to them again and they told me that they were not offering it alone at all (and the woman i spoke to confirmed it with management...i.e. that you couldn't get just the channel).

i pointed out my friend had just bought it for $109.99 - and they said that wasn't possible. when i told me friend this she called them back and it turned out they'd actually signed her up for the monthly sports pack instead

so if anyone thinks they've signed up for ohl action pack alone, you may want to call back and verify what you're being charged to avoid unnecessary surprises.

i can't decide whether i should get the sports pack or not. the only sports i'd watch are baseball and hockey...which means that at this point i'd be paying $35/mos. just for ohl.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Torts

im with cogeco and we get a big sports pack, includes centre ice, sunday ticket, extra innings, etc..

it just comes with that. called the super sports package i think

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:03 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I just stumbled upon this thread after being on hold with Rogers for 45 mins, and pretty much got the same answer, only way you can get the OHL AP is to order the whole Super Sports Pack. I get it along with Center Ice separately every year for the last 3 years and now this year they get rid of the option?

Complain here folks, hopefully enough hate mail will change there mind.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:35 PM
H44

Living in Cogeco land, i think those with Rogers service are really lucky. In past seasons it appears you have been able to get the Action Pack for 109 as a stand alone product. This has never been offered by Cogeco. (Last year Rogers showed some Marlie Minor Midget games on theirToronto community channel - Cogeco would never do this in my region) I spoke to Cogeco today - the Action Pack still not available by itself. Asked about a discount as there is no NHL Centre Ice at the present time - might as well been talking to a rock. At least with the Sports Pack i get to watch every Packers game.

H44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I gave in and got Sports Pak. I don't appreciate the expense...but honestly I'd mentally prepared myself to watch hockey again and didn't want to go without out.

I've had it for 5 minutes and it already feels nice to be watching hockey again

Old
09-22-2012, 01:17 PM
albator71

Quote:
I gave in and got Sports Pak. I don't appreciate the expense...but honestly I'd mentally prepared myself to watch hockey again and didn't want to go without out.

I've had it for 5 minutes and it already feels nice to be watching hockey again
If only the players could gave in as easily as you, we would have NHL hockey in no time.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote