HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VI: Andre Brown Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
When the Giants can't run the football, they become very one dimensional and predictable. I like Bradshaw as a playmaker, but he's not an every down back. Wilson should really get a few carries.

I thought the offensive line was awful today too.
They draft a RB with the first pick but don't play him in the offense.

I don't want to hear about blitz pickup. If he's so bad at blitz pick up, then why was he the backup to start the season?

This coaching staff is brutal at self scouting.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Eli sucked ass today. And no, I'm not singling him out, they we're all pretty bad. I just feel Eli deserve some flack for todays disgrace.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Bright side -- giants played their worst game of the season against an elite defense and still had a lead with 4 mins to go.

They're also still in 1st.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
Eli sucked ass today. And no, I'm not singling him out, they we're all pretty bad. I just feel Eli deserve some flack for todays disgrace.
Exactly. Most of this crap is on him. Even the guys that have had drops or tipped balls are usually having to jump much higher to grab them. Something is very, very off with Eli right now. His throws have no power behind them -- something I am shocked to see.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
When the Giants can't run the football, they become very one dimensional and predictable. I like Bradshaw as a playmaker, but he's not an every down back. Wilson should really get a few carries.

I thought the offensive line was awful today too.
The offensive line save Diehl wasn't bad. Beatty, for example, played very well. Snee was mediocre, but I attribute that mostly to him having to fix Diehl's ****-ups. Boothe and Baas were both just there (not messing up too badly from what I saw).

Almost every single QB pressure came from Diehl. He is that bad.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Exactly. Most of this crap is on him. Even the guys that have had drops or tipped balls are usually having to jump much higher to grab them. Something is very, very off with Eli right now. His throws have no power behind them -- something I am shocked to see.
Very easy to target the QB because you don't have to analyze what's really going on.

The Giant receivers aren't getting much separation. Teams are now doing a great job of reading the Giants option routes. What that is doing, is giving Eli a smaller window to throw into. Also because of that, he's holding the ball longer.

The problem also today is Gilbride decided to not run any other type of routes. No slants, to screens, go to etc... Everything is vertical. When the Steelers weren't giving them that pass.
It's the same 2 receivers sets. No 3 or 4 sets. No adjustment at all by the coaching staff.

The bottom line is, the Giants NEED a shorter passing game. Teams are taking away the deep throw.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:40 PM
30theking

well dallas just lost so they didnt lose any ground there. if philly loses tomorrow then they won't lose any ground in the division at all. if they can just win next week they'll be 7-3 entering the bye which is pretty good.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Very easy to target the QB because you don't have to analyze what's really going on.

The Giant receivers aren't getting much separation. Teams are now doing a great job of reading the Giants option routes. What that is doing, is giving Eli a smaller window to throw into. Also because of that, he's holding the ball longer.

The problem also today is Gilbride decided to not run any other type of routes. No slants, to screens, go to etc... Everything is vertical. When the Steelers weren't giving them that pass.
It's the same 2 receivers sets. No 3 or 4 sets. No adjustment at all by the coaching staff.

The bottom line is, the Giants NEED a shorter passing game. Teams are taking away the deep throw.
Exactly. No running game, no short game. How is Eli supposed to be effective when he has one play is his arsenal?

I think after a year and half of beating teams with the same exact thing they've gotten wise to it. An adjustment needs to be made in the passing game and the running game needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately none of this will happen because Gilbride is a homunculous. His formula is the same every possession: run for no gain, run for no gain, throw deep into a deep pass defense, punt. Repeat.

The biggest problem imo though is the ineffective running game. Teams don't even have to stack the box to stop it, so they can take away the deep pass on every play without worrying about the run.

And maybe Eli didn't have his sharpest game but we can't expect him to do it every week. What he's done in the past is go out there with no support from his running game or coaching, and still put up points despite the fact that the other team knows what's coming. Nobody can get away with that consistently, not even Tom Brady.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
If we lose next week I will get worried. If we win we're in pretty good shape. This was the one game in a while I felt like we could lose and still be in o.k. shape, and we are. If the Eagles win today it'll put us a little tighter, since they still have the theoretical tiebreaker.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Exactly. No running game, no short game. How is Eli supposed to be effective when he has one play is his arsenal?

I think after a year and half of beating teams with the same exact thing they've gotten wise to it. An adjustment needs to be made in the passing game and the running game needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately none of this will happen because Gilbride is a homunculous. His formula is the same every possession: run for no gain, run for no gain, throw deep into a deep pass defense, punt. Repeat.

The biggest problem imo though is the ineffective running game. Teams don't even have to stack the box to stop it, so they can take away the deep pass on every play without worrying about the run.

And maybe Eli didn't have his sharpest game but we can't expect him to do it every week. What he's done in the past is go out there with no support from his running game or coaching, and still put up points despite the fact that the other team knows what's coming. Nobody can get away with that consistently, not even Tom Brady.
When you really analyze the Giants, you'll see that they're pretty Vanilla. They don't really mix it up much. I think this also attributes to them being an awful Red Zone team. No creativity.
Even Carl Banks on the radio said that they need add more stuff to this offense.
When teams are taking that deep ball away from you, you need to adjust and start utilizing your personnel for underneath stuff.

With the Steelers being aggressive, where was the running back screen with Wilson? The slants? Bennett in the seam?

Wilson needs to get touches. You drafted him in the first round but don't really play him??

Old
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They draft a RB with the first pick but don't play him in the offense.

I don't want to hear about blitz pickup. If he's so bad at blitz pick up, then why was he the backup to start the season?

This coaching staff is brutal at self scouting.
Totally reactionary post. You really want to fault a coaching staff that has done nothing but develop talent?

The bad call was the blitz that resulted in the Wallace TD.

11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
When you really analyze the Giants, you'll see that they're pretty Vanilla. They don't really mix it up much. I think this also attributes to them being an awful Red Zone team. No creativity.
Even Carl Banks on the radio said that they need add more stuff to this offense.
When teams are taking that deep ball away from you, you need to adjust and start utilizing your personnel for underneath stuff.

With the Steelers being aggressive, where was the running back screen with Wilson? The slants? Bennett in the seam?

Wilson needs to get touches. You drafted him in the first round but don't really play him??
When was the last time this team ran a screen? They don't.

They tried the slants but the Steelers did a great job of locking up the receivers at the line. I thought there should have been some opportunities for Bennett (especially in the red zone). They seem to have fallen in love with the run too much in the red zone.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

They tried the slants but the Steelers did a great job of locking up the receivers at the line. I thought there should have been some opportunities for Bennett (especially in the red zone). They seem to have fallen in love with the run too much in the red zone.
Which is essentially Bradshaw or Brown running into 10 people for a short gain, God forbid they change it up with Wilson, but he can't get carries because he fumbled that one time.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGRYK21 View Post
Which is essentially Bradshaw or Brown running into 10 people for a short gain, God forbid they change it up with Wilson, but he can't get carries because he fumbled that one time.
I guess the issue I have with Wilson is I don't really see him as a change of pace off of what they have. He has a higher top gear but he needs to be in the clear to really get going. In the red zone, I don't see him being an answer

Old
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

My opponents fantasy team had a meh performance except for one man.

My opponent had Doug Martin. I'm beyond mad right now. I'm being essentially destroyed by a single man.

11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:

No doubt.

They don't throw the ball to Bennett enough in the RZ. Just about every thing is a fade.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
My opponents fantasy team had a meh performance except for one man.

My opponent had Doug Martin. I'm beyond mad right now. I'm being essentially destroyed by a single man.
Dougy saved my team this week, what a performance

Old
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
30theking

eagles red zone woes continue. vick throws a pick six returned for 98 yards. not all his fault though the ball was tipped a little but it wasn't a great throw.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
30theking

14-3 saints now. saints have a very solid trio of running backs even without darren sproles. ingram, thomas, and ivory. talk about depth.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
30theking

two fumbles by the saints and now its about to be 21-17 saints.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

So the Giants are 6-3 and the other teams are 3-5, 3-5, 3-6.

Realistically, 10-6 we should be a lock. 9-7 probably gives us at least a 60% chance.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
30theking

it helps that the rest of the divison has major flaws in certain areas.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
I guess the issue I have with Wilson is I don't really see him as a change of pace off of what they have. He has a higher top gear but he needs to be in the clear to really get going. In the red zone, I don't see him being an answer
The answer in the red zone is Eli Manning and his receivers. That's usually what gets us to the red zone in the first place.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The answer in the red zone is Eli Manning and his receivers. That's usually what gets us to the red zone in the first place.
That's my point.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
So the Giants are 6-3 and the other teams are 3-5, 3-5, 3-6.

Realistically, 10-6 we should be a lock. 9-7 probably gives us at least a 60% chance.
True. It's going to be tough to nab a first round bye with the way Chicago and Atlanta are playing. That game against Atlanta (week 14 I think?) is going to be huge.

Closed Thread