HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to watch games on iPad or apple tv???

Old
11-08-2012, 01:55 AM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
How to watch games on iPad or apple tv???

How does one go about this, I'm clueless about any new technology

So do I need an existed Internet connection to get apple tv, and if so how fast does it have to be

And I don't want to watch games on a small screen iPad, so would rather apple tv

But if I did want to watch on iPad, is there any sites I can watch all ranger games on MSG feed

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:29 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Will you be paying for content access? If so - and providing you're in the USA or any other country where NHL have not sold internet broadcast rights to other broadcasters ( like they have in Scandinavia), you can download the NHL Gamecenter App, and use that to watch content. For most games you can select the MSG feed. Note that geo-blackouts could possibly apply. As for illegal streams, they always show up around game time, but aren't guaranteed to work on your iPad.

You will need an existing Internet connection to be able to use Apple TV. Full requirements. How fast your connection needs to be, depends on the content you're trying to view. Last year The NHL GCL supported the ranges 300 kbps - 3 mbps. I would reccomend that your connection is at least 5mbps down if you plan on streaming high quality content.

Using S-Video, VGA or HDMI cables from Apple you can connect your iPad to the TV. Similar solutions are available for Samsung Galaxy Tab and other tablets.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

For the ipad, I use an app with flash Internet, so I can stream.

Or you can buy gamecenter

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
rangers5000

few questions

-whats the name of the exact app for streaming movies/sports that you use
-what are some other great apps for movies/sports/general stuff
-im in canada and i think i can get gamecenter for free
-if i get a adaptor for ipad, can i watch clear games/movies and connect it to tv and watch crsytal clear stuff on the tv from ipad
-is there a limit for ipad, like a monthly cost and if you go over the limit it will cost alot more

Old
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
I'm in a similar situation. I used to have a mytouch 4g and had no problems whatsoever watching streams.

I upgraded to a Galaxy S3 thinking I'd be able to do the same only to find out later it doesn't support flash?! Are you kidding me?

I was under the impression that was just an issue with Apple and Flash. So I avoided the iPhone.

How can I watch the streams now? Any help would be appreciated!

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
few questions

-if i get a adaptor for ipad, can i watch clear games/movies and connect it to tv and watch crsytal clear stuff on the tv from ipad
-is there a limit for ipad, like a monthly cost and if you go over the limit it will cost alot more
Gamecenter is not free. You have to buy a subscription. If you want to stream to your TV get apple TV and then you can control via airplay on your Ipad.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Flash browser

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 90
You don't because crapple doesn't support flash

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
You don't because crapple doesn't support flash
There is a browser you can download that supports flash. I can't remember the name though. I used to have it but I'm an android user now.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Skyfire is probably what you're talking about.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Skyfire is probably what you're talking about.
Yep that's it. Thanks, couldn't remember for the life of me.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Gamecenter is not free. You have to buy a subscription. If you want to stream to your TV get apple TV and then you can control via airplay on your Ipad.
do i need anything else, i only have ipad and no other connection via internet, is all i need a ipad and apple tv, i have no wifi

also i cant seem to find skyfire on the app store

Old
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
do i need anything else, i only have ipad and no other connection via internet, is all i need a ipad and apple tv, i have no wifi

Definitely going to want wifi.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:

Need to jailbreak your device for skyfire.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Need to jailbreak your device for skyfire.
No you don't. I had it on my iPhone/iPad before I jailbroke them. But the jailbreak tweaks on Cydia, even though I don't use them, are much better than Skyfire. I remember it lagged a lot.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
few questions

3. Gamecenter requires a subscription, as someone already pointed out.
4. Since you have an Apple TV as well, it supports airplay with the iPad, although wifi is required. I'm not sure if Gamecenter specifically supports this, although I am HIGHLY doubting it does, since I plugged my laptop to the TV once and it said that I had to disconnect the external monitor in order to continue watching the game. Could be wrong though. If that doesn't work, you can get the Apple Digital AV Adapter and connect an HDMI cable from your iPad to your TV this way. Now-the tricky thing is that this cable is $50, and Apple has specifically made it impossible to use some cheap cable from China to do the job. It simply does not work. In order to get around this, you must jailbreak your iPad, and get Resupported on the Cydia store, which removes this configuration. Display-Out is another tweak from Cydia that would be used. Overall, this comes out to be WAY cheaper that $50. However, all new iPads are running some version of ios6 at this point, and there is no jailbreak for this so far, as Apple has added more security measures than ever before.
5. Not if you're on a wifi network. If you're planning to pay monthly for 3G/4G service, there are usually limits. Even with an unlimited iPhone plan from ATT for example, they still warned me that if I went over 3GB in a month again, they would slow my connection speeds.

Get a router in your home.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
rangers5000

any streaming sites of apps that gets all live stuff like nhl

do i need a app, or can i just go to the site to stream stuff

i got a app that seems to get all radio channels from around the world free app

any good apps or sites i can get from ipad that gets live streaming in hd in stuff, like live nhl games and such

Old
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
I'm in a similar situation. I used to have a mytouch 4g and had no problems whatsoever watching streams.

I upgraded to a Galaxy S3 thinking I'd be able to do the same only to find out later it doesn't support flash?! Are you kidding me?

I was under the impression that was just an issue with Apple and Flash. So I avoided the iPhone.

Damn dude you had been watching hockey games on your smartphone?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
rangers5000

any good free apps you guys know about that has good streaming off live sports/shows

Old
11-09-2012, 06:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post

Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on Android devices running Jelly Bean or higher. Your new S3 should be running Ice Cream Sandwich, which means you're still supported. You should still be able to download Flash from the Play Store, if your device didn't already come with it.

Even if you upgrade to JB, there are still plenty of ways to sideload Flash onto your device. I'm running JB on my S3 and Flash still works flawlessly. If you can't figure it out through Google, PM me and I'll help you get setup.

Either way, mobile Flash is on its way out. Apple never supported flash and Android and Windows Mobile phones and tablets are phasing it out.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Damn dude you had been watching hockey games on your smartphone?
Yea I had no choice. I work the PM shift and I have a nice long break that allows me to watch the 1st and 2nd periods.

I upgraded to the Galaxy for the bigger screen lol. Don't judge me

Old
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on Android devices running Jelly Bean or higher. Your new S3 should be running Ice Cream Sandwich, which means you're still supported. You should still be able to download Flash from the Play Store, if your device didn't already come with it.

Even if you upgrade to JB, there are still plenty of ways to sideload Flash onto your device. I'm running JB on my S3 and Flash still works flawlessly. If you can't figure it out through Google, PM me and I'll help you get setup.

Either way, mobile Flash is on its way out. Apple never supported flash and Android and Windows Mobile phones and tablets are phasing it out.
Thanks for the info

Old
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
any good free apps you guys know about that has good streaming off live sports/shows
I'm sure there are some free apps out there but quality wise and connectivity wise, they may just end up stressing you out.

I sell this stuff all the time. Your router is just as important as anything else. Get a good router and you should be in good shape as far as less buffering (pausing to load) goes. I have and recommend apple's airport extreme. Works great in the two story house i have. I would then get (if you don't have already) the apple tv, which I also have. Hook it up to your tv with an HDMI then connect to your network/router. After that I would just pay the $20/month for gamecenter, which I also do. I had tried the free sites in the past and the quality just was never that good. I finally caved and signed up for gamecenter. You get all the games, options for either team's broadcast, you can watch the game about an hour or two after it ended on apple tv if you missed it (like a cable box dvr), and the picture quality is pretty damn good.

Obviously hardwiring the router to the appletv with ethernet is always the best connectivity but if not feasible your devices will still work.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
rangers5000

wouldn't i be better off just signing up for normal tv, paying all that i could just get normal tv